Ingrown hair scarring on nipples
I get a lot of thick dark hairs around my nipple, many of them ingrown.  I usually try to pluck out as many as possible, but many of them are hard to get rid of.  I have caused lots of scarring around my areolas trying to get to the ingrowns.  Is there anything I can do to get rid of this scarring, and prevent all these ingrowns.  It's very embarassing, and at times I cry myself to sleep because I am so self-conscious about all the markings around my areolas.  I would appreciate any help.  Thank You.
Holy cow! It is SUCH a relief to know that I am not alone!! Thank you so so much for having the guts to google it, and post about it. It took me 2 years to get up the guts to type in the words. I have felt so gross and so embarrassed for so long and it is an amazing relief to know that I am not alone. I am 20 and started noticing the hairs 2 years ago. My boyfriend of 3 years and I promised that we wouldn't fool around or anything until after we get married so he has no idea about it and with the wedding approaching, I've been getting more and more panicked ... but now I don't need to so THANK YOU!!!
Hey, I know what you mean. My husband and I while dating said we wouldn't fool around either and could hide it then. Although, we did give into temptation every now and then- but then we made a covenant to stop until married . . . that's a whole different story for another day. I wondered what I would do when were married. I tried to hide it for a while. I would move around in the shower to avoid him seeing it. It's actually caused a decrease in my body image and sex life. I've been embarrassed about it in the bed because I don't want him to be grossed out or turned off. I couldn't hide my little secret for too long though. Living with someone, all things come out of the dark before too long, and of course, he now knows! He wasn't grossed out like I thought he would be. He thought it was normal for women to have this actually. That was a huge relief to me! WOW! Of course, he still wants to make love with me and he still likes my body and specifically my breasts. Men are just different creatures like that. I think we live in a culture where hairless women is the ideal, but it's not really realistic if we stop and think about it. It must be there for some reason. Although, I do say I feel more sexy being hairless, I am becoming more comfortable with my hairs- even when they're in odd places. It makes me human, and it feels good that I don't have to live in pressure to be the picture perfect woman I think I need/want to be at times. It's tough yet wonderful being a woman, isn't it? Can anyone relate?
I'm not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're just some normal hairy woman beast that's all.
I've always been embarrassed when my husband would want to see my boobies because of the dark scaring around my chichis, do to the hair. Why don't the bisshes in the movies have this, damn it! I felt like I was the only one, but obviously I'm not. I'm 28 and have had a few dark hairs around my chichis for about 10 yrs. And well all I do is pluck um, like everyone else on here does. I would never consider shaving because the other thinner hair on my tatas would grow back thicker, so I just pluck. I only have about 3-5 on each boobie, and they always come back. I hate it. LIke most of you, some come back in-grown and well I have to get a needle and pick it out. When I do, I examine it like If I was a scientist..LOL I'm like, "WOW, this came out my boobie" not cool, but hey we just have to live with what we got. I would love to learn of some kind of ointment or something we can put on to minamize the scarring or just to plain and simply remove the hair permanatly. For now though, what we need to do is just be patient and let the in-grown hair come out by itself. I myself can't wait to get it out so I too sqeeze the suckers out and also sometimes get a little puss. So gross, but it's the truth. For now, I'll continue to pluck the little suckers out until I find a cure. It's true, things can be a lot worse. Thank you all for sharing your hairy stories. Now, back to my plucking! :)
I can relate girl, it's wonderful, but yes hard at times. WHat it good though, is communication. If this forum was never here, we'd think we were weirdos and think it only happened to us. Although, it doesn't take the problem away, it does make one feel better, because, we're not the only ones. TV and magazines only show what they think we want to see, but the truth is, we want to see what's real damn it. Show fat girls with stretch marks and woman with hairy boobies, this is fact.
Just writing to say that, like everyone else, I have hair growing around my nipples and have since I was about 14.  And for the record, from past experience, guys absolutely do not notice (even if you're feeling your worst)...they're too happy with the idea of breasts, no matter what they look like!  
But nevertheless, I completely understand that it does a number on self-image, so what I wholeheartedly recommend is ELECTROLYSIS...I started getting it done on my breasts this past summer, and although the hair has not completely cleared up, it has thinned out and is almost gone.  Electrolysis is sort of pricey...about $50 for a half hour session (which is how long I usually go for), but it is the only guaranteed permanent hair removal!  So hang in there everyone...You are all beautiful!
I am sooo relieved that there are other women who have the same problem as me! I have some nipple hair and hair on my chin.  Right now I am trying so hard to Not pick at the ingrown hairs and let them come in naturally but it is hard and a lot of time they don't come out and have grown sideways!  Now I have scarring around my nipples and desperately want to get rid of them or fade them. Someone please reccomend a product for the scars! Awhile ago I was told to try this product called TEND SKIN for the ingrown hairs.  I purchased it from Amazon.com and it helps but it has some alcohol in it and dry out the skin not to mention it stings a little.
I am embarassed whenever my husband sees my breasts and would die if anyone else saw (like a doctor...etc.).  I feel like a freak however not so much after reading all of your comments. Thank you for sharing!
PLEASE READ!!!!!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HAIRY WOMEN. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING IRREGULAR HAIR GROWTH CONTACT AN ENDOCRONOLGIST TO CHECK YOUR HORMONE LEVELS. Hi ladies I know exactly where all of you are cominng from, I could give hugs to all of you. Five years ago my hair became dry and brittle. I started growing hair around my nipples and excessive hair around the area of my chin. I too was embaressed to admitt i had facial hair. I invested in all types of make up to cover the shadow after I shaved through out the day.  The made up would disguised the problem I hated. Maybe about 2 years ago I began to have mild acne, my periods were irregular and my weight began to fluctuate. I thought I was going thru an ugly duckling stage. A month ago I began to google all of these symptoms which in turn led to a 48 hr research session using you tube as well. I found out that I had sometype of hormone problem, and most likely pcos. I was relieved to find an anwser to the issue. I have scheduled to see an reproductive endocronoligist, these specialist will diagnose and treat this condition. As far as the irregular hair growth do not fall for laser hair removal, the unwanted hair will grow back within a year or so. The only way to permantly get rid of unwanted hair is electroylsis. The endocronolgist will prescrible medication that will regulate your testotrone and dht levels to prevent further hair growth, The only solution to unwanted hair is hormone therapy and electrolysis. Some of you may expierence all of these symptoms some may expierence 1. However even though these symptoms may say come they fall under the problem of Insulence resistence or a hormonal problem. My name is Chelsey. Let me know if there are any questions because there is so much more to this condition. Educate yourselves !
someone asked what we think guys think about this..
well..
my boyfriend notices and kinda makes fun, but when i told him it hurts my feelings and im self conscious about it, he left me alone about it.. he still wants me to continue plucking but he is never bothered when he sees it. he did ask me to pluck it when i see it there though,

