IUD went out of place

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

IUD went out of place

Hello I have an IUD for 7 months.  I'm not really a user of tampons until two days ago, I tried it and it felt uncomfortable so I pulled it out fastly, I felt some cramps and I thought is just normal but when I got home and try to feel for my IUD strings.  I definitely felt more than just a string.  I could feel a little tip.  I scheduled an emergency appointment with PP and when they checked it, they said everything is fine.  I went home and checked and I cannot feel the little sharp tip anymore.  What the hell happened? Am I just dreaming? Should I consult a gynecologist to get an ultrasound just to be sure it's in place?
What is a PP?
If the PP said it's in place I would think you don't need to worry about it. Have you felt it sinse? Does everything still feel ok?
To ease your mind it wouldn't hurt to go in and get it checked out by a gyno.
Who put it in? I would go back to the person that put it in, and have them check it out. But my guess is that it's fine. Good luck!
oh i'm sorry.  PP is planned parenthood. This is the place where I got my IUD inserted but besides visual testing through a speculum they don't offer services like ultrasound or sonograms, etc.  I feel perfectly normal now.  My period is almost over and i stopped cramping.  I can't feel the tip anymore and I checked several times a day.  I think that everything is fine but an ultrasound would still be a perfect reassurance.
are you sure it was the tip? it could have "slipped out" and then gone back into place, when i checked my strinks once they poked me really hard, i thought it was falling out or something, but i guess i caught the string just right, ohhh i feel sorry for dh if he ever "caught it" like that ....ouch!