I have a lump in my vagina?!?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have a lump in my vagina?!?!

Well I am 12 years old, 13 in march, but yesterday wich was 12/23/12 I noticed I had a lump/bump like thing in  my vagina.  I noticed this because when I was walking it hurt in a certain area (i was on my period at this time and still am), well anyways when I went to the bathroom I looked in the spot that it hurt, and felt around and found a lump/bump thing about the size of a very small pea, It is like right above where my vagina starts to open inside on like the side of the lip. I told my mom, and she asked if I wanted to  go  to the doctor, but I am scared, and uncomfortabel to go  to the doctor about something like this (plus the doctor office I go to has no wemon doctors, so if they had to look down there a man would have to do that, and im toatally not ok with that!). Also I masturbate by dry humping my gigantic teddy bear with no panties, could this cause some infection like a germ off of it. I have searched this topic and am scared about having cancer or something down there. Please help, and if I do have to go to the doctor will I have to say I masturbate if they ask, because I dont want no one to know I do! Please answer I a mscared to death! :( Also should   I masturbate while I  have this lump/bump thing in my vagina?!
Sincerly,
A very scared girl! :((
From what you describe it is a Skene's gland infection. You have openings for two of them in that area. These infections are not uncommon and sometimes go away on their own. Soaking in a hot bath can sometimes help them to drain. And yes, humping your teddy bear may have contributed. Try using something a little less abrasive.  You can find more information on the Net. Good luck.
Thank you so much for replying! I a relieved now :P
I reasearched more about this skenes gland infection, and it says that it might be the sign of cancer in my vagin, is this true?! :o
I Had the same problem.! i still have it it last for a week and im 12 to ive had my period and i masturbate with a pillow but with clothes
What is up with ya'll humping your teddy bears and pillows? Using an electric toothbrush is where it's at!
Yeah I have the same at the moment and I scared if its Cancer. I don't want to tell my mum. I feel uncomfortable telling anyone. I hump my teddies sometimes i'm going to stop that now! But i'm not on my period yet. Please someone tell me I don't have Cancer, im starting to worry. Also I have a family history in Cancer. My brother died from it and so did my Aunty.
I have the same problem. I'm 12 and have not yet started my period. It hurts to touch and can hurt when walking. I don't want to tell anyone as I am uncomfortable with it