I have a small spot growth on my bottom lip and I wondered if I should ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have a small spot growth on my bottom lip and I wondered if I should worry

Hi this probably sounds daft

but one morning I woke up and a small spot was on the bottom of my lip I thought nothing f it but after 8 weeks it is still there.  I am worried that it is a cancer growth I hav tried to squeeze it and nothing comes out of it.  It dosn't seem to be getting bigger but am feeling very worried and concious of it when people look at me appart from seeing the doctor is there any advice someone could give me or has anyone had a similar experience

Thankyou for taking the time to read this

Caz xx
Hi What color is this spot?You didn't mention that in your posting.Is it the same color as your skin tone?If it is worrying you go to your family doctor and have them look at it.Then you will know for sure.Take Care TNT406.
First of all, don't jump to conclusions and worry yourself over something that might be nothing.  I had a spot like you described on my lower lip too (small white spot in the center) that I lived with for years (seemed like one day it wasn't there and the next it was?).  I used to be very self-concious of mine too but after a while it just became a part of me.  A few months ago I went to have a skin tag removed from the back of my neck and I figured it didn't hurt to ask about the spot on my lip.  My DR told me it was somewhat of a cyst-like growth and it could be removed if that's what I wanted.  Well after being so self-concious about it for so long, of course I jumped at the chance.  He burned it (very painful.) It scabbed up and was very dark for a few days, but after a week, you could barely tell it was there. Now you'd never know it was ever there.  Good luck with whatever you decide and I hope I've helped you ;)