Inner Thigh Cyst
What can you do to prevent cysts in the inner thigh area and what causes them?

I have suffered from inner thigh cysts for several years. They are very painful, but eventually will drain. I have started wearing the "boy short" underwear for women. They aren't the cutest things, but they have no elastic around the leg which helps from chafing.

My doctor told me to use an antibacterial soap such as Dial when showering and not to wear tight jeans. I don't wear tight jeans, but I do wear sweat pants or loose pajama bottoms while I'm at home so the area can get air to it and not have the rough material from jeans to rub against it.

Each time I went to my doctor to get an antibiotic for this he suggested having it lanced (drained) by a surgeon. But the antibiotics helped until another one came back. Now I just deal with it by applying Polysporin on a gauze then wear a thin pad because the cysts can get messy when it drains. It does help to relieve the pain if you press on it to help it drain, but only when it is ready to drain.

Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Recurrent boils are found in diabetes, HIV infection, or other immune system disorders. So get your blood sugar evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.