How to Cure Child's Yeast Infection
My Niece is 1 yr old and has had 3 yeast infections already and the doctor is not being helpful. Does anyone know of anything that will help eliminate this?
treat it with the antifungal antibiotic called Nystatin, either by mouth or in a topical cream.
i aint brainy i googled it
Firstly, try a different doctor.  3 yeast infections by 1 year old is too many.  Your doctor should be prescribing a topical antifungal such as clotrimazole or miconozole and your niece may even benefit from a systemic oral treatment as a one off.  The importance of hygiene cannot be underestimated either.  Try the following:
1.Bath baby daily with no soap, only warm water.
2. switch to disposables if using cloth nappies. Cloth nappies are great but if your child suffers from bad nappy rash or fungal infections, good quality disposables changed very frequently are better, as fungi and bacteria can thrive when warmth and moisture are held against the skin (as is sometimes the case with cloth nappies). Huggies are an excellent brand if you can afford them.
3. Ensure that everyone in the household has any thrush treated and wash hands after going to the toilet and nappy changing.  Baby should bath separately to any siblings.
4. Have separate towels and facecloths for bubs and launder after each use.
5. once baby can have yogurt, offer yoghurt containing acidophilus and bifidophilus
6. when its warm enough leave baby with no pants on - air and sunlight (in summer of course) are good for reducing infections.
Sorry this is a bit of a novel, but hopefully it helps. Thrush is very unpleasant for babies and can make them quite crotchety (makes the skin very tender and when they wee it can sting :(
Thank-you for your inputs anything is helpful. I was aware of some of the treatments just wasn't sure at what age she will be able to take medication. I do know Nystatin is non invasive so maybe that is okay for a 1 yr old.

Also, she is very clean and has disposable diapers, but thanks for the tip about air drying her more often with having no diaper on.

Any other suggestions would be great also.

Jen
Our nurse also suggested using a hair dryer after a bath to make sure the moisture is dried up...strange, but works pretty good.  Our dd has a yeast rash on a great deal of her body (thanks to a thrush infection from her granddad).  We're coating her in monistat, but lotrimin AF works (those are OTC creams) when monistat won't.

We used the OTCs above as early as 3 months on one dd who developed a yeast infection after antibiotics.

No fun at all.  Do try the yogurt trick once she can have it.  That does help stave off yeast a good deal of the time.
Thank-you for your input as it is all very helpful, I hope I can help my sister relieve her of the terrible yeast infection
Is she on antibiotics regularly?  That will cause a yeast infection.

Also,  chronic yeast infections are often a symptom of blood sugar in the urine.  

Best wishes.
Thank-you so much I will pass it on. She has not been on antbiotics but it definately is chronic.

Thank-you
Jen