I have a small, sore, pimple-like lump on vagina?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I just noticed that there is a small lump on my vagina, in the fold between my left labia minora and labia majora (in other words not actually inside my vagina, but in the fold), it's firm/hard and maybe 1/3 or 1/4 the size of a pea, a little bit sensitive/sore to the touch (kinda the way a pimple fees if you touch it before it's ready to pop) i noticed it last night before i was going to bed, and at that point it was red, mildly sore, and a bit raised. now, it is more raised (not bigger, just raised up more) almost looks whitish in the center like a pimple, and is a bit more sore than last night. so... what is it? it came out of nowhere. i know i don't have any std's or anything, i haven't had sex in 6 months and have only ever had sex with my boyfriend, who also has only ever had sex with me. and i am 20 years old if that helps.
it's not really bothering me a lot physically (it only hurts when i touch it) but it has me all freaked out because my boyfriend, who i have not seen in about 6 months, is finally coming to visit next week and i have a hotel booked and everything so that we can spend our first night together doing... well, you know... and scared that if this little lump gets worse, it will prevent me from having sex next week. I have had no problems at all with my vagina and now this little thing appears a week before he gets here! i hope i'm just over reacting though, if it were not for the fact that my boyfriend was visiting soon i probably wouldn't even be worried about it. Can somebody please tell me what this is? can i treat it myself, and is there a chance it go away on it's own? If so, how long do these things usually take to go away? all the info I've found online has been scaring me with worst-case scenarios :/ thanks for your help!
well it could just be a pimple. Yes you can get them there. If you are sure it isnt a pimple why dont you try having your mom or a close friend look at it. If you are sure it is not an STD then maybe you should think about making an appointment with you doctor. If you cant afford to go see a Doctor go to planned parenthood and they can help. Good luck and keep us posted.
If there is just one and it appeared so quickly my bet is that it is a pimple. I found one in my bikini area when I was shaving to go swimming this summer - it hadn't been there even 2 days ago. Eventually the head was rubbed off, it drained and I made sure to wash the area gently everyday. It healed right up.

It is a freaky experience though to try and look up information on the internet though. The pictures were horrifying. Calm yourself down a bit and go see a doctor or gynocologist.

While you're there, get a PAP smear/ STD test (yes you say you don't have any, but how can you turn down the opportunity to have a doctor tell you that you're in perfect health?) done. You're supposed to get them done regularly after you become sexually active.
It sounds like the bart??? cyst. I had that 3 years ago. At first it was pimple size, then pea size then it hurt to sit. I finally had to go to the hospital to get it removed. bartholomew is what i call it, something weird. Its  a gland that releases wetness during arousal, it gets plugged up. It really hurts and they will put you under. Good luck and let us know your OKay.
if you shave down there then its a good chance that it is a ingrown hair
ya its defenetely a pimple only.you just ignore if it is not wet if yes you need to consult a doctor.B'cause it can hurt you when you mess with your boy friend,Good luck & keep in tuch.
I have a bump on my labia minora went to the doctor and they said it was a ingrown hair particle that got infected and if it gets big and hurt go to the doctor and get it removed.
Ok so all of this information has calmed me down yet put my anxiety in overdrive. I, too, noticed a red bump on the outside of my vagina (not good with medical terminology). It's the size of a spider bite but is sore like a pimple. There is only one. I do shave, however, this really doesn't show many of the normal "shave bumps" signs. I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it but my boyfriend DOES have hsv2. I was under the impression that it can only be spread during an outbreak. We are sooooo careful . He has had it for 20 years and has never given it to someone else. I don't know what to think. I was always under the impression that herpes bumps had far different characteristics from this simple red, bump. Only sore to the touch. No itchiness or discharge. Please help
I'm 19 years old I'm sexually active with my partner but I made him get checked before we had sex and he has no diseases but after month ago we had sex I notcie I have a lump kinda by my vignal area and it hurts and aces sometimes and I have like a pimpel kinda by it and its red kinda by my vaginal area can someone help me idk what it is
My name is megan

I really need help I got 3 swollen lumps inside my vagina its on the inside of the skin of the skin were idk what u call it but its the flappy skin anyway I never had sex and I can't see it my mom said its blue or purple and its really painful she tries to see if its a pimple she squeezed and she said doesn't look like its ready and I'm freaking out its really painful I've got school soon I'm 15 and its painful to walk and sit whatever I do its painful and I really need help idk what it is my mom thinks its a pimple but I'm on achnetone 30 thing number and I don't think its a pimple I never help idk how to get rid of it I'm scared and in pain I used to be on 20 pills a day for my achne (acne) and my teeth and very bad ear infection all 4 of my wisdoms were removed idk if its a side effect can't go to Dr cause I'm shy of my body please help asap thx
It sounds like the exact same thing I have now and I am also freaking out. Did you ever figure out what it was? I have a doctor's appt in a few days, but it's just a regular doctor and not a gyno and I'm worried about being misdiagnosed. I just want to deal with it and get rid of whatever it is.
Ive got one too! Its just a pimple, I recently dry shaved so I think this is the cause it should go over the next few days! I have been having protected sex with my boyfriend so I know its nothing like an std everyone with anxiety CALM DOWN. It's fine honestly im the biggest over thinker you can imagine! I get a sore neck and google that! Ladies we will all be fine x
KTowne, and pb95 commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Vikki2 is ...Joyful and Content Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals