I addicted! open forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I addicted! open forum

I think I have a problem. I was on this morning trying to keep up with the sailers wife and the island princess thing and everybody else. I didn't get a thing done!! You guys crack me up! I was upset cause I had to leave and go get my kids at school! Then gymnastics, walmart, fix supper.......... I was really upset that couldn't get back on! I kept thinking about it. when my husband came home I was laughing out loud. I think he is convinced I'm having an online affair (lol) . I really do enjoy reading this site. I never could understand how people got addicted to the net, but i see it now. I thought i would just give you all a spot to chat and let you all know how happy u make my day!!!!!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face! You all are so funny!
                       Lucy
this site is great. it feels good to be able to (hopefully) help people, and in turn, get a little help when you need it too.
I concur.  I was at work and couldn't reply, and had to keep flipping back to my "work" stuff.  Oh my....I was laughing out loud too!!!  Aside from the one thread (you all KNOW the one I'm talking about!), this site is awesome and full of lots of good advice.  Keep it up!
I've got one for ya'll. My friend just found out she is pregnant with her second baby. Her first is two. She is a smoker .She smoked with the first, but her hubby told her with the second she needed to quit. She also wants to quit, but is really having a hard time. She has cried all day. I too am a smoker (bad, i know) I quit when i was pregnant. What's ya'll opion about it? About the above. i knew if I put i'm addicted somebody would look. i feel stupid cause i put i addicted. I ment I'm!
Many insurance companies have great smoking cessation programs, so ask her to look into hers to see if there is a provision in her plan. Our insurance offers a program called Free & clear which offers phone counseling and even deeply discounted nicotine replacement products to make the process easier.

Andi
I'll tell her, but I don't know if she will do it. She said she is going cold turkey with it. She said she had tried the patches before and they didn't work.I'm not sure anything will help at this point .I told her to eat sunflower seeds and pepermints. Her reply was shewould have to go to the store to get them. They also have cig's. I guess I will take her some tomorrow and seei fit helps her.thanks for the info though
I was asking everybody's opinion about smoking while pregnant. the strangest thing just happened. i tried to answer a post and it said i had a time out! that I had misbehaved by not returning a complete set of http headers?!?!?! What does that mean? I have been good on here! As much as i wanted to get in on the island princess today, i was a good girl and kept my mouth shut. Have any idea's on what I did?
I wanted to say I log on this site at least 4 times a day now to keep up with whats going on. I just started getting on here about 2 weeks ago when I thought I was pg. Now I'm addicted too. I like that it seems to be the same women. I really enjoy listening to you guys and commenting when possible. Thanks :)
thanks. I was getting a little worried. I was on your side cheering you on. I gave up on the ? on the virgin(another post). I tried , but my opinion might not be the best in other's situation's. I agree with ya!
ok...lol i'll get that done for you...when ever i find the person ok i'll pass the memo no problem....lol
The post I was talking about was "How To???" on 9/7.  Sorry, girls!
hey i read that virgin thing too..poor chick doesn't know any better...anyway what kinda side effects you have???
I think the virgin has a good head on her shoulders, maybe to good. She  seems very intellegent. Maybe i look at things different because even though I was from a very prominent family I rebelled. My husband and i were the "bad" kids in our Christian Private school. Go on and laugh, I know. That's the main reason i startd dating my now husband. He was the bad boy. He was from a good family though. We used to pary every weekend all night long. Wanna know how I got cought? The house we partied at was next door to the ....... prinipal's house. I don't regret at all what happened to me. I think it happened  for a reason. Maybe it was God's was of calming me down. I think the virgin is doing okay. She just need's to understand men a little more. I think maybe i've been married a little to long. I dunno. I love it though!!!!!!!!
you a christian??!!..nooooo!!!! lol just playing....anyway i agree yes sex after marriage is the right thing, but i belive she's not a virgin anymore because her bf had put his penis alittle in her ...you know the usual thing guys say"let me put it in just alittle bit"...:) she also sounds a bit curious about sex & wanting to do it....(who hasn't)...:) great for her to be a virgin for 22 years....most girls now are lossing it at 12yrs....this world is getting so scary now......

oh yeah i read your thread....good to know i amused you....:)although that wasn't purposely done.... i don't really try to **** anyone off they just don't understand, & the more i try to explain it makes it worst so i don't bother...but good to know you have fun i have fun too this is a great site& i'm also addicted to it too....my co-workers sometimes come & laugh at me asking me "you are still on that site??"....it really is addictive really..:)
MHI -stands for Med Help International...not Med Help Island...PLEASE lets not turn this into another BF & Sperm thing...don't think I could take it again.  Sorry I have kept my mouth shut long enough, and avoided as many Calos/Island posts as I can.  Oh...whilst I am on the subject - if I have to go through another count down it will be off a cliff!
oh darling you can do just that jump off...yeaaahhhhh....no body asked you to respond, my friendly conversation was with lucy!!!
You are the worst about jumping to conversations and saying the most random and inaccurate statements. And you're going to tell her to stay out of your conversation?? Please. Pracitce what your preach, princess.
That was too funny. ;)
you know with out you women knowing this i don't really come her to **** any one off...but apparently you get a kick out of upset other ladies...:( which i think is very sad to make fun of the less fortunate .....what ever to you women
Who is less fortunate? I'm not even sure what you meant by that.
you know what i'll say a beautiful pray for you ladies....god is needed in your lives...& no matter what you think of me i still love you :)because honestly i do feel sorry for some of you women in here really i do....so i'll pray for you all ok....baby dust TTCs :)
I qwas thinking about your b/f and the sperm count thing. i hadn't read the original thread I don't think. I was thinking maybe he  is embarrased to do it in a cup so they can count it. Men can be so weird sometimes. I don't know how they do it i was just guessing. Never been thru that before.
hence your name you are lucky...lol...maybe that's what he's thinking....but is has to be done one day.....i'm leaving him in his ignorance, just going about life normal i've spoken to him enough about it...it's not going to bother either one of us so what ever with that.....when he observes its' not working he'll go on his own embarssed or not....:)
You guys are too much lol. I am addicted now too!!! i am 25 & just found out I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I came on to ask about the side erffects("Moonface caused by prednisone")& instead I spent 2 hours looking at all your comments. Hey Lucy i hear ya on the virgin thing I mean damn that girl needs a few life lessons I think poor chook.

Keep the goss flowing Peps
I may sound naive but whats the One thread that everyone "Knows what you are talking about"?
JTD
i would have shared my pizza with you today but....i realized that it would only give me double work.....lol.....

maybe you need to invest in a better way to get rid of the thighs & butts...lol...hey but a big butt is sexy here... i wish i had one..lol...:)
If I didn't know better, I would think that you're trying to irritate me, but I'm sure it's just you joking, right? Throw in some 'lol's, and everything is groovy, I guess.
Foot in mouth again. Those remarks came across as insensitive. Sometimes you just need to know when to stop commenting.
I feel like I should post a link to my a$$, but I don't have a pic in my photobucket account.
mslkpage--I can't remember you ever being mean or rude.  You, like others on here (monkeyflower, who_dis, oceans), state the truth.  It's only misconstrued when it is not the "truth" that others want to hear.  Yeah for you.

Harly-girl--I love your comments, too.  I have my favs on here, and you rank among them.

Island is the hijack queen.  And--not only does she hijack, but she posts like 3 times every time.  I mean, are we trying to take up valued space, or what?  

Jules comment was the best.  MHI--I was LMAO.
It is amazing that it only takes one person to get our panties in a bundle EVERYDAY.  I sure enjoy the amusement of it all though.

mslkpage, I am sure your a** is just lovely.

