I haven't had my period since I stopped taking birth control

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi, I'm 19 and I started my period when I was 17 but it was an irregular period that was kind of brown, wouldn't come for a while and when it did it would last more than 2 weeks, I waited until I was 18 to see if my period would regulate itself but it didn't, so I went to the OBGYN and the doctor prescribed me birth control to help regulate my period. It worked fine and my period was normal, red, the usual. But I ran out of pills so I just stopped taking the pill. I've been on the pill for about maybe 6 months or 9 months, not even a year and I stopped June or July of this year. Ever since I stopped I haven't had my period. Is that normal? When I went to the doctor before, she check for tumors/cysts and I was clear of that, but it still worries me a little because it's been a while. So is it normal that I haven't had my period since I stopped taking birth control? I haven't had sex yet either, if that helps with this issue. Thanks for the help!! :))
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals