INFLAMED LABIA AND CLITORIS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

INFLAMED LABIA AND CLITORIS

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
I have read many postings for swelling of the labia and the actual vagina, but my clitoris has become more than treble the size overnight. It has grown more throughout the day, and is extremely red and inflamed. I am also having an unhealthy amount of discharge. It definitely isn't due to a latex allergy as my partner doesn't wear due to me being on the implant.
I have often felt sore down below after intercourse but nothing like this has ever happened before.
My partner swears blind he hasn't cheated so i'd love to prove him right and rule out the possibilty of STI's.
If anyone else has experienced this or may know what it is, pleeease get back to me as i am in terrible pain and too embarrassed to show my GP
I have been having a similar issue. Me clitoris and labias are severly inflammed, red, a bit swollen and constantly burns. PLease some one help!!
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year now, and have been sexually active for about 4-5 months. Last night we engaged in some really vigorous foreplay and almost immidiately after both sides of my labia were swollen and my clitoris to about 4 times regular size! No pain though, no burning. JUST MASSIVE! and quite tender and a light pink. Its very VERY difficult and uncomfortable to walk. This has happend to me before, on maybe 2 occasions, but just on one side. But both those other times we were pretty rough too. I've just been icing it every hour or so, and having hot baths to soothe the swelling, and its helping a bit.. but not much. I took some Advil and thats been helping also.

I was so scared this time, cause I've never seen it so bad. Luckly my boyfriend was still here when I noticed it. He took a look and said its most likely just swelling cause he was more rough than usual, and we hadnt done ANYTHING for about a week. I've heard from other forums that it could be a yeast infection.. though that makes no sense, cause i have no other symptoms. And ive had a yeast infection before. And I've heard it could be an infection and that if it doesnt clear up in about 3 days you should see a doctor. Ugghh i hate doctors.

Anyway I hope this helps. =)
It might just be a yeast infection if the discharge milky nd cottage cheese like nd some paind and soreness during sex check the symptoms and see if they apply =)
i had the exact thing happen to me last night after intercourse...and it was fast...i went into the bathroom and looked and literally was getting more swollen as i looked.....it was a bad pressure feeling and hard to walk...ive never had EVERYTHING swell like that...like 4xs normal size....anyone that has had this happen on here go to obgyn for it? i hate going so.... it just worried me. i had this happen a week ago from nothing...no intercourse but it wasnt AS bad help help
What you might have is a condition called vulvodynia. I guarantee you this is probably what you're experiencing. If you're prone to yeast infections, the probability of vulvodynia increases greatly. I've had several yeast infections this year and I've developed the symptoms, which led me to start researching yesterday.

Here's a link to WebMD: http://women.webmd.com/vulvodynia

Good luck!
I had to go to the hospital for it a couple months ago they said it was a yeast infection but they weren't for sure and they also said it was also a cyst from the size of the swollen area. It does seem that the vulvodynia diagnosis sounds almost exact what I went through instead. I've had symptoms arise from putting in tampons, to having sex, and roller blading to long and hard. What the doctors did suggest was to take a warm bath 3 times a day if you can for about 20 minutes soaking with some Epson salt and it did help the swelling go down but it did burn. All I can suggest is to take a bath and go to sleep and wake up and take another bath because when you wake up it for me is always so much more inflamed and painful. Don't scratch and I didn't find the medications for yeast infections to help at all for i was on them for over a week and a half on an earlier occasion and it never helped it. I was given antibiotics though from the doctor and it cleared up in no time with the help of the baths.

Good luck we all need it.