Women's Health Community
Infections from H-E-L-L
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infections from H-E-L-L

I dont know where to start! So I probably will tell you too much info... I apologize in advance but would really appreciate your input.

March 2009- went off NuvaRing and had a Mirena placed. I have had some trouble adjusting (missed periods at first, now its loooong periods)

Beginning of Nov 2009- yeast infection, diflucan cured, at the time I suspected antibiotics from bronchitis treatment to be the culprit

End of Nov 2009- emergency appendectomy, during surgery the doc noted ovarian cysts on both ovaries, told to go see OBGYN

mid Dec 2009- bacterial infection, 3 day cleocin cured

end of Dec 2009- serious bacterial AND yeast infections, oral doxycycline and some sort of vaginal cream- partial cure

Jan 4th 2010- bacterial infection, never healed from previous infection- 3 day cleocin cured, also remembered the cysts and mentioned to doc, sent to ultrasound, discovered 3ish cm hemorrhagic cyst on right ovary and free fluid near cervix, recheck in 4 weeks

Feb 1st 2010- ultrasound recheck- original cyst on right ovary gone but now have 3.2 cm on left ovary and again with the free fluid near the cervix. also told doc I suspected another infection but do to massive amounts of lube from US we could not test. guessed a yeast infection and given diflucan. doc suggested a hormone imbalance especially since I came off BC and put on Mirena. prescribed nuvaring, will recheck progress with US at follow up appt on March 15th.

Feb 4th- very, very, very sure its a bacterial infection, not yeast infection. called doc and given prescription for 7 day doxycycline vagina cream

Feb 13th- no previous infection symptoms noted so we decided to attempt vaginal sex. very bad idea. burning pain. Im pretty sure its a yeast infection. they make my skin slough off and I definitely have that going on.

Today- squeezing my legs together praying 1145 tomorrow will come soon... thats when my appt is with the OBGYN. Im need relief!

Notable Stuff:
-Dec period lasted 3 weeks, Jan 2 weeks, currently on day 8 of light spotting for Feb
-continuously sore breasts. waaaaay worse near or during period
-fleshy discharge near and during period. not blood clots, not discharge from infections... fleshy chunks. (keep forgetting to mention to doc)
-since being put on NuvaRing I am SERIOUSLY moody. lord help me (and those around) if one of those animal abuse commercials comes on...
-known (and happening again) NuvaRing result- vagina dryness during sex
-tested for STDs during appedectomy visit, all negative
-after first infections I switched to hypoallergenic *everything*

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS CAUSING ALL OF THIS?!?
Im seriously at my wits end. I am being sooo very careful about what goes in or near my vagina. And yet, it keeps happening... help me!