I need help..

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I need help..

Hello, I'm a 16 year old girl and I  am worried that there may be something wrong with me, I normally get my periods around the spring season and at the start of fall I start to skip, but last year I have gone on vacation and when I came back I had a normal period pattern, I am sexually inactive and waiting till marriage.

Recently I've gotten my period for every month until now and was expecting my period a few days ago, but instead I get a brown discharge than the normal blood, I recently started exercising but I've stopped due to schoolwork and stress, what might be the problem?
I'm afraid to go to the doctor or my gp in case they tell my parents and my parents are always suspecting me and my boyfriend are up to no good, but this is not the case, please help :(
If you are still a virgin, you should not be afraid to go to the doctor no matter what your parents might suspect.  The doctor can correct their suspicions if necessary.  As for where your period is, it could be late, or it could be missing this month because of the stress or the exercise.
It is probably the stress and exercise. Changes like that can cause skipped or delayed periods. The best thing to regulate your periods would be birthcontrol. I know you are not sexually active but there is more than one reason to be on the pill. How long have you had your period? I started when I was very young and was irregular for several years. I ended up getting on the pill because my periods were so erratic. It was wonderful. I could finally plan things ahead and not have to worry about starting and having to go home because my period was so bad. Best wishes, Sissie
Thank you for your response!
I started at the age of 13, it has been irregular ever since, I will try and book an appointment with my GP as Annie advised, I'm not too sure about the pills and my mother doesnt bintercourse if I suddelieve it, she might think Im having suddenly make a decision on taking the pills but I will ask my GP about it, thank you to both of you!
Sorry about the bottom paragraph, my phone did something weird, I will try and check out the pill and ask my GP
I hope you can get the pill and your mom don't freak maybe is she is with you when you talk to your gp and they suggest it she will not think you are just wanting to have sex. I know my life was miserable before I got on them. I would have no period for 3-4 months then have a very heavy period for two weeks! It was awful. Once the pills kicked in I had one every month for three days :D Loved it!!! lol Plus I was only on the pill for a few years and my periods are still normal. Best wishes, Sissie  
KTowne I think DH and I will be tr... Comment
Paxiled commented on Men How to Keep It UP...
Paxiled commented on Some Foods From The O...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals