Infection of Montgomery's glands?
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an infection of the Montgomery's glands?  I am weaning my 7 mo. old and pumped last week to relieve engorgement...I immediately tore across my left nipple.  The next day the cut seemed infected and I woke up w/ a painful lump in my left armpit.  I did see my OB and she gave me a topical cream which I have been using since Friday.  However, as of today it appears that the little oil glands that become larger during breastfeeding have doubled or tripled in size, have become extremely red and painful and now have a crusty head to them.  This certainly seems to be something much worse than the thrush that I have been battling over the past couple months...Any ideas?  I'm planning on heading back to the doc. ASAP but am getting pretty nervous in the meantime.   The lump in my armpit is also still present and very tender.

Thank you for any thoughts.  I have scared myself by reading too much on the internet and am fearful of Paget's disease, since my mom did have breast cancer in her 30's.  Of course I highly doubt that cancer would have such a rapid onset...right??