How soon after a misscarriage can you get pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

went to the doctor on Wednesday October 4th, 2006 and had a sonogram done, the lady told me I was at 6 weeks 2 days. I told her that was wrong and I asked her when I got pregnant she told me around Sept. 3rd. I told her that was wrong because i knew 2 weeks before that, that i was pregnant, because I had taken a test at my regular doctors office that came back pregant. The nurse left the room and came back and told my husband and I that the doctor will take my blood today and that i need to come back that friday. So needless to say I left the doctors office knowing that something was wrong. On Thursday afternoon the a nurse from the doctors office called to tell me over the phone that i was having a miscarriage. Schedule told me to come in Friday morning. I went in a spoke with my Doctor and he told me that I had miscarried sometime in September, but he couldn't understand why i had no signs of a miscarraige (miscarriage), so we scheduled a D&C for that afternoon. He told me to wait at least 1 month before having sex, we waited 4 days. How soon can i get pregnant again? Keep in mind that my Husband is 22, I am 21, we have been married for 3 years and this is our second miscarriage. We hand aonther one in January of 04 at 6 weeks as well. We are so devasted. We thought for sure that things were going to be right this time. Has anyone else gone through this and do you have any advice. I go back to the doctor this Friday.
I want to the doctor today, he took my HCG and told me as long as it comes back on Monday at zero, then he said we are good to try again and that some people can get pregnant two to three weeks after a D&C. I am concerned about getting pregnant again, I don't know if I could handle a third miscarriage. But then again I remind myself that it will happen, when it's meant to be. Does anyone have any suggestion on what my husband and I can do to get pregnant?
I posted those comments sometime last week, but since I am new I didn't realize I had to back a new question in order for someone to reply back. The doctors office called me yestreday and told me that my HCG count is at 23 so I will need to come back on friday to test again. My husband and I are so ready to have a baby. He's in the Mariens and could possibly be shipped to Iraq in December, so we want to conceive now, before we have to wait another year or so. Does anyone have any suggestions to how we can get prgnant faster?
You're not supposed to have sex that soon after a D&C, because you risk getting an infection.

I think you should listen to your doctor. If he thinks you should wait one cycle, then do it. After a D&C, you need to wait and let your lining build back up. I know losing a baby is hard, but give yourself sometime to grieve, and let your body heal.
When i went to the doctor last Friday he told me as long as my HCG was at zero that I could try again and that was only two weeks after the D&C. This is also my second miscarraiage at 6 weeks and my doctor told me that they usually don't run any type of test till you miscarry three times. Is this common? I don't want to have to go through this a third time. Also i am having a little cramping, and i keep thinking that i might be starting my period, is it possible that i could already be pregnant?
I am so sorry for your loss.  I went through a miscarriage Feb of 04.  Then March 04 found out I was pregnant again.  My daughter will now be 2 in december.  Anything can happened.  Don't lose faith.
Well, I was referring to having sex 4 days after your D&C- that's where you risk infection. If your doctor has given you the green light to TTC again, then go ahead. Some doctors won't do fertility testing until you've had 3 m/c's, but not all doctors. If you're worried about m/c'ing again, look around for a doctor who will do some tests on you and dh.
And to answer your other question- no, you can't be pregnant if you still have hcg left from your last pregnancy.
im sorry for your losses. im a military wife as well so i understand your wanting to concieve (conceive) before he leaves. the first thing you need to think about though is your health. will he be gone for  a year? one thing to consider is you are both young. yes going to iraq is a scary thing. being pg is scary too when dh is far away. im not telling you to wait or do it now, but spend the next few months loving each other and having some time for yourselves. the added stress of concieving right now may not be the best for you. best of luck to you and to him! may he return safe.
I think you should wait atleast 1 cycle.When a d&c is done their is no lining in cervix.Weather your at 0 or not does not make a diff.If you get preg. to soon & there's no lining ther cant be adicuate implantation resulting in m/c.I m/c in 8/25 & will be waiting till dec-jan...nanis
No i said this was my second MISCARRIAGE! The first miscarriage was in January of 03 and this last one was Ocotber 6th.
Was it January 03 or January 04?? Just curious as you posted up a few posts that it was 04 but just now posted that it was 03.
My bad I am at and have been here for 14.5 hrs so I'm a little tired.

Just to straighten a few things out.....
1. Been with my Marine husband for 7 years (middle/highschool sweet hearts).

2. Married him in Sept 03.

3. First miscarriage in Janury 22nd,04 at 6 weeks.

4. October 06th, 2006 had a D&C done doctor said the baby had stop growing at 6 weeks and 2 days.

Hope this clears everything up.
It is still not for sure if he is even going to Iraq, he told me that it will only be for 6 months, but as anyone heard of them actaully coming home that soon. Thank you all for your comments. This is my second miscarriage, my first one was January of 04, so it was a long time ago.

I am going to talk to my doctor a little when I go in on Friday, and I will keep you guys posted. I try to keep my hopes up but its so hard, I went back to work two days after my D&C and have been so busy that I really don't have any time to really think or grieve about our lose. I feel like i'm okay with it, but at the same time it still hard to grasp since i thought that it was the right time this last time since it was so unexcepted. My husband and I been together for 7 years and we have been having unprotected sex for 6 of those years, and i have only gotten pregnant twice, does anyone think that is uncommon?

But you are right we should spend this time with eachother in case he does have to leave. I am going to try to be more careful at least until my 1st cycle starts, then after that if it's meant to be it will happen.
im confused. you have been together and ttc for 6-7 years but was married to another 2 -3 years ago? you need to come clean little lady lol.
We have been together for 7 years,for the first year we didn't have sex and then every since then we have never done anything to stop from getting pregnant. We got married in Sept of 03.
no listen, you said this is your second marriage and your first one was 2 years ago. when and how did that happen?
sorry i read things wrong as i sometimes do. honestly you want an opinion that is real. take time. dont rush into anything. let him go off to war or wherever the military leads him to. you are young and there isnt a reason for your body to be put through this right away again. plus does he need this on his mind while he is in combat? think about things through and through and know that this baby can wait. my opinion. i give my straight forward thoughts. good luck with your life and dont rush into anything right now
your right he doesn't need to be worrying about me or the baby while he is away. I will be a little more cautious right now and if it's meant to be it will happen on it's own. Thanks for the advice.
read the message again she said it was her second MISCARRIAGE not MARRIAGE
Im 15 years old and I got married on may 19, 2007. I got pregnant on june 17 and had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago tomorrow. I still haven't had a period and I did have sex almost 3 weeks ago and ow my breast are tender and swollen. Is it possible I could be pregnant again...that was my second m/c in less than 6 months.
I am 19 Years old and I am married. My husband and i wanted to have a baby so bad. we tried and tried. finally I got pregnant in june and i found out in july that i was pregnant. My husband and i were so happy. we tried for 4 months to get pregnant. then I started feeling really bad back pains  and i was concerned so i went to the hospital and they told me that i was going to have a miscarriage. I can't even explian how i felt. I have now just ended my first menstral period after the miscarriage and i am wondering if anyone has some advice on how soon it would be befor i should get pregnant. i have only had this miscarriage and i really don't want to go through another one. Does anyone have advise. Please
Okay really quick did you say that you are 15 years old and are married and have already had two miscarriages?
i had a misscarriage 4 weeks ago .i have not had a menstral cycle yet but i was told it could take 6 to 8 weeks as i had to have a normal delivery because i was 18weeks gone so it will take a bit longer 4 things to get back to normal.me and my partner have already started intercourse again and i just wondered if it was possible to fall pregnant again if i have not come on yet? if any 1 could reply bck with a helpful answer i would be grateful.
I had a m/c on May 7th following that i bleed for 2- 3 weeks had lower back and
some absominal pain.  On May 28 had intercourse, what i remember most about
it was the orgasm. It was the GREATEST ONE I HAD EVER HAD!!!  ...BOY IT WAS GOOD...so what is going on with my body?..its now June 21, 2008 and still have'nt
had my period.
my dr told me normally it takes 4-6 weeks before you get your first cycle and there are those few women that go as far as 8 weeks.  And of course the possibilty of you ovulating and getting preggo could also happen before your first cycle.  It wont hurt to call your dr and to ask questions either.
I had a miscarriage on May 10, 08. It was my first one . Since than I have had some spotting and a light bit of blood on June 10, 08 alot of cramps which only lasted about 3-4 days. I have had intercourse on the 15th of May, 24nd of May , June i3th, 2008.
I have been getting headaches, lower back pain and sharp pains that felt like they were in my ovaries or lower abdomen. I have been crying alot and my smoking has doubled. I have not been able to sleep and I have been very moody. I was into the doc's about 2-3weeks ago and he treated me for a bladder infection, but I don't feel any better as weell as been nauseas for 2 days straight. But my boobs are not tender and 2 weeks before I get my period I always get those symptoms. Sometimes I will get bloated and sometimes I will go back down to flat as a board.
Do I bother getting a preg test? Do I wait it out? I was always told tha you are at high risk of getting pregnant after a miscarriage. A week after my hormone had dropped from over 700 down to 30 something. Help.
Can someone give me some kind of answer or advice?
Hey Chrissy there is a possibility that you are pregnant, but what do you mean your hormone dropped from 700- 30, if you were talking about your hcg level was at 700 then you already know that you are pregnant and if it dropped to 30, you definetly had a miscarriage or on the brink of having one . I would go into my doctor and get a pregnancy test or buy a cheap one they are usually as good as the so called more expensive one just wait a week after your first missed period.
I'm 17 and I had a misscarriage at 5 weeks on September 16th. It's now October 15th and I still havent had a period. Is it likely that it would take 4-6 weeks for me to get another period considering I wasn't very far along? And is it possible for me to have gotten pregnant again only 2 weeks after my misscarriage?
I was looking at your story, I also have had two misscarriages.Mine were back to back I even waited 3 mo. before getting pregnant.  I have a total of 4 children I'm 29 yrs. old.  Anyway the misscarriages were in between my second and third babies.  I found out after the second misscarriage I had low progesterone, a hormone required to keep the pregnancy going, since I misscarried both times at 9 1/2 weeks.  My Dr. told me to try again ,and third time was sucessfull, my last two pregnancies I just took the progesterone inserts.  You take them until 12 weeks.  You don't need them after that, if that was your problem.  Anyway your supposed to wait 2 weeks to resume sex, and I know people that have just had one period and gotten pregnant, and it was okay.  I WOULD RECOMMEND ATLEAST 2.  This would rebuild your lining so baby can implant well!  GOOD LUCK.
Hi everyone I am a 22 year old and in April of this year I had a miscarriage.it was my first but I never had a D&C I went to the doctor and he said everything was fine.I havent been back to the doctor since then.but my queston is how soon after a miscarriage can u become pregnant?
i had a miscarrige nov 20 2008, i was 10 wk and 5 dys. i was told by my doctor that i could try right after the miscarrige, but they wanted me to wait one cycle due to determined the baby due day, well we started trying 5 days after the miscarrige. i didnt get pregnant. my husband and i never uesd preotection in the 11 years we have been together. but i started the clear blue ovulation kit and got preg the 2nd month we tried. the loss of the baby was very hard on us, but god willing we are trying again. so everyone pray for us. and my god bless us
i got preg on oct/08 and had a miscarriage and a d&c done on dec/08 it's only been 3 weeks since and i'm so curious how long after a d&c can you say you can most likely be pregnant again.
i'm so curious because my body kinda knew when i lost the baby becasue i had a terrible dream about losing my baby and at the same time my body was not feeling the same way as when i was pregnant. now after 3 weeks of d&c i'm having those feelings as when i was pregnent, i took a pregnancy test and it slightly came back positive.
I had a m/c and d&c in Nov/06.  I waited 1 cycle and got pregnant again in Jan/07, but m/cd again in March/07 and had another d&c.  This time i didn't wait.  As soon as the bleeding stopped (it was much, much less bleeding than the first time) we just started trying, without knowing when i would ovulate or anything.  I never had a period after the second m/c and conceived my beautiful daughter (she turns one today!).

I just had another m/c and d&c last 5 days ago.  We are again going to just wait until the bleeding stops and start trying and hoping.  I don't know if it is really true that you are more fertile after a m/c, but it is worth a shot.  I think I m/cd after my first d&c because they did something wrong during the procedure - it was just so much less bleeding the second time, and this time too.

Btw, it never, ever gets easier - every single time (i have also had another very early m/c that didn't require surgery) it is incredibly heartbreaking.  We are trying for #3 for us (and #5 overall) - doesn't matter how many kids you have, doesn't matter how far along you were, doesn't matter if you've gone through m/c before - it is devastating no matter what.  But.... when you do finally carry through and have a beautiful baby in your arms, it's like you never had pain in your life, it is such a glorious feeling!  So my advice is, keep trying if you can, and just know that if you are able to have a baby, it's sort of like the pain is a small nightlight and the joy is the brightness of the sun.
I had a D&C on Oct 30th 2008 and had my period on Dec 11th 2008 and haven't had my period yet. I went to the Dr. to take a pregnancy test and it came out negative that was a week ago. when can i get pregnant?
Hi I am 31 and my husband is 38. We had a miscarrage (miscarriage) on Feb. 1 2009. It hurts and we would like to get pregnant asap. I didn't have a d&c and i bleed for 5 days. I have a step son and we have two other boys. We would like a girl but will love it just the same no matter the sex. It is now Feb. 18 2009 and it still hurts alittle bit when i see or hear a baby cry. Can anyone give any advice about how soon or what can help us get pregnant faster?
This is my story and hopefully it will help someone having a miscarriage. My LMP was dec 17, 2008. I was awaiting for my period in January to get fertility shots. I had a surgery to remove a polyp from my uterus in April 2007. My period was supposed to be January 12, and since we were waiting for it to start the fertility shots I noticed that after two days of waiting there might be a possibility of being pregnant, yeah unbelievable after 7 years of marriage and no pregnancies. I took pregnancy tests and came back positive and even my husband thought I was joking. Had my blood checked by the fertility doctor and came back positive and got scheduled for an ultrasound. The Dr. perfomed it and he was concerned about the baby having no heartbeat and being too small. I asked him if the heart beat was absent because the baby was too small and he told me he didn't want me to concern myself. That was on Feb 4. He then asked to come back in a week, which he had a medical intern to do the ultrasound. Yeah without my permission, and no female chaperone.( I was too concerned about the baby, so I let that pass)  Well I was nervous all week by what he had mentioned and once the ultrasound was done he was like the pregnancy is not going how we like it, get dressed and meet us in my office. I went in and was given two options, miscarry at home or get a D&C. Then he said there had been a heartbeat of 43 bpm the previous week. When he had told me there had been no heartbeat. So in a sense I mistrusted him and seeked a second opinion. The second US was done on Feb 10. Then the second opinion was on Feb 12. I was told there was a fetal pole and a yolk sac that looked healthy, still no heartbeat, but that the baby measured six weeks. Which at that time since my LMP was supposed to be 8 weeks 1 day, but since ovulation starts two weeks after period, we thought it was normal. Yesterday I had some brown spotting, went into the ER. They didn't even see a baby this time. So today I woke up with cramping and bleeding with clots. I am describing this to help other women on what to expect during miscarriage. The pain has subsided after 8 hours. At first I did feel nauseous. The clots seem just to slide out. Is before you pass them that you feel the cramping. I guess the first Dr. knew what he was talking about I received several calls to schedule a D&C but I still had some hope because I had had no bleeding or bad cramps for almost 11 days since the ultrasound that the Dr. confirmed the baby was dead. I also felt upset because he told me the news and just let me go all distraught and in shock. I had to call my husband at work to come pick me up. So he was right but I felt he needed to be more truthful at the beginning and then the second time to make sure someone could pick me up. Anyways I am having the miscarriage today. Since I knew this probably was going to happen I am not as shocked as before when I was told this could happen. I got the Rhogam shot yesterday since I am Rh-. I have never been pregnant before so I am scared that my next pregnancies will be complicated by my RH- status.

Update:

I started cramping again around 9:30 pm on sunday Feb 22. I rubbed some theragesic on my back and tummy and took tylenol. Yeah, even with the tylenol I felt the pains. At 5:00am I woke up went to the restroom and something grayish came out. I collected it since it looked different from the rest of the stuff. I don't see the baby but it feels kind of bumpy in some places. Most likely is in there but I really haven't had the courage (or the stomach) to really search. All I can say it ***** big time.

My husband and I married in april 2002. I was 20 and he had just turned 22 on april 4. We stopped using birth control since sep 2004. He is in the military and he had gone a couple of times to Iraq. In april 2007 I had the surgery to remove the polyp from my uterus. I was 25. and he was 26. Finally a year and 8 months later we became pregnant naturally. And this happened. First pregnancy and I lost it. Worst I am Rh negative and although I had the rhogam on saturday, who knows what the future holds.  We really wanted this baby. Even if it died being an embryo it was a baby to us.

I wrote this to explain what to expect during miscarriage. I was not explained. I was told just blood clots and that I would not see arms and legs or head. Well I did not see that but the grayish thing... the doctor didn't tell me. I had read from another post. I don't see many posts explaining this, so I went ahead and added my story for info.

Cristina
I found out I miscarried almost three weeks ago. My levels were only at 32 at six weeks. I bled for 5 days. Then my husband and I had unprotected sex after that. I took another pregnancy test a few days after miscarriage and it was negative, so I know my levels went down, which was good. All my pregnancy symptoms went away within a matter of like a day. I just started yesterday having pregnancy symptoms again. Is it possible I could be pregnant again? I don't know if it is too early to take a test or not because I don't know when I ovulated (or still need to ovulate) everything is so confusing after a miscarriage. any help??
I have been pregnant 6 times with 1 healthy 5 1/2 year old. 2 Tubal pregancies and 3 miscarriages. I have read everyones stories....and I sympathize with everyone!!  I just had miscarriage#3. Wasn't sure I was pregnant.  I took a test in early Feb neg.  The 9th I spotted thought nothing thought this was just a late light period......okay..... 2/17 My boobs were in extreme PREGNANT pain...a little confused with my body signals..made a DR. appt for the 25th(today) . So when I left work on the 17th I took a test it was positive that night I started spotting.  Being that I am a VETERAN of M/C's I automatically knew what was taking place.   Around midnight I passed the Greyblod clot bag ( my baby) not just a sack to me!!  Called the DR. 18th told her about everything went in....negative test there.....So DR orders blood to confirm what I said...blood comes back 19th positive but only 36....She states your in the process of losing it. Took blood again on the 20th confirmed MC.....DAMN!!  .I had a complete MC meaning no need for D&C. Sometimes  (d&C) can be more harm than good for you..my DR said last time..They weaken your cervix.   So I am trying to figure out what is causing this..chromosonal abnormalities .vitamin deficiency or estrogen/progestrone levels not where they need to be.  I am going to the DR today to try and get an insite on my problem..   Obviously, conception isn't the issue.......Keeping the baby implanted is.  So everyone stay positive and be strong in believing that things happen for a reason and GOD doesn't make mistakes.   I want another baby.   I am asking today how soon can I begin trying....I will update tomorrow.
My first pregnancy ended at  5 1/2 weeks (June 1990).   My doctor perfomed an endometrial biopsy about 6 weeks later to find out why I miscarried and discovered low progesterone.  I asked if it's possible I am pregnant again and if this biopsy will mess things up.  He said that I was probably not pregnant so quickly after a miscarriage... A few weeks later, I discovered that I was!  He prescribed progesterone and thank G-d, I gave birth the following May.

Good luck to you!

P.S.  I just had another miscarriage last week after 10 + years of infertility (got pregnant during first cycly with acupunture!)  I hope I am blessed with a repeat miracle... pregnant again soon and healthy full term baby.
I found out that I AM indeed pregnant!! YAY! It is so exciting. I feel better about this pregnancy and so far, so good. Wish me luck!

P.S. thank you wish4miracle for your story! and good luck to you!

You are right they dont explain anything, i had a miscarriage last week and tryly speaking i saw my baby passsed out although i was only 8 weeks pregnant but i saw that after passing out two or three big tissues somewhat light brown color i passed out something pea size and color and then a smal bubble which had something inside and it was so clear i can never forget that....that was i baby...i dont know what they say that it isnt the baby but eggs or God know what....but i saw that it was my baby ...ofcourse not fully developed but very obvious...
This was one of the worst experiences of my life....
I just want to say that everyone had opened my eyes and gave good advice i really appreciate everyone on this site.

I also have my story i just miscarried and had a d&c on march 17th 2009 i was 13 weeks and im 24 years old this was my first pergnancy ever. Me and my fiance was so excited we found out at 5 weeks that we were pregnant. we never tried to get pregnant but being pregnant was the best thing that had happened to me i was so ready to become a mother. On march 16th i felt pain in my stomach it was life cramping but no blood. And we were on the road to N.C. we leave in M.D. so it was a 4 hour drive. Throughout the last 2 hours is when the pain started. When we arrived in NC which was like 2:30 in the morning i went to the bathroom and wiped and saw blood. So we went to the ER, they gave me a pelvic exam to see if my cervix was closed or open it was closed so they couldnt tell if i was miscarring or not. They than gave me a sonogram and didnt see my baby so they gave me a vaginal sonogram and from there they knew the baby had no heartbeat. My last sonogram was at 12 weeks and there was a heartbeat now at 13 weeks and 5 days there is no heart beat i broke down. That was the most devastating news ever. But they let us leave not once did they mention a d&c they just said i will miscarring within the next 48 hours. So we left and got back on the road to come home because i could not stay around his family feeling so weak. I cried and cried the pain i was feeling was like someone took my heart out. We drove for about 40 min until i couldnt take it nomore so we stopped and got a hotel room somewhere in VA. I went to the bathroom and there was blood everywhere it was gallons and gallons of blood, tissue, & clots so my fiance tried to clean me up and take me to the ER again, but mind you we dont know where we are so we call 911. By this time it was like i was having contractions i never been pregnant or felt contractions but whateva i was feeling had to be them and they were like 5 mins apart. ill be fine and than 5mins later im crying kicking screaming doing anything. I get to the ER in this little *** country town and they say there is only one doctor there and she's doin a c-section. So im just sitting here in pain they couldnt even give me pain meds with out the doctor saying so. The pain was unbarable and i was still bledding all over myself. Its been almost 2 1/2 hours and the doctor finally comes just to say im going to have to have a d&c. So they gave me meds to take away the pain of the contractions which the doctor said it was like labor since my cervix never opened up my body was trying so hard to miscarrying. But i had the D&C and after that i felt so much better. I never want to go through that pain again. I know me and my fiance didnt try to get pregnant but now its like we are missing that special someone that was living inside of me for 3 months and 5 days. We are going to try again in about 2months we just want everything to go right. I just wanted to share this story because miscarring was the last thing on my mind. & that **** hurt like hell.

Oh and i havent bleed after the d&c but that same day...it also havent even been a week yet so who no's what will happen....thanks again for reading my story.

PS
(Sorry about the grammar) not time to go back
I FORGOT MY FIANCE ALSO SAW THE BABY HE SAID IT LOOKED LIKE A LITTLE CHICKEN TENDER WITH LEGS AND ARMS. IM GLAD HE DIDNT SHOW ME HE SAID IT CAME OUT RIGHT BEFORE I WENT BACK FOR THE D&C. BY THAT TIME I WAS SO HIGH FROM THE DRUGS I WOULDNT HAVE SAW HIM OR HER ANYWAY.
I found out I miscarried a week ago and reading yr story has really helped me to try again and trust in God. Congrats too by the way and hope it all goes well!
i am 22 years old with one happy healthy boy who is 3 .this past saturday before easter i misscaried  and passed  the baby (my second pg) and now my levels on thursday where down to 25hcg  i was wondering what is the soonest  you can get pg after misscarage? cause my husband and i have been having unprotected sex now and i am crossing my fingers thanks
ok so when i had to have a D&C the doctor told me that i could get pregnante the next day. but to wait because i would have more of a risk of having another problem with my pregnancy. so you could get pregnante really fast after having a misscariage. but i would wait a while just to be safe! hope that helps
Dear All,

I am so so sorry about all your miscarriages, I too have had my first miscarriage this week, and I can empathise with you all.

I've been with my partner almost 8 years and we have no children as yet. We weren't trying for a baby, and during March this year, I started to have symptoms associated with pregnancy (but thought I was due for a period).

My breasts were very sore and tender, more so than normal prior to periods; I felt tired all the time and my clothes were becoming a little too tight!  I had little twinges in my stomach and I really was just waiting for my period to arrive, I didn't think for a minute I was pregnant, and then, about three weeks ago (April) I said to my partner I think we need to test if I am pregnant as I was very late for my period now.

We were quite excited at the thought that I may be pregnant. And then, I started 'spotting'.  

The spotting was quite brownish in colour, and the tampons I was using weren't that saturated either. This lasted for a few days.

And then, last Sunday (days after my spotting) I woke up to find I was bleeding quite heavily, and clotting.  This lasted for about four days. I instinctively knew I was miscarrying and that this was not a normal period and that I had already missed about two periods anyway.  By the Wednesday, I was working. I got up from the chair and felt fluid trickling down my leg, I didn't need a wee or anything and I also started to feel slight cramping in my stomach and when I went to the toilet, a large greyish clot came out, about the size of a ping pong ball.  There was no blood stains down my legs, and I had a feeling that this may have been the amnionic fluid (water breaking).  

I continued to bleed heavy, and by Thursday evening I called my local hospital for advice.  The operator I spoke to told me to call the main NHS line, but then asked me if I had had an injury of some sort. When I told her that I thought I was miscarrying, she put me through to the maternity ward immediately.  The nurse I spoke to was lovely, she urged me to get myself off the Accident and Emergency Dept asap if anything, to comfirm what is wrong.

And so off to A&E, I was given my first pregnancy test, which confirmed I was pregnant.  Myself and my partner were so happy but sad at the same time that I could of lost. I was told to return for a scan the next morning, which confirmed no visible pregancy, and I had a blood test which was 410 hCG (pregnancy hormone). The doctor said that this level is not high nor is it low and that I need to return in 48 hours to check the levels again which would determine whether or not a pregnancy was continuing.  I returned 48 hours later and my hCG Level was 194. This confirms that my pregnancy was not continuing and I was not at risk of Ectopic. I had indeed miscarried.

I don't keep records of my periods, but I will do in future. I couldn't remember when my last period was in Feb, so I could of been anything between 9-12 weeks pregnant when I miscarried.

I was would advise everyone who is concerned that they may be miscarrying to attend their local hospital asap to get checked out in case of Ectopic.

Also, if you know you have had a miscarriage, a pregnancy test will still confirm positive days or even weeks after until the pregnancy hormone hCG is at ZERO.  

I have been advised not to start trying for a baby until my body gets back to normal and after at least two menstral cycles (periods). This gives your body time to heal and to build on the Enodmetrium lining, an important lining which supports the growth and provides nutirients via the placenta of a new baby in the Uterus (womb).

If you have had one or more miscarriages, get your hormones checked out. Oestrogen and Progesterone. These hormones play an important part in maintaining a pregnancy - if tests confirm low progesterone, the doctor may be able to supply progesterone supplies to help support a new pregnancy.

Other factors to be considered is DIET.  Important vitimins such as Folic Acid (up to 400mg); and IRON taken daily a few months prior to pregnancy and during preganancy can prevent abnormailities such as spine bifida and other complications.  There are pre-conception vitimins available at the local chemist but not to be taken instead of fresh fruit and vegetables but as well as, and also drinking plenty of water is also important.

Coffee; chocolate and smoking are a no no if you are trying for a baby.

I intend to keep a record of my periods now; and I also know how to check when I am ovulating. Bearing in mind that every woman is different, women can get signs of ovulation one or two weeks prior to a period.  Signs such as sore breasts, twinges in the left or right ovary, and discharge.  These signs can last up to 4-5 days, but an egg can only live inside your Uterus (womb) for up to 24 hours to be fertilised by sperm before the egg dies and then the period begins.

There are lots of sites on the internet that can calculate when you are likely to ovulate - all you have to do is type in when your last period was and then lots of ovulation dates come up!!  

Have fun trying for a baby - this is so important - miscarriages are painful experiences but remember a woman has thousands of eggs and from my painful experience I intend to turn this into positive and to try and have fun trying for a baby.

By the way - sexual positions are important too!!  Missionary (man on top) and a woman on all fours with the man entering from behind.  This allows deeper penetration and the sperm doesn't have to swim against gravity and the penis is a lot closer to the Uterin wall.  Also, after making love, some woman lift their legs in the air and cycle for up to ten minutes to assist the sperm to swim to the egg!!  Remember - making love every day during ovulation will higher chances of pregnancy.

Love to you all and good luck,
Much warmth,
Claire
Absolutely, you can get pregnant right away after a miscarriage. Your body recognizes you are no longer pregnant and sometimes gets immediately back to work by ovulating. After delivering a full-term pregnancy, the most fertile time is the first three months, and that also applies to miscarriage.
I am very sorry to hear about your history with pregnancy. I was wondering, have you or your husband been blood-typed? If your blood type is negative, (Rh-, like A- etc.) and his is not, your fetus may be treated as a foreign body, causing your body to reject it. Additionally, if this was the case, or you miscarried for some other reason the first time, and you are Rh- and you did not receive a shot called Rogam afterwards, your body may reject all future pregnancies.
I hope this is not your case, but you should strongly consider it if you are of a negative blood type.
Good luck and I am so sorry again... stay patient and do your research, you will be successful when the time is right. Life isn't always as we plan!!!
i had a D&C last march 28. after a day the bleeding stoped. but on april 1, i bleed again just like having my period. it lasted for almost a week. we had an intercourse last april 4. i take contaceptive pill last april 5. on april 12, i bleed again just like the first one. it lasted for almost 2weeks. after finishing the contraceptive pill for 21 days, i take again after seven days, and that is last may1. we had an intercourse last may2 or 3. we had an intercourse again last may6 and 7. upto this date i still don't have my period yet. am i preagnant? or its just the effect of the contraceptive pill? i need ur reply. tnx.
i suffered a miscarriage on wednesday this is my eighth but in between losing those i have had 3 beautiful children so it does happen never lose hope im away to try again in the next few weeks as that is what i have always done after a miscarriage
I suffered my first miscarriage on Sept 26th, 2009. Thank you all for your stories, it's nice to read about others who know what I'm going through. My husband and I tried for almost a year before finding out that we were pregnant (2nd pregnancy, first ended with our son being born June 04) on Sept 20th/09. The next day the 21st we had an u/s only to learn that the baby had no heartbeat, they told me I could wait to have it happen naturally or have the D&C. I chose naturally, the resident doctor I had didn't prepare me very well for what was to happen, it was the worst experience of my life. I'd love to try again but at this point I'm having mixed feelings, my husband wants to start trying now (it's been 4 weeks), is that too soon? The obgyn said I could start trying now but she was horrible to me and I'm not sure I really trust her opinion
That sounds terrible, you are so brave, I don't think I could have done that. If you dont trust you OB?GYN then you should find a new one and get a second opinion. Overall you have to be comfortable with that person. But to you think maybe part of the reason you dont like her answer might have something to do with the fact that maybe deep down your scared its going to happen again and as long as you aren't allowed to try, you cant get pregnant? I don't know, but I think I would just be scared to try. I had my first pregnancy and my first miscarriage August 29th. I only knew I was pregnant for four days, but it still was impossibly hard, it still is. August 31st was our one year aniversary. It was soo not how a first anniversary is supposed to be. I am only 21 and my husband is 23, we've been together for three years, and we want a baby soooo badly. At least on the bright side, I know I can conceive. And now I feel completely lost, it's been two months and we haven't been actively trying, were just kind of getting on with our lives. Sex as usual. But I haven't been keeping track of my periods and I haven't gone back on my birth control since the miscarriage and now I don't know if I'm pregnant or not. I had a period last month I know, I just don't remember when. I knew when I was ovulating this month and we happened to have sex quite a few times during that time...unprotected. I don't know, I'm just scared.
My boyfriend and i found out that we were 6 weeks pregnant...I was sooo happy...about a week after we found out that we were pregnant, i started having a brown discharge, that was on Thursday...On Friday, i went to my doctor and he did a blood test and an U/S...The U/S showed nothing, than about an hour after he did the U/S, i started having some bright red blood...I called my doctor and he said it could be normal because he was poking and prodding up there...Well on Saturday, i started cramping extremely bad and the bleeding got heavier...I went to the emergency room and they gave me some medicine for the cramps...The er doctor checked my cervix and it was still closed at that time...Well Sunday came, and the cramps were just unbearable, and the bleeding was so heavy i was soaking 4 pads a day.  I passed some clots, and i passed my baby..When they checked my cervix again on sunday, it was open...Well on Monday, i woke up and noticed that my whole abdomen was black...( oh was i ever so scared)...So my boyfriend rushed me back to the hospital, they couldn't figure out why my stomach was black and to this day, we don't know why either...I have two other kids, and both those pregnancies were healthy babies...Not one complication...I know you want another baby to fill that void, but my honest opinion is to just wait a few months that way your body can heal, and that way you have time to heal mentally as well...  Also, before you try conceiving again, take some folic acid a few months before and get that built up into your system...I wish you all the best of luck...Me and my boyfriend are going to start trying again in a few weeks...wish us luck...
Thank you both, I think your right about me being scared. I know that I am. A part of me is ready to try again but a bigger part of me is definitely scared this is going to happen again and I think that I'm going to wait. I need some more time to deal with this. As for brave, I don't know about that, it was more that I was hoping they were wrong about the baby having no heart beat on the one hand and on the other hand I just couldn't bare to let them take my baby. Also I'm on the prenatal vitamin, my doctor recommended I continue taking it while healing from the miscarriage and to continue taking it up to getting pregnant again so it's in my system and continuing once pregnant.
I wish you both all the luck in trying again!!
It's so helpful to knwo that there are so many
people who have gone through the same thing.
My husband and I would love to try again, but we
aren't in the best position to have a baby. We're
living with my grandmother because as she gets older
she needs more help. So we don't really have the space
for a baby. I'm afraid that I might sabatoge us, I
don't want to. But that tug for a baby is there soo
badly.I keep trying to convince myself that now
would be a good time. I don't know, my mother thinks
I'm pregnant because I've been peeing a ton lately.
I don't know if that can be considered a symptom.
Did anyone else pee a lot in the really early days?
I had a miscarriage at 6 and a half weeks on August 28,2009. I just took a pregnancy test last night and just found out that I am pregnant again. Neither of these pregnancies were planned but were welcomed. I drank about 4 drinks the other night, two days before I took the test and am now overwhelmed with fear that it will happen again. I know that I can have children because my son is 6 years old.
  With my first pregnancy everything went great. I had a lot of morning sickness but never had any pain. With the last pregnancy I had a pain in my left rib but wasn't too worried about it. Now I have that pain again and am worried that I will have a miscarriage again. I haven't even gone to the doctor to get the blood pregnancy test but I know that I am pregnant. I'm probably around 3-5 weeks. My last period was on October 28, so anytime from there to last week.
  Does anyone have any advice that will help me stop worrying constantly. I am afraid to do everything including getting up. I just found out that I was pregnant yesterday and I have decided to put myself on bed rest.
  I know if it's going to happen there is nothing I can really do about but I'm not totally convinced of it. I am a smoker who is now trying to quit again but it will take me a few weeks to do so. If I miscarry again, I will blame myself again for smoking and drinking those 4 drinks the other night. Please help, I'm in panic mode and feel like I'm going insane!
I MISCARRIED  I WAS PREGNANT FROM FEB AND DID NOT KNOW I WAS SPOTTING BUT THOUGHT NOTHING OF IT UNTIL I STARTED TO FEEL PAIN MY BOYFRIEND TOOK ME TO THE DOCTOR WERE I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AT THE SAME TIME I LOST IT AM SO SAD I BLAME MY SELF FOR WHAT HAPPEN BECAUSE IF I WAS PAYING ATTENTION I WOULD HAVE SEEING THAT MY BODY WAS CHANGING I CRY A LOT BECAUSE HE WANTED THIS CHILD SO MUCH ,WE HAVE BEING TRY SO LONG AND FINALLY AND THEN THIS AM SO ANGRY WITH GOD RIGHT NOW.
DON'T THINK LIKE THAT I JUST HAD A MISCARRIAGE 24,MARCH I WAS 8 WEEKS AND THERE IS ALWAYS A REASON FOR WHAT HAPPENS I HAVE 2 KIDS 10 AND 16 THIS WAS GOING TO BE MY 3RD BUT GOD DID NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN SO I ACCEPTED IT.DON'T GET ME WRONG I WAS GOING INTO DEPRESION BUT THAT REALLY WAS AFFECTING MY FAMILY.I AM NOW TRYING AGAIN.KEEP POSITIVE AND JUST TRY AGAIN GOD WILL DECIED IF WE ARE READY.PREY FOR STRANGTH THATS WHAT I DID.
had a d&c on the 7th april after missed miscarrige had bleeding and spotting first few days then after 9 days started with brown discharge is this normal? me and my husband want to try again asap and this discharge is worrying me
Hi all, these story's are very hopeful, I also had a m/c at 5 1/2 wks, for some reason i never believed i was pregnant even thou 3 tests came back positive a week after finding out i was pregnant. i had one test left over and for some reason  i decided to take my last test to my shock this was negative, first thought was that this must be a dudd test and went a brought some more tests, again these came back negative,The next day  i phoned the doctor who told me to wait one week and do another test. I didn't have too  1 hour later i started to bleed lightly followed by heavier bleeding. This continued for 5 days  and i have now stopped bleeding, i think i have had a complete miscarriage so will start trying right away.
Hi GAYLE12 everthing happen for a reason dont blame God dont be angry with him, He will never give you a child and take it away from you with out a raeson, but he wont come to u iether and tell you why this happened to you, it doc they can do nothing on your frst three months to prevent m/c. only god can prevent it yeah i know its painfull i've been there but have faith in God he is the provider, just pray for another and pray that he must forgive you and give another child
At 19 yrs old and already had an ectopic last july 09, my faith in having a child had dropped after losing my left tube.
Altho the heart break I had endevoured I still believed it was a blessing in disguise as me and my ex wasnt strong enough to stay together through it and after.
Now with my current partner, I couldnt have wished for anything better than to find out I was 6 weeks 5days pregnant.
Having taken my history into consideration I had an early scan only to find out the Fetus stopped growing at 4weeks.
Considering I'd had no pain nor bleeding it was a total shock.
That night I got home and was bleeding lightly, a few sleepless nights full of pain and heart ache the miscarriage is coming out the natural way.
I know its not clever and shouldnt have happend but mine and my partners way of grieving was showing eachother love and support.
We had sexual intercourse  four days later,  we didnt use protection and ive just started to bleed again.
Am I at risk of falling pregnant, and most important of all how likely is it of me getting infection.
Your help is appreciated.
hello to all and my deepest condolences to all of you whom may have angel babies. well to get started, on july 25,2010 i found that i was preggo(by a trip to the e.r.), instently i was filled with loads of emotion,,i wanted to know if the baby was ok because i really had no clue that i was pregnant until that day. but over all i was happy because it will always be my dream to be a mommy,,well aug 3rd would have been my first app,,but the sunday before that i started experiencing a little back pain and with my little knowledgeof pregnancies and what u are going to experience,,i realied on the woman around me for info,,well i was told it was normal to have a little back pain and a little spotting in the first trimester. So with that i thought i was fine,,well later that day i took a tinkle break to the restroom,,and when i wiped i found a little blood not much but enough to know it was blood..it continued into the night,,and the next morning i quickly called my o.b. and explained what was going on,,well they asked me to come in and when i got there they swifted me to the back and did a pregnancy test,,when i asked if it was still positive i was told yes i was definitely preggo,, so to see if the baby was fine they did an u/s but could not see the sack i was also told that i was 6wks and 4dys but my dates probably were of and it may have been too early..so they sent me to the lab to do blood work to test my hcg levels and still to this day i dont know the results of the tests but later that day i returned home to only pass a greyish,,slightly blueish sack and clot,,my heart hit the floor and i tried not to think of it as my precious one that i was so eager to know but after rushing me back to the e.r. and after 4 hrs of some tolerible but bad back pain and lots more bleeding,,doing blood work and being hooked up to an i.v.,,the dr. came back and with little remorse told me and my lovely boyfriend that the pregnancy was terminated.. thats when the look of confusion and wanting to know what could have happen so quickly,,really set in. He then started to say,"well it wasnt really a baby to begin with and it would have never been a baby at all, your body recognized that it was a bad pregnancy and ridded your body of it......",,but what he didnt realize was that from the moment i found out that i was pregnant i began to form a bond with something that me and my boyfriend created and that stood for the love that we have for each other and that was apart of the both of us,,it may not have been a baby to him or to what he was taught but to me and to my heart it was my baby,,my angel,,some one that i had began to love like if it was a fully developed baby. I got out of the hospital and began to walk to the car and thats when it set in,,my little angel that had managed to step in to our lives at what couldnt have been a more perfect time,,had left me and gone back to heaven,,i was devistated and cried my self to sleep many nights after that. My D&C took place aug 3rd and everything went smoothly,,and i went from still have some pg symptoms right before i had the procedure done,,to not having any by the time i made home 1 hour after having the procedure. It is now 4 wks later and i didnt wait like i was told i immidiately started trying again literaly the day after my D&C,,and am feeling pg again,,im impatient at finding out if i am but to save myself the heartache i will wait to find out..I dont regret not waiting because it was something that i decided to do myself and with my dr.s permission,,now im just waiting to confirm that Jesus gave me a little of HIS baby dust,, thanks a million for all of your inspiring stories,, i say if you have gone thru a miscarriage and u feel that you are ready to try right away,, then go ahead,,your body knows if you can handle another pregnancy so soon and if its meant to be then TRUST it will happen,,believe in God and all his works and he will give you your hearts desire,,and im praying that he gave me mine again so wish me luck and again thanks and i will keep in touch!!!!
                                                                                                          Sincerely,
                                                                                                  Baby Cluses' Mommy!!!!
I had a miscarriage at 11 wks in my 2nd pregnancy and ended up having a D&C On March 30, 2006. Was told to wait for a normal period before TTC again. Felt unwell over the next couple of weeks - BD only twice in the month but when I was having increasing nausea again I did a HPT and was it was positive. I never had a period and had no idea when I ovulated but I was pregnant less than a month later and my daughter was born safe and healthy the following January.
I had a miscarriage August 23,2010. I was 6 weeks pregnant. I miscarried one week after finding out I was pregnant. It was my first pregnancy and we were devastated to find out I lost the baby. I still haven't had my Period yet. My husband and I had intercourse a week after I lost the baby and then again 2 weeks after I lost the baby. And we haven't since because it hurts to bad. My breast are sore all over again. And my lower abdomen is swollen again. Could I possibly be pregnant again? I am worried about it, i'm just scared that I might have to go through the pain all over again, of having a miscarriage. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
did you get pregnant again after your missicarriage how soon
im 19 years old i just had a d&c procedure done i was twelve weeks along with twins. it was my first pregnancy and me and my husband would like to try again that was a month ago is it safe to try again and if we do is it likely that i will have to go through this again
I had a d&c on  oct.12 and then again on oct 19th because they didnt get the whole thing out, me and my husband want to try again and it's only been a week. how long should we wait until we try again? and what are the chances of making the pregnancy?
What if I had a miscarriage but didn't have to get a D&C do we still need to wait till the next cycle. How soon is your body able to get pregnant? When does your body start ovulating?
hello i am 20 years old nd have a 3 year old son.i had jus lost my baby 3 weeks ago.(misscarried)i was 11 weeks.this is considered my 2nd pregnancy.i had my son when i was 16 years old.i never ina million years thought i could or would miscarried since my son was completey healthy thank god!!but it can happend to anyone.ive been with my highschool sweetheart since 2005.this was one of the hardest things we have ever been through.it was so devastating!!we have been wanting another baby for 1 year now.i found out on march 7th,2011 that my baby had no heartbeat.i had a d&c done on march 8th,2011.my sons bday is march 10th,2008!!yea i know right it jus all happend at the perfect time!!its been 2 weeks and there is not a day that goes by that i dont think of my baby.o yea for the record it was a boy so we would of had a 2nd son!!=) idk when to have sex again im sooo tender nd jus scared and worried if i do happened to get pregnant again will i misscarry a 2nd time or will i give birth to  a healthy baby...?i do alot of research nd try to get as much info possible.
i found out i was pregnant feb 10th 2011 on my bf birthday and lost the baby on my birthday march 28th and had a d&c 2 days later. its been 3 weeks since than and me and him just broke up 2 days ago and i took a pregnancy tonight it was positive but going to take another 1 in the morning just incase. any advice?
the miscarriage was due to the placenta not growing the baby grew since the sonogram i had when i was 7 weeks and 2 days but they told me it has been dead for at least a week and 2 days due to the placenta.
I had a d&c and had sex 3 days later as   my doc did not tell me to stay away from sex and I started bleeding,bleeding mixture of water and blood. Please will this affect my womb or getting pregnant in future? Pls help
I had a D&C yesterday and  my Dr told us just to wait a week to have sex. But I am having a lab of tests run on me so don't try to get pregnant but don't worry about preventing. This is my second mc. He told us that as soon as my hormones get back to zero we can try again but he wants to take blood first is all. if your lining is inadequate your egg won't attach, and you'll never know you were pregnant. And the uterine lining regenerates SO fast. A woman can have a miscarriage every single month and not even know it..so I wouldn't worry too much. Just wait until you feel your body is ready.
Don't worry about what anyone says. Just do what your doctor tells you. He/she will know best. I had a D&C yesterday with my second miscarriage and was told just to wait a week to have sex so all doctors will tell you differently.
Im new to this...Its sad reading all these stories but it does help alot. I didnt know what to expect after my miscarriage, but reading about everyone elses experiences answered alot of questions. I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago at only 4 weeks. All my preg signs went away after the first couple of days and a week and a half later my hcg levels were back to zero. my miscarriage was natural, no d&c. It happened on june 9th... its now june 29th and my breasts are feeling tender and full again and Im a bit nausous...Is it possible Im pregnant again already???
Well all your stories have helped me a lot. Last Thursday July 14th 2001, I had my first miscarriage. I was suppose to be 12 weeks but I started spotting and called my doctor. When I had my ultrasound the baby measured at 8weeks.
So that is when the pregnancy had stopped. At 6 weeks we saw the heart beat. I am also Diabetic and I think my meds is what caused it. I was taking 500 mg twice a day before I found out I was preg. and then my OB switched it to 1000 mg twice a day. I have a feeling that is what may have caused the miscarriage. Does anyone know if that sounds at all possible. I had to have a D&C and now I am waiting for the time we can start trying again. If we do get preg again I will make sure that I am put on light duty at work for the first trimester because I work in a very physically demanding job in shipping and receiving. Also I will have my doctor take me off of my meds seeing how my sugars have been maintained by diet and he has only been having me take the meds for weight loss. Hope next time that will help me to keep my baby and not to have another miscarriage. If anyone has had to take those meds and has had a full preg and no miscarriage please let me know so I know what my options are.
i am 44 years old ,i just had a d & c done on 07/22/11 i was 10wks pregnant and i saw my baby's heart beat at 6wks 3 days ,when i went back for my regular check up at 10wks the doctor told me there was not heart beat and that my baby stop growing at 9wks,i am devastated,i was told that it could of happened because of my age,i am desperately want another baby,i was told to wait 3 months before trying again and i dont think i could wait that long,i do not want to be close to 46 before i have it,can you tell me how soon can i try again to get pregnant? i have 2 children a 20year old from my previous marriage and a 5 year old from my 2nd marriage and he wants another one,please let me know how soon can i try to get pregnant and hopefully wont m/c. it has really helped me all your stories ,it is hard breaking losing a baby,i am really depressed,can anyone tell me if they have gone thru what i have gone thru at my age?
As upsetting as it is to hear the things some of you have been through, its nice to know that I'm not alone, far from it in fact. I had a micarriage one week ago today at 6 weeks 2 days. Myself and my husband were/are devasted. As it was a natural miscarriage with no dc, we have started to try again and I really hope we get pregnant again soon. Some of your stories have made me feel so much more positive. I think one of the worst things about my experience (aside from the obvious) was the attitudes of the nurses and sonographers that we encountered. After a visit to a&e fearing miscarriage, we were referred to the early pregnancy unit. After waiting for an hour, we were asked questions about why we were there ect before going through to have a u/s scan. The sonographer knew that we were there because we thought we may have miscarried, yet she took ages to tell us either way! She was showing me my uterus, ovaries and bladder (all the while cheerfully telling me everything looked fine!) then when she'd finished she said 'your uterus is empty, but then you suspected miscariage didn't you?!'. I was absolutely disgusted with the lack of empathy and tact shown by the staff. I know they must get used to seeing that kind of thing but they need to be aware that we, as parents-to-be may not be used to dealing with loss in that way. They were so blunt and matter-of-fact. I know they would have to become de-sensitised to these things to a certain extent - for their own sanity - but if they can't show some compassion and empathy they should not work in that sort of role.
It is comforting to know that others understand the devastating sense of loss that you feel after a miscarriage, and as I've said, I am so sorry to hear all of the terrible things some of you have been through and I hope that you all go on to have happy, healthy future pregnancies.
Love, luck and best wishes to you all
xXx
I had a miscariage 2 weeks ago. we waited till it was 2 weeks exactly to have sex. is that to soon to try and get pregnant again?
Hi everyone, I never go on these sort of things but Im currently having a miscarriage and my husband is working away and I feel so alone and Im so depressed. However,  reading through some of your comments is helping me to grieve and realise it is not just me  that has suffered/suffering and its helping me to find hope.  I just feel a failure. I am so sorry for all of our losses We have been trying for a baby for years,  we were about to start a fertility drug, and a lap op confirmed I only have one functioning tube too :-( Im 33 years old neither of us have been blessed with a child yet so to find out we were pregnant and that we conceived naturally was so exciting we were so happy. Sadly,  I started to bleed lightly on Wednesday evening I tried to remain postitive but in my heart I knew I was mis carring I only had tender breasts  but i had no other signs i just didnt feel pregnant.  An ultrasound on Friday confirmed i was approaching my 9th week but my baby had stopped growing at nearly 6 weeks. The nurse said that i would probably naturally lose my baby but to return in a weeks time just to check it has all passed. My husband is away and I am devestated that i have had to do this on my own.  I  have now passed what looks like the sac a couple of hours ago. ( sunday) That was quite painful and now im heavily bleeding, not sure how long it will last, in a way im relieved and i can have closure, its a Roller coaster of emotions.  ANyway This is my story that i wanted to share with you? My husband returns home on the 11th October, in  about 3 weeks.  Just want feedback really.  Have girls fallen pregnant about 3 weeks after a miscarriage? Are you counting from first day of bleeding or when you have stopped bleeding.  I suppose everyone is different but i just want to hear your experiences and my problem is he is only back for 3 weeks then off again for 6 weeks.:-( Thank you xxx
Hi sorry for you loss :-( I have posted my story on here and was wondering the same , i want to start trying as soon as I can but hubby wont be home for 3 How have you got on? Any signs of pregnancy yet? xxxx
iv just recently miscarried for the 3rd time. i had a miscarriage in 2002 at 11 weeks went on to have a normal birth (baby boy) in 2004 had another normal birth (boy) in 2006 fell pregnant straight away got to 34 weeks in oct 2007 and found out the baby had died so had to have a still birth fell preg again in the feb 2008 had another miscarriage at 6weeks so me and my husband give up trying but then decided early this year we wanted another so tried for 6months finally fell preg in july i got to 5 weeks and i started bleeding aug 22nd 2011 went to hospital for scan and found out i had miscarried i was put through days of what they call medical management of miscarriage to let it just come away it self as they dont do d&c anymore hardly but after 4weeks of goin thru hell i went for final scan last week and the baby was still their so they took me down for a d&c on tue 20th sept 2011, i was then told the docs would prefer me to wait till my next cycle to try again and the only reason for that is so they can date the time of falling preg but the nurse told me that after a d&c i am very very fertile because the lining isnt thier so i could quite possibly fall preg straight away, which me and my husband had sex the nite after having d&c(wed) and then again 2 nites after(fri) so we will see what happens. good luck
I was a 11 week in found out i was have a m/c because i with to the er. that monday i with to the ob/gyn doctor see told me to wait until about a year. But i'm gone to try in six month. God bless everybody you had a m/c because when it your time you will now. Good luck to the women you is try now and the future.
On September 20th I woke to find that I was having a miscarriage, and I was having bad cramping the night before. This would have been my first baby so I didn't know what to expect, and my mom said she had cramping in all her pregnancies. I went to my first appointment back home in MI and learned that I was 6 weeks. I had an ultrasound, it was one of the best moments of my life. They prescribed me prenatals there as well. My husband is in the military and were stationed in GA, where I was going to make further appointments during my pregnancy. It took almost to get into a doctors office but I made one anyway. I ended up having to cancel that appointment due to an emergency so it took that much longer to get into a OBGYN. By the time I was right around 12 weeks, and 3 days away from my first appointment here in GA I miscarried, and I have been heart broken and whats worse is I have no family or friends here because I don't know anyone. The doctors eventually told me that the reason most likely why I miscarried is because I am RH factored. It was hard to hear that because you know and feel that it could have been prevented so all I do is blame myself. I never could have imagined that this would happen and when it did all I could do is be angry at myself and at God. Its just hard and I feel so empty. The doctor told me to wait 3 months before trying again but I just feel that I can't accept that. I want one now but were not tryng just yet, but its always in the back of my mind. So what I am asking is there anyone else with an opinion to when is the earliest we can try to conceive again?
hey im so sorry to hear what you have been through. i too had an early miscarriage and had to have a D&C operation but fell pregnant again after just one period :) i dont really have any tips other than to just try and stay relaxed and enjoy the baby making bit ;) whenever you feel the need just have fun and enjoy yourselves thats what me and my fiance did. dont think of it as 'trying for a baby' as you could end up stressing out over it. and take folic acid if you arnt already. i wish you and your husbabd all the luck in the world and my fingers are crossed for you xx
im sorry to hear this. as long as all bleeding has stopped and everything is passed it should be ok to try again. after my D&C my partner and i tried after 4 weeks which was the advised length of time. good luck to you both xx
I found out that I was pregnant on Aug. 27 2011 that was our first one. We were so excited I then started spotting it wasn't much but just enough to know that it was blood and that was a Tuesday night I then went to the e.r that night to check everything out they tested my hcg level an it was only at 287 and I was 5 weeks along so they then wanted me to go check again that week so I went in on Friday and my hcg level only rose to 384 and that's when I realized something wasn't right they told me that everything looked ok besides my hcg levels so they then wanted me to go back in on the following Monday so I did and t rose to 425 and I asked them what that means and they said inwould probably end up miscarrying which I did when I was about 7 weeks. They told me that I could start trying again right away and I didn't have to have a d&c because everything came out like it was suppose to. I lost it sep 27 that was the day I stopped bleeding and havnt had my period yet is that a bad thing or how long does it usually take to get ur period when u miscarry cuz it's been almost a month since I've bled last?
i had a miscarriage 2 days ago, and was devastated, i had sarting spotting last sunday and they told me it was normal, well then friday came along and i was bleeding bright red, so i called my o.b and they told me it was normal in early pregnancy and i didnt think so because i never had it with my son whos now 4, and  so i went to the e.r. and they did blood test and my levels dropped from 885 down to 744 and now i will be gettting more blood drawn tomorrow to check to make sure there still dropping. since sunday i was having bad back pain and abdominal pains as well, and i knew it wwas a m.c. they then sent me home with a threatened m/c and about 2 hrs after i got home i miscarried everything, and collected the grey sac (my baby) and went back to the e.r they drew blood again did a pelvic exam and also did 2 ultra sounds and told me i dont need a d&c so  now im just waiting for the bleeding to stop and then i will be trying again. my m/c was due to fetus abnormalites, i go see the o.b on thursday so a few more days and ill see what he has to say...
Don't know if anyone told you this...but it may help. Didn't have time to read all the comments. I too had a miscarriage after being 8 wks and 6 days pregnant. I lost the baby because I needed a shot called RhoGam. If you have a negative blood type and your mate has a positive then you need this shot during every pregnancy or else your blood cell will attack your baby's blood cells killing your baby which will result in a miscarriage.  This is what happened to me.  I did get the shot so if I get pregnant than I will be fine this time. If you fall in this category....that is why you keep losing your baby. Hope this helps. Good Luck next time. I hope for the best.
I had a medicated miscarriage on the 11th of nov, we first went in to have an ultrasound done in the middle of oct, we found out that I was carring twins but the sacs we not in the correct shape and the risk of having the vanishing twin sydrom was high seeing it was extremely early in my pregnancy, also the risk of miscarriage was high as well because of the sac shapes. we went back for my second ultrasound on halloween and was told that one of the twins had vanished and the other baby had aborted itself in the sac and i would miscarry sometime in the near future. he told me my options were waiting it out, medication and go home and do it in the privacy of my own home, or a d&c. I chose to wait two weeks come back for another ultrasound, we get told the same bad news and decided on taking the medication cytotec to have a medicated miscarriage. It was devistating non the least but the doctor said to wait at least three cycles before getting pregnant again because if you do so before your body is ready then your chances of a miscarriageare a lot higher. I have had one live birth back in 2001 and two miscarriages since then. it is tuff to go through this pain, trust me i know.
I'm sorry for your lost. At less you have been able to have a healthly boy. I've had lost 3 babies. this last on was on 3 weeks ago. i was going on 3 months. i didnt want anything but my baby. my husband take it hard as well. we are tryin for another hope we can have this baby life. we also still cry n miss are baby. i might be preagent right now just dont know. im kinda scared with it being so close to the one we just lost. plus with having a D/C its all so close. i guess we will find out monday Nov.20th 2011.
I would have your doctor do testing to see why you have miscarried so many time. My doctor told me once i got pregnant again in a few months, if i miscarried again he would want to do testing to make sure there is nothing wrong with the sperm or eggs. He said after the third time he would consider it a problem.
hi, I had a miscarriage a week ago, I was 5 weeks. This whole experience has been really hard. Growing up the only thing I wanted was to be a mom. My husband and I have been married for a year and half. This was our first pregancy. My doctor told us to wait a couple of months. I have mixed feelings on wether to wait or just live life and go from there. I found out today my best friend is pregnant and Id like to have babies close together. Do i just let go and let God decide whats best for me or step back and wait.
hi! and thank u for taking the time to read this! on nov. 4th i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant. i was so excited this pregnancy got my and my fiance closer together in just 5 days. why do i say 5days?? on nov.8th i woke up and headed to the bathroom. i wiped and say pink i got scared and started crying and i rushed to the hospital. drs did an ultrasound and didn see nothing not even a heard beat so they did a vaginal ultrasound i didnt understand anything they didn tell me anything but go home and rest! that same day i got home and tried to sleep. but i had really bad cramping i rush to the bathroom and i had huge blood clots and a white gray tissue that day i cried myself to sleep...the next day i had a drs apt i gave my dr my paper work from the hospital she explain that they only seen the yog sac & that the egg didn attach no anything it was just there. also my hcg was at 512 when it had to be much higher she recommended to have my hcg check so nov 11th i went back to the drs and she said my hcg had droped to 212 she made me another appt but i couldnt make it. i am trying to get pregnant again and i knoe i can only ovulate ones hcg drops to 5 or less after bleeding stopped we tried again and now im waiting to see if it happen. could i get pregnant this fast?? it is dec 5th i should be getting my period this week and i have a drs appt dec 12!! how does unfertilized egg happen??? how soon can i get pregnant?? how do i really knoe when i ovulate?? help plzz and thank u
everyone is different after a miscarriage. when i had my last obgyn appointment he told me to wait 3 months, but then again he said there was no need to give me birthcontrol to stop it, so we decided that whatever happens happens. the obgyn also said the your period will come back whenever it is ready, not at your cycle day. that is why he wants everyone to wait at the very least until after the first cycle.He said there are high risks for getting pregnant to soon as your body is not prepared to be pregnant so fast again. although your body is made to get pregnant and carry a baby it is not made to do so so fast.
i had a miscarriage 3 days ago i had unprotected sex today can i get pregnant?
i got pregnant in july of 2011. it was a wedding baby. my husband and i were sooo sooo happy. at 16 weeks i went to the ER for severe abdominal pain. come to find out our baby girl had a thanatophoric dysplasia. its a spontaneous disease (not genetic) that happens to 1 in 50,000 pregnancies. 4 days later our babies heart stopped and we had to deliver her. i was able to deliver the placenta avoiding a d&c. it is now 6 weeks later and i had abdominal pain again so a sonogram was done and they found that a piece of the placenta is still in my uterus. i now have to have a d&c next week. we are soo upset because we were just ready to start trying again and now this will prolong it. when will we be able to TTC again?
Hi Girls, so sorry for your loss.  Just read all your comments.  The loss is devestating, I never thought i would react as bad as i did, but it does get easier I promise.  I am now 5 weeks 4 days pregnant again, 2 months after I miscarried, and I only have one working tube!  Everyone is different.  I was not ready to start trying for a few weeks... emotionally.  However I was adviced that there was no reason why you cant start trying straight away, They say to miss at least one cycle thats because its easier for them to work out when you conceived and work out your due date.  Unless you have health issues and specifically been told not to try again there should not be anyone problems! My problem is now that I cant relax and enjoy the pregnancy, we are over the moon of course but the pain of the mis carriage was too much emotionally and pysically and im so paranoid.  Every cramp or twinge i feel i keep rushing to the toilet and have that nightmare of bleeding!I remain postitive but anxious! I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and I hope all your wishes come true.  Things will work out for us all in time.  The key is definitely to relax as I forgot to mention I was referred back to a fertility specialist again, once the appointment was made i must have relaxed? as I conceived again? Good luck to you all.  Keep in touch with your stories.  It helps to talk xxx
im 22 years old.. and i had a m/c on dec.24 and im still bleeding... i want to know how long do i have 2 or should wait to try 2 get prego again??

THE SAD THING ABOUT MY STORY IS I JUST FOUGHT OUT THAT I WAS PREGANT THE BEGIN OF THE MONTH, AFTER FINDING OUT THAT I WAS PREGNANT DO TO A MISSED PERIOD... I WAS SO EXCITED. I WENT TO THIS PLACE WHERE THEY DO FREE PREGNANCY TEST.. AND ULTRASOUNDS.. THEY ASKED ME  I WHEN WAS MY LAST PERIOD AND I TOLD DEM NOV.4TH... SHE PUT IT N HER CHART AND SAID I WAS 5 WEEKS PREGNANT.. I SUBPOST TO HAVE  MY DOC'S APPOINTMENT ON THE DEC.28.. THIS WAS MY 1ST TIME EVER BEGIN PREGO.. BUT BEFORE MY M/C I WAS HAVING CRAMPING, LOWER BACK PAIN, AND THEN CAME SPOTTING.. THEN THE BLOOD GOT HEAVIER... I M/CED N MY OWN HOME AND THE BATHROOM... IT WAS SO PAINFUL... I HAD LIK 3 BIG CLOTS THAT WAS THE SIZE OF MY HANDS COME OUT... AND THEN I JUST SAT THERE ON THE TOLIET PRAYIN... AS I GOT UP 2 FLUSH I LOOKED DOWN N THE TOLIET AND SAW MY BABY... I WAS SO HURT... AS I PICKED MY BABY UP AND JUST SAT THERE AND LOOKED AT IT AND MY HAND... SO I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TO FIND OUT ID I PASSED ALL THE TISSUES OR WHATEVER NEEDED TO COME OUT.. AND THANK GOD I DID... BUT THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I WAS ACTUALLY 11 WEEKS PREGNANT... AND THAT B/C MY BLOOD IS O- THAT MY BABY BLOOD WAS POSTIVE AND THAT MY BLOOD WAS FIGHTING OFF MY BABIES BLOOD... SO THEY GAVE ME A SHOT THAT WOULD HELP ME  THE NEXT TIME I GET PREGNANT.. THE SAD PART ABOUT ALL OF THIS IS I WAS PREGANT FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS AND DIDNT HAVE ANY SIGNS OF IT... I WAS STILL HAVING MY PERIODS AND EVERYTHING... SO MY THING IS IF YOUR PREGANT OR TRYING TO GET PREGNANT ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW YOUR BLOOD TYPE!!! AND IF YOU ARE PREGNANT ITS BETTER TO GO TO THE DOCTOR SOON AS YOU FIND OUT...
Hi Im very sorry for your loss, I understand your pain emotionally and pysically.  I also had passed my baby in the toilet.  I buried my baby it was too distressing for me to flush away as my baby was something me and my husband have been wanting for years of trying!  I understand a little about your situation too as my best friend is pregnant too and she had to have a shot because of this?  Like i said in my previous message unless there is a medical reason not to get pregnant so fast there are no reasons why you cant get pregnant straight away?  Depends on the person i only bled for 2 weeks and it was just over 5 weeks until my next period?  i Had 2 periods and then fell pregnant again  :-) I wanted to have at least one clear cycle so my body was regulating normally.  Doctors say wait a couple at least one cycle too bacause its easier for them to pin point conception and due date?  You are very fertile for next 3 months after miscarriage too.  Everyone is different so it depends how you feel emotionally and pyscically i would personally wait for your next period to come so you know you are back to normal? I wish you all the best of luck x
low stress and dont try just let it happen it dont happen if you try
hey ive had two misscarages aswell im only22  i had my first m/c with my first pregnancy i was about 6 weeke pregnant i was devestated i was so scared that if i got pregnant it would happen again but just a whole year later i fell pregnant and now i have a lovely daughter who is no 2 n half years old just in december i found out i was pregnant but unfortuntly i had a misscarage a few days later so no i have had two m/c but so did my gran so i am defo trying again everything happens for a reason all i know is keep trying and it will happen for u
I am finding these posts a little depressing. I am 40 and just had my first pregnancy and then miscarriage at 8 weeks. I had to go through IVF to get there because my husband's has morphology. Basically his sperm are oddly shaped, so they have a difficult time penetrating and impregnating me.

We went through IVF and got prego the first time....but lost the peanut at 8 weeks. I think we may try naturally for a while. Does anyone know of any vitimins my husband can take that help with morphology? I really don't want to go through IVF again.  

If we don't get prego naturally I will probably try again, since we already paid for it. I just feel like a pin cushion with all of the shots and taking blood. Not to mention I have a blood clot disorder. So when I am pregnant I have to take Lovonox shots everyday through the entire pregnancy.

I didn't realize how difficult it was to have a baby..and now I see so many people have miscarriages. At my age I am fearful it will never happen for me...

Best of luck to all of you!
hello meli741,
I am 43 years old and recently suffered a miscarriage- New Year's Day to be exact.  I have a 14 year old son so this was my second pregnancy ever.  My husband and I were shock to find out we were pregnant and then the unthinkable happened.  I am anxious to try again but I want to take the next three months to get as healthy as I can before trying again.  I will keep you and your husband in prayer.  Just remember to trust God and know how much he loves you!!!!
I was told my hold entire life i would never have kids, so i never took the proper precautions to keep from being pregnant, for 8 years. On January 13 2012 Started feeling like i was pregnant so i took a test. (actually 5) ... with in 3 seconds these tests turned positive. i couldn't believe it. three days later on the 16th I went to the hospital because i started spotting, While i was there the did the first ultrasound and i found out i was 4 wks and 4 days with TWINS! We were very shock, scared but excited. I was blessed with not one but two. everything was fine i was just bleeding because of plantation. We went to hear the babies heartbeats on The babies fathers birthday February 8th, at 7wks 6 days. He said it was the best birthday present ever. all was well. On March 7th we went in i was 11wks and 6 days we went in expecting for them to be wiggling. Well they werent. There was no heartbeats on either one. they had stopped growing at 9 wks and 3 days, and 9 wks and 4 days(they were gone for three weeks). Of coarse i flipped out. i couldnt believe this was happening to me. I was scheduled for a DandC the following morning on the 8th of march,  I was in pain but i was and am still heart broken. On the 13th i passed a clot the size of a large pad, and i freaked  and rushed to the hospital. Come to find out they had left some " product" after the D&C. The hits just keep on coming. I had intercourse on the 16th,19th,20th-23rd. After my D&C all my symptoms literally stopped. Now 19 days after i feel like i am pregnant: heartburn nausea, but i dont think i have had a period. COULD IT BE!! :) I would be happy if so, but i dont want get my hopes up if its not possible. PLEASE HELP!  
I had a miscarriage on sep 21 I've stopped bleeding can I start now to try and get prego or should I wait??
Yes you can start trying when you like if you feel ready emotionally and physically I waited two cycles before I tried and fell straight away and now I have a healthy little boy. The reason why they suggest you wait is because you cant pin point your due date properly .  I would wait to have at least one normal period then start trying again.  Its all very traumatic on your body and with your emotions. You are fertile for the next 3 months or so after a mis carriage anyway.  I wish you all the best of luck and Im sorry for your loss x
I just had a mc I was 10 weeks and I was spotting , called the dr and they told me to get a sonogram ASAP,the heart bit was gone and the the baby stopped growing , very devastating and sad. Just got done D&C and I'm resting ... We want to try soon but I'm so scared:(
Are you a Doctor?