Increased discharge, color change, metallic smell
I'm a 36-year-old mother of 2, married, no medications, no real concerns other than recurring Bartholin cysts. For about the last month or so, I've noticed a very HUGE increase in vaginal discharge, to the point that I have to wear a pad (pantyliner won't do), changed quite often every day, maybe every 2-3 hrs or so. If I don't wear a pad or wear just a pantyliner, I will soak right through my underwear and through my clothes. This is very unusual for me, as I usually have a problem with being too dry! The color of the discharge has also changed to a tan/brownish color with a very metallic smell to it, sometimes very strong and noticeable through my clothing.  Not at all what I would call "fishy." I have no itching, burning, painful urination, etc. No symptoms at all other than this annoyance. I can sometimes feel it oozing out while I'm sitting at my desk/chair (sorry for the gross factor) like a heavy period. When I first noticed it, I thought perhaps a Bartholin cyst had ruptured, as the discharge was about the same color as what I see when an abscessed cyst ruptures, but when I checked, the cyst was (and is) still there.

There's been no change in my lifestyle. The only thing that has changed is my hubby has started taking testosterone shots for low testosterone, about 3 months now, but I don't really see how that can change what's going on in my body.

The only other thing I can think of that has changed is that I'm having night sweats quite often lately, but I live in Florida and the humidity has been crazy sometimes and that is what I've thought is causing the sweats. I had my hormones checked about 2 yrs ago because my GYN thought I may be going through early menopause, but everything came back normal.

I've had BV 2 times in the past, but it never looked or smelled like this. As a matter of fact, those times I was diagnosed with BV, I never even noticed any symptoms at all and was quite surprised my GYN told me I had it.

Bottom line is, this is nothing like anything I've experienced before, looks awful, smells weird, and completely annoying and embarrassing (especially when it looks like I've wet myself).  

Any ideas?   (yes, I'm making appointment with GYN but wanted your thoughts first, so I could ask questions during my appointment.)