I'm afraid of tampons
I'm 13, and I've been using pads for two years. I'm a swimmer, so I really need to learn how to use tampons. I've been "researching" them this entire afternoon and my mom finally got home with the smaller ones. I couldn't ge it in, so I decided to use a mirror. So basically, I'm standing in front of a mirror right now looking at exactly where it's supposed to go, but every time it touches, it feels really weird, almost tickleish. I am so terrified of "pushing" it farther.

Was your first experience like this? Every time I try, I start crying because it's so frustrating and it hurts.
Hello!
It seems so long ago when i first used one...
But I do remember thinking that I hadn't put it in properly and that it was going to fall out at any moment!
It's a very new thing to you, and with a bit of time & practice you will know when you've got it in properly.
Have you tried an applicator tampon?
I find them much easier to use.
You'll work it out, just do what 'feels' comfortable.
:-)
I WAS A SWIMMER TOO! I know exactly what you're going through. Use the "slender" tampons and sitting is probably much easier. First, try to relax as much as possible. Second, try using plastic applicators but either way, try using a little vaseline on the tip and even the side of the applicator if you want. The vaseline will help the tampon slide in and make you more comfortable. This really helped me and a few of my friends (also swimmers) when we first started. Once you start using tampons things will get MUCH easier - trust me. Good luck!!! (with this and swimming)
I agree with the above advice - using a plastic applicator is a MUST!!!  Personally, I find that as I have gotten older, I like tampons less, and they become uncomfortable.  However, there are times where I need to wear one.  Just like you when you are swimming!  It is super important that you are relaxed or else it will be harder to get it in.  I find that the most comfortable brand is the Playtex gentle glide - but I think it's just a matter of preference.  Some people find that sitting on the toilet helps, some prefer to squat on the ground, some find that laying on your back helps, and still some others find it easiest to put one leg up on the counter to insert.  Whichever feels most comfortable for you, go with it.  
I'm using Playtex Sport Regular, but I also have Playtex Gentle Glide Regular. Putting a leg up on the counter seems to help a little, but I have another question: I tried putting it in the right place, but it kinda felt like I was putting pressure in the wrong place (too far back) so I tried again farther forward, but it felt like it was on the place where one urinates. Should it be between these?or does it feel more like one than the other?
Thank you!
That's a hard question to answer...lol.  Ya know how on the applicator there is the top half and then the bottom half?  I would say that you should put it in to the point where it is in the middle of the two parts....and then push on the bottom part.  It will feel funny the first time.  As long as the string is hanging out, you haven't gone too far.  I would say that farther is better.  When it isn't in far enough, it is VERYYYYY uncomfortable.