Women's Health Community
I have a hard painful lump in my armpit.. help!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I have a hard painful lump in my armpit.. help!!

For about a month now I've had a painful place in my armpit but now for the past week there is a very painful hard lump there.. there's no redness or anything like that.. Im worried that it might be something serious and Im getting ready to go to my doctor over this.. I just wanted some advice or opinions.. THANK YOU!!
973741_tn?1342346373
Hm.  Well, I'm glad that you are going to the doctor about this as that is the best thing.  Have you been ill?  Could it be a lymph node?  Sometimes these will become noticable in our arm pits when we are fighting an illness.  You definately want to get a lump in the armpit checked out to make sure it isn't related to anything serious.  I do NOT want to scare you but we always need to make sure that we are looking at our breast area which includes under the arms for any signs of cancer.  It is doubtful that this is what it could be but always prudent to check these things out.  

I have had lumps in my armpits due to lymph nodes and fighting bacterial infections as well as a cyst.  

Try not to worry.  You are doing the right thing to go to your doctor to figure it out.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...