Internal Vibrating/Buzzing in My Vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-271 comments:
I READ MOST ALL THESE COMMENTS..But I have had this cell phone vibration feeling for about 2 months now, and the dr. smiled, and said it's probably my labito or women changes.  What a crock!  I noticed it starts seconds after I go to the bathroom. And now for the past couple days, it is just starting when I walk or just relaxing, but its much lighter, and doesnt last as long as when I used the bathroom. It will start vibrating in waves, and last from 2 to 4 minutes or so. I have had back surgery over 12 years ago, and have thorasic and lumbar disc disease, plus alot of stomach problems and fibromialgia (fibromyalgia). But I've had this for years, so I think something else is going on. I have hemorrhoids, along with itching and tenderness in the vagina area,and using a new medicated cream, so I'm wondering if this is the cause. I'm not in a sexual relationship either for the past 2 years, so that isnt it.  I still am doing alot of search, and so far, nothing much yet. Hope someone can find the real problem here.  Many though have there vibrations starting differently, so i don't know if it would be related to mine.
Anyone use when they had their periods??? My machine states obviously U can use when pregnant but then says not to if you have periods
Any thoughts on why?? Just wandering if this could be a reason why some of the people commenting have had issues with irregular cycles etc

Thoughts..
Im 17 and im having this feeling. Its weird and I dont like it!
Try going to a chiropractor.  I had the same symptoms as you described.  All I needed was one adjustment by the chiropractor and the problem went away.  Hope this helps!
I read all the posted comments on this subject.  I also have been having this weird buzzing/vibrating sensation in the front, left pubic bone area.  It's extremely annoying and is keeping me from getting good sleep.  My husband also laughed at me when I told him about it today.  It started about 3 days ago and seems to start right after I pee, as somebody else stated.  On another website, it stated that this symptom is from LOWER BACK PROBLEMS, TRAUMA TO THE BACK AND/OR NERVE DAMAGE OR PINCHING.  I just had back surgery 3 weeks ago for a blown out disc that was in my spinal cavity and was pressing severely on my sciatic nerve.  Many people who are having this symptom are pregnant, have had a hysterectomy or have back problems.  (which all cause trauma to the back!!!!!)  That's gotta be what it is.  I am seeing my PCP tomorrow, will also call my Gynecologist.....but am thinking that my NEUROSURGEON will probably be the one who know exactly what it is.  Good Luck All!
OH my gosh...So happy I am not the only one. I just started having this vibration down there, it's super annoying and it won't go away no matter what I try. I guess I need to go to a chiropractor soon and figure out if it is actually nerve damage.
Same thing for roughly 2 weeks. Strange feeling. Um, I have been on the pill for several years since having cysts on my ovaries which were taken out in a major op. I take the pill Yasmin & have to have the pill for 3 months straight before having a break. Now have my period & still the same feeling. Anyone please have an answer?
I don't know what happened to an older post I put on this forum, too bad it's gone because alot of women might have gone to the health store and got some magnesium supplements ( I used magnesium aspartates and magnesium chloride transdermally) and not suffered with that aggravating buzzing! It started with me about 2 years after I started getting restless leg syndrome, I also had calf muscle cramping at night intermittently and for years. I no longer have any of that since I take magnesium regularly, a couple times I ran out and it was a week or so before I picked some up and the restless leg started to come back. I urge you ladies to give it a shot, it may not be the key for all but after all the research I did I am absolutely sure it is magnesium deficiency for me and they say alot of us are magnesium deficient as we are not getting it in our diets like we used to and there are alot of chemicals that antagonize magnesium levels or compete for the absorption points. If you try it let us know if it helped you or not. It was about 3 weeks before I started to get full relief.
Manda, try magnesium supplements, they are about $12. to $15. for a 60 day supply depending where you get them, it's cheap, your body needs it and might fix you right up!
Hi weirdoo, try magnesium! It worked for my weird vaginal buzzing.
Hi Carla, interesting that you said water worked for you as our intelligent bodies have many different ways to try to let us know there is a shortage of water in the body, heart burn, headache, stomach aches, muscle aches...why not buzzing vagina? very interesting? I never thought of that til I read your post!
my lil girl is 6 and she says shes haveing this same thing shes said it started after she done the splits when she was  5 i tell her to go take a hot bath she said it dotn help and she hates it noone can seem to make it go away i have never heard about this before until i googled it and seen all of u guys talking about it . does anything help she is going nuts over this ?
I too have this same sensation! I am in my early 30's and the feeling lasted for hrs. (12 maybe) with little pauses in between. It feels so strange, I am do to ovulate any day now, and it is a moon. I was joking with a friend about it today, maybe my huhu is ruled by the moon?? Would be interesting to find the cause.
Wow I am having the same issue. Did anyone find out what is was/is? This is the second day this has been happening to me..buzzing like ffeeling in vaginal area. Not painful byt annoying and raises a little concern since I am clueless as to what it is..it is hard for me to pinpoint what side it is on..i think mostly left side. But now it is mire frequent than b4!
I am 28yr old and I have this vibration in the vagina area I have asked my doctor about this why is it happening to me?  he told me that it is a muscle spasm and that there is no reason why it happens
Please take magnesium, it may be your answer too, it sure stopped mine, weirdest thing though that vaginal buzzing eh?
Possible magnesium deficiency, magnesium is cheap and it took about 3 weeks to a month for it to go away 100% but did have some relief immediately, depends on how deficient one is.
I also have the same, but it only occurs when I'm laying down in bed facing up, I can feel it like inside vibrating for a few seconds, more frequently on my period. I guess it could be related to it, I'm also in my 20's too
Hi Salliejean,

did you find out what it was from your Doctor?

thnx
Ariane
pls send me an email to ***@****
WOW! I'm overjoyed to find these questions and comments, but flabberghasted as well. What I'm experiencing is so weird I'm waiting for an appointment with an evangelic counselor. I had something snap in my right brain about two years ago, slight stroke, and everything's been going wacky since, logically; seeing weird things, hearing things. (Perfectly sane professional, I assure you...53 yr old female).

After reading your comments, I'd say i'm prolly experiencing all of the above; urethrea infection, thrush/vaginal (although no discharge), pulsating, vibrating to the point of asexual intercourse!! Whatever that means! I haven't slept through a night for over two months, and it continues during the day standing, sitting, laying...etc., no matter which way.

Certainly, it could be infections, pinched nerves, whatever..but that doesn't account for the 'swirling' feeling around my body, the full-body vibration, chills up the back sides of my head, pulsating from the left side to the right side of my body, and how (AS SOMEONE STATED), IT appears to 'respond' to my questions!!...(you'all ARE going to think I'm nutz)...keeping rhythm to music!! NO JOKE...and it's not funny in the least.

I would just like to relax and enjoy it mostly...when it's not hurting me! (if IT, whatever IT is), would just allow me to sleep!
I could very well be mistaken, but I think it has everything to do with the electromagnetic polar shifting of our planet?????? And/or something spiritual...possibly??

IT even gets more strange...I think of something and then see it, on TV, hear it on the radio, someone repeats what I just thought..etc..like we're all being connected????
Sorry ladies...I'm an avid Mag/Cal and Vit B fan/user..but come to think of it, I haven't been tested to see if I'm actually absorbing any of the stuff???hmmm..next idea please :)
Sure wished they could flip these threads so the most recent comments would be at the top? Or maybe it's my cell phone app?
i have this vibration on the right side of my groin now its been going on for 2 days. Ive had it before in different parts of my body.  I have read all the comments and I don not think anyone needs to seek medial help.  Unless its painful.  I don not think the medical field has an answer for everything.  I dont think that like to even believe in spiritual things either.  My theory on this is vibrations from the chakras.  Either they are opening or receiving energy.  I have also heard possible kundalini rising. Try asking your Dr if they think that's what it is !! lol we dont have an answer for everything but you know your own body.  Listen to what you feel. I am a very spiritual being and have many abilities and i feel there's a purpose to these strange vibrations. Mine vibrate on and off same consistency then stop and start again.
i have this also and I read your post and got the magneseum and I also got potaseum as someone else suggested. The druggest said do abdomin (abdomen) streaches and I did that too. somebody else said drink water. So I did it all and it has started to go away. i is getting fainter and the days go by. It has only been 7 days now total but it is slacking off or I am getting use to it. thanks for your post. It helps to know we are not alone with this wierd vibrating buzzing sinsation in our groin area. I did notice an link for a pelvic inflamitory desiese and I am going to check that out as well. Thanks
I have had this happen for YEARS, well before cell phones were in such high use. And before I ever used a vibrator. I'm 35 and no major health issues. The internal spasming, maybe lasting 3-10 minutes, never freaked me out or caused disturbing concern. All I do is adjust how I'm sitting, lean forward if necessary, and enjoy. Probably muscle spasms and may be due to how long it's been since penetrative sex... Almost like a hands-free orgasm!
That's great that you got some releif, I have had pretty much 100% releif with the magnesiium, the other thing magnesium has helped me with (plus my diet and lifestyle changes too I guess) is that I do not get shaky after  my fast walking (2 to 4 kms on the tread mill in the winter) and my floor exercises and stretches, it used to be that my muscles would get very shaky and I would feel kind of weak and it would take an hour or two to feel steady, I don't get that since taking magnesium! Another magnesium improvement for me was my mood and general state of mind, I've been so much happier and steady mood wise, I don't seem to get angry as fast and if I do get angry I get over it faster. I rarely get the feeling of 'doom' I used to get when I got up i the morning! Check out this site and you will be amazed at how important magnesium really is, it's very informative.