so although guys don't really care, im pretty sure most would rather it not be there if you can help it..
reading the above post was a relief as i used to think of myself as a weirdo,and this condition shatters the self image a big deal..but plucking these hair is not a solution as that leads to hair that are too thick and dark black..very embarrasing..
there is actually a solution of this problem,its kind of a HOME REMEDY(from india),it takes a long time but is a permanent solution.
take one spoon of granular sugar,mix a few drops of lemon juice..wait for 3 minutes till the granules become softer,but not dissolved..then rub this paste gently over the hair on nipples..do this very gently so as to not injure the skin,stop if the skin becomes red,be very gentle..you will have to do it daily for aroung 5 minutes..it takes a long time,around 2 months but the hair start to get thin and then they disappear..dont pluck your hair at all while you are using this method..
hope this helps all :)
Thank you so much! You have no idea how much better I feel, I could have written so many of these posts, I am a picker, so when I shower I pick at the ingrown hairs, and I have scaring it *****.  My hubby doesn't care but it bothers me so much.  I also get them on my arms and I was picking at them really bad, but I have finally stopped and my arms are scab free, it took a lot, and now I want my boobs to look better!  Thanks ladies!
Hey -ladies
me too!
im 26 now and ive had hair around my nipples since puberty
around 20 coarse ones around each nip
i tried at home (one touch) electrolysis -- when i was young --didnt work left scars--im sorry i ever used it
i too will not be topless around my boyfriends that ive had--and force them to have sex in the dark or near dark--sometimes id wear a fishnet top since it camoflauges so nicely . but honestly its seriously debilitating--i want to be able to be free around my guy---im not by any means a prude --but i have to "pretend" that im shy--it *****!!!!!
and it does not help that whenever you go to the movies--u see women topless in almost every movie these days--i wish men would just love us the way we are---we love them when theyre fat and balding--oh well-guess it has something to do with maturity and empathy -- something we have that maybe they dont--at least most of them
Hi guys,
i have a Super hot friend (most gorgeous girl I know, like cameron diaz hot) who is married- she brags about her nipple hair- she is so funny about this in front of her husband.  They both laugh when they look at their chia pet on the kitchen table (this is how I first knew!)  I say have confidence in Everything that you are, say something funny and laugh with them about it- It only will increase your man's love for you!

Say something like, "Puleeez.  I totally have hair- and if you dont want it, there are ten in line!" (snap of the finger across his face!)

or my hottest friend in the world who ID do has hair on her boobies-  puleez- every chick has some...u just dont know about it..i just have more bc im hotter ;)"

Off to safety pin an ingrown ! ;) hehehe
Well I stumbled onto this site completely by accident.  And I can say wow!  I am not alone.  The odd twist to this is that I am a guy.  Yes I do the same and have the same problems.  My partner (female) actually gets involved and removes the offending hairs for me.  She actually gets bothered by them.  I confess, they annoy me too.  I try to wait until they break above the skin and then remove them.  I consider it a close and intimate grooming process if your partner gets involved.  So I really do not know if this helps anyone but guys may notice them but this can be a ritual of shared experiences if your partner is truly caring and sensitive.
I've had the same problem that everyone on here has already mentioned (I'm 24)... Hair growing around the nipples, being embarrassed, plucking them, getting ingrown hairs, scars, even more embarrassed, etc.  HOWEVER, I just wanted to mention that the embarrassment simply wasn't worth it.  Once I was with a man that I truly loved and who truly loved me for who I am, it didn't matter any more.  I told him about how embarrassed I was by my breasts and when I finally let him see them, he thought that they were absolutely beautiful and perfect and he loves them and me (we actually just got engaged a few months ago).  So, please don't worry, the embarrassment is totally not worth it.  
I have the same problem however mine is a little worse it's between my chest as well. I have to use makeup if I wear a v-neck shirt. So I don't get ingrown hairs I just stick to trimming daily now But the scars are still there.
Hey girls...and guys?
I am a female, 22 years old, and I have been having hairs grown around my nipples since I was about 16. Not only that, I have had long fine hairs growing around my chin with a few short coarse ones also. First off, I pluck the coarse hairs with tweezers and sometimes the long ones if they get too noticeable. I do have minor scarring around my nipples from where I would have to push the hair through the skin to be able to pluck it. My scarring isn't too bad since the hairs generally grow back in at the same spot.

Now seriously I want to know why so many of you women are so dang self conscious as to cry over this???!!! I don't want to hear that you have bad self esteem. i was the worst of them all about that. I was heavily over weight and looked like a boy in high school. I married my husband when I was still self conscious but I have never hid my body from him. He has never once complained about the hairs. He probably wouldn't even know they were there if I didn't point them out or he caught me plucking them. All it does is annoy him if I go on about it. MEN DO NOT CARE!!! If he loves you, why the hell should you hide any of your body from him. If he loves you, he loves ALL of you. So please, just grow up and quit whinging.
First of all, I can understand your points. But I must say, you are dealing with people who are often uneducated and just plain unsure of where to go for help. This forum helps those who are embarrassed or unsure, to ask the questions.
Yes there are women who worry about what men think about women's bodies, and some men are very nasty to a woman regarding weight/looks/etc but that is a societal issue and berating someone about their social level is not a good thing.
It is called Bullying.
The poster put up their question back in 2007 so I highly doubt they will see it now.

I answer as many questions as I can to help people who may or may not be intelligent, but I NEVER put them down for asking.

Tone it down, and use your skills in providing help, as I am sure with your insights you can do.
All I can say is "Whatever." Just about every post I read, which was most, was nothing but sob stories from grown women sharing their "bad experiences" about scarring and ingrown hairs. How many of them actually said that MEN DON'T CARE!!! Roughly 20%?? No one reads the posts evidently, all they do is repeat themselves over, and over, and over. Very few even had any encouraging words to put. Yes, I may have berated them for being so pathetic, but at least I DID tell them my story, and how my HUSBAND doesn't give a f**k about it. If they can't read that bit of encouragement and only focus on my ONE SENTENCE of how childish they are being, then they are too pitiful to even give my advice to.
First of all I can't understand your points. But I must say you are dealing with someone who is educated and completely aware that she is dealing with people who are UNeducated and hair on or around nipples is hardly something you need HELP for. This forum is for people who are embarrassed or unsure or just too plain stupid to pull hairs out of their nipples.

Yes there are women who give a **** what "nasty" men think of their bodies and some women are too stupid to stick a foot in their testicles for it. But that is a societal issue and berating you about your social level would be wasting too much of my internet time.

The poster put up their question back in 2007 and is probably still sitting at her desk tugging thick black hairs out of her nipples as we speak, scouring the web for answers and maybe even worrying that the ***-hair monster implanting more while she sleeps. Heck, she is probably writing math problems on the walls as we type and looking for hidden messages in the bottom of her cereal bowl....

You continue answering as many questions as you can about nipple hair and I will continue berating stupid vulvas like you who berate on people who are making VERY VALID POINTS!

Grow_up_people you make sure you tone it UP and continue teaching this nipple hair tuggers a lesson on life!
All you can say is 'Whatever'? Perhaps you're the one who needs to grow up.

Even if men didn't care (and who are you to say they don't? Have you created some sort of device that allows you into the mind of every man you encounter? If so, please inform me now! I'd like to purchase one...) we ourselves do. And yes, we're self conscious. Why? Because we're women, and we're not supposed to have nipple hair.

If reading these posts by 'childish' women who are 'whining', as you put it, really annoys you then why the hell would you continue to read most of them? These women are sharing their experiences, not 'sob stories' and they're brave for doing it. If anyone is whining it's you...

So congratulations to you for having a loving husband who apparently isn't the tiniest bit weirded out that you have hair on your nipples. You make it sound easy!

I too suffer from nipple hair and can relate to all of you. It's not easy to cope with so I can understand that it's upsetting. I've become less self conscious over the years yet am actually seriously debating on getting laser hair removal, which I understand is costly and must be repeated after several years. But the truth is I'm tired of having the burden of hiding this fact. I just think I'd love my body so much more if I did this...
You might look into folliculicitus if they arre getting infected.  Can be treated with antibiotics because it's a bacterial infection.  This happened to my legs when I borrowed my husbands razor, once you get it it's seems to affect you everywhere sine it's bacteria related I got some on my aeriolas as well.  Best thing to do is take antibiotics and not shave- plucking is alright my doctor said but no shaving until it's gone.  The ones on my aeriolas really scared me because the hair follicles were so infected it felt like I had really paiful lumps in my breast.  For scarring my grandparents always say cocoa butter.  For infections instead of pricking yourself try scraping the lining of a raw egg and putting it on the area slimy side down then bandaid.  Something about the lining of an eggshell removes
Infections like a miracle drug, even works for ingrown toenails per my grandad.  
Wow! This post started in 2007, and look how many people were willing to give their advise and share!! I am 24 and am a victim of this hairy situation. I figure I am not a model or one of those girls in the magazines, in other words, I am normal & proud of it. Dont get me wrong it has taken time for me to come to terms with this, but all we can do is try new things to fix it. Thanks to everyone for all your great advise. I will definatly try the Hair Eliminating Pads by Bliss.
Make 2011 less hairy and show those boobies!!!
I have been dealing with hair around my nipples since I was about 19. At first it was just a few sparse hairs (I also have hair on my "happy trail" below my navel) so I would shave them, and I never got razor burn or ingrown hairs. Eventually in my 20's the hair got a little worse and I would pluck the really thick hairs and shave the thinner ones. It took them a couple of days to reappear and I knew that other women must experience this, but never told anyone.  Any BF I ever had never noticed. I had been dating my future husband for about 4 years when I finally told him, and guess what??? he had NEVER noticed before. On occasion I would get an ingrown hair, sometimes I would get a few worse than others, but it was no big deal. Most men dont even notice as long as you keep up with plucking/shaving. And depending on how sensitive your skin is, if you can shave, do it. Theses days (I am 30) I HAVE TO pluck, otherwise I will always get ingrown hairs. And I do have a few little scars. But honestly ladies, men are usually just so happy to see boobs they dont even care. SO do what you have to do, pluck, bleach, shave...whatever makes you feel comfortable and if someone reallys cares for you, they wont care about a few hairs. If they do have an issue with it and make you feel bad for something you cant help, then you dont need them in your life anyway. Dont allow shallow people control how YOU feel about yourself.
Thank you everyone! I've had this problem for years and only now have I found this post and I am happy to know I am not alone! Plucking out hairs is a part of OCD called trichotillomania. I have the whole 3 way spectrum including Dermatillomania  (Skin picking) and Nail biting. I only want to get rid of the hairs permanently now because not only do i pull the hair, but I pick the scars afterwards making them deeper. Now I have a tremendous amount of scars on each breasts and I don't know how to get rid of them... I've tried cocoa butter but it doesnt work well enough.

And also I know men may not care during intercourse, but I want to be able to wear nice shirts and be feminine. I want to boost my confidence and feel good about my body. Its hard when you work out and try hard to loose weight only to still feel like its not enough because you also have scars.

I used to cry too but I've been trying hard to work on the OCD and get rid of the urge to pull. I used to do it in the shower but i find that i can see them less when I wait until after the shower when Im drying. Ive also tried to stop getting the ones that are deep down and waiting till they grow above the skin so that I wont scar. I'm going to try some of the tips you all suggested so that you for the advice!!!

And please don't fight girls!
Wow...some women can be pretty mean.  Well it's easy to read those negative posts and dismiss them as heard hearted.  This is a support network, right?  
I have had many accounts of embarrassing moments.  One boyfriend I was with had nipple hair that was never plucked..yes HE had them and they where about 3" long...not kidding.  When he said something to me about my hair...I was livid!  It was so wrong of him so say something to me when I would never judge him for anything like that.  He told me that I should pluck them and it's all about grooming one's self...JERK!   I'm now happily married and still uncomfortable about the irregular stray hairs that show up anywhere they want...sneaky little buggers.  But be patient with yourself.  If you're not kind to yourself about it, how will you shake it off when someone else is unkind.  YES people judge when they shouldn't, those people are uneducated which is why they make those judgements.  Tell them how you feel and that you'd like them to stop.  If they don't...kiss them good-bye!  Bye Bye Jerk or Jerkette!  
I don't know about any of you but I don't go around looking at other ladies naked breasts.  The only way to know what is odd would be to read about it or talk about it with other women.  Either way, education on whatever uncomfortable subject is always necessary!   If we cannot talk about it...we'll explode about it at some point.
Ugh, thank god I'm not the only one!  I'm 17, and I've had this issue for the last few years.  The strange thing is, I'm not hairy at all!  I don't have a happy trail, and I have less arm hair than most girls.  So I have no idea why I get hair THERE...  It's only a few, and it's usually only on my right nipple... What the hell?

This is going to sound dumb and petty, but it makes me REALLY insecure.  I've always suffered from low self-esteem and anxiety, and this little problem just makes me feel so.. gross and unfeminine. :/

I also deal with ingrown hairs and scarring.  If I see the hair under the skin, I have to dig through the skin to get it out.  Tweezing just isn't working for me, and my skin is too sensitive to shave.  Is there anything I can do (other than electrolysis) that will kill the hair?  I'm desperate.  Also, will taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Low (birth control) help it go away?

Thanks.
I have had hairy nipples for the last 5 years. I have always been complimented on my breasts and their shape, and although I always plucked my nipple hairs not one boyfriend ever ever noticed! In the end I would always share the secret with the boyfriends but they never cared - if anything they told me not to pluck as it seemed to be a painful thing to do to myself and they rather I wasn't in discomfort. These days I try and let them grow for a day or two then pluck as opposed to taking a needle to ingrown ones as that is what causes scaring. I try and let them all grow at the same time (so sometimes waiting a week for them to all catch up!) and then pluck so i am not always at them with a tweezer! You definitely get used to hair on your breasts the older you get but as it is such a taboo subject no one dares to talk about let alone admit they have it! Until that time we can just talk about it on here ;)
Awhile back someone posted on having trouble getting rid of the hair on her tummy. I have pretty course hair, probably worse than most people, and surprisingly I have really good results with shaving. It literally takes 5 seconds to shave a couple times down and a couple times up and I just think it looks so much better. Also, I think it makes me look a little thinner (maybe wishful thinking!) But on the topic of having hair on our breasts, I do pluck mine but only the ones that are dark- I leave the others alone. BELIEVE ME, we are so much more critical of ourselves than others are of us, so chances are unless you have boob-fro, you're probably ok :) 75% of the girls I know have hair on their breasts, too, and we have to do what we have to do! We also have to shave our big toes. It's not ALL glitz and glamour being a girl, but we play the cards we're dealt and should be lucky that we have boobs and toes to grow hair on. Heads up, ladies!! =)
I have hairs on my breast due to plucking them out i now have small scars all around my left breast. Will these scars ever go away or will they be there forever please can some one help im getting pretty down and worried about it.
As has been said, so great to hear from everyone!  I've had nipple hair since puberty (maybe since age 13) and am now 27.  I have regular periods and no other major hair issues, so I don't think I have POS.  But, the nipple hair is pretty bad.  In some cases I have like two or three hairs growing out of a single pore.  I suspect this is due to years of plucking.  

My advice to the young ladies is to stop plucking nipple hair and try to accept what you've got.  I believe my nipple hair would be much LESS now, had I not been "fighting" with it for 13+ years.

It's inspiring to read all the comments...wouldn't it be great if we could all just accept our nipple hair and have it become the NORM?  No need for shame, and painful plucking, and feeling unsexy for something that is just normal.  I'm going to try to come to terms with the nipple hair, because sadly I think that may be the only solution.  I haven't gotten there yet, but reading these columns certainly helps!  
Hi girls!

Im a nurse in Brisbane, and have some helpful tips for you!!

For freshy plucked (or bleeding, sore, red, inflammed areas)
Apply a mix of betadine (to reduce infection) and a topical corticosteroid (anti inflammatory product, eg. Elocon ointment). Corticosteroids are prescription only, and I noticed that many women said they were embarrassed to even talk to the Doctor so just know this medication is for dermatitis, psoriasis and can be used to reduce scarring. So the next time you get a scratch or see a doctor for another reason ask for something to reduce the likelihood of scarring. Furthermore, cover the area with a bandaid (breathable, fabric dressings eg. Cutiplast) and keep covered for atleast 6 hours (during work hours so your partner doesnt notice) peel it off, wipe the area with a CLEAN cloth and although the area may be tender from the ordeal it suffered earlier, it will be much less red and inflammed. Regularly apply a corticosteroid to reduce further scarring. Oh and if you get caught with these bandaids all over you, you have two choices tell the truth or say that your bra was rubbing on these areas ;)

Note: Elocon is not to be used during pregnacy or lactation, always test ointment on another area like the wrist before using, avoid sensitive areas, And always ALWAYS cover open wounds until theyve healed. Always read product information and know your allergies before using.

To remove ingrown hairs:
Pin ***** the area with a sterile instrument (sterilise by boiling water and soaking instruments and pat dry with a clean, lint free towel) Apply Magnoplasm (over the counter ointment) over the area and cover with a bandaid (breathable) and keep covered until the hair arises. This product is used for splinters mostly, sometimes they can take a day to come out. Read the instructions and learn what works best for your particular problem.

Lastly, I understand that it can become and obsession to pluck and dig at the hair- much like biting your nails. So if it becomes like this, try relaxation methods. Dont beat yourself up about it, it is normal for women to have hair in these places and when you find real love, it wont matter to him - trust me. In response to women stating their men dont notice, they really dont!! pink scar tissue looks alot like your nipple skin, sometimes nipples can be bumpy around the edges and have an irregular edge line.

Investigate electrolysis treatment which in Brisbane can be $70 for 5 minutes of a wand the size of a 5c piece touched over area. (may include several small areas or one large) Dont be embarrassed because theyve seen worse!! You usually have to have 5 or more treatments until its completely gone, and I think return once a year to get a touch up.

Hope this helps!
My ingrown hair is far too deep now and I can't seem to get at it. It's right on my areola . How do I get it to come up? It's been there for a few months now I fear i'll never be able to get it out
I have the same issue. I'm 17 & have had this for about a year or so. I pluck the hairs when I see them, because I'm also self-concious. /: I have an ingrown hair that hurts really bad. It feels like a small lump just beside my nipple. Anybody know how to get rid of it?
I suffer from pcos and have hair growing everywhere!! even when i'm on my meds. It can get very depressing sometimes but its my life.

I wax for the most part (even on my face - if people can wax their eyebrows, I figure I can wax my chin. It works! and by using wax strips, its easy and non-messy)

For hair on my aureolas, I use a clippers coz a) no ingrown hairs b) NO pain nor scarring c) its easier to cut close to the root than scissors.

Hope this helps?
OMG!!!!Hit the nail on the head...imagine if you had endometriosis on top of this and had your reproductive system removed at the age of 19, resulting in the ingrown/rogue dark thick hairs that are so viciously painful, playing the drums on your skin like needles. I seldom wear a bra for fear of non-stop, uncontrollable, incessant itching of my ***.  It hurts, really hurts!!! Pins and needles in your skin, you have to itch your scratch right away.  Luckily I found  a perfect work from home job that allows me to walk around topless at my own leisure--symanthia.theonlinebusiness.com--if anyone find a solution to the surprise needle poke that forces you to grab your *** in the middle of the crowded mall and yell out son of a---, let me know.  It really, reallly hurts!
I just recently got an ingrown hair around my nipple and it really hurt I thought it was a pimple and tried popping it when I did blood came out and a little bit of discharge but mainly blood is this normal ?
hiyaa thank you ladies for letting me know that i am not the only one! i have two major ingrown hairs on my nipples.. tried to remove one of them wit a needle but it was way too deep i have had around 8 assignments to hand in in one week nd tomorrow i start my exams.. nd i only finish on d 28th june.. am scared im gna hv to get operated bcoz this looks really bad and its under d skin of my nipple not around it.. its so scary... did u ever have one like tat? mind u it's been there for over a month nd i tried to remove it 3weeks ago but to no avail.. is it dangerous to leave it tere? and go to a doctor as soon as i finish uni? xxxxxxxxxxxxx thank u for making me feel like am not d only one! i once decided to shave my whole body to spite my mum nd there u have it!!
honestly so happy to look this up. just to know im not alone is awesome. i am so ashamed i like lights off during sex. my recent ex i knew saw them and the scarring from the same under my bellybutton! bc i would pass out drunk and i know he would admire my body hairs and all ... but still we never talked ab it and still humored me with the lights off when sores got bad. he loved me. and i screwed it up bc i have issues ..sad stuff huh ladies..........wish i would have just talked to him ab things instead of handling the wrong way. u just live n learn. good luck to u ladies
Shaving is one of the leading causes of ingrown hairs and is NEVER advised as means to aleviate this condition.If anything shaving will exacerbate this problem exponentially.
wow, its really relaxing t see the above comments, m too suffrin frm the same nipple hair thing, i really hate tht, bt nevr tried t pick tht out o shav o wax it out,, m too afraid tht it will grow back mre thick, my bf wants t see me topless alot, bt nevr shwed him, i knw he loves me alot, bt m too embarrssed t shw thinkin of he myt notice, btw can i use hair removal cream t remove thick hair around the nipple? wat abt bleachin the hair t make it lighter?
I am a 16 yr old with alot of hair all over the body.but im not much concerned cuz today u have a lot of hair removal  methods lyk lasers,electrolysis(permanent hair removal),waxing ,etc.so dont worry!
a
I have this exact same problem. I feel like it all began a couple of years ago when I randomly started plucking out every little hair around my areola and before I knew it, more kept coming in and I had more to pluck each time! I really hate it but I have found that if I keep the tweezers out of my hands for a little while like maybe a week, all of the hairs will grow out and the few that are ingrown will have grown even longer so they are easier to get out with one or two pinches and very minimal scarring/bleeding rather than digging under the skin to grab a short hair. I find that when I get tweezer-happy and try to get each and every hair out including the small, thin ones and the short ones, I end up making more of a mess. Try just leaving it alone for a week or two and then go back with your tweezers and pluck ONLY what is above the skin or right near the surface of the skin (ingrown) but easily accessed by a pinch or two. If other hairs are still too short or not long enough under the skin/not accessible enough, leave them alone and ONLY pluck when you feel like you can do so without scarring yourself up and leave the others for later. I find that after a few weeks of being strict on myself and only doing this, the area looks MUCH better. I hope that makes sense and that it works on some of you as well. :-)
The more you pluck them out. The longer it'll take for the scar(s) to heal. You're re-opening the scars while making new ones which is making them worse. Take vitamin e and or use a pure vitamin e capsule or shea butter on the scar(s) after taking a hot bath or shower daily. Using a body scrub prior won't hurt either. Don't expect to see results in a week either. Although you just might if the scars are new. For older scars, wait about a month or two to see results. You have to remember. Don't pluck!!!! Cut them instead and don't shave either!!! Especially if your skin is still trying to heal because it'll be like starting over. Its really a mental thing. While your going through this process you will se results and you have to have patience and give the hair time to grow out the right way and settle in your pour. Once the scars are looking better, I'd suggest you go to the spa for a wax or to the doctor for laser hair removal. I know some ppl say waxing causes ingrown hairs too. Most ingrown hairs come the hair being pulled out from the wrong angle which makes the hair grown in the wrong direction(you did that and I understand you don't want the hair so you got rid of it) You have a better chance letting a experienced proffessional do it unless you wanna keep ripping layers of your skin open. This will work. Best of luck to you all.  
I have the same issue and since having children it's gotten worse.  Now that I am 42 my hormones are changing and it's on my chin and around my nipples thicker than ever.  I've learned to let it grow out.  I use Jolene cream bleach to lighten the hair to blonde and try to only pluck the thicker ones.  You gals all know what I mean.  But I do have scars.  Some in my cleavage too.... I was talking to my cosmetics girl at the drug store and she recommended Dermablend concealer.  OH MY GOSH this stuff is awesome for covering scars.  Better than any concealer I've ever used.  A tad expensive but if only using it on my breast scars and I have full coverage....lists worth it.  Even on those intimate nights.....it just gives me a better self image and I can relax.  It covers tattoos too.  Anyway just a thought.

I have thought about laser....but it's not in my budget.  But has anyone tried it for this specifically?

I also have this problem on the backs of my thighs :(. I thanks my dad's side of the family for curly thick dark hair....xoxo
I'm 16 years old and I have hair all over my breasts and also in between and it makes me feel terrible about myself! It's not thick hair but it's dark and noticeable! I used to shave but I stopped shaving and I'm glad I stopped! Has anyone tried bleaching hair on the breast area?
I'm 25 and blonde, but I get black hairs on my neck, chin, around my nipples, and between my breasts. I use to bleach, but it grows so fast I couldn't keep up with it. Plucking works the best or waxing. And I discovered a lotion made by GiGi called hair minimizer. It actually thinned the hair and takes longer to grow back. Its great to learn I'm not alone. I hope someday they will make something that fixes over productive hair follicles.
Laser hair removal is going to be a must...I'm going through laser treatments and it is bringing my plucking wars to an end. I do to a place that charges $100 for the entire body...you go more than once but it is worth it because the hairs will only get stronger and you will c
Scar...I have and now I'm about to heal and fade the scars as I am very fair with dark curly hair.

Exfoliation and moisturizing with salacytic acid to stop infection which makes the ingrown messy!  
I had electrolysis on hair around my nipples, they were long and black, and after a couple of sessions they never came back. That was about 15 years ago.