I haven't had a period in 8 months.
Ok so where do I start. I'm 17 going on 18 soon, and I haven't had my period in about eight months. I immensely dislike visiting the doctor as most people do, and I'm not sure what to do. Actually in our town, we don't have many doctors.. About one.. So the closest is the city, about two hours away from where I am. Ok so I have been sexually active, but that was less than a month ago, and it hasn't happened since. I smoke, cigarettes of course, I dont eat too much( not as much as I should, still enough) and I drink plenty of fluids. I work myself to the ground tbh, seven days a week, 12 hours a day, and I'm not sure what's going on... Anything I missed out, any questions please comment and I'll answer as soon as possible. Any form of help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
It might be the change in your body(hormones) from constantly working. Stress can be a cause too. But it would be worth going to a gynecologist for. Just to be on the safe side.. best of luck!
Hello there, are you underweight? I think you might have amenorrhea due to the constant physical stress and poor eating habits you have mentioned. I had the same problem when I was your age, and did not have my period for about 15 months. I then decided to eat healthier, gained a few pounds, and started menstruating again. It is important for your body to be at it's proper weight in order for it produce estrogen and be fertile. Please visit a doctor! I did not like going to the doctor either, and just recently I had to get surgery for an ovarian tumor in which I had for years, but never knew about it until I finally got checked. I am only 23.