I have a large tailbone, have any info?
I wasn't really sure which topic area this would be under... I have a oversized tailbone that sticks out. I'm 18 now and I've had this problem my life.. it bothers me a lot. It doesn't hurt or anything but it is very irritating. I tried to look this up on the internet but couldn't find anyone with the same problem. It seems like I'm the only one that has it. Can someone give me some information about it or tell me if there's anything I can do about it? It's very noticable and I always have to wear a long shirt or a long hoodie to cover it up. Your help would be appreciated :) Thanx
I will assume you have already had this problem sorted but.
Basically an overlarged tail bone isn't that uncommon, it can be removed if you so wish it but consult your GP before making up your mind as sometimes spinal procedures out-weigh benefits with risk
My wife had this same thing for the first three years of our marriage. First of all, I want you to know it is not that big of a deal. We were both perfectly comfortable being intimate, I promise it is not going to shake the world to have your partner find out one more thing that makes you unique, so do not worry about it too much.

Getting to the point that you may be more interested in... it has pretty well gone away after she began doing functional exercises targeted to help her with spinal stability. She has been seeing a trainer who is a CHEK Exercise Coach, you may want to try to find one as well. She also visits a chiropractor frequently to keep it in place. Between the two she stays mostly pain free and has covered the bone with muscle that keeps it positioned properly and cushions it.

Best wishes ladies.
finally someone with some real advice! thank you so much for your help and encouragement...I think we all needed it.
thank you so much! now I feel a lot better about the situation :) I hope it works!
Thank you Linsey for asking this question. And thank you Natalia_7 for posting that picture. Mine looks exactly like yours actually. I never noticed my protruding tail bone until i injured it in 7th grade. I fell onto a chair and it was one of the most painful things i've experienced. After that I noticed my tailbone protrudes or it seems kind of enlarged. It's not a real life impediment, but it does get to be annoying when i try to do sit ups or some yoga poses. I always have to shift to one butt cheek. I've always thought I was along in this problem until I came to this forum. What a relief. Thank you all for bravely sharing your stories. I, too, have shared the fear of what I should do if I ever became intimate with somebody. I've dreamed of getting my tailbone removed or somehow shaving the bone, but I cannot afford an orthopedic surgeon. Watching Shallow Hal traumatized me when they showed Jason Alexander with the tail. However, I really do feel like a burden has been lifted some what in knowing that I am not alone with this problem. I guess i need to start doing some more butt exercises to provide my cushion and make this tailbone less of a nuisance.
I have the same problem, i think mine is my sacrum sticks out too far, dont know if its scoliosis or what. also mine doesnt usually bother me pain wise unless i am laying on my back or doing sit ups and what not. I dont know if it was caused by bad posture or i was born that way.. it also seems to have more "cushion" on it. but i dont know if that is because i sticks out so the fat/flesh push out as well makiing it seem like more cushion. if you figure out what the dr says let me know or know any techniques or excersizes that help please let me know. i will be bringing it up to the doctor after my pregnancy since there is nothing to do about it now and he might assume its cus of my prenancy when it was there before hand.
i have the same problem  i am now  almost  31 years old  i have had  all my spine fused because of my scoliosis  due to  a   defect  called klippel fel syndrome   even so  i have a very large back side and my  back  dips in greratly i am only 4 ft  10   i have recently toned mybody  up but i still look big im now in size 12  clothed but  my  bum is like 5 inches behind the rest  of me    yet im 12 12 which makes  me morbidly obese in te doctors eyes that is also annoying  but  i cant see  me getting to the 6 stone 7 pounds the doctors want me to  be ccause  of my height but it makes me feel  big  cause every one makes  me  feel massive but if im morbidly obese then how can i fit in  size 12 clothes i dont get it?
mine is the same way! i say an orthopedic surgeon who took xrays. he said my sacrum is curved out more than normal. it also has cushion, like extra fat but RIGHT on top of the bone sticking out and not around it, so it makes it look even bigger...
I'm about to go into the doctor tomorrow to get mine checked out.  I have one hard lump right at the base of my spine, but it is crooked.  It actually curves off to one side and causes me a lot of pain and numbness when sitting.
im a gay man 15 and my tail bone sticks out too (which totally terrifies me to get intimate with anyone since i am gay) and i heard that it may be due to lumbar hyperlordosis. This is a increased curve inward toward your stomach and if you lay on ur back on the floor and are able to stick ur hand all the way under your spine you might have it. Hyperlordosis can be fixed by strengthening ur core muscles but i havent found anything that specifically says lumbar hyperlordosis makes ur tailbone stick out. Im just glad other ppl have it and im not alone.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/9583.jpg
in this pic u can tell the tailbone is farther down and outward
im so glad to find this site havent checked the dates though so hope these are recent posts.
I have a very unusual tail bone and my partner is always on at me to get it checked out but im just too embarresed to look like a fool really cos i think am i worrying for nothing but then is it normal??

my spine is normal until it gets to the top of my bottom then there is a big bone a space then a big bone thats on the right and then a larger one that bends back to the left which is i dont know what to use to say how big it is but its got to be say bigger than two small bouncy balls mayb not far off a golf ball size and it feels sharp at the top and sort of slopes like a hill where my bottom begins.
Its very noticeable and both my boys have got them, my 1 year old u can see where its developing.

It is painful and i cannot sit for long periods at a time. is it something to worry about or is my spine just normal seeing as my children have the same lump?

thanks ceri x
i have to. for 10 years i have been wondering what it is and why i have it. i have learned to live with it but have decided to go to the doctor just in case.
I've read a lot of these posts on this site about our protruding coccyges. I always felt like my extra long coccyx makes me one level closer to a super human.  Almost as if I'm extra human! I've noticed that you are all female, and haven't seen a post by a male yet.  I'm a 29 year old man with the same issue.  Just wondering if it's less common in men?
Hi There,
I am only 13 and ride horses so I have fallen A LOT on my protruding tail bone. It doesn't look like much of a tail but I also have what you could say a 'bubble butt'. I have fallen on ice recently and now I can't sit against a hard chair because the back rest hits it and causes it to hurt. I have brutally bruised it once and it hurt for 2 months. I asked a family doctor and he said that the only thing they could do is surgery to shave it down but that is only if you are feeling REALLY insecure about it or in a lot of pain regarding it.
Hope it helped.
i am soo happy to find that other people have this problem, the top of my arsecrack looks like a v instead of a straight line, and when i feel it its like two littl knobbly things with a big one underneath. this has bothered me for years, it gets me really down, especially now iv had my daughter and shes got one too :( i feel like iv ruined her life, every time i change her nappy and see it, the guilt makes me feel sick. i dont know if i feel better or worse after reading this, i just want rid of both of ours! i promise my baby girl every day that itl be gone by the time shes old enough to know shes got it, not looking possible though :'(
I just found out tonight that my tailbone is over sized. Mine does cause pain from sitting and has caused problems with the skin from it pushing on it and gets red and inflammed. They want me to see an orthopedic specialist and have my tailbone cut down or removed. I am very nervous, but am so glad I am not the only one with this problem. I can grab mine and it feel like a puppy dog tail but you can't see it by looking at my fanny lol.
I too have the same problem and have lost 30 lbs making it more noticeable. It is painful to sit and hard to do sit ups. I do feel better after reading these that I am not alone and am in fact lucky that the bone is not visible although I am worried about that if I lose more weight. For now, I will do lunges and try to build up my butt muscles.
Hello All, My 12 yr, daughter was just diagnosed yesterday that her tailbone has 5 segments. Most peoples tailbone's have anywhere btw 2,3,and 4 segments. The large tailbone gives her pain when she sits in school or anywhere because of the pressure. The Ortho Specialist she saw at Childrens Hospital of Michigan told me not to let anyone operate on her. Remember your tailbone is part of your spine. I was reading today on a website called coccyx.org about people that have had the surgery for other tailbone conditions, and I have read some horrible and very graphic stories. Scares the crap out of me. For now they make special pilliows or cushions for people with this type of condition. But I would love to hear some feed back from some people who have or had 5 segment tailbones. Their progress and how this affected their lives? When I read articles on the internet about this condition the medical article and forums are very vauge almost like this is overlooked in the medical world. I need research that has been done about how this occured? Is this more common in women or men ? Is this inherited;? and if so from the male or female parent? I would even want to x-ray mine vs my daughters father maybe we both have 4 segment tailbones which gave my child 5. Who knows but I need answers. Im willing to go the end of the earth to get answers. So if you want to follow me in my journey or respond, share, suggest or help with your expiriences lets colloborate. You can follow me on twitter @**** This is a real condition and shouldn't be overlooked by the medical community.

