I think I might have TSS
Today is the 3rd day of my period and I normally use tampons but change them at most every 6 hours normally 4 or 5. Anyway, today I have felt dizzy and tired and had diarrhea. I have no fever and I also didn't sleep well last night, and I have been on antibiotics for the last 5 days for a respiratory infection. I took out the tampon and I am using a pad but I don't know if I should go to the hospital or just wait and see how I feel tomorrow.
Toxic Shock Syndrome is EXTREMELY dangerous. You can go from dizziness and nausea to death in a matter of hours. Definately stay on a pad for this period and if you feel any worse go to the ER asap! Especially if you start getting a temperature. However, I will tell you that TSS is caused by a bacteria going haywire and causing a immune reaction. If you've been on antibiotics the past few days, you're less likely to have the bacteria living in your vaginal area because antibiotics tend to kill many more bacteria than the ones they are targeting.. which is why many women get yeast infections after taking them. The good bacteria is gone leaving space for the yeast to grow. That's besides the point. Anyway I honestly think you will be ok because the dizziness and fatigue is more likely to be caused by the infection you already have. But like I said, TSS is something you don't play around with. Go with your gut, if you think something is off and you're feeling worse within the next couple hours see the drs.