Hysterectomy 5 years ago still with major cramps.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I had a total hysterectomy, keeping my ovaries because i was so young, 5 years ago. For about a year now, i've noticed that I have been having very painful cramps every month just as i was with my endometriosis when i had my periods. Once in a while i will have very slight very pink, spotting. Its usually just a little bit when i wipe after sex.  I know your body still goes through pms when you still have your ovaries, but this cramping pain is rediculous. This is part of the reason why they took everything out. I had two premature babies, and suffered from alot of adehesions from my cesarean including fibroids, endometriosis, and a weak uterus which we later found had that uterine disease you can only find through biopsy, Adenomyosis. Should this be something i should worry about? My last pap smear i had done last year they said everything looked ok. That i don't need to come back for another 3 years, but my cramping has gotten alot worse since then.(i often thought my sisters were telepathically sending me their cramps! lol) I don't have insurance cause i can't afford it. And the gov. won't help me. So should i worry? Find a way to be seen or just deal with it? Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.
This may be be an off the wall idea in your case, but I thought it was worth suggesting, just in case. I was in the same situation as you. I have a hystectomy at 30. They thought endometriosis was causing my pain. Well the surgeries didn't help me, it made my pain worse. Is your pain in one small spot, or is it burning all over? It doesn't sound like you are talking about ovarian pain, if it's that it is probably cyst. those can get pretty big and you would need ultra sounds atleast every six months if you get cysts. Now, if it's not that, and the pain is not in one spot (one spot would mean it's probably the Endo.) If it's all over their are two things that come to mind, the things I figured out I have along with the endometriosis. Once I got these things under control, I realized Endometriosis wasn't what was causing my problems. The first one is Interstitial Cystitis which is an autoimmmune disorder that attacks the bladder and it burns really bad and comes and goes. It is cause by something in the enviroment damaging your immune system. The other thing is your immune system may be damaged in general. It could be working in over drive and you may be having flares that come and go, surgery would just make it worse. This is what I have and until I got something to calm down my inflammation, calm down my immune system, I was in burning pain in my uterus, pelvic cavity, and bladder and it was really bad.
thanks, but its nothing like that affecting any thing else, like my bladder, etc. Its just like having a really, really bad period. And yet Its more bothersome because you know you don't have those anymore. I am mostly worried that it has something to do with my ovary. Its mostly on the right side and that was where it was always been, way back when.
It's got to be the ovary then, it can't be "cramps" you don't have a uterus anymore, so it can't be that. It  could also be endometriosis growing in your pelvic cavity. I hope not. I hope you feel better. I know how much it *****.
Thanks. I appreciate the opinion. I guess i should find a way to try and be seen.
Thank God I found your posts. Hysterectomy 12 years ago. I kept my ovaries and cervix. For the past week I have had lower pelvic pain, throbbing ovaries and running back and forth to the bathroom. Ive been thinking.. Cervical cancer, ovarian cancer or colon cancer. I have an appointment but not until July 15th/ If any other tests are needed, Im a goner.. as like so many of us, I dont have medical coverage either
Hello!! I am going to have surgery tomorrow to remove adhesions that my GYN said are from a partial hysterectomy that I had about a year and a half ago. My pain is similar to very bad cramping and pain in my ovary area. The ultrasound I had showed that my right ovary had "travelled" close to the surface and that it is double the size of my left ovary. If needed, my GYN is also going to remove that ovary. My symptoms were severe cramping and pain. My GYN said that adhesions aren't seen via ultrasound and the only way to tell was to go in laproscopicaly. I don't have insurance either. The local vocational rehabilitaion agency is paying for my surgury. This agency is next to the employment office. They help people who are working and need medical help (and other types of help) in order to keep working. You should check to see if there is something similar in your area. Good Luck!
TinaR10 commented on melimeli's status
TinaR10 commented on photo
Shannon79 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals