I have pressure and pain in my bladder and urethra areas and feel the need to urinate often without much sucess.
I have been struggling off and on for about 4 months or so now with this problem. I have the constant feeling that I need to urinate very badly and I have mild pain and pressure in my bladder and urethra areas. I have had at one point some microscopic blood in my urine and have had all sorts of test and a papsmear done to check for anything and everything. They found nothing. I did not have anything in my urine that showed a UTI or bladder infection either. I did however, at one point have something (they did not know what) in my left kidney. I had another xray done a week or more later , and the thing that was in my kidney was gone. The symptoms went away all together. Now here it is a couple weeks later and my symptoms of the bladder pressure and urgency to urinate have returned. I do not have blood in my urine this time and do have the signs of a UTI in my urine at this time. At night the pressure and feeling that I have to urinate is so irritating! It makes it very hard to sleep. Anyone know what this could be?
You could have a U.T.I. this time. There is a urine test that you can buy at your local drug store called AZO. It test for white blood cells and nitrites which is common with U.T.I. It also sounds like you might of had a kidney stone, but I not a doctor. Just a guess. I hope you feel better soon.
i have the EXACT symptoms! i am going crazy. going to the gyno but last one couldnt find anything!  im checking for ovarian cancer this time. oh the one thing that seems to miraculously ease my pain is accupuncture. she concentrates on the kidney spleen yang. i do it weekly.find someone that does sliding scale if u need it. its totally available. so maybe our kidneys are f-ed up. i am so desperate though. i feel ur pain!!!!
sounds like a UTI or Bladder infection. I agree with picking up some Azo.
My problem started with quite a bit of blood in my urine and a constant back ache.  This lasted for about three days.  Then one afternoon I began feeling a sharp pain in my right kidney.  Hours later this subsided as did the blood in my urine.  Then a couple of days later the blood came back, the back ache went away, but I was feeling as if my bladder was going to fall out of my body.  Then a day or two later the bladder pressure became much more severe, almost constant.  I took Azo for three days and then saw a doctor.  This was almost a week ago.  They cultured my urine but I have not heard back about the results so I can only assume it showed nothing unusual.  He put me on Macrobid for seven days.  I am on day five and the pressure has not gotten better.  It seems worse when I am laying down at night and also when my bladder is empty.  I am at the end of my rope.  He also did a pap and have heard nothing about it being abnormal.  I will probably ask for a scan to see if I have bladder stones.
I have been complaining since January that I have back pain that wakes me up at night, and pain in my abdomen.  They have done CT scans, and blood tests that show nothing, except that my lymphocytes are low.  My pain is worse when my bladder is full, yet I am going to the bathroom like every 15 to 30 minutes, and even several time during the night.  The only way I can sleep is if I am sitting up, when I lay flat my back pain is excruciating.  My blood pressure has also gone up substantially this year too, and I keep waking up with bruising and blood blisters under the skin, that are primarily on my left side.  I've seen a gyno, a gastroenterologist, and had a stress test.  No one has found anything, and my family thinks I'm a hypochondriac.  The only person that seemed to believe me was my physical therapist.  I am going to a different dr. this time and am going to insist that he refers me to a urologist.  Is is possible to have cysts in the bladder without having blood in the urine?  Anyway have any suggestions, please help.
I am having the same thing for about 3 weeks non stop. My bladder feels full all the time and pressure in the urethra area. I went to the dr today and no UTI just alittle blood and bacteria in the results but they said it wasn't a uti. So they scheduled me to see a diff dr on valentines day. My dr said that it could be Stress Urinary Incontinence but Feb 14 is so long away and the pressure is annoying and disrupting my life.
I know what your talking about. I have been in the same boat for over 7 years. They even found a tumor on my kidney, I had it removed it came back negative. So I lost a kidney for nothing.I am a nurse and cant find help. I have decided to let the high bp caused by this. ( its now 180/120) to do its thing.If anyone has a answer I would love to hear from you. I really cant take it anymore. I never sleep laying down, never have sex, my life is **** because of it. I feel like a hot poker is stuck up inside my bladder and I just test positive for luekacytes. It gets more frequent, three times is a good week now. I really wish I could say something positive but frankly death is going to be such a relief. I am really not a drama queen. I really mean it. AZO does help with a tramadol. I has gotten me thru 7 years of it. But it gets more frequent and painfull. If you have means to get help get it. Been to uro's, gyno's and nephros. No help.