Implantation and drop in temperature

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Implantation and drop in temperature

I have been tracking my bbt for one month now.  I ovulated on CD 18, I am now on CD 27 and should get my AF anyday now.  On CD 18 my temp dropped to 97.44 and the next day went up to 97.75 and kept increasing a few days up to 97.90.  On CD 22 it went down to 97.70 and then the next day it went straight up to 97.95 and has increased since then.  Today it was 98.13.  My question is, how low does the dip in temp have to be to indicate implantation?  Is it a dip below the coverline because I haven't gone below my coverline since ovulation, which I know is correct until I get AF or if I were pregnant.
have you read the book, taking charge of your fertility??
you will find all the answers you need!!  when you ovulate, your temp will dip below what it had been since your last af.  you had an obvious increase after your drop so you are probably right on that you ovulated on day 18. your increase today sounds promising!! I know my own temp. does not increase at all the week I am going to get af. (knowing that I am not pregnant). It has never increased the way yours did today, so I'd say it's good, but you have to wait a few more days. If your luteal phase is 14 days, then you would not be due to start af until day 32.  you'll need to keep waiting, but as long as you don't have any temp. drops in the next week, you could be hopeful that you have maybe concieved this month.
seriously though, if you haven't read the book =- you need to go and get it!!!!  :)
Yes, I heard it was a great book.  I may pick it up after this heat wave passes.  I have been ttc for 7 months now so I am hoping that this is my month but I'm not sure.  Thank you for your advice.  It helps to talk to other women who are experiencing or experienced this before.
it is really expensive, so you could also borrow it from a library (if you have that option). depends on if you want to have it around for reference or not.
I hope I helped. I am not ttc, but using BBT to keep myself sane, and I tell you, it works!!!
anyways, I know the wait sucks, it sucks for all of us, unfortunately, we are women and that's the way it has to be!!
I had the same thing last month.  I had light pink spotting for 2 1/2 days, it stopped and then a day later my regular AF showed up but it was weird.  It was light brown for like 3 days and than got heavy.  I'm usually heavy the second day.  You could have implantation bleeding also.  I would wait to see what happens in the next few days.
I will look into getting it if I am not pregnant this month.  I never thought it would be this hard to get pregnant.  My friends breathe and they get pregnant.  It's nice to know that there are a lot of women out there who struggle with the same thing.  It never hurts to get educated about our bodies.
I've been TTC for 7-8 months. I've been spotting for 3 days now and my AF isn't due till monday. Could it be that my AF is early or is it Implantation bleeding. Help?
also, if your temp does drop on the day of af. you will notice, as it is a big drop!
Hi! I am in my second month of TTC and still cant figure out my BBT chart.
Last month I had a dip in temp (97.1) on day 12, temps raised back up and stayed steady (around 97.7)until day 21 when they spiked up even higher(above 98) and then fell back below 98 when AF came.
This month I had a dip to 96.71 on day 10, and spiked back up to 97.7, climbed back to 98 and dipped on day 19 to 97.6 and spike on day 21 to 98.38. Today I dipped back to 97.87. I have had a lot of pain in both sides/ovaries and horrible low back pain yesterday. I feel mildly crampy today. Any thoughts? Could this be an implantation dip? Cysts? I'm new to this and cant figure it out!!