Women's Health Community
How to determine the Gestation week
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to determine the Gestation week

How to calculate gestation week if the menses is irregular.  Is it from the DPO?  I got BFP last week and yesterday i went to see my Gynae, based on my LMP (22 Feb), i should be 7 weeks, however, when doing the vaginal ultrasound, he can't see anything, no even the sac.  If based on DPO, im like only 3 weeks

The Gynae perform a blood test and the result only be out tomorrow.

Im so worried and so desparate to know why.  Anyone can help?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I agree with Andi.  The numbers seem odd, either way.  Yes, typically they base the gestational age on your LMP.  My LMP was 2/21 so I am technically 7 weeks 2 days.  The problem is, they go by a 28 day cycle with O happening on CD 14.  I know that I Oed on CD 16, so I am really exactly 7 weeks today.  If you know the exact date that you Oed, then you should tell your DR b/c this will help them understand what they should be able to see at this point.  You do need to get your hCG levels checked b/c this is a good indicator of whether things are progressing properly.  Best of luck to you!
Blank
93532_tn?1349374050
I am not sure what you are asking, but at 7 weeks from LMP, they saw a baby and a heartbeat for me with this peanut. I was approximately 35 dpo. With my youngest child, they did an ultrasound at 5 weeks 5 days from LMP, so 3 weeks 5 days (approx) past ovulation and saw sacs and the fetal pole.

I am assuming they scanned the tubes and everything else looking for baby? Did they use a vaginal probe?

I wish I had answers for you. My only suggestion would be to wait and see what the bloodwork looks like (remember 1 test is not enough for a conclusive answer) if the numbers rise as they should than another ultrasound done in a few weeks should show more.

Good luck!

Andi
Blank
118074_tn?1228332603
Also depends on hoe your baby grows.  One U/S might measure different than the next.  Definately get your HCG checked out.

Good Luck!
Blank
i would ask for another scan in a couple weeks to see if there is really a baby there
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...