I have a hard painful lump in my armpit.. help!!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

For about a month now I've had a painful place in my armpit but now for the past week there is a very painful hard lump there.. there's no redness or anything like that.. Im worried that it might be something serious and Im getting ready to go to my doctor over this.. I just wanted some advice or opinions.. THANK YOU!!
Hm.  Well, I'm glad that you are going to the doctor about this as that is the best thing.  Have you been ill?  Could it be a lymph node?  Sometimes these will become noticable in our arm pits when we are fighting an illness.  You definately want to get a lump in the armpit checked out to make sure it isn't related to anything serious.  I do NOT want to scare you but we always need to make sure that we are looking at our breast area which includes under the arms for any signs of cancer.  It is doubtful that this is what it could be but always prudent to check these things out.  

I have had lumps in my armpits due to lymph nodes and fighting bacterial infections as well as a cyst.  

Try not to worry.  You are doing the right thing to go to your doctor to figure it out.  
JessicaWooten31 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
1 hr ago
NaydaBadillo commented on Fluoroquinolones incr...
veronica0808 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals