Internal Vibrating/Buzzing in My Vagina
I have been experiencing a buzzing or vibrating sensation for the past week in my vagina.  It feels as if I am sitting on a cell phone that is faintly vibrating.  The sensation feels as though it is internal and takes place from my vagina up into my cervix.  There is no regular time period in between when this sensation occurs.  Sometimes it takes place every 5 minutes, sometimes every 15 seconds or so.  It usually lasts for just a few seconds.  I am in my early 20's, so I am not approaching or going through menopause.  I also should be having my period any day now.  The sensations do not hurt, it just is concerning me because I have never experienced this before.  Has anyone ever had the same experience, or does anyone have any idea what could be causing these vibrating/buzzing sensations?
Im 17 and im having this feeling. Its weird and I dont like it!
Try going to a chiropractor.  I had the same symptoms as you described.  All I needed was one adjustment by the chiropractor and the problem went away.  Hope this helps!
I read all the posted comments on this subject.  I also have been having this weird buzzing/vibrating sensation in the front, left pubic bone area.  It's extremely annoying and is keeping me from getting good sleep.  My husband also laughed at me when I told him about it today.  It started about 3 days ago and seems to start right after I pee, as somebody else stated.  On another website, it stated that this symptom is from LOWER BACK PROBLEMS, TRAUMA TO THE BACK AND/OR NERVE DAMAGE OR PINCHING.  I just had back surgery 3 weeks ago for a blown out disc that was in my spinal cavity and was pressing severely on my sciatic nerve.  Many people who are having this symptom are pregnant, have had a hysterectomy or have back problems.  (which all cause trauma to the back!!!!!)  That's gotta be what it is.  I am seeing my PCP tomorrow, will also call my Gynecologist.....but am thinking that my NEUROSURGEON will probably be the one who know exactly what it is.  Good Luck All!
OH my gosh...So happy I am not the only one. I just started having this vibration down there, it's super annoying and it won't go away no matter what I try. I guess I need to go to a chiropractor soon and figure out if it is actually nerve damage.
Same thing for roughly 2 weeks. Strange feeling. Um, I have been on the pill for several years since having cysts on my ovaries which were taken out in a major op. I take the pill Yasmin & have to have the pill for 3 months straight before having a break. Now have my period & still the same feeling. Anyone please have an answer?
I don't know what happened to an older post I put on this forum, too bad it's gone because alot of women might have gone to the health store and got some magnesium supplements ( I used magnesium aspartates and magnesium chloride transdermally) and not suffered with that aggravating buzzing! It started with me about 2 years after I started getting restless leg syndrome, I also had calf muscle cramping at night intermittently and for years. I no longer have any of that since I take magnesium regularly, a couple times I ran out and it was a week or so before I picked some up and the restless leg started to come back. I urge you ladies to give it a shot, it may not be the key for all but after all the research I did I am absolutely sure it is magnesium deficiency for me and they say alot of us are magnesium deficient as we are not getting it in our diets like we used to and there are alot of chemicals that antagonize magnesium levels or compete for the absorption points. If you try it let us know if it helped you or not. It was about 3 weeks before I started to get full relief.
I too had the buzzing over my pubic area. It started last night for the first time and it has been continuous, off and on, since then (about 12 hours). I regularly take magnesium chloride transdermally (Ancient Minerals). However, I stopped taking it about 2 1/2 weeks ago, but when I read your comment, I grabbed my bottle (1 spray of Ancient Minerals = 50 mg. I take 400 mg daily. 4 sprays each leg), and took my usual. Within 10 minutes the buzzing was gone. I will monitor it for the next few days to ensure that it doesn't return, but it's amazing how our body's are constantly talking to us. I love it. If we learn to interpret what it is being said, when can have a much healthier life. I too used to suffer with restless leg syndrome and extreme cramping. Magnesium helps for sure, but I find that potassium can also be a contributor to these types of imbalances. When I would cramp, I would cramp so badly (about 8 years ago) that it would wake me out of my sleep in extreme pain. I started taking 1 tablespoon of Wholesome Sweetners Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses in 6 oz of warm water (this brand has a good magnesium, potassium, B6, zinc and copper profile and is low glycemic) and never had the problem again. I also recommend this to my clients who have/had the same issues, as well as those with uterine fibroids with great success. Thank you so much for your post! I pray everyone is led to what they need. Bless you all!
Update: After taking getting back on the magnesium for about 1 1/2 weeks, the buzzing completely went away. It has not returned since I posted above March 11th of this year. Also, I must make a correction to the typo above. 1 spray of Ancient Minerals is 12.5 mg NOT 50 mg. 4 Sprays = 50 mg. Sorry about that error guys, it was late, obviously I had some brain fog, probably also due to the low mag. LOLOL However, just like with anything else, always read the manufactures instructions/information. Bless you and good health to all!
Manda, try magnesium supplements, they are about $12. to $15. for a 60 day supply depending where you get them, it's cheap, your body needs it and might fix you right up!
Hi weirdoo, try magnesium! It worked for my weird vaginal buzzing.
Hi Carla, interesting that you said water worked for you as our intelligent bodies have many different ways to try to let us know there is a shortage of water in the body, heart burn, headache, stomach aches, muscle aches...why not buzzing vagina? very interesting? I never thought of that til I read your post!
my lil girl is 6 and she says shes haveing this same thing shes said it started after she done the splits when she was  5 i tell her to go take a hot bath she said it dotn help and she hates it noone can seem to make it go away i have never heard about this before until i googled it and seen all of u guys talking about it . does anything help she is going nuts over this ?
I too have this same sensation! I am in my early 30's and the feeling lasted for hrs. (12 maybe) with little pauses in between. It feels so strange, I am do to ovulate any day now, and it is a moon. I was joking with a friend about it today, maybe my huhu is ruled by the moon?? Would be interesting to find the cause.
Wow I am having the same issue. Did anyone find out what is was/is? This is the second day this has been happening to me..buzzing like ffeeling in vaginal area. Not painful byt annoying and raises a little concern since I am clueless as to what it is..it is hard for me to pinpoint what side it is on..i think mostly left side. But now it is mire frequent than b4!
I am 28yr old and I have this vibration in the vagina area I have asked my doctor about this why is it happening to me?  he told me that it is a muscle spasm and that there is no reason why it happens
Please take magnesium, it may be your answer too, it sure stopped mine, weirdest thing though that vaginal buzzing eh?
Possible magnesium deficiency, magnesium is cheap and it took about 3 weeks to a month for it to go away 100% but did have some relief immediately, depends on how deficient one is.
I also have the same, but it only occurs when I'm laying down in bed facing up, I can feel it like inside vibrating for a few seconds, more frequently on my period. I guess it could be related to it, I'm also in my 20's too
Hi Salliejean,

did you find out what it was from your Doctor?

thnx
Ariane
pls send me an email to ***@****
WOW! I'm overjoyed to find these questions and comments, but flabberghasted as well. What I'm experiencing is so weird I'm waiting for an appointment with an evangelic counselor. I had something snap in my right brain about two years ago, slight stroke, and everything's been going wacky since, logically; seeing weird things, hearing things. (Perfectly sane professional, I assure you...53 yr old female).

After reading your comments, I'd say i'm prolly experiencing all of the above; urethrea infection, thrush/vaginal (although no discharge), pulsating, vibrating to the point of asexual intercourse!! Whatever that means! I haven't slept through a night for over two months, and it continues during the day standing, sitting, laying...etc., no matter which way.

Certainly, it could be infections, pinched nerves, whatever..but that doesn't account for the 'swirling' feeling around my body, the full-body vibration, chills up the back sides of my head, pulsating from the left side to the right side of my body, and how (AS SOMEONE STATED), IT appears to 'respond' to my questions!!...(you'all ARE going to think I'm nutz)...keeping rhythm to music!! NO JOKE...and it's not funny in the least.

I would just like to relax and enjoy it mostly...when it's not hurting me! (if IT, whatever IT is), would just allow me to sleep!
I could very well be mistaken, but I think it has everything to do with the electromagnetic polar shifting of our planet?????? And/or something spiritual...possibly??

IT even gets more strange...I think of something and then see it, on TV, hear it on the radio, someone repeats what I just thought..etc..like we're all being connected????
Sorry ladies...I'm an avid Mag/Cal and Vit B fan/user..but come to think of it, I haven't been tested to see if I'm actually absorbing any of the stuff???hmmm..next idea please :)
Sure wished they could flip these threads so the most recent comments would be at the top? Or maybe it's my cell phone app?
i have this vibration on the right side of my groin now its been going on for 2 days. Ive had it before in different parts of my body.  I have read all the comments and I don not think anyone needs to seek medial help.  Unless its painful.  I don not think the medical field has an answer for everything.  I dont think that like to even believe in spiritual things either.  My theory on this is vibrations from the chakras.  Either they are opening or receiving energy.  I have also heard possible kundalini rising. Try asking your Dr if they think that's what it is !! lol we dont have an answer for everything but you know your own body.  Listen to what you feel. I am a very spiritual being and have many abilities and i feel there's a purpose to these strange vibrations. Mine vibrate on and off same consistency then stop and start again.
i have this also and I read your post and got the magneseum and I also got potaseum as someone else suggested. The druggest said do abdomin streaches and I did that too. somebody else said drink water. So I did it all and it has started to go away. i is getting fainter and the days go by. It has only been 7 days now total but it is slacking off or I am getting use to it. thanks for your post. It helps to know we are not alone with this wierd vibrating buzzing sinsation in our groin area. I did notice an link for a pelvic inflamitory desiese and I am going to check that out as well. Thanks
I have had this happen for YEARS, well before cell phones were in such high use. And before I ever used a vibrator. I'm 35 and no major health issues. The internal spasming, maybe lasting 3-10 minutes, never freaked me out or caused disturbing concern. All I do is adjust how I'm sitting, lean forward if necessary, and enjoy. Probably muscle spasms and may be due to how long it's been since penetrative sex... Almost like a hands-free orgasm!
That's great that you got some releif, I have had pretty much 100% releif with the magnesiium, the other thing magnesium has helped me with (plus my diet and lifestyle changes too I guess) is that I do not get shaky after  my fast walking (2 to 4 kms on the tread mill in the winter) and my floor exercises and stretches, it used to be that my muscles would get very shaky and I would feel kind of weak and it would take an hour or two to feel steady, I don't get that since taking magnesium! Another magnesium improvement for me was my mood and general state of mind, I've been so much happier and steady mood wise, I don't seem to get angry as fast and if I do get angry I get over it faster. I rarely get the feeling of 'doom' I used to get when I got up i the morning! Check out this site and you will be amazed at how important magnesium really is, it's very informative.

http://www.mgwater.com/  

take care!
I thought i was going a little crazy glad to know im not the only one but i would like to know what this vibration is and yes i to concur with the cell phone!
I am so relieved to know that this cell phone type buzzing isn't that unusual. I've been having it happen for about 5 days now & I wouldn't mention it to anyone. I couldn't come up with a casual way of saying "my vagina feels like it's vibrating". I actually pulled my cell phone out of my pocket several times to check to see if I had a call or text. I do have a newly diagnosed ovarian cyst on the same (right) side but somehow doubt a connection between the 2 but who knows. I am 29 with 3 children - 8yrs, 5 yrs, & 2 yrs old. I have an IUD & do not have a monthly period with it. I hope we all find an answer (and peace of mind).
Has anyone gotten a definitive answer as to what the buzzing/vibration is? I just started feeling it on Sunday, and it is relentless. It will stop for a few minutes, but then it's right back to the buzzing. I am getting really annoyed at this and have NEVER experienced anything like this before. I did have intercourse with my boyfriend the day it started and figured it was my nerve endings spasming. But I have not had sex in 2 days and the buzz is driving me nuts! I do have Diabetes, and am overweight. I read some things about neuropathy, but I have not had the issue before. Can someone help?
Another update:

I had a bad three weeks of "fluttering" again earlier this year (nowhere near as strong a sensation as when my buzzing first started over 2 years ago, but definitely noticeable and annoying). As I've spent two years trying to figure out what my triggers are, I think I might be getting somewhere. This does not mean this is the same for everyone experiencing this - again, reading this whole thread shows that women experiencing this are from all walks of life, age, weight, sexual health and experience, childbearing/no childbearing etc. So it seems it can affect any woman and it's difficult to find what the common denominator is, if there is one.

I think I've found my balance to keep it at bay - when the 3 week relapse started in January, I had just been very sick with a cold for 2 weeks and so had not done any working out, nor had I done my daily deep knee bends which I normally do a couple of times a day at work (whenever I go to the bathroom, I wash my hands and then do 6 knee bends/squats - great for the abs). I get 'locked up' in my sacrum/tailbone area and have to have it regularly adjusted at the chiropractor, and deep knee squats definitely target this area and 'lubricate' those joints, my chiro said.

So my 'regimen' is:

- 3 capsules of Benfotiamine B complex supplements daily (Benfotiamine is good for neural issues)
- regular exercise
- monthly chiropractor visits for maintenance of sacrum area
- daily deep knee bends/squats

So the next time I go on vacation and am not in my daily routine, I'll make sure I do my daily knee bends! :)

Disclaimer: this is what seems to work for me. I have no presumption that I know what the real cause of this is or what causes anyone else's buzzing. I'm just relating my own experience on my 'buzzing journey' and what I've discovered helps me stay buzz free. I post it here in the hope of helping someone else should they decide to check it out for themselves, but we are all to take full responsibility for our own well-being. :)
No, but it makes sense to me that the vagina being a very large and powerful cylindrical muscle, and muscle can spasm if it is deficient in magnesium. I know it may be something different for each of us, but the topical application of magnesium oil and the taking of magnesium (aspartate is the form I chose) and that worked for me. Last week my husband and I had sex and it was particularly more aggressive than usual and 2 days later I had, not so much the buzzing vibtating feeling but a combination of that and a very obvious rythmic spasming, so I think the muscle was worked to it's max and (just like working out in the gym too hard where you can damage muscle a little and you feel that shakiness) I had that shakiness happening with my vagina muscle, because I never stopped taking the magnesium, a few days later (no sex) it's gotten better every day. Just for what it's worth! Us women have to help each other, it seems most Doctors just want to give synthetic hormones or give a hystorectomy! There are good Doctors out there though.
Wow! The Internet is wonderful,this exact same thing mysteriously showed up this morning and I stopped to think what I had done yesterday.I had been out enjoying the sun in our backyard on the grass,and I twisted my Lower back by stretching my leg around my body  on my side,to see if I could pop anything that needed it,in fact I got a really good pop right around my sciatic  area,and sure enough this morning I'm buzzing,vibrating, whatever we want to call this on the left side of my very private area,thank everyone who takes the time to write,it's comforting to get such a perfect match!
Thank you for you information. I just started to get this vibration feeling, like a cell phone in my right ovary area, but I am also have lower back pain and leg pain. There are a ton of nerves in this area, and I believe your doctor is right, its just a twitching nerve.  I do a lot of yoga and this started after an intense yoga class, along with the back pain... so I guess I opened up more than hips in class.  Hope everyone is feeling better.. its annoying, but I find a little Advil or Aleve helps calm the nerve so it can rest and get back to normal. xo
Thank you for this comment i was also able to pin point it to my neck movements. like everyone else i was freaking out about this feeling. i was thinking something must be super wrong with me will have to get an adjustment and see if it goes away.
A wonderful Tip I Want to pass on. I get cramps in my legs, feet, ect~ so BAD I think I'm going to call 911. BUT someone told me a bar of soap, you don't even have to unwrap it, just put it on the cramp, and just like that it's gone. I have soap next to my bed and you can also put a bar under your sheets~~
Sweetest Dreams~~~~
muscle spasm, I do believe that's what it is. I get them but it will only last for a few, then it's gone...
Ladies, I can tell you that I have no vagina to vibrate but am having the same sensations described here. Also found an automotive site with many other men having the same feelings in the groin artery area. So it isnt a 'woman' thing if thats' what the doc tries to tell you. The only thing off about my health was in blood tests a couple years ago, I was ok with bad cholesteral level and low on 'good' cholesterol. Everybody these days trying to watch thier diets. Maybe low levels of good cholesterol are allowing arteries to be pinched too easily. Hope something comes out in the news about it. This looks like it is fairly widespread. Have a good day.  Aaron
     That buzzing sensation maybe your body’s reaction to a bacteria that has entered your vagina, such as e. coli from your stool or your partner may not have showered his penis well just before intercourse.
     Either way, two things must be done.  
1. Go and purchase a three day treatment of
Miconazole 3, Yeast infection relief.  Start treatment immediately, and then continue treatment at bedtime.  You should start to feel the buzzing decrease after eight hours.

2. If the buzzing continues after the third treatment, go to your OB/GYN.

• After using the toilet, wipe from front to back, and then drop the tissue; never wipe back and forth.  
• After you pass a stool, always wash up immediately with soap and water.

Wow, I'm a guy and I think that may even help my buzzing, thanks!
so like, my vaginal muscles are spasming, and i find this happens sometimes when i get my period.. and i notice that when it happens i have to pee alot.. so maybe i just get a urinary infection... and it doesn't stop, i wake up and need to pee, the muscles flex's feel like how your vagina feels after an orgasm for me, and it's driving me nuts, i can't have sex cos i feel like i need to pee like 24 / 7 but if i actually pee sometimes nothing comes out and i just feel the muscles go even more mental.... i do not like it... drives me nuts and what do i do if it is a urinary infection?
I have had this buzzing for 2 days now, mainly when I sit down and it's in vagina area... It started after sex with my partner.
I am going to try Magnesium.
so has anyone figrued out what this is?  It just started with me today?
I myself have been so upset with this buzzing feeling, I have been to two doctors Had test urine, and taken anitbiotics and its still there.
Maybe a little calmer now since the doctor gave me diazapam as I got so upset and nervous I ended up at the walk in doctor at 2 30 in the morning so upset and I do think the whole thing the buzzing going on and on made me ill.
I dont know as I dont think the doctors fully understand, but just maybe one day a g p lady doctor suffers from this and then they may just may research and we will have some medicine to help us.
Its bad again tonight , try to ignore it but it hard to do so.
The worst thing up to date for me, but its doesnt stop be sleeping.
So what is it? I havent read anything about what is actually is just suggestions...
I have this exact problem and years ago I was actually diagnosed with vulvodynia. My doctor told me it was because I was taking in to many berry smoothies.  I did not have the buzzing down there but I do now and it is so aggravating!!!!  Is that what it is?  It is not painful just freaking aggravating ans annoying.  Like I have an electrical current down there???
That's because no one really knows JeanineMarie. And we're all having similar symptoms but that doesn't mean they're caused by the same thing.

Seeing medical professionals to rule out cancer or other diseases, STD's etc. is the first thing one should do to make sure it's nothing serious. Have bloodwork done to see how your vitamin/mineral/hormone levels are (such as thyroid etc.). Cover the important things with your doctor.

I saw multiple doctors and specialists when I had this 3 years ago (in fact I think yesterday was the three year anniversary of when it started), and they could find nothing wrong with me physically. So that gave me some peace of mind. I carefully monitored my diet, cut out caffeine, make sure to say alkaline, but ultimately I just had to let it run its course. I've been buzz/flutter free for most of the last 2 years.
I googled this feeling i was experiencing a week ago & have now got a urinary tract infection which i haven't had in at least 4 years. A few days before my period i had the throbbing/tingling sensation, then as soon as it finished i got that terrible burning feeling when going to the toilet. Just thought i'd share.
Hi all, I have this buzzing but behind the pubic bone, so like uterus or bladder. I am post menopausal, have no back or ovary or anything problems to go along with this. I thought it may be a PARASITE! But as I get a little restless leg syndrome too, I am going to try the magnesium and the water too. Thanks sooo much!
Apparently this sensation and the other symptoms associated with it are different for all of us.  How frustrating!!  I would love to find a definite answer, but that just doesn't seem possible.  I guess I will have to wait for it to go away, get worse, or who knows what.
hi ive had the same syptoms as u.
i thought great ive got cervix cancer or something but i went out last nite with my husband and wore medium high heels and walked heaps. dont normally wear heels.i also have a bad back.still work and all but it hurts constantly and go to chiro as much as possible... pinched nerve maybe?.
hi i started only a few days ago when the buzzing feeling actually woke me up! i thought i'd left my cell phone in bed somehow. i soon experienced more of the buzzing (in the pelvic area) when i was sitiing at competor and started to get really worried about it. after reading all your symptems and many others i had not realised this was a known feeling from others, i thought i was alone. i will mention to my doctor next time i go. thx for listening.
I had this first when I was pregnant 17+ years ago. The ob/gyn just looked at me sort of crazy and disregarded it.  It eventually went away.  I had it happen a few times over the years and it always goes away on it's own.  This time I've had if for weeks and it becoming SO annoying.  Left side of my labia.  It comes and goes in waves.  Every so many minutes......I feel this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that lasts like 5-15 seconds and then subsides.  This is so crazy that so many women feel this and NO ONE knows what is happening to us and we just get dismissed!  
I was a bit nervous to Google 'buzzing in vaginal area' -lol, but to my relief I saw that people are describing EXACTLY the same sensation. Its very faint and slightly annoying and YES it does fell like a vibrating cell phone. I'm 42 with no medical issues I know about. I did get a mirror to see if there were any changes in the 'nether' region I could see nothing but 'maybe' the side with the buzzing is 'slightly' swollen but maybe not. Anyone had an conclusive medical opinions mine started a week ago
Its funny a male should respond HOWEVER I think you are right on the money about a vein or artery swelling or being 'slightly' pinched or one vein swelling and pushing on another and causing it, and its good to know that the problem is not just applied to females.
I just searched this on google because it just started happening to me today, I thought I was crazy! Mine is right exactly in the middle, I just had a cystoscope done yesterday and found i had a uti, I was having the cystoscope due to interstitial cystitis I have been plagued with for the last 6 months. The uti finding was a surprise. Could these spasms be from the catheter into the urethra? So weird feeling. And is there anything to take OTC that will stop it?
I too have pelvic vibrating and have an IUD. i have found many people with IUD have same problem but no answers.  Gyno thinks im nuts
noticed this vibrating/buzzing almost a week, not consistent, but it's annoying if your laying to go to sleep, especially if you go to the bathroom constantly, for my bladder is weak; that and a lack of fluids may play part. it was weird when it started, and never had this sensation. i am taking magnesium,and am to fast to have blood work to find what my levels are? i do have my sciatica act up once in awhile, but i also seem as i am getting older my body just feels different, and i literally feel like there is something (sickly) wrong..i shall take notes to when it starts, how long, and how often..as well as how much water i am intaking, and if i moved my body the wrong way..since we all have felt this, it does not discriminate on age, so it could be simple muscle spasms? if it keeps up, am calling doc.,( for i am having other physically issues) w/ myself as well... good luck!
Hi I've been having the same thing happening to me over the last few week I have also just found out that I'm pregnant and was worried it might be something to do with my pregnancy but I never had it with my other pregnancys
Excuse me? I feel like you know a lot, so I feel the need to put a vibrator on my vagina, and when I put it on it feels great. But towards the end I get an intense thing, it feels good but I'm really confused on why I feel the need to do this. Please re-spond at chloe.***@****, and also could this cause pregnancy or what. And also there is NO MALE involved in this what so ever. Thanks!
I am so shocked so so many women have this problem , I have this buzzing , throbbing , twisting feeling , sometimes in my vagina area, sometimes left side of my groin , sometimes right,, mostly the right , I do get buzzing feeling down my right leg to the knee , sometimes slightly to my right ankle,, buzzing feeling all over my body,, electric light feeling down my spine as I try to sleep
Not that bad when standing ,, I dont feel as much ill, but its does cause anxiety to my mind , I feel like I cant concentrate to what people are saying sometimes as I am thinking please please go away, every morning I feel please let this have gone , but no I cant cry about it as I want to stay strong , been to a doctor , gyni and now need more tablets, what is this ,, why are so many women  getting the same problem ,,
My buzzing just started about 24-48 hours ago and I also looked around for my phone...

If I didn't find this link I would have chalked it up to the crazies!

Does anyone have theses items in common with me?
Breast Cancer?
Herceptin?
trial for Pertuzamab
acupuncture?
Radiation therapy?

Just curious if any of these could be the cause...
Same here dear,ovarian cyst was confirmed by my gynecologist and I feel strange sensation
I had a vibration in my inner thigh/ pelvic area in the crease where the thigh and pelvic bone meet. It started last Friday afternoon. It was driving me crazy. My doctor says this was a magnesium deficiency and to take mag citrate 200-400 ml twice a day. She also called in generic flexeril 5mg on Monday. By Tuesday afternoon the vibration was gone.  Hope this helps !!!
i am having this vibrations frm last 3 weeks every time sleeping,sitting,working,having shower.... infact i had sex to get rid off this but no help ... why this is happening?
I have the same thing.  Just started today and already driving me crazy.  Do you have any new ideas yet

***@****
I have the buzzing vibration in my vagina too
He said that what we are feeling is the surge of blood running through our bodies. He said it's like feeling/hearing your heart beat. He says it's nothing serious however he didn't sound like he believed what I was saying either.

Hope this helps. No he didn't give a solution and Yes I still have the problem.
Another update: I had a blood test for other things (thyroid, iron, etc.) in December, and my Vitamin B levels showed to be higher than normal. This didn't surprise me since I take 3 caps of the Benfotiamine B complex every day. I had been buzz-free for more than a year so I thought it might be time to reduce the amount of the Benfotiamine B supplements. So I reduced it down to 2 capsules a day instead of three. Within 2 weeks, my buzzing returned. Not as acute or strong as when the problem first started (4.5 years ago now), but definitely noticeable and extremely annoying. I went back up to the 3 capsules a day, and it took about 3 weeks for the fluttering to go away again. So I guess I would be stuck with that dang buzzing for life maybe, if not for the vit. B supplement. At least I have my 'cure'.

Benfotiamine is also known as vitamin B1 - like riboflavin is B2, niacin is B3 etc. I get "AOR Advanced B Complex" from cureself ******* if anyone is interested.
My buzzing just started this morning but its tapering off later at night, i was scared to death to think it could a herpes but its wasnt a painful tingling just a pulsating buzz like if you cut your circulation off on the left side of my vagina lip.

Im trying my best not to run screaming to the doc....hopefully its just a pinched nerve in my back somewhere.

Glad Im not the only one this is happening too....started to think i was crazy
Omg!! I am normal,, lol I've been having the same vibration down below, my partner n friends think I'm made n laugh at me:-( I do suffer with lower back pain so maybe it's a nerve or something. So pleased I'm not the only only humming from my noo noo!! ;-))
I am having the same problem **** is annoying I made an appointment with my OBGYN because I'm also experiencing pelvic pain during intercourse and I'm certain I have another cyst, but never have I had this annoyance of vibration, sounds crazy and retarded but yeah any suggestions on how to bring up the conversation to the Doctor .. Yes doctor I think my virgina swallowed a cell phone and it was set on vibrate take the **** out please thank u .. LOL  
I have had it about 2 months now to
Anyone heard of sounds resonating in the vaginal area? Can you shed some light? If someone comes by to speak to me unannounced or if the telephone rings, car horn blows, doorbell rings, accidentally kicking my foot on something causes the motion or action to register directly to my vagina. It is quite bothersome and no has heard of such.
Had this constant buzzing vibrating in my vag for two solid weeks now, Im exhausted, it doesn't stop. Had lower back pain with it too. Terrified its permanent for life/ Permanent nerve damage . Life doesn't seem worth it if I'm like this day in day out. Im only 25 and I feel like its all over.
I thought I was loosing my mind and this just started a couple of days ago. I was thinking that either I was sitting on my cell phone or my cell phone is near by. After I have used the bath room that is when I feel it. I have to have a partial spinal fusion done, I have sciatica nerve issues along with diverticulitis I had fibroids in the past and after i had my daughter in 07 the year after that I had the fibroid immobilization doctor found two more at a regular check up so now I got the partial hysterectomy she took my uterus, and my cervix which left me with two ovaries. The following year I had my left ovary taken I had a cyst of both but my left side was bigger than the right side and it decided to fuse it'self onto my bowl and other places for I developed adhesion a band of scars that was causing problem now i have one ovary and they saved that one and now i'm going through per-menapause at the age of 45 with two girls one grown one in elem school so if you find out any thing in your research so I won't go to the doctor as if I had something to drink before being seen lol thank you  
Yall were great ! I thought it was strange when I first got "it" few days ago.  It wasn't hurting me, but I get them often when I'm relaxed.  It made me wonder if that was normal or not so I decided to google it up by asking, "why is my ***** buzzing ? Viola ! There yall here !!! Thank you all and I feel so much better !!! THANKS again !!!!!!!!!!  :)
I am 48 years old and have been having a vibrating feeling in my vagina for the past 2 weeks, can anyone help me with this. what is it, it is very annoying.

thanks
this post is from 2011 - what happened? Someone I know is having this issue. I have been told it's a demon enitity  - just saying ... I'm not telling her that. ( she was into the occult - fortune telllers, tarot cards, wicca ) - things like that.
Per my above post- out of the 200 people posting - I'm interested to see if there is a correlation with this & occult practices. How many of you have been to a fortune teller, tarot card reader etc? Some type of wicca celebration or meeting? If a lot of you have been, my pastor may be right. I hope not. I just want to help her & all test are normal. She also has vibrating at other places. 90% in her VJ. Any one  else?
Well when this first happened to me I freaked out asked my Dr. And was told its nothing more then your va jay jay falling asleep....lol...nothing really any different that your leg or something falling asleep, idk. I've never had a back surgery or anything so idk maybe it's nothing to worry about, that's what I was told anyway, good luck to you all
This is a really old post originally left in 2007!  good luck
I think so. Its just a muscle thing. But I want to add. In my experience it was just one episode yesterday right after going to pee but I am having my period and notice that after the buzz I started bleeding a lot with big clots. I guess the weight of my fibroids (that I know i have many) can be blame and the contraction itself make at least one let go. I feel lighter now :) …it feels like some natural way of my body to heal.
Thanks everybody for sharing
I have had this internal vagina buzzing for the last 3 weeks, am scared its going to be permanent. its horrible and is ruining my life. i keep thinking what if it never goes away
Hello.  This post is very old having been posted in 2007.  Please start your own posts by hitting "ask a question" above. Thank you
Hello I.m a 59 year old nurse and I have had all kinds of patients and I don"t understand this. I have had this for about three years now on and off. It feels like someone placed and electric tooth brush inside of your vagina. I've seen excellent doctors who attribute it to everything from menopause to my back. I don:t believe this is your own physiological state, I feel we have been targeted for biological torture. You may have said something or done something to someone in power did not like. This started in my legs, then shocks in my chest to my vagina. It is designed to drain you physically and psychologically. I also heard a voice at work and I am not crazy. If we contact our  congressmen and women they may be able to stop this. This iis not your body this is controlled from an outside source, It does listen to you, Lets pray someone in power can stop this.
Hi there.  You've tacked your post onto an older thread.  The original poster is no longer on the forum.  You can start your own question to get more responses by hitting the green "post a question" at the top of this page.

I'm sorry you are having this difficulty and discomfort.  Sounds upsetting and I can understand your frustration.  Have you spoken to your doctor about this?  Have you had a recent pelvic exam and talked to your ob/gyn about this as well?  
Yes I have had several GYNE exams and medications and this buzzing persists just.
Do they offer any explanation for it at all?  Just to cover all of your basis, have you seen a psychiatrist?  Just to make sure nothing is going on there that could be addressed so you can be comfortable again.  
I am 46 years old and have been feeling the vibrating sensation on pelvic region also, I went to my doctor today and she said my cervix was pretty hard she made me an appointment for two weeks from today to get my blood work done, she also found a painful lump on my right breast and I will be getting a mammogram, also the right side of my face goes numb, is anyone else feeling this or knows what is causing this
This is the 2nd time I've had this happen in about 2 years.  When doing the google search to see if I was crazy (I imagined getting routed to Porn sites), I was relieved to find all of your comments.  And I laughed out at the sense of humor so many of you displayed.  I know it isn't a laughing matter, but among life's many twists and turns, this one is pretty funny.  No particular back problems here. I'll try the magnesium and see if that makes any difference.
Just thought I'd share my story.  This miserable and disturbing situation, started about a week ago for me.  I don't know if it will be good for everyone but I got relief from that vibrating buzzing feeling that was making me so uncomfortable having/doing Reflexology.  Good luck ladies.

It's most likely you've contracted an STD. Have you heard of the saying "you'r burning"?
Wow, you are a clueless idiot. It is NOT an STD. Keep your ignorant uninformed opinions off of here.
I just want it to stop so I can go to sleep!
Mine started two weeks ago after sex with hubby. It is present faintly during day but tonight it has not stopped for close to 2 hours. I have lower back pain and a possible uti, take magnesium and exercise regularly , one child now 12 from natural birth. Have read vitamin B deficiency could be cause too. I am so shocked to find so many others. I too was putting off googling vibration near vagina!, lol.
I found this too, not perticually helpful but interesting that the doctor said she has many women who have this! http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videos/a-vibrating-vagina
I'm so glad I'm not the only one doing this mine is also on my lower left side.
Reading all the comments
I know I'm not alone
I thought I was going
Crazy  
I am having the same problem never had that buzzing feeling before last week when I went for a transvaginal ultrasound and had a trainee do it.  It was my first time so wasn't sure what to expect but after a while she seemed to be taking way to long in my eyes when I asked her how long again she'd  say just a lil bit.  It seemed like she didn't know what she was doing when I started getting restless she went for the seasoned tech who came in and went back in with the probe to retake all the pics again after that this buzzing feeling started I felt like a nerve or nerves were damaged this was at the Melrose Wakefield Hospital in Melrose MA.
I'm 19 years old and this has been happening to me for 2-3 months. Not painful just annoying. It is internal (feels like it's inside my vagina) and I can't stand it! It usually only happens when I'm sitting down or laying down in bed. I'm not sexually active ( or ever have been) or use vibrators but I am on birth control (depo). I think this could have something to do with my back, I was hit by a car when I was 11 ( fractured hip) and in high school I think I tested positive for scoliosis once. I can say this happens almost everyday for short intervals at a time. Doesn't last very long but I don't want this to get worse. Overall I am very healthy no health issues, I am at the perfect weight for my height. I have no clue why this is happening to me.

Side note: about a year or two ago something similar happened with my eyelid. Random tingling/twitching which lasted for a few weeks and never came back.

I don't know if I am stressed but I am in college.
are you still having this problem?  mine started about a week ago and i cant stand it!  
I have been experiencing the exact same thing for many years. I never mentioned it to my MD because I figured he'd think I'm a nut. For the past four days it has been constant, with the "buzzing" lasting about one second and occurring every 15 seconds. It does not hurt, just puzzling!