I hate EPT! I got another faint line with EPT..........is that normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

First of all I am a POAS holic and proud of it :)

Today I am 12DPO-tested this morning with FRE amd it was negative. Just tested again ( i know I torture myslef) and saw nothing within the first three min so I went away and came back before the ten min mark and saw a faint line...so to my disbelief, I took the test out of the plastic to analize and for sure there it was..but very very faint and almost grey looking....I read that grey is evap line but does EPT give evap lines before 10 time mark?

I also two days ago took, FRE, EPT and Dollar tree and all were neg except EPT (again faint grey looking line but that one took 1/2 to get second line)

I will not get excited until I see for sure.

What do ya all think?

Teresa
I'd wait another week or so and take another EPT and see what you get, give it more time for some more hormone to be present and see if it comes up positive or negative.
I'd check peeonastick.com I know they keep tabs on the sensitivities and wierd stuff that goes on with tests
If you looked at my title.......is asking about evap lines before the 10 min mark and has it happened to anyone.

Go away with your negativitly.
Honestly, it sounds like an evap line.

Like others have suggested, wait 2 days and retest with a different brand using first morning urine.  The digital test will take the guesswork out of it.

Good luck!
I should have also said yesterday.. those dollar store tests supossedly are VERY sensitive... so if they are neg.. and teh ept lines are grey then I'd say evap. I'd also call ept so you can get your $$ back... sounds like a bad lot
Guys, ur talking to a peeonastick addict she aint gonna wait 2 days hehe! Id say firstly use ones with pink ink that ways its easier to tell the grey from the pink pos that I hope it is for you! I dont know if ur EPT is a cheapie but Ive been taking cheapie ones on and off and Ive been getting pos aswell but have been having periods so it could just be faulty I dunno. When u take ur next one use the EMU if ur really trying to get a good answer and if u end up doing another tomorrow, dont expect much change (If there will be any) until the day after. lol! Us obsessees eh! Good luck!
You are being negaive..  
She was only asking a question... and you didn't even answer it. If you don't have anything nice and encouraging to say- Please don't say anything at all. :)
I am assuming that all of the women on medhelp are adults. But from the way that people have been talking to other people I am not so sure now. It is uncalled for. I can't believe that adult women can act this way. Get a life and don't answer if you don't have an answer. I thought this board was for people to aks anything openly? I am shocked to say the least!!
WOW! I just saw this. I feel sorry for you that you don't have anything better to do than criticize when people are hoping and praying for a little miracle. I don't have time to scroll down and read all postings to find an answer I need, hence I just ask it. If it's been asked before then don't answer me or others asking the same question.

and yes it was a bad lot and I was refunded all three tests!!! So my curiosity and questioning was valid..so beat it!
hey mommy! i first want to say congrats if you do have a little bundle in your belly! and second ask if you found out what was going on. i am also a poas addict and have been testing like crazy with no evaporation lines, so a few days ago i thought i had implantation bleeding and took a test the last day i was bleeding (i was only bleeding for 3 days) and i took a test last night didnt see anything in the first couple minutes so i went to bed. this morning i looked at the test and saw a faint line! so since ive NEVER seen an evaporation line im wondering what you think and what was the out come of your test.
also i know this happened in 06 but i was googling and came across this thats why i asked :)