Hymenal skin tags

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hymenal skin tags

I posted this earlier today:

A couple nights ago after I went to the bathroom I wiped and saw a tiny bit of blood.  I tried to feel around with my hand for any pain or a cut (I couldn't find a mirror to look), and I felt no pain or anything.  I wiped again and there was no blood so I brushed it off (it was bright red blood by the way).  The next morning I had sex and towards the end there was a lot of friction.  Now sinc my period ended last week I have been a little irritated down there and general and after sex I noticed the whole area was a little more irritated then usual.  Last night i went to the bathroom and wiped and agona there was a tiny bit of blood.  So This time I took a mirror and looked below and saw a 2 tiny cuts/lesions.  So tiny that I can't tell if it's a split in the skin or a cut.  There is not pain when I touch them at all and this morning they are not bleeding at all.  I usually get cuts after sex, but this one was the night before I had sex so it worried me.  I get paranoid about herpes.  Does this sound like it....no pain, mild irriation in the whole vagina (not just one spot or one side), but a small cut or lesion?

I went to the doctor today and she was not concerned about it.  She said that it was on the edge of a hymenal skin tag (remainder of my hymen) and that it was nothing to be concerned about and that skin can be like tissue paper.  Has anyone had problems with a hymenal skin tag?  I've been sexuallt active for 6 years
I am having a similar issues; no bleeding but I hadn't given myself a full shave in a while down there and I did; now my inner areas are very irritated. No bleeding but very itchy, especially after sweating from hot weather/going to the gym. My hymenal skin tag is the most irritated, even though I didn't shave near there! As for your bleeding, gyno is right - when no lubricated our inner labia/vaginal opening are prone to small tears during sex; the skin is much thinner than say the skin on your arm. I wouldn't be too worried; it happened to me about a year ago, just make sure you're properly lubricated and it'll heal just fine.
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
Belle313, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
Joejoediaz commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals