Hymenal skin tags

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hymenal skin tags

I posted this earlier today:

A couple nights ago after I went to the bathroom I wiped and saw a tiny bit of blood.  I tried to feel around with my hand for any pain or a cut (I couldn't find a mirror to look), and I felt no pain or anything.  I wiped again and there was no blood so I brushed it off (it was bright red blood by the way).  The next morning I had sex and towards the end there was a lot of friction.  Now sinc my period ended last week I have been a little irritated down there and general and after sex I noticed the whole area was a little more irritated then usual.  Last night i went to the bathroom and wiped and agona there was a tiny bit of blood.  So This time I took a mirror and looked below and saw a 2 tiny cuts/lesions.  So tiny that I can't tell if it's a split in the skin or a cut.  There is not pain when I touch them at all and this morning they are not bleeding at all.  I usually get cuts after sex, but this one was the night before I had sex so it worried me.  I get paranoid about herpes.  Does this sound like it....no pain, mild irriation in the whole vagina (not just one spot or one side), but a small cut or lesion?

I went to the doctor today and she was not concerned about it.  She said that it was on the edge of a hymenal skin tag (remainder of my hymen) and that it was nothing to be concerned about and that skin can be like tissue paper.  Has anyone had problems with a hymenal skin tag?  I've been sexuallt active for 6 years
I am having a similar issues; no bleeding but I hadn't given myself a full shave in a while down there and I did; now my inner areas are very irritated. No bleeding but very itchy, especially after sweating from hot weather/going to the gym. My hymenal skin tag is the most irritated, even though I didn't shave near there! As for your bleeding, gyno is right - when no lubricated our inner labia/vaginal opening are prone to small tears during sex; the skin is much thinner than say the skin on your arm. I wouldn't be too worried; it happened to me about a year ago, just make sure you're properly lubricated and it'll heal just fine.