IUD, cramping and bleeding
Hi ladies
I have had my Mirena IUD for nearly 5 years. A little more than a year ago, my period (complete with PMS- weee) started up again. It doesn't last long but the PMS is really bad. Now, I have spotting and slightly heavier as well as bad cramps. This happens the day after intercourse but now it's happening even when I am simply aroused. And, though I am not spotting today, I have horrible cramps. Lucky me-- it's a holiday weekend and my gyn is closed. Anyone else experience this? What could it be? Is it just time to get the IUD removed?
Heeeeeeellllllpppp!
The mirena is only for five years. I personally had it for two years and it became very uncomfortable. Ive seen the mirena lately causing some problems. I suggest you see a doctor asap and possibly remove it asap. Hope all goes well
Thanks for the comment, Susana. I really appreciate it!
I'm sad that this issue became more serious for me on a holiday weekend. I got in touch with the doctor on call who told me to take Ibuprofen and see if it gets better; if not, I should "call during the week." I'm rather uncomfortable but won't go to the ER unless I really have to.
Thanks again! Be well.
--peach