anyone heard this one?...it is hilarious

>In a crowded city at a busy bus  stop, a beautiful  young woman
wearing  a tight mini skirt was waiting  for a bus. As the bus  stopped and it
was her turn to get on, she  became aware that her  skirt was too tight
to allow her leg to come  up to the height of the  first step of the bus. Slightly embarrassed and with a  quick smile to the  bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her  skirt a little,  thinking that this would give her enough slack to  raise her leg. She  tried to take the step, only to discover that she  couldn't.  
>So, a little more embarrassed, she  once again  reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more, and  for the second  time attempted
the step.  Once again, much to  her chagrin, she could not raise  her
leg. With a  little smile to the  driver, she again reached behind  to
unzip a little  more and again  was unable to take the step.  
About this time, a large Texan who  was standing  behind her picked
her  up easily by the waist and placed  her gently on the  step of the bus.  
She went ballistic and turned to the  would-be  Samaritan and yelled, "How dare you touch my body! I don't  even know who you  are!"  The Texan smiled and drawled, "Well, ma'am,  normally  I would agree  with you, but after
you unzipped my fly three  times,  I kinda figured we was friends."    

i'm to blessed to be stressed...TGIF...ladies...:)

I missed out on all the fun.  I don't remember any thread with someone being called Mary Poppins.  Does anyone?
I have a problem.  I'm ttc but it's not working, the sperm keeps coming out of me and my bf won't get tested.  Should I try standing on my head while having sex? Or do you think booster drinks would help.  Also my period isn't due for 2 wks but I'm going to start a countdown for you all to read everyday, ok?  Wouldn't that be fun?
Let me know what ya think darlings and don't be mean to me.
Ugggggggggg!

Sorry to all.  I apologize for that.  I couldn't help it.  It's really starting to IRRITATE me.
What the heck is up with the triple post??? Computer problems?
Maybe she's praying for 3 of us?
Hmmmm, what 3 I wonder?  ;)

I don't know if I'm included in that or not. I'm pretty certain there's a mslkpage voodoo doll somewhere being used as a pin cushion.

I do have a headache at the moment...hmmmm....

:)
ok i apologize i worded it wrongly but what i mean is those who don't know any better...the first time i got here i saw some ladies i'm not sure if you was appart of it, but they maded fun of some chick & called her Mary Poppins, her name started i think with (j) not sure....i mean that wasn't really nice to her....i had laughed at first but then after i though of it...i felt sorta sorry for her.......it was mean (in my opinion)....yes everyone has there's but in my observation some just enjoy making fun of others...:) don't ask the thread i can't remeber it but i know somebody felt really hurt after what they said to her
mslkpage: lol..... no i don't belive in voodoo dolls....i never knew anyone who used them before..but when i find one you'll know.....lol your headache will be gone......but i wouldn't use it don't worry..

harley: yes it have been messing up all week....my words are even huge, like i can't see right....

i may be the 85 year old pregger...... right mslk???...lol i'm just kidding around here ladies
I never called anyone mary poppins...can't say that I've EVER resorted to name calling on here. I don't recall that thread, and I'm not sure why you're bringing it up now.
Oh, that's good about the voodoo doll. If you find one, take a little stuffing out of her butt and thighs, because the treadmill isn't helping me any.
glab:*rolls eyes* poor thing

mslk: sorry if that was insensitive but i really was joking & complementing you....but say what it was just a little bit of misunderstanding right!!

harley: ok hon i think that's a great idea....i was just thinking that to myself after what i saw mslk said....i would be geniuely joking & women would think i'm being mean..which i'm not...much love yall :)
It's glaD, Hun.
I am using this one since it is an open forum. Did you all read the arousal one? Why hasn't anyone answered it? You can imagine what I think, but I don't want to say incase she has something bad.
Interesting that she rolls her eyes then admits that she's misunderstood, all on the same post.
And don't you love it when someone apologizes, and then follows it up with , "but...."???
Best kind of apologies.  
Yes, by all means- stand on your head for 2 days, but only if you want to have a boy. Also, remember that sperm live for up to 2 days, so if you begin to stink, it's time for the sperm or you to take a shower. Booster drinks may help, but you might have trouble getting the sperm to drink them. Be sure you and your dh gets a lot of exercise, too. Good luck!!!
well don't read it hon...:) like i said no body is forcing you to read them....any way ifeel more sorry for you than every one waisting this space to show your anger....you poor poor dear....(now i'm really irrating you)...but still i'll pray for you ok/// ok...:)