I havent had my period for a long time please someone help me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm 15. I got my period when I was 10. I never really had regular periods, they would come every couples months and the flow would be very heavy, sometimes I could have it for over a week, from what I can remember; but I am extremely scared. I haven't had my period for over 6 months! I don't remember when my last period was....... I had some spotting in other months. I'm not very skinny, I'm normal, so, i know its not that. Can someone please tell me whats wrong with me?  I don't have bad acne and when i had my period I never got cramps but I do have more facial hair than most girls that I know. If it helps, I've been kind of stressing out through the whole school year about my grades.
Stress and a hormonal imbalance.  Getting on birth control, whether sexually Active or not helps with this, it regulates you to where you get one every month. It also helps acne and helps prevent ovarian cancer! Ask parents about it.
Hi there and welcome.  Dear, at 15, the idea of getting on birth control to regulate periods should be discussed with your doctor and mother.  

We should not be promoting a treatment plan for someone here as we are not doctors.  

Birth control like all drugs does have side effects and some women do fine and others don't.  In general it is well tolerated though.  However, again, this is a discussion for you, your mother and your doctor.

Now, being underweight and extremely physically active along with stress could be a culprit for a delayed cycle.  however, 6 months is a long time for that.  I really think it is a great idea for you to see your doctor for a gynecological exam.  You mention facial hair which is associated with polycystic ovaries but women are not usually underweight that have this issue.  Anyway, it is really best to run this by your doctor and get true medical help to understand what is going on.  I had periods that were 3 to 4 months apart due to a slow thyroid.  A fast thyroid can also cause an issue with cycles.  Lots of possibilities.  

Are you sexually active?   If so, you must be VERY careful at this time.  You will not know when you're ovulating with such delayed, irregular cycles.  Use a condom (which you should anyway, even if you end up on birth control pills.)  

good luck and please let me know how it turns out.  
No, I'm not sexually active and I am not under weight. I'm going to my doctor anyway next month to have him fill out some papers for swimming, I'll ask him about it then..
Yes, I think that is a good plan.  Hopefully your doctor will be able to figure this out for you sweetie.  good luck!