How soon after a misscarriage can you get pregnant?
went to the doctor on Wednesday October 4th, 2006 and had a sonogram done, the lady told me I was at 6 weeks 2 days. I told her that was wrong and I asked her when I got pregnant she told me around Sept. 3rd. I told her that was wrong because i knew 2 weeks before that, that i was pregnant, because I had taken a test at my regular doctors office that came back pregant. The nurse left the room and came back and told my husband and I that the doctor will take my blood today and that i need to come back that friday. So needless to say I left the doctors office knowing that something was wrong. On Thursday afternoon the a nurse from the doctors office called to tell me over the phone that i was having a miscarriage. Schedule told me to come in Friday morning. I went in a spoke with my Doctor and he told me that I had miscarried sometime in September, but he couldn't understand why i had no signs of a miscarraige, so we scheduled a D&C for that afternoon. He told me to wait at least 1 month before having sex, we waited 4 days. How soon can i get pregnant again? Keep in mind that my Husband is 22, I am 21, we have been married for 3 years and this is our second miscarriage. We hand aonther one in January of 04 at 6 weeks as well. We are so devasted. We thought for sure that things were going to be right this time. Has anyone else gone through this and do you have any advice. I go back to the doctor this Friday.
Hi GAYLE12 everthing happen for a reason dont blame God dont be angry with him, He will never give you a child and take it away from you with out a raeson, but he wont come to u iether and tell you why this happened to you, it doc they can do nothing on your frst three months to prevent m/c. only god can prevent it yeah i know its painfull i've been there but have faith in God he is the provider, just pray for another and pray that he must forgive you and give another child
At 19 yrs old and already had an ectopic last july 09, my faith in having a child had dropped after losing my left tube.
Altho the heart break I had endevoured I still believed it was a blessing in disguise as me and my ex wasnt strong enough to stay together through it and after.
Now with my current partner, I couldnt have wished for anything better than to find out I was 6 weeks 5days pregnant.
Having taken my history into consideration I had an early scan only to find out the Fetus stopped growing at 4weeks.
Considering I'd had no pain nor bleeding it was a total shock.
That night I got home and was bleeding lightly, a few sleepless nights full of pain and heart ache the miscarriage is coming out the natural way.
I know its not clever and shouldnt have happend but mine and my partners way of grieving was showing eachother love and support.
We had sexual intercourse  four days later,  we didnt use protection and ive just started to bleed again.
Am I at risk of falling pregnant, and most important of all how likely is it of me getting infection.
Your help is appreciated.
hello to all and my deepest condolences to all of you whom may have angel babies. well to get started, on july 25,2010 i found that i was preggo(by a trip to the e.r.), instently i was filled with loads of emotion,,i wanted to know if the baby was ok because i really had no clue that i was pregnant until that day. but over all i was happy because it will always be my dream to be a mommy,,well aug 3rd would have been my first app,,but the sunday before that i started experiencing a little back pain and with my little knowledgeof pregnancies and what u are going to experience,,i realied on the woman around me for info,,well i was told it was normal to have a little back pain and a little spotting in the first trimester. So with that i thought i was fine,,well later that day i took a tinkle break to the restroom,,and when i wiped i found a little blood not much but enough to know it was blood..it continued into the night,,and the next morning i quickly called my o.b. and explained what was going on,,well they asked me to come in and when i got there they swifted me to the back and did a pregnancy test,,when i asked if it was still positive i was told yes i was definitely preggo,, so to see if the baby was fine they did an u/s but could not see the sack i was also told that i was 6wks and 4dys but my dates probably were of and it may have been too early..so they sent me to the lab to do blood work to test my hcg levels and still to this day i dont know the results of the tests but later that day i returned home to only pass a greyish,,slightly blueish sack and clot,,my heart hit the floor and i tried not to think of it as my precious one that i was so eager to know but after rushing me back to the e.r. and after 4 hrs of some tolerible but bad back pain and lots more bleeding,,doing blood work and being hooked up to an i.v.,,the dr. came back and with little remorse told me and my lovely boyfriend that the pregnancy was terminated.. thats when the look of confusion and wanting to know what could have happen so quickly,,really set in. He then started to say,"well it wasnt really a baby to begin with and it would have never been a baby at all, your body recognized that it was a bad pregnancy and ridded your body of it......",,but what he didnt realize was that from the moment i found out that i was pregnant i began to form a bond with something that me and my boyfriend created and that stood for the love that we have for each other and that was apart of the both of us,,it may not have been a baby to him or to what he was taught but to me and to my heart it was my baby,,my angel,,some one that i had began to love like if it was a fully developed baby. I got out of the hospital and began to walk to the car and thats when it set in,,my little angel that had managed to step in to our lives at what couldnt have been a more perfect time,,had left me and gone back to heaven,,i was devistated and cried my self to sleep many nights after that. My D&C took place aug 3rd and everything went smoothly,,and i went from still have some pg symptoms right before i had the procedure done,,to not having any by the time i made home 1 hour after having the procedure. It is now 4 wks later and i didnt wait like i was told i immidiately started trying again literaly the day after my D&C,,and am feeling pg again,,im impatient at finding out if i am but to save myself the heartache i will wait to find out..I dont regret not waiting because it was something that i decided to do myself and with my dr.s permission,,now im just waiting to confirm that Jesus gave me a little of HIS baby dust,, thanks a million for all of your inspiring stories,, i say if you have gone thru a miscarriage and u feel that you are ready to try right away,, then go ahead,,your body knows if you can handle another pregnancy so soon and if its meant to be then TRUST it will happen,,believe in God and all his works and he will give you your hearts desire,,and im praying that he gave me mine again so wish me luck and again thanks and i will keep in touch!!!!
                                                                                                          Sincerely,
                                                                                                  Baby Cluses' Mommy!!!!
I had a miscarriage at 11 wks in my 2nd pregnancy and ended up having a D&C On March 30, 2006. Was told to wait for a normal period before TTC again. Felt unwell over the next couple of weeks - BD only twice in the month but when I was having increasing nausea again I did a HPT and was it was positive. I never had a period and had no idea when I ovulated but I was pregnant less than a month later and my daughter was born safe and healthy the following January.
I had a miscarriage August 23,2010. I was 6 weeks pregnant. I miscarried one week after finding out I was pregnant. It was my first pregnancy and we were devastated to find out I lost the baby. I still haven't had my Period yet. My husband and I had intercourse a week after I lost the baby and then again 2 weeks after I lost the baby. And we haven't since because it hurts to bad. My breast are sore all over again. And my lower abdomen is swollen again. Could I possibly be pregnant again? I am worried about it, i'm just scared that I might have to go through the pain all over again, of having a miscarriage. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
did you get pregnant again after your missicarriage how soon
im 19 years old i just had a d&c procedure done i was twelve weeks along with twins. it was my first pregnancy and me and my husband would like to try again that was a month ago is it safe to try again and if we do is it likely that i will have to go through this again
I had a d&c on  oct.12 and then again on oct 19th because they didnt get the whole thing out, me and my husband want to try again and it's only been a week. how long should we wait until we try again? and what are the chances of making the pregnancy?
What if I had a miscarriage but didn't have to get a D&C do we still need to wait till the next cycle. How soon is your body able to get pregnant? When does your body start ovulating?
hello i am 20 years old nd have a 3 year old son.i had jus lost my baby 3 weeks ago.(misscarried)i was 11 weeks.this is considered my 2nd pregnancy.i had my son when i was 16 years old.i never ina million years thought i could or would miscarried since my son was completey healthy thank god!!but it can happend to anyone.ive been with my highschool sweetheart since 2005.this was one of the hardest things we have ever been through.it was so devastating!!we have been wanting another baby for 1 year now.i found out on march 7th,2011 that my baby had no heartbeat.i had a d&c done on march 8th,2011.my sons bday is march 10th,2008!!yea i know right it jus all happend at the perfect time!!its been 2 weeks and there is not a day that goes by that i dont think of my baby.o yea for the record it was a boy so we would of had a 2nd son!!=) idk when to have sex again im sooo tender nd jus scared and worried if i do happened to get pregnant again will i misscarry a 2nd time or will i give birth to  a healthy baby...?i do alot of research nd try to get as much info possible.
i found out i was pregnant feb 10th 2011 on my bf birthday and lost the baby on my birthday march 28th and had a d&c 2 days later. its been 3 weeks since than and me and him just broke up 2 days ago and i took a pregnancy tonight it was positive but going to take another 1 in the morning just incase. any advice?
the miscarriage was due to the placenta not growing the baby grew since the sonogram i had when i was 7 weeks and 2 days but they told me it has been dead for at least a week and 2 days due to the placenta.
I had a d&c and had sex 3 days later as   my doc did not tell me to stay away from sex and I started bleeding,bleeding mixture of water and blood. Please will this affect my womb or getting pregnant in future? Pls help
I had a D&C yesterday and  my Dr told us just to wait a week to have sex. But I am having a lab of tests run on me so don't try to get pregnant but don't worry about preventing. This is my second mc. He told us that as soon as my hormones get back to zero we can try again but he wants to take blood first is all. if your lining is inadequate your egg won't attach, and you'll never know you were pregnant. And the uterine lining regenerates SO fast. A woman can have a miscarriage every single month and not even know it..so I wouldn't worry too much. Just wait until you feel your body is ready.
Don't worry about what anyone says. Just do what your doctor tells you. He/she will know best. I had a D&C yesterday with my second miscarriage and was told just to wait a week to have sex so all doctors will tell you differently.
Im new to this...Its sad reading all these stories but it does help alot. I didnt know what to expect after my miscarriage, but reading about everyone elses experiences answered alot of questions. I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago at only 4 weeks. All my preg signs went away after the first couple of days and a week and a half later my hcg levels were back to zero. my miscarriage was natural, no d&c. It happened on june 9th... its now june 29th and my breasts are feeling tender and full again and Im a bit nausous...Is it possible Im pregnant again already???
Well all your stories have helped me a lot. Last Thursday July 14th 2001, I had my first miscarriage. I was suppose to be 12 weeks but I started spotting and called my doctor. When I had my ultrasound the baby measured at 8weeks.
So that is when the pregnancy had stopped. At 6 weeks we saw the heart beat. I am also Diabetic and I think my meds is what caused it. I was taking 500 mg twice a day before I found out I was preg. and then my OB switched it to 1000 mg twice a day. I have a feeling that is what may have caused the miscarriage. Does anyone know if that sounds at all possible. I had to have a D&C and now I am waiting for the time we can start trying again. If we do get preg again I will make sure that I am put on light duty at work for the first trimester because I work in a very physically demanding job in shipping and receiving. Also I will have my doctor take me off of my meds seeing how my sugars have been maintained by diet and he has only been having me take the meds for weight loss. Hope next time that will help me to keep my baby and not to have another miscarriage. If anyone has had to take those meds and has had a full preg and no miscarriage please let me know so I know what my options are.
i am 44 years old ,i just had a d & c done on 07/22/11 i was 10wks pregnant and i saw my baby's heart beat at 6wks 3 days ,when i went back for my regular check up at 10wks the doctor told me there was not heart beat and that my baby stop growing at 9wks,i am devastated,i was told that it could of happened because of my age,i am desperately want another baby,i was told to wait 3 months before trying again and i dont think i could wait that long,i do not want to be close to 46 before i have it,can you tell me how soon can i try again to get pregnant? i have 2 children a 20year old from my previous marriage and a 5 year old from my 2nd marriage and he wants another one,please let me know how soon can i try to get pregnant and hopefully wont m/c. it has really helped me all your stories ,it is hard breaking losing a baby,i am really depressed,can anyone tell me if they have gone thru what i have gone thru at my age?
As upsetting as it is to hear the things some of you have been through, its nice to know that I'm not alone, far from it in fact. I had a micarriage one week ago today at 6 weeks 2 days. Myself and my husband were/are devasted. As it was a natural miscarriage with no dc, we have started to try again and I really hope we get pregnant again soon. Some of your stories have made me feel so much more positive. I think one of the worst things about my experience (aside from the obvious) was the attitudes of the nurses and sonographers that we encountered. After a visit to a&e fearing miscarriage, we were referred to the early pregnancy unit. After waiting for an hour, we were asked questions about why we were there ect before going through to have a u/s scan. The sonographer knew that we were there because we thought we may have miscarried, yet she took ages to tell us either way! She was showing me my uterus, ovaries and bladder (all the while cheerfully telling me everything looked fine!) then when she'd finished she said 'your uterus is empty, but then you suspected miscariage didn't you?!'. I was absolutely disgusted with the lack of empathy and tact shown by the staff. I know they must get used to seeing that kind of thing but they need to be aware that we, as parents-to-be may not be used to dealing with loss in that way. They were so blunt and matter-of-fact. I know they would have to become de-sensitised to these things to a certain extent - for their own sanity - but if they can't show some compassion and empathy they should not work in that sort of role.
It is comforting to know that others understand the devastating sense of loss that you feel after a miscarriage, and as I've said, I am so sorry to hear all of the terrible things some of you have been through and I hope that you all go on to have happy, healthy future pregnancies.
Love, luck and best wishes to you all
xXx
I had a miscariage 2 weeks ago. we waited till it was 2 weeks exactly to have sex. is that to soon to try and get pregnant again?
Hi everyone, I never go on these sort of things but Im currently having a miscarriage and my husband is working away and I feel so alone and Im so depressed. However,  reading through some of your comments is helping me to grieve and realise it is not just me  that has suffered/suffering and its helping me to find hope.  I just feel a failure. I am so sorry for all of our losses We have been trying for a baby for years,  we were about to start a fertility drug, and a lap op confirmed I only have one functioning tube too :-( Im 33 years old neither of us have been blessed with a child yet so to find out we were pregnant and that we conceived naturally was so exciting we were so happy. Sadly,  I started to bleed lightly on Wednesday evening I tried to remain postitive but in my heart I knew I was mis carring I only had tender breasts  but i had no other signs i just didnt feel pregnant.  An ultrasound on Friday confirmed i was approaching my 9th week but my baby had stopped growing at nearly 6 weeks. The nurse said that i would probably naturally lose my baby but to return in a weeks time just to check it has all passed. My husband is away and I am devestated that i have had to do this on my own.  I  have now passed what looks like the sac a couple of hours ago. ( sunday) That was quite painful and now im heavily bleeding, not sure how long it will last, in a way im relieved and i can have closure, its a Roller coaster of emotions.  ANyway This is my story that i wanted to share with you? My husband returns home on the 11th October, in  about 3 weeks.  Just want feedback really.  Have girls fallen pregnant about 3 weeks after a miscarriage? Are you counting from first day of bleeding or when you have stopped bleeding.  I suppose everyone is different but i just want to hear your experiences and my problem is he is only back for 3 weeks then off again for 6 weeks.:-( Thank you xxx
Hi sorry for you loss :-( I have posted my story on here and was wondering the same , i want to start trying as soon as I can but hubby wont be home for 3 How have you got on? Any signs of pregnancy yet? xxxx
iv just recently miscarried for the 3rd time. i had a miscarriage in 2002 at 11 weeks went on to have a normal birth (baby boy) in 2004 had another normal birth (boy) in 2006 fell pregnant straight away got to 34 weeks in oct 2007 and found out the baby had died so had to have a still birth fell preg again in the feb 2008 had another miscarriage at 6weeks so me and my husband give up trying but then decided early this year we wanted another so tried for 6months finally fell preg in july i got to 5 weeks and i started bleeding aug 22nd 2011 went to hospital for scan and found out i had miscarried i was put through days of what they call medical management of miscarriage to let it just come away it self as they dont do d&c anymore hardly but after 4weeks of goin thru hell i went for final scan last week and the baby was still their so they took me down for a d&c on tue 20th sept 2011, i was then told the docs would prefer me to wait till my next cycle to try again and the only reason for that is so they can date the time of falling preg but the nurse told me that after a d&c i am very very fertile because the lining isnt thier so i could quite possibly fall preg straight away, which me and my husband had sex the nite after having d&c(wed) and then again 2 nites after(fri) so we will see what happens. good luck
I was a 11 week in found out i was have a m/c because i with to the er. that monday i with to the ob/gyn doctor see told me to wait until about a year. But i'm gone to try in six month. God bless everybody you had a m/c because when it your time you will now. Good luck to the women you is try now and the future.
On September 20th I woke to find that I was having a miscarriage, and I was having bad cramping the night before. This would have been my first baby so I didn't know what to expect, and my mom said she had cramping in all her pregnancies. I went to my first appointment back home in MI and learned that I was 6 weeks. I had an ultrasound, it was one of the best moments of my life. They prescribed me prenatals there as well. My husband is in the military and were stationed in GA, where I was going to make further appointments during my pregnancy. It took almost to get into a doctors office but I made one anyway. I ended up having to cancel that appointment due to an emergency so it took that much longer to get into a OBGYN. By the time I was right around 12 weeks, and 3 days away from my first appointment here in GA I miscarried, and I have been heart broken and whats worse is I have no family or friends here because I don't know anyone. The doctors eventually told me that the reason most likely why I miscarried is because I am RH factored. It was hard to hear that because you know and feel that it could have been prevented so all I do is blame myself. I never could have imagined that this would happen and when it did all I could do is be angry at myself and at God. Its just hard and I feel so empty. The doctor told me to wait 3 months before trying again but I just feel that I can't accept that. I want one now but were not tryng just yet, but its always in the back of my mind. So what I am asking is there anyone else with an opinion to when is the earliest we can try to conceive again?
hey im so sorry to hear what you have been through. i too had an early miscarriage and had to have a D&C operation but fell pregnant again after just one period :) i dont really have any tips other than to just try and stay relaxed and enjoy the baby making bit ;) whenever you feel the need just have fun and enjoy yourselves thats what me and my fiance did. dont think of it as 'trying for a baby' as you could end up stressing out over it. and take folic acid if you arnt already. i wish you and your husbabd all the luck in the world and my fingers are crossed for you xx
im sorry to hear this. as long as all bleeding has stopped and everything is passed it should be ok to try again. after my D&C my partner and i tried after 4 weeks which was the advised length of time. good luck to you both xx
I found out that I was pregnant on Aug. 27 2011 that was our first one. We were so excited I then started spotting it wasn't much but just enough to know that it was blood and that was a Tuesday night I then went to the e.r that night to check everything out they tested my hcg level an it was only at 287 and I was 5 weeks along so they then wanted me to go check again that week so I went in on Friday and my hcg level only rose to 384 and that's when I realized something wasn't right they told me that everything looked ok besides my hcg levels so they then wanted me to go back in on the following Monday so I did and t rose to 425 and I asked them what that means and they said inwould probably end up miscarrying which I did when I was about 7 weeks. They told me that I could start trying again right away and I didn't have to have a d&c because everything came out like it was suppose to. I lost it sep 27 that was the day I stopped bleeding and havnt had my period yet is that a bad thing or how long does it usually take to get ur period when u miscarry cuz it's been almost a month since I've bled last?
i had a miscarriage 2 days ago, and was devastated, i had sarting spotting last sunday and they told me it was normal, well then friday came along and i was bleeding bright red, so i called my o.b and they told me it was normal in early pregnancy and i didnt think so because i never had it with my son whos now 4, and  so i went to the e.r. and they did blood test and my levels dropped from 885 down to 744 and now i will be gettting more blood drawn tomorrow to check to make sure there still dropping. since sunday i was having bad back pain and abdominal pains as well, and i knew it wwas a m.c. they then sent me home with a threatened m/c and about 2 hrs after i got home i miscarried everything, and collected the grey sac (my baby) and went back to the e.r they drew blood again did a pelvic exam and also did 2 ultra sounds and told me i dont need a d&c so  now im just waiting for the bleeding to stop and then i will be trying again. my m/c was due to fetus abnormalites, i go see the o.b on thursday so a few more days and ill see what he has to say...
Don't know if anyone told you this...but it may help. Didn't have time to read all the comments. I too had a miscarriage after being 8 wks and 6 days pregnant. I lost the baby because I needed a shot called RhoGam. If you have a negative blood type and your mate has a positive then you need this shot during every pregnancy or else your blood cell will attack your baby's blood cells killing your baby which will result in a miscarriage.  This is what happened to me.  I did get the shot so if I get pregnant than I will be fine this time. If you fall in this category....that is why you keep losing your baby. Hope this helps. Good Luck next time. I hope for the best.
I had a medicated miscarriage on the 11th of nov, we first went in to have an ultrasound done in the middle of oct, we found out that I was carring twins but the sacs we not in the correct shape and the risk of having the vanishing twin sydrom was high seeing it was extremely early in my pregnancy, also the risk of miscarriage was high as well because of the sac shapes. we went back for my second ultrasound on halloween and was told that one of the twins had vanished and the other baby had aborted itself in the sac and i would miscarry sometime in the near future. he told me my options were waiting it out, medication and go home and do it in the privacy of my own home, or a d&c. I chose to wait two weeks come back for another ultrasound, we get told the same bad news and decided on taking the medication cytotec to have a medicated miscarriage. It was devistating non the least but the doctor said to wait at least three cycles before getting pregnant again because if you do so before your body is ready then your chances of a miscarriageare a lot higher. I have had one live birth back in 2001 and two miscarriages since then. it is tuff to go through this pain, trust me i know.
I'm sorry for your lost. At less you have been able to have a healthly boy. I've had lost 3 babies. this last on was on 3 weeks ago. i was going on 3 months. i didnt want anything but my baby. my husband take it hard as well. we are tryin for another hope we can have this baby life. we also still cry n miss are baby. i might be preagent right now just dont know. im kinda scared with it being so close to the one we just lost. plus with having a D/C its all so close. i guess we will find out monday Nov.20th 2011.
I would have your doctor do testing to see why you have miscarried so many time. My doctor told me once i got pregnant again in a few months, if i miscarried again he would want to do testing to make sure there is nothing wrong with the sperm or eggs. He said after the third time he would consider it a problem.
hi, I had a miscarriage a week ago, I was 5 weeks. This whole experience has been really hard. Growing up the only thing I wanted was to be a mom. My husband and I have been married for a year and half. This was our first pregancy. My doctor told us to wait a couple of months. I have mixed feelings on wether to wait or just live life and go from there. I found out today my best friend is pregnant and Id like to have babies close together. Do i just let go and let God decide whats best for me or step back and wait.
hi! and thank u for taking the time to read this! on nov. 4th i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant. i was so excited this pregnancy got my and my fiance closer together in just 5 days. why do i say 5days?? on nov.8th i woke up and headed to the bathroom. i wiped and say pink i got scared and started crying and i rushed to the hospital. drs did an ultrasound and didn see nothing not even a heard beat so they did a vaginal ultrasound i didnt understand anything they didn tell me anything but go home and rest! that same day i got home and tried to sleep. but i had really bad cramping i rush to the bathroom and i had huge blood clots and a white gray tissue that day i cried myself to sleep...the next day i had a drs apt i gave my dr my paper work from the hospital she explain that they only seen the yog sac & that the egg didn attach no anything it was just there. also my hcg was at 512 when it had to be much higher she recommended to have my hcg check so nov 11th i went back to the drs and she said my hcg had droped to 212 she made me another appt but i couldnt make it. i am trying to get pregnant again and i knoe i can only ovulate ones hcg drops to 5 or less after bleeding stopped we tried again and now im waiting to see if it happen. could i get pregnant this fast?? it is dec 5th i should be getting my period this week and i have a drs appt dec 12!! how does unfertilized egg happen??? how soon can i get pregnant?? how do i really knoe when i ovulate?? help plzz and thank u
everyone is different after a miscarriage. when i had my last obgyn appointment he told me to wait 3 months, but then again he said there was no need to give me birthcontrol to stop it, so we decided that whatever happens happens. the obgyn also said the your period will come back whenever it is ready, not at your cycle day. that is why he wants everyone to wait at the very least until after the first cycle.He said there are high risks for getting pregnant to soon as your body is not prepared to be pregnant so fast again. although your body is made to get pregnant and carry a baby it is not made to do so so fast.
i had a miscarriage 3 days ago i had unprotected sex today can i get pregnant?
i got pregnant in july of 2011. it was a wedding baby. my husband and i were sooo sooo happy. at 16 weeks i went to the ER for severe abdominal pain. come to find out our baby girl had a thanatophoric dysplasia. its a spontaneous disease (not genetic) that happens to 1 in 50,000 pregnancies. 4 days later our babies heart stopped and we had to deliver her. i was able to deliver the placenta avoiding a d&c. it is now 6 weeks later and i had abdominal pain again so a sonogram was done and they found that a piece of the placenta is still in my uterus. i now have to have a d&c next week. we are soo upset because we were just ready to start trying again and now this will prolong it. when will we be able to TTC again?
Hi Girls, so sorry for your loss.  Just read all your comments.  The loss is devestating, I never thought i would react as bad as i did, but it does get easier I promise.  I am now 5 weeks 4 days pregnant again, 2 months after I miscarried, and I only have one working tube!  Everyone is different.  I was not ready to start trying for a few weeks... emotionally.  However I was adviced that there was no reason why you cant start trying straight away, They say to miss at least one cycle thats because its easier for them to work out when you conceived and work out your due date.  Unless you have health issues and specifically been told not to try again there should not be anyone problems! My problem is now that I cant relax and enjoy the pregnancy, we are over the moon of course but the pain of the mis carriage was too much emotionally and pysically and im so paranoid.  Every cramp or twinge i feel i keep rushing to the toilet and have that nightmare of bleeding!I remain postitive but anxious! I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and I hope all your wishes come true.  Things will work out for us all in time.  The key is definitely to relax as I forgot to mention I was referred back to a fertility specialist again, once the appointment was made i must have relaxed? as I conceived again? Good luck to you all.  Keep in touch with your stories.  It helps to talk xxx
im 22 years old.. and i had a m/c on dec.24 and im still bleeding... i want to know how long do i have 2 or should wait to try 2 get prego again??

THE SAD THING ABOUT MY STORY IS I JUST FOUGHT OUT THAT I WAS PREGANT THE BEGIN OF THE MONTH, AFTER FINDING OUT THAT I WAS PREGNANT DO TO A MISSED PERIOD... I WAS SO EXCITED. I WENT TO THIS PLACE WHERE THEY DO FREE PREGNANCY TEST.. AND ULTRASOUNDS.. THEY ASKED ME  I WHEN WAS MY LAST PERIOD AND I TOLD DEM NOV.4TH... SHE PUT IT N HER CHART AND SAID I WAS 5 WEEKS PREGNANT.. I SUBPOST TO HAVE  MY DOC'S APPOINTMENT ON THE DEC.28.. THIS WAS MY 1ST TIME EVER BEGIN PREGO.. BUT BEFORE MY M/C I WAS HAVING CRAMPING, LOWER BACK PAIN, AND THEN CAME SPOTTING.. THEN THE BLOOD GOT HEAVIER... I M/CED N MY OWN HOME AND THE BATHROOM... IT WAS SO PAINFUL... I HAD LIK 3 BIG CLOTS THAT WAS THE SIZE OF MY HANDS COME OUT... AND THEN I JUST SAT THERE ON THE TOLIET PRAYIN... AS I GOT UP 2 FLUSH I LOOKED DOWN N THE TOLIET AND SAW MY BABY... I WAS SO HURT... AS I PICKED MY BABY UP AND JUST SAT THERE AND LOOKED AT IT AND MY HAND... SO I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TO FIND OUT ID I PASSED ALL THE TISSUES OR WHATEVER NEEDED TO COME OUT.. AND THANK GOD I DID... BUT THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I WAS ACTUALLY 11 WEEKS PREGNANT... AND THAT B/C MY BLOOD IS O- THAT MY BABY BLOOD WAS POSTIVE AND THAT MY BLOOD WAS FIGHTING OFF MY BABIES BLOOD... SO THEY GAVE ME A SHOT THAT WOULD HELP ME  THE NEXT TIME I GET PREGNANT.. THE SAD PART ABOUT ALL OF THIS IS I WAS PREGANT FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS AND DIDNT HAVE ANY SIGNS OF IT... I WAS STILL HAVING MY PERIODS AND EVERYTHING... SO MY THING IS IF YOUR PREGANT OR TRYING TO GET PREGNANT ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW YOUR BLOOD TYPE!!! AND IF YOU ARE PREGNANT ITS BETTER TO GO TO THE DOCTOR SOON AS YOU FIND OUT...
Hi Im very sorry for your loss, I understand your pain emotionally and pysically.  I also had passed my baby in the toilet.  I buried my baby it was too distressing for me to flush away as my baby was something me and my husband have been wanting for years of trying!  I understand a little about your situation too as my best friend is pregnant too and she had to have a shot because of this?  Like i said in my previous message unless there is a medical reason not to get pregnant so fast there are no reasons why you cant get pregnant straight away?  Depends on the person i only bled for 2 weeks and it was just over 5 weeks until my next period?  i Had 2 periods and then fell pregnant again  :-) I wanted to have at least one clear cycle so my body was regulating normally.  Doctors say wait a couple at least one cycle too bacause its easier for them to pin point conception and due date?  You are very fertile for next 3 months after miscarriage too.  Everyone is different so it depends how you feel emotionally and pyscically i would personally wait for your next period to come so you know you are back to normal? I wish you all the best of luck x
low stress and dont try just let it happen it dont happen if you try
hey ive had two misscarages aswell im only22  i had my first m/c with my first pregnancy i was about 6 weeke pregnant i was devestated i was so scared that if i got pregnant it would happen again but just a whole year later i fell pregnant and now i have a lovely daughter who is no 2 n half years old just in december i found out i was pregnant but unfortuntly i had a misscarage a few days later so no i have had two m/c but so did my gran so i am defo trying again everything happens for a reason all i know is keep trying and it will happen for u
I am finding these posts a little depressing. I am 40 and just had my first pregnancy and then miscarriage at 8 weeks. I had to go through IVF to get there because my husband's has morphology. Basically his sperm are oddly shaped, so they have a difficult time penetrating and impregnating me.

We went through IVF and got prego the first time....but lost the peanut at 8 weeks. I think we may try naturally for a while. Does anyone know of any vitimins my husband can take that help with morphology? I really don't want to go through IVF again.  

If we don't get prego naturally I will probably try again, since we already paid for it. I just feel like a pin cushion with all of the shots and taking blood. Not to mention I have a blood clot disorder. So when I am pregnant I have to take Lovonox shots everyday through the entire pregnancy.

I didn't realize how difficult it was to have a baby..and now I see so many people have miscarriages. At my age I am fearful it will never happen for me...

Best of luck to all of you!
hello meli741,
I am 43 years old and recently suffered a miscarriage- New Year's Day to be exact.  I have a 14 year old son so this was my second pregnancy ever.  My husband and I were shock to find out we were pregnant and then the unthinkable happened.  I am anxious to try again but I want to take the next three months to get as healthy as I can before trying again.  I will keep you and your husband in prayer.  Just remember to trust God and know how much he loves you!!!!
I was told my hold entire life i would never have kids, so i never took the proper precautions to keep from being pregnant, for 8 years. On January 13 2012 Started feeling like i was pregnant so i took a test. (actually 5) ... with in 3 seconds these tests turned positive. i couldn't believe it. three days later on the 16th I went to the hospital because i started spotting, While i was there the did the first ultrasound and i found out i was 4 wks and 4 days with TWINS! We were very shock, scared but excited. I was blessed with not one but two. everything was fine i was just bleeding because of plantation. We went to hear the babies heartbeats on The babies fathers birthday February 8th, at 7wks 6 days. He said it was the best birthday present ever. all was well. On March 7th we went in i was 11wks and 6 days we went in expecting for them to be wiggling. Well they werent. There was no heartbeats on either one. they had stopped growing at 9 wks and 3 days, and 9 wks and 4 days(they were gone for three weeks). Of coarse i flipped out. i couldnt believe this was happening to me. I was scheduled for a DandC the following morning on the 8th of march,  I was in pain but i was and am still heart broken. On the 13th i passed a clot the size of a large pad, and i freaked  and rushed to the hospital. Come to find out they had left some " product" after the D&C. The hits just keep on coming. I had intercourse on the 16th,19th,20th-23rd. After my D&C all my symptoms literally stopped. Now 19 days after i feel like i am pregnant: heartburn nausea, but i dont think i have had a period. COULD IT BE!! :) I would be happy if so, but i dont want get my hopes up if its not possible. PLEASE HELP!  
I had a miscarriage on sep 21 I've stopped bleeding can I start now to try and get prego or should I wait??
Yes you can start trying when you like if you feel ready emotionally and physically I waited two cycles before I tried and fell straight away and now I have a healthy little boy. The reason why they suggest you wait is because you cant pin point your due date properly .  I would wait to have at least one normal period then start trying again.  Its all very traumatic on your body and with your emotions. You are fertile for the next 3 months or so after a mis carriage anyway.  I wish you all the best of luck and Im sorry for your loss x
I just had a mc I was 10 weeks and I was spotting , called the dr and they told me to get a sonogram ASAP,the heart bit was gone and the the baby stopped growing , very devastating and sad. Just got done D&C and I'm resting ... We want to try soon but I'm so scared:(
Are you a Doctor?