IS IT NORMAL TO BLEED DURING INTERCOURSE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

FOR THE LAST YEAR I HAVE BEEN BLEEDING DURING INTERCOURSE.  IS THAT NORMAL?  THE BLEEDING IS NOT LIGHT BUT SOMEWHAT MODERATE.  MY PARTNER ASKS ME "ARE YOU GETTING YOUR PERIOD AGAIN!"?  PERSONALLY I FEEL EMBARRASED AND IF ME AND MY PARTNER WHERE TO BREAK UP I WOULD FEEL SCARE TO HAVE SEX WITH SOMEONE ELSE KNOWING THAT, IT COULD HAPPEN AGAIN.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to see your GYN due to abnormal bleeding. You should not be bleeding like that after having sex. It could be a number of things as to why your bleeding, but first thing is to see your doctor. There is nothing to feel ashamed of, many ladies have these issues with abnormal bleeding but you need to get it taken care of.
yeast infections and bacterial infections can both cause bleeding after intercourse.  I agree with msniki.  go to the doctor so you don't continue to worry over something that probably isn't even a big deal.  good luck!