http://www.mgwater.com/  

take care!
I thought i was going a little crazy glad to know im not the only one but i would like to know what this vibration is and yes i to concur with the cell phone!
I am so relieved to know that this cell phone type buzzing isn't that unusual. I've been having it happen for about 5 days now & I wouldn't mention it to anyone. I couldn't come up with a casual way of saying "my vagina feels like it's vibrating". I actually pulled my cell phone out of my pocket several times to check to see if I had a call or text. I do have a newly diagnosed ovarian cyst on the same (right) side but somehow doubt a connection between the 2 but who knows. I am 29 with 3 children - 8yrs, 5 yrs, & 2 yrs old. I have an IUD & do not have a monthly period with it. I hope we all find an answer (and peace of mind).
Has anyone gotten a definitive answer as to what the buzzing/vibration is? I just started feeling it on Sunday, and it is relentless. It will stop for a few minutes, but then it's right back to the buzzing. I am getting really annoyed at this and have NEVER experienced anything like this before. I did have intercourse with my boyfriend the day it started and figured it was my nerve endings spasming. But I have not had sex in 2 days and the buzz is driving me nuts! I do have Diabetes, and am overweight. I read some things about neuropathy, but I have not had the issue before. Can someone help?
Another update:

I had a bad three weeks of "fluttering" again earlier this year (nowhere near as strong a sensation as when my buzzing first started over 2 years ago, but definitely noticeable and annoying). As I've spent two years trying to figure out what my triggers are, I think I might be getting somewhere. This does not mean this is the same for everyone experiencing this - again, reading this whole thread shows that women experiencing this are from all walks of life, age, weight, sexual health and experience, childbearing/no childbearing etc. So it seems it can affect any woman and it's difficult to find what the common denominator is, if there is one.

I think I've found my balance to keep it at bay - when the 3 week relapse started in January, I had just been very sick with a cold for 2 weeks and so had not done any working out, nor had I done my daily deep knee bends which I normally do a couple of times a day at work (whenever I go to the bathroom, I wash my hands and then do 6 knee bends/squats - great for the abs). I get 'locked up' in my sacrum/tailbone area and have to have it regularly adjusted at the chiropractor, and deep knee squats definitely target this area and 'lubricate' those joints, my chiro said.

So my 'regimen' is:

- 3 capsules of Benfotiamine B complex supplements daily (Benfotiamine is good for neural issues)
- regular exercise
- monthly chiropractor visits for maintenance of sacrum area
- daily deep knee bends/squats

So the next time I go on vacation and am not in my daily routine, I'll make sure I do my daily knee bends! :)

Disclaimer: this is what seems to work for me. I have no presumption that I know what the real cause of this is or what causes anyone else's buzzing. I'm just relating my own experience on my 'buzzing journey' and what I've discovered helps me stay buzz free. I post it here in the hope of helping someone else should they decide to check it out for themselves, but we are all to take full responsibility for our own well-being. :)
No, but it makes sense to me that the vagina being a very large and powerful cylindrical muscle, and muscle can spasm if it is deficient in magnesium. I know it may be something different for each of us, but the topical application of magnesium oil and the taking of magnesium (aspartate is the form I chose) and that worked for me. Last week my husband and I had sex and it was particularly more aggressive than usual and 2 days later I had, not so much the buzzing vibtating feeling but a combination of that and a very obvious rythmic spasming, so I think the muscle was worked to it's max and (just like working out in the gym too hard where you can damage muscle a little and you feel that shakiness) I had that shakiness happening with my vagina muscle, because I never stopped taking the magnesium, a few days later (no sex) it's gotten better every day. Just for what it's worth! Us women have to help each other, it seems most Doctors just want to give synthetic hormones or give a hystorectomy! There are good Doctors out there though.
Wow! The Internet is wonderful,this exact same thing mysteriously showed up this morning and I stopped to think what I had done yesterday.I had been out enjoying the sun in our backyard on the grass,and I twisted my Lower back by stretching my leg around my body  on my side,to see if I could pop anything that needed it,in fact I got a really good pop right around my sciatic  area,and sure enough this morning I'm buzzing,vibrating, whatever we want to call this on the left side of my very private area,thank everyone who takes the time to write,it's comforting to get such a perfect match!
Thank you for you information. I just started to get this vibration feeling, like a cell phone in my right ovary area, but I am also have lower back pain and leg pain. There are a ton of nerves in this area, and I believe your doctor is right, its just a twitching nerve.  I do a lot of yoga and this started after an intense yoga class, along with the back pain... so I guess I opened up more than hips in class.  Hope everyone is feeling better.. its annoying, but I find a little Advil or Aleve helps calm the nerve so it can rest and get back to normal. xo
Thank you for this comment i was also able to pin point it to my neck movements. like everyone else i was freaking out about this feeling. i was thinking something must be super wrong with me will have to get an adjustment and see if it goes away.
I also get that now and then~~ It's like my cell phone on Vibrate going off, but I look over and my cell is on the table...I always wonder what up with that?? Just never ask~~ So no your not ALONE. What was I going to say"Does your Vagina Vibrate" Cause mine does..lol at least we all know now!!

