Infection in fallopian tube

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Infection in fallopian tube

Has anyone had an infection in their fallopian tube?  What was the cause?
I was told I had an infection in my tube, and uterus.  No explanation why it happened.  I was given antibiotics for it. It cleared up, but "came back" a month later.  (Turns out I was misdiagnosed!  next we assumed it was cysts.  But, it continued every month for years now. I'm finally going in for my lap tomorrow for some answers hopefully.)

I guess if you think about it, we have a lot of little germies floating around down there and it could happen to get infected in our tubes, I'm not a dr. though.  I know if you have multiple partners it could actually be an std, which I'm sure is NOT the case with you.  

Is it just on one side???

Hang in there..it's not fun I know!  If it continues, definately go see another dr.

Becca
Let me know what you find out. I am hurting all around now... it was localized mainly to the left side but now has spread.  I think that I had a miscarriage on 12/25 but never went to the doc.  This could be an infection resulting from that.  I am faithful to my husband so I am really hoping that an std is not in the picture because well, that would mean he has been elsewhere.  I will find out what caused it when I go back in 2 weeks.  Good luck tomorrow ad thanks for your post.
Oh my, I would definately get that checked out.  If there was a miscarriage, your uterus could be infected also...and if that isn't taken care of, your not only risking being able to make more babies, but your health too!  Are you running a fever or tired???

Did the dr. diagnose it as a infection in your tubes???  I would be calling for a second opinion if it doesn't get better soon - 2 weeks is too long. Are you on any antibiotics??  Please say yes!

Becca
I stay tired lately.  The diagnosis was infection in the tubes.  He gave me 2 different 1 dose antibiotics before I left his office.  I felt pretty good yesterday morning but after lunch I started cramping/hurting and just didn't feel well again.  I don't feel very well today but it could be lack of sleep (was up most of the night with my son).  If I am still hurting tomorrow I will probably go back and see if they can do something because I would think that I would already feel much better.  It scares me because I know the severity of the danger to my tubes.  I don't have health insurance right now so I am going to a charity hospital.  I have never not had insurance so this is very frustrating to me.  I am just hoping/praying that everything will work out well.
i was told the same thing but was not told much else .i am not cheating on my husband, so i know it is not that. i still cramp and also i have alot of pain. i was told thati have cyst on my overies and fibroids. i hate being a woman sometimes because of all the problems we have an i seems like no one cares until it is too late
I had my tubes tied last year, was than told i had a severe infection in my fal tubes, but the doc tied them anyways, i was put on antibiotics but have had nothing but problems every since, i did sign a waver stating that if they saw any reason to do a hysterectomy they would, now i am told i may have to have an emergency hysterectomy, from what i heard this is a very serious thing, if any of you have an infection or suspect you do get treatment asap.
I just found out that I had infection in My fall tubes and I am now waiting to see when I will be going in to get a hysterctomy. I have had these syptoms (symptoms) for sometime just for the emerg doctors just to say it was my weight. My own doc put this off until I was bent over in pain and could barley move .
i have been in severe pain since i had my son 8 months ago and until today the doctors thought i was making it up . my doctor belives i have an infection of my fall tubes aswell as sumthing wrong with my uterus . this scares me . i am only 20 years old and a single mom to an eight month old boy . will they give me a hystorectamy at this age