Hyterectomy at age 32
I am 32 years old and have uternie fibroids and adenomyosis.  Since age 16 I have had terrible pain associated with these.  My pain and periods disappeared about 5 years ago and I have been diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea.  In order to have a cycle, I must take bc pills (estrogen) but the estrogen is what fuels the adenomyosis and causes a tremendous amount of pain.  Doc told me last week that I am in a catch 22 situation.  I have to have the estrogen to ovulate, but with the estrogen comes the pain.  He told me to decide whether or not I want to get pregnant or have a hysterectomy.  We've been married 9 years and have never strongly desired children, so we're leaning towards the hyterectomy and I'll keep my ovaries.  My only concern is my age.  Will it be detrimental to have one at this point in life?  Can I live on estrogen replacement forever without any real complications?
If you keep your ovaries, you won't need estrogen replacement (as long as they continue to function).  The uterus has nothing to do with producing estrogen, it merely reacts to it.