I'm having a "second" period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm having a "second" period

I'm on nuvaring and have been for a few years.  I took my last ring out on April 3rd, got my period on the 5th, but jumped the gun and put my new ring in on the 8th (I was flying out of the country for a week).  My period went to mild spotting on the 9th and stopped by the 10th.  On the 18th I started having a discharge that turned quite heavy and has been heavily consistent since. It's not red, it's brownish-red in colour, sometimes dark brown.  I have been feeling pretty crampy as well.  Is this normal being that I didnt leave my ring out for the whole week but rather put in in while I was still on my period..?  I'm worried and concerned with anything dealing with my preproductive system being that having kids one day is very important to me.  Help :(
you said you "jumped the gun and put my new ring in on the 8th"

if your put it in early....its why..it can happen with bc pills as well. i dont think it would do anything to you