IUD

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

IUD

I have had my IUD for almost 3 years. For the most part it was great hardly any period and the convenience of not having to remember a birth control. But for the last 2 months its been causing me nothing but problems. I have had my period for almost 2 weeks now and its really heavy, lots of cramping. Even pain after sex. So i went to the doctor. She said she couldn't find it and that i would have to have an ultrasound done. My ultrasound isn't for another week. But really i'm scared, where would it go? Has anyone had this problem I need help
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
When an IUD is not found there can be various options. Either the IUD has been expelled out or it is in the uterus but the string has broken or it has been displaced outside the uterus. An ultrasound and x ray abdomen will find out where it is and depending on its situation it can be removed.
Hope this helps.
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
1 hr ago
Risa615 commented on Saw the babies again ...
jenniferand3 added the Pregnancy Tracker
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals