Incontinence
Hi.. I had to take predisone in my early 20's and just one of the side effects left my bladder in poor conditon..after seeing a dr and being told to lose 20lbs and walk a couple of miles a day..which I did..and still do walk daily..it did not help..I was incontinent..and during the day had to urinate approximately every 20 mins..had leakage..and during sleep, every hour on the hour I was up using the bathroom..my mother who has been studiing alternative medicine for many years suggest a
herb called uvi-ursi. I took this for 2 years and because it is all natural with no side effects..I had a series of x-rays done 9 months after stopping the herb..now I can say my bladder is 100% confirmed by me and my dr..it sure is nice to know the pharmaceutical co's are not getting anymore of my money..Thanks
P.S. I do have other stories email me if you are interested.
Rhonda
I'm glad to hear that that herb worked for you.  Another option is physical therapy.  Most people have never heard (and their doctors don't tell them!) that physical therapy can help with incontinence.  Find a good physical therapist specializing in women's health.  She will likely have you fill out a bladder diary for a period of time to look for patterns for why you are voiding every 20 mins.  Additionally, she will train you to perform exercises which strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor.  These muscles tend to weaken as women age and have children and very often lead to incontinence.  It is well worth seeing a physical therapist (not just any orthopaedic PT though, it has to be a therapist trained to treat issues of the pelvic area).  Again, I'm glad to hear that the herb was helpful to you.  Good luck to you and anyone out there suffering from incontinence.
I started having problems with leaking in my 35s after the childbirth. It was very tired to take care of the baby and the family. But what mostly embarrassed me is the incontinence problem. My doctor advised that I should do Kegel exercises. I tried it, but there is not any improvement. Actually, the Kegel exercise is not difficult, but how do you know you're making any progress and, honestly, it's something that is easy to forget. Nothing seemed to help me until I tried XFT Pelvic muscle trainer. It is amazing! That little gadget has really helped me a lot. My urinary incontinence disappeared in 3 months after the training! I would like to recommend it for you if you are suffering the same problem like me.