Hydrothermal Ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hydrothermal Ablation

Can a Hydrothermal Ablation be done during your menstral cycle?  
Hydrothermal endometrial ablation is done to remove or destroy the lining (endometrium) of the womb (uterus) and is not done during periods. You may be asked to take medications (possibly in the form of injections) that will decrease the thickness of the lining of the womb. This will make the operation easier as it will reduce the blood loss during the operation and increase the chances of success.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.