Infected sore on labia minora

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Infected sore on labia minora

On Wednesday I noticed some kind of sore on my labia minora. It was white. It got a little bigger and today, Friday, it's painful. The white "scab" pulled off when I was trying to wipe after urinating. It became kind of an open wound. It really hurts to urinate and I can't wipe either.
The last time I had sex was two months ago with my boyfriend and we were both virgins. The last time I shaved was about two weeks ago.
The closest appointment I could get is 17 days away. Anyone know what it is from?
I could be from an infected hair follicule, from shaving and bacteria, but you should call your doctor and tell them that you need it analyzed in case it is something else. If the closest appointment is 17 days away, and your worried, just call every morning to see if they have cancellations, or find out if you can go to another doctor for this visit, sometimes you can talk to a nurse as well, just explain the situation, they might be able to squeeze you in quicker or offer some suggestions in helping with the pain. It's always a good idea to just make sure. Good luck!!
Avatar n tn
if you both were TRUE virgins (like no oral or vaginal sex before) then my guess is it could be an infected folicule, or maybe you damaged the skin a bit there during sex and it got infected, or a friction bump, or an abcess (abscess), or a cyst... I could go on... but I would definatly try to insist on being seen sooner... did you tell them there was an open sore on your vagina? they should want to see you sooner so they can culture it if they deem necessary... 17 days and most things like that would be gone
Avatar n tn
I have the same now and same situation, but I noticed my labia hurting and feeling uncomfortable all day 2 weeks after not having sex. I thought it was possibly my underwear rubbing against my labia the wrong way because it started hurting when I put it on, and little white sores appeared at the end of the day. They sores went away but the area still hurts very much and it does hurt to pee a lot! Is a doctors appointment necessary for this?
T Spine Dumbbell Twist | Trunk Rota...
58 mins ago by gymdandee
5 Minute Hip Pain Workout
20 hrs ago by gymdandee
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status
Jul 29
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals