I haven't had my period in a year and 8 months.
I am 15 and I haven't had my period in a year an 8 months and I'm not sexually active. But I don't want to go to the doctors because I'm not fully comfortable with my body yet. So I was wondering why I'm so late!?!
You need to go to the doctor's.  Something is not right and it is important that it gets checked out.
What do you think could be wrong?! I really really don't want to go to the drs..
Aaawww!  Don't worry, sweetie, this is normal at your age. :-)  Women do not begin having regular periods until their twenties sometimes.  Some become regular sooner, some don't.  Both are okay as long as there is nothing else wrong.  And GOOD FOR YOU remaining a virgin!  Please continue to do so, as that is best until you are older.  And talk to our mom about this stuff, too... she knows you best. :-)  God bless - Blu
Thanks so much:) and I have talked to my mom and friends and a lot of my friends have had the same problem and the were put on birth control to regulate it but I seriously do not want a dr to check me out down there. It's so embarrassing. My friends just got put on birth control without getting checked but my mom said if I were to chose to get put on birth control that she would want me to go to an obgyn and get a papsmear..and I definitely don't want that..I just hope I'm not like infertile. I'm just scared I guess..
I think the most she would do is give you a blood test to check hormone levels.  Unless you are sexually active, there is no reason for someone your age to have a pap smear as the last standing order was 6 months after becoming sexually active or age 21--whichever came first.

A pelvic examination would probably not even be warranted.  My doctor could check my ovaries' sizes by feeling through my abdomen.
Okay! Thanks!! But the thing I'm worried about is if I go to the drs and they decide to check me out down there instead of just a simple blood test..,?
If they feel the need to, then they will, but I very highly doubt it.  If they do, make sure you stress you are a virgin and insist on a female doctor who will understand that she needs to use extra lube and such to make it comfortable.

Trust me, it is way better you get any test you need than to put it off.  Then, if it ends up you needed it, the condition could be way worse.  To me, this sounds more likely due to a hormonal thing because of your age, so it is unlikely you'll get more than a blood test and birth control pills.

But again, since you are not sexually active, you have not had any chance of coming into contact with HPV so they wouldn't need to do a pap smear.  If they do a pelvic exam, it's more annoying than anything else, but it doesn't hurt if you get a good doctor who knows what she is doing.
As you haven't had a period in 1 year and 8 months, you either have polycystic ovaries, a hormonal imbalance or your diet is so low in nutrients and minerals that you are anaemic.

If you are very thin because you are not eating correctly, you will be suffering from anaemia and this can stop normal periods.

May sure you eat properly and healthily.  Cut out or cut down on junk foods and fizzy drinks.  Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg, drink milk and yogurts, eggs, fish and meat.  You may also benefit from a multi-vitamin with iron.

But it would be advisable for your doctor to check out why you have not had a period for such a long time.  The doctor would more than likely start of by taking a blood test to check for any abnormalities like a hormone imbalance or your blood levels.
What's HPV!?!
Okay thanks:)
HPV = Human papillomavirus.  It's asymptomatic in most males, but it can cause cervical cancer in females and is passed through sexual contact.  A pap smear scrapes off a few cells from your cervix to check for any abnormal cells and signs of HPV presence.

Shots like Guardisal protect against strains of HPV that are most likely to cause these unwanted things.  It does not protect against all strains, but they have weeded out which ones they think are most likely to cause these cancers and should help your body have an immune response before it can cause problems since it will recognize its cell markers.
Do you know any signs of this?