Hysterectomy & Rectocele Surgery
I had hysterectomy and rectocele surgery done on Friday 2/13/15.. I'm not superstitious so the date don't matter...haha!  But I did have a lot of scar tissue from having my cervix removed in 1993 from cancer and had a lot of scar tissue from endometriosis, and from several lapriscopes so my surgery took longer. The sent me home that night with a script of oxycodone/as a 4.835/325mg. This only my 3rd day I understand. But I've had 6 back surgeries and take higher doses of pain meds than this and they took me off of to take this med and its not touching it..I can't stand up straight to even walk to the bath room, I can't lay down, I'm doubled over sitting in a recliner and haven't slept and my ribs feel like they've been broken too..and my hips...yikes what did they do to me? And its Sunday... I would have to go back to the E.R.
Wow that's a lot of surgeries! I am appalled they discharged you so quickly. Both hysterectomy and rectocele are major surgeries. If it were me, I'd be calling my surgeon's on-call number. You should not be suffering like this. Sure, you will have pain but this sounds extreme. What method of surgery did you have - robotic, laparoscopic, abdominal??
Sorry it took so long to get back to you....its been a long haul...still not better, my surgeon decided to go out of town so there is an on call obgyn/surgeon .... I don't feel comfortable talking to him because he didn't do my surgery... My husband agrees with you whole heartedly that I should have stayed in for a couple of days at least...its been 3 weeks and still very painful.. I do still bleed, some days are heavier and with clots, I have called it in and they said as long as the clots don't get bigger than a quarter.. Mine are dime to nickel... They said I can do this for 6 to 8 weeks....  As soon as my Dr gets back in the states I'm definitely calling in to see him ASAP.. I've never experienced this of course and don't know anyone who's had both of these surgeries together... But oh my if I had it to do over, I think they would have been separately.. And mine was all done vaginally to answer your question...