Inner labia pain and swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Inner labia pain and swelling

I've had burning pain in my inner vagina lips for about a week. There is swelling and redness and it hurts to pee. It started when I was on my period and I was using tampons. And I still have my period after about 7 days when mine is like 5 days long.
The pains are sharp and it hurts to do things like walk. Is there anything i could get at a local drug store to help? What should i do?
Sorry I can't really help, other than to tell you to call your doc.  There could be many causes--have you engaged in any "rough" sex???I know that sounds bad, but I was trying to think of things that could cause swelling and pain.  I know sometimes when hubby and I are having a little too much fun, I am very sore, sometimes for a few days.
Don't really know---hope you feel better, and let us know what you find out.  MH