Sincerely,
Certified Concerned Mom
my daughter has unfortunately inherited it from me, i dont think my parents have one though. im not sure how many segments mine has. i described it in my earlier post, does it sound like your daughters? the top of my bumcrack looks like a Y  instead of just I, and the V part is a knobbly bony bit...if that makes sense :/ it gets me down everyday, i feel sick every time i think about it which is alot..it bothers me alot more now i have my daughter, because its all my fault that shes got it and i just know shes gonna hate me for it when shes older.hope your daughter gets answers, every time i see my doctor about it they just say its because im skinny...none of my other skinny friends have this problem though!
hi everyone
                   i to have this problem, and my bum crack looks very simular to the photo of natalia_7's except i think mine is a fraction bigger. i have had mine since birth, i have one brother and one sister and neither of them have this problem neither does my mother although my father had the same thing, he was very skinny and i am also at 50kg's.i dont beleive it is from being skinny though.
i dont get pain when sitting on cushioned surfaces or sitting upwards on the floor but i get pain when i lay flat on hard surfaces even carpeted floor, i cant do sit up's or anything like that and when laying down on a hard surface i usually have to lean on one bum cheek so it doesnt hurt. also if i have to lay down on a hard surface like a tanning bed i have to put my knee's up to take the pressure off it.
i also have had a baby girl and her bum crack is abnormal also, she is 10 months, but when she was born no doctors or nurses said anything about it. i have never been to the doctors about it but might take my daughter.
i do get embaressed about this but i just think to myself 'its me' and if males dont like it then they dont have to look at it as far as im concerned and if im dating someone i dont say anything unless they ask and when they do i just say i have a back problem and it actually causes pain on occassion's ect. they are usually understanding.
as for my daughter when she is old enough and asks question's im just going to tell her she is beautiful and that she is normal in everyway, im not going to be overly concerned or tell her to be embaressed and she is deformed, if i do she will only result in low self esteem about it and i dont want that for her like i had.
also if anyone else has been to doctors and gotten reults i would love to hear about it.

thank you so much for this forum
i have the same problem and i really want to remove this one,i haven't find the way to do it yet, we are in the same boat.
Hi every,
This bump above the butt, is not part of the normal curve.  Most of you probably feel numb in the spot and notice that the bump is slightly above the butt cheeks/crack; this is caused by improper posture from an early age.  The most common cause is that you sat on your "tailbone" (so instead of the straight up posture when sitting, you slumped back in your chair, or leaned back so your weight shifted onto the upper part of your butt/near the bump instead of directly on the flat plane part adjacent to your thighs).  In that case, you will need to get chiropractor help, or massages on the bump to try to remold the bone or at least decrease the degree of protrusion. While it is aesthetically unwanted, it can also cause back pains later on in life.
I'm a 14 old boy and I hurt my tailbone when I was 9-10 years old. I had pain until 11 years when I couldn't understand these things very well. I went to check a doctor (which is a friend of my parents and has helped them cure nearly everything) and the doctor and he just said that it was normal because I was skinny. But I don't think it's normal, I couldn't believe it when my doctor told that to me, I mean he saw the deformed and large tailbone with his eyes. Even if I was fat, the tailbone would hurt hurt and would be visible, maybe a little bit less visible than in the current form. My parents now won't take me to a doctor because they claim if I eat too much the tailbone will be gone but THAT'S IN NO WAY POSSIBLE. They can't understand this and I think my life now is screwed. I play basketball and do fitness but I have quitted a long time ago because I can't do situps and many other things. I can't do a lot of things in basketball ex: side running because the tailbone hurts and I don't feel comfortable, I'm afraid of hurting my tailbone again (I once did and couldn't walk or run like a normal person). My friend keep blaming me sometimes because I'm slow but sometimes I play very very great expect I can't do a boxout from my tailbone. The tailbone limits me to do anything, and people without deformed large problem can't understand this. I'm glad a group of people here understand perfectly in what situation I am. I'm seeking for help in the internet. I am glad I found this one. I'm already doing squats and other exercises. I guess the only thing left to do is to make my butt bigger so the tailbone doesn't hurt anymore. But I don't want to be like a girl, so I hope a cure that will get your tailbone smaller or whatever just to not be visible and to not give problems.. that'd be great. Sorry if I'm fantasizing but that's it. Sorry for grammatical errors.
I want a better cure than doing squats and you all want the same cure so don't stay in that PC chair, go seek for help. Thanks for understanding.
So I have a question to .. I feel that my tailbone is to big. I dont have a tail or anything but it does stick out. I try to do some exercises where I lift my legs up this leaves me rocking on my rear.. It hurts to do this, I want to exercise but not if it causes pain. Now I have a small sore where I was rocking that I didnt notice until this morning, it caused me to freak out. I have known that I have an unusual tail bone but this is the first time I have noticed how much it hurt ?
Wow I'm so glad I'm not alone I've bin looking for someone that has the same problem as me! Mine is also like a little bump at the top of my butt crack. It hurts when I do sit ups or lay in an smears place. Other than that I don't have a problem with it, its really just embarrassing to me...I'm ALWAYS afraid my friends who see me dress or partners will make fun of it. I so have scoliocis (I don't know how to spell that) and I hate that too although its not as noticeable as my crack...I've bin looking if anyone has got a surgery for it also, I really just want it gone or shaved down like a bunyan on a foot
I have this as well!  I always thought I was the only one with this weird deformity.  I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one.  Mine isn't painful unless I push hard on it or if I'm sitting on a hard surface or trying to do sit-ups.  

Mine is a protruding bump, then an indention, and then my butt crack.  It doesn't look like it protrudes very much, but it's very prominent when felt.  I really wish there was something I could do about it as it makes me insecure.  

Photos on my profile.
i two have the two nots pratruding on my tail bone its almost like my tail bone is backwards. i have been in pain scence i had my daughter 8 months ago but my butt bone was like that scence i was born
I have a protruding tail bone too. I am a 38 year old lady. It has got worse after pregnancy. I also struggle to sit on hard surfaces if I slouch. It almost looks like my buttocks start too low down my back. Anyway, I just wanted to say to the people that feel embarrassed, I have been married for 16 years to a man that loves my bottom, in fact it is his favourite place of me (well, that and my legs). He used to be a model, looks a lot like a Johnny Depp/Antonio Banderas mix. My aim is not to be egotistical. It is just to say that I do not even notice that I have a protruding coccyx most of the time due to him making me feel so beautiful in how he compliments me etc. There is hope, when you meet someone whose opinion counts. And yes, one of my exes did draw my attention to my weird bottom. So have experienced that too.
I also have a "large tailbone" one thing I noticed is that if I do butt exercises then it makes the musscles look more round and "normal" but if I don't you can really tell that my tailbone sticks out a lot and looks odd. Hope this helps.
Hi All,

I'm 27 and I've had this problem for years.  My sister also has it but we've also both broken our coccyx so I'm not sure whether genes play a role or not.  I now work in an office and the pain has become quite unbearable. Looking at diagrams of the spine, I think it's the sacrum rather than the tail bone sticking out (at least for me).  Mine is about 10cm across and sits at the base of my back, above my crack. Surgery isn't an option due to the risk of it being ineffective or making it worse (don't believe surgeons if they tell you otherwise). My best solution for sitting has been to use a half back lumber support cushion and cut the middle out so that there's no pressure on the area.  I also sit on my side with my legs curled up next to met, making sure I spend an equal amount of time on both sides (although my physio says to keep this to a minimum). I've trialed kneeling chairs too, and they are brilliant. If I could use one at work I'd do that.  Regarding the cosmetic issue, I've learnt to accept that this is part of my body.  This is something that can't really be changed so I continuing to dwell on it won't help. I focus in the things I do like about my body (easier said than done).  Hope this helps!
i hv a tail bone since 2 months. i v some mild pain while sitting.hv lost 16 kgs since 1 yr .is that a possible reason?  wht is this new prob i hv now?wt must i do bout it
Hello Lady Tail,
i liked what you had to say on
your outlook to your lets say your  physical trait, you learn to live with like a way of life through your youth and adolescent life.
May i ask does any of your family members share this trait !

Rock on Lady Tail
.
P.S. are you as good looking as your husband!!!
All the best to you both.
Tamerlame.
Hello again
how did your mother teach you to fall without breaking your backbone then neck if you accidentally did fall on your Achilles heal if you understand what i am saying.
A genuine question friend and thank you for sharing this to all involved .
Wish my mother told me, worked it out for myself though even though did not realize how fatal a negative fall could be resulting in being paralyzed.
Look forward to hearing from you sometime soon i hope.
All the best Mr Grumpy!
Tamerlame...
I have the same thing as you and the pain is getting worse day by day. it is so hard to sit and the bones feel like it cuts my skin. It gets very sore irritated and at times gives me scores. They stick out so far and I have dimples on each side of them and it does look like it is a small stub like a dogs tail. it does not matter if I was over weight or thin, I have tried both nothing works to get the pain to go away..... it is just getting worse!
Just want to share my experience here. I'm a 21 year young guy living with a protruding tailbone ever since I was 13. It is still unknown why I did not have this problem at all before I was 13. It might be that I fell on my tailbone a couple of times when I was young and somehow did not notice that it became deformed/dislocated/etc.

