I am 14 and just now lost my virginity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am 14 and just now lost my virginity

Okay, so I'm 14 and I lost my virginity. (Yeah, I know, I'm young but don't comment if you have anything rude to say about it, because like they say, its not the age that matters) But, anyway, I had sex, and it lasted for about five minutes and I bled like, alot. I know that its normal for virgins to bleed, but I was wondering why some people bleed and others don't? Because, most of the people I talked to said they didn't bleed at all. Also, it hurt... Alot, like to the point of tears and I NEVER cry due to pain. But, yeah. Why do some people bleed alot and others don't at all and why does it hurt for some people and doesn't for others? Oh, and uhm... How can you tell if you're pregnant within eight days of having sex? Thanks. (:
pain can be avoided by forplay… the vagina opens up and lubrcates when aroused… easing in gently helps too.
The hymen can break by using a tampon, riding a bike, etc.. most virgins' hymen's are already broken before sex..
Pain, tearing, bleeding varies with body type, foreplay, arousal state, etc…
You cannot tell if you are pregnant til 2 weeks after sex.
Thanks. And, I know that you can't like, officially tell, but I was reading up and I saw that the symptoms can begin in the same week of having sex, and I was wondering if anyone who had been pregnant before or is pregnant had, and what it felt like.
If You are concerned about pregnancy then perhaps You should not be having sex.  There is a pregnancy risk no matter what You do/use as ALL birthcontrol has a failure rate (even "the pill" has a 1% failure rate - still a risk!!

I'm not "judging You for having sex" BUT in spite of what You said "age does matter" as You are too Young to be a Mommy.  This I know is true.  I was a Mommy at 16, 17 & 19 and I was too Young - but I was a LOT older than You.  When one is only 14 years old - 2 years, 3 years and 5 years make HUGE differences in mental and financial responsibility & maturity.  I Love my Children with all my Heart but it was a HUGE mountain to climb at my and my Husbands age - He was just a kid too.  EVERYTHING was less expensive then and jobs were more plentiful and STILL we struggled all the years we were raising our Babies.  PLEASE, hear me again - I was too young to be a Mommy and I would advice ANY young girl to abstain from sex for that reason.  STD's are an issue also.
Good Luck