How to stop my period for one day

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

How to stop my period for one day

Hey I'm 15 and me and my friends are going to a water park tomorrow and i cant cancel plans because its my last day with the girls, and I have my period. Tomorrow is my last day on it and i tried and failed at using a tampon and i cant use the pill or anything cos i dont want my parents to know, so does anyone know of a way to get rid of my period for a day without medical stuff???????????? PLEASE HELP ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Tags: how?, how to stop, my period?, Period, one day, help, day, friends, stop, to stop, how
Honey, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.   I hope you had a good day one way or the other.

In answer to your question, once a period has begun, there is no stopping it, medically or otherwise.  You might look on this site in the search bar and see if you can find "how to put in a tampon," the subject has come up several times.
Now that I wrote that, I looked up a few of those posts, and they aren't so helpful as I remembered.  

The main pointers about tampons are:

-  Start with the smallest size, those about as big around as a fat pencil.  Often girls begin with their mom's, and those are super-sized (it's not only the absorbency that they rate, but how big around they are), and they just seem like battering rams.

-  Push them in far enough that you don't feel them.  The string should remain hanging out, but all of the tampon should be inside the mouth of the vagina (imagine tightly clamped lips), so you won't find it irritating.

-  Wear a pad as well, for at least your first few periods on tampons, so if there is any leakage while you judge how often to change the tampon, it won't stain your underwear or show through.

-  If you have really a super lot of trouble getting them in, try KY Jelly on the tip as a lubricant.  Not Vaseline, the oil base is a no no, but KY is water-based.  Get the kind in a tube (I don't know if there is any other) so most of it stays sterile when you squirt a dollop out into the tamp.

Good luck!!!