What started as a protruding coccyx (little bit red and itchy at the skin in the buttocks) I went to several doctors/orthopedic surgeons/etc. but nobody would take my problem serious and just told me to live with it. So I did, and while sitting was really uncomfortable, I still continued for years to get used to it and sit on it anyway which put a lot of pressure on the coccyx/sacrum.

After a couple of years sitting on it, I noticed that the protruding coccyx (which was visible back then) started to slowly get pushed INWARDS. And even though it became less and less visible with the eye, even to the point that it the protrusion isn't visible at all anymore now, and people who look at at would see nothing anymore.. The more my tailbone gets pushed inwards due to sitting, the more problems I get with my back (stiffness), and my posture is significantly getting worse. While I could sit up straight 8 years ago, I am losing my balance with sitting straight now. My lower back became more stiff over time, after that I started to get problems with a chronic stiff neck. Even after visiting chiropractors/physiotherapists for years, the help would only be temporary, and right now 1 hour after treatment my neck is stiff again, and they cannot "loosen" the stiffness in my back anymore as it became too stiff now.

During these years I've tried consulting numerous doctors, even flew to visit a coccyx specialist Dr. Maigne in Paris, who made sitting/standing x-rays, but refused to provide me with surgery and simply assumed that it would get better if I gained more weight (which is absolutely false, I went from 48 kg to 63 kg and it has nothing to do with the tailbone problems).

As if the stiff back and neck problems weren't enough, it doesn't stop getting worse, and I am getting more problems every few months. At the moment, I have lost even more balance at my pelvis while setting, which causes my legs to get numb after sitting for a while. While sleeping, I have to switch positions over 20-30 times every night, as each position will cause numbness in either my legs or arms/shoulder. Lying on my stomach with a pillow under it feels most comfortable, but will cause numbness as well and is really bad for my neck.

And many more symptoms that words can't easily explain to somebody who never experienced the same problem.

Recently I've even visited many different hospitals and doctors in China, and even they would not take my problem serious simply because the coccyx itself doesn't hurt. Nobody believes me when I tell them all the stiffness/nerve problems are related to my coccyx (due to increasing bad posture).

Even though doctors assure me this won't happen, I am still afraid to end up in a wheel chair or having severe back issues such as hernia. It is just a matter of time. My back problems started since 5 years, and getting worse as time goes by, I don't even want to imagine how bad it will be when I turn 30, or 40, or 50, etc. (Currently studying business and will probably get a office job, which would make things even worse).

The most frustrating part of this is that even now, with all the symptoms that I am suffering with, when people look at me from the outside, they think that I am perfectly healthy just like them. (But if I didn't have this coccyx problem at all, I would look even triple as healthy).

Sometimes I really feel depressed about it, especially at times when I feel that my posture has drastically changed and completely feel immobile for a few days until you body adapts to getting used to it again. This problem has taken away my hobbies from me, and I find it unfair that I cannot do many of the exercises like everybody else while hitting the Gym. But I learnt that the most important thing is to STAY motivated in everything you do, and even if it gets really hard, try to keep a positive mind and think about the fact that there are millions of other people in the world who have it MUCH worse than you. (Even though this problem bothers me every single minute of the day, I would still prefer this 100 times over life threatening diseases such as cancer/aids). And seeing that some people who are paralyzed from their feet up till their chest, and still motivated to enjoy life, I continue thinking that I should not whine that much at all.

Still hope one day to miraculously bump into a surgeon who agrees to remove this bone for me, and I wish you all the best.
have the same problem a large knot the seems larger over the past four years and bends like a perfect L into my body. It took four hours of pushing to deliver my first child and his skull was nearly crushed. My dad used to kick me with steel toed cowboy boots there and hit me with boards but the bone is so thick it broke them in half. Maybe god prepared some people for a fall he looked forward and seen in our lifee.
I'm in my late 50s, I've had the 2 knobs sticking out above my butt crack as long as I can remember.  I just figured it was from falling out of a tree, or falling off my bike, or falling down the stairs... I was an active kid.  I've never noticed it much, except when doing situps on a hard surface.  So I put a pad under my tail then, otherwise I'll rub the skin off.  I did hundreds of situps a night as a teenager, I never let this slow me down.  I never felt self-conscious about it.  Recently a new partner was giving me a massage and asked me if I knew I had a big cyst above my butt, and I had no idea what she was talking about.  I had her take pictures of it to show me, and I laughed when I saw it.  I just told her, "That's part of my spine, it sticks out."  Nothing to be self-conscious about for me.  That's how I'm built, as much as the scars from my active life and everything else.  I sure as heck wouldn't worry about what somebody thinks about it, if they do then that's their problem.  If I was the vain type I might do a tattoo to highlight it in some way, but I just continue to ignore it as I always have.  
i am a 51 year old female, heavier than i used to be...my fat has somewhat obscured the two bony lumps that are right over my but crack,,i can bend over now without them showing through my clothes.  i can still see them and feel them but not as much as when i was skinny...i have always been self conscious about my bony lumps and my ex husband literally tormented me about my bony lumps. this forum is the first time i have ever heard of anyone having the same problem.  i intend to stay a little overweight because of the extra padding around my bony lumps . it makes them not noticeable in my clothes. I have been teased about them in the past, and i was humiliated. i was never comfortable being intimate except with one partner that i spent 5 years with. he passed away last year and i will always miss him......i have never come to terms with this deformity
I'm 41-years-old and have had a protruding tailbone as long as I can remember.  I hear everyone talk about how it bothers them, I've certainly had my share.  I've never gone to an orthopedic about it, however, I've been to chiropractors, and also tried neuromuscular therapy, which helps a little.  Going to such practices can be costly, which is the bind that I'm in now.  I'm hoping that I can find some practical exercises that could help.  Has anyone come up with some new resources?
I was just watching embarrassing bodies and thought I'd search for my 'condition' again, I completely forgot I'd found this forum and had left a message on here, 4 years ago now. There has been various comments since I left mine and I'm still shocked at how many of you suffer from the same thing yet there is hardly any information surrounding it.

I just wanted to say although it still bothers me from time to time I've learnt to live with it. I have found that only I really notice it! As for being intimate I've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years now and although I've never properly showed him he is very supportive about it and he always tells me how much he loves my bum, which gives me great confidence!! My advise will be to not let it get you down, yes from time to time you'll probably think about it but only you will really care. If your worried about getting intimate then please don't be, men can be very kind and caring when it comes to sensitive issues like these and if you've found the right guy they should support you through it!!

I hope most of you who have posted on this forum have gone on to live happy confident lives, don't let it bring you down guys!! :)
I have a large tail bone and found out I have spina bifida oculta.
I am 21 and all my life since i can remember i have had a boney butt until one day i realized i had a small peice of extra fat at the end of my tail bone. Its not noticeable when i stand up because my butt muscles are more bigger but since i got into cross fit i feel self conscious thinking people might see my tail bone sticking out. Im hoping just to keep building my butt and legs and back muscles and it might not be so noticeable and stretch lots. It ***** i have a lot of confidence and i feel like i could never be in a relationship because of this fact. Or even join competitions because people with notice it while checking my form. This really gets me down sometimss but ive learned to not be sad for to long about it.

I have the same problem. I think mine is from falling onto a sharp rock as a child. That was over 40 years ago. I notice it more when I am thinner.
I too have a prominent tailbone.  Never really bothered me up to now (I'm 63) and does'nt bother me now really except I am doing lots of yoga these days and cannot do one particular yoga pose.  Never mind, just put lots of padding under the bum and carry on - there are far worse things and, yes, it is a little bit of an unusual feature - stand out from the crowd as it were :o) - never had a problem with intimacy - that might be a larger problem of self esteem generally perhaps?

I have the exact same issue! Both bumps stick out and ones way bigger. I have actually considered butt implants as well in my sorrow. I was wondering if you have gotten anymore info on this? Also how have you e mailed doctors? It's real interesting the type of feedback you've gotten. Please let me know!
Your tailbone will look bigger if it sticks out more. Sometimes this is a sign your really skinny. Or you having really damaged it yet like the most of us who have fallen on our butts as kids. Or your big boned and it just occurs to you when u feel it. Try no to sit back on it or this can cause spinal problems.