BZZZZZZZZ ;)
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
A wonderful Tip I Want to pass on. I get cramps in my legs, feet, ect~ so BAD I think I'm going to call 911. BUT someone told me a bar of soap, you don't even have to unwrap it, just put it on the cramp, and just like that it's gone. I have soap next to my bed and you can also put a bar under your sheets~~
Sweetest Dreams~~~~
muscle spasm, I do believe that's what it is. I get them but it will only last for a few, then it's gone...
Ladies, I can tell you that I have no vagina to vibrate but am having the same sensations described here. Also found an automotive site with many other men having the same feelings in the groin artery area. So it isnt a 'woman' thing if thats' what the doc tries to tell you. The only thing off about my health was in blood tests a couple years ago, I was ok with bad cholesteral level and low on 'good' cholesterol. Everybody these days trying to watch thier diets. Maybe low levels of good cholesterol are allowing arteries to be pinched too easily. Hope something comes out in the news about it. This looks like it is fairly widespread. Have a good day.  Aaron
     That buzzing sensation maybe your body’s reaction to a bacteria that has entered your vagina, such as e. coli from your stool or your partner may not have showered his penis well just before intercourse.
     Either way, two things must be done.  
1. Go and purchase a three day treatment of
Miconazole 3, Yeast infection relief.  Start treatment immediately, and then continue treatment at bedtime.  You should start to feel the buzzing decrease after eight hours.

2. If the buzzing continues after the third treatment, go to your OB/GYN.

• After using the toilet, wipe from front to back, and then drop the tissue; never wipe back and forth.  
• After you pass a stool, always wash up immediately with soap and water.

Wow, I'm a guy and I think that may even help my buzzing, thanks!
so like, my vaginal muscles are spasming, and i find this happens sometimes when i get my period.. and i notice that when it happens i have to pee alot.. so maybe i just get a urinary infection... and it doesn't stop, i wake up and need to pee, the muscles flex's feel like how your vagina feels after an orgasm for me, and it's driving me nuts, i can't have sex cos i feel like i need to pee like 24 / 7 but if i actually pee sometimes nothing comes out and i just feel the muscles go even more mental.... i do not like it... drives me nuts and what do i do if it is a urinary infection?
I have had this buzzing for 2 days now, mainly when I sit down and it's in vagina area... It started after sex with my partner.
I am going to try Magnesium.
so has anyone figrued out what this is?  It just started with me today?
I myself have been so upset with this buzzing feeling, I have been to two doctors Had test urine, and taken anitbiotics and its still there.
Maybe a little calmer now since the doctor gave me diazapam as I got so upset and nervous I ended up at the walk in doctor at 2 30 in the morning so upset and I do think the whole thing the buzzing going on and on made me ill.
I dont know as I dont think the doctors fully understand, but just maybe one day a g p lady doctor suffers from this and then they may just may research and we will have some medicine to help us.
Its bad again tonight , try to ignore it but it hard to do so.
The worst thing up to date for me, but its doesnt stop be sleeping.
So what is it? I havent read anything about what is actually is just suggestions...
I have this exact problem and years ago I was actually diagnosed with vulvodynia. My doctor told me it was because I was taking in to many berry smoothies.  I did not have the buzzing down there but I do now and it is so aggravating!!!!  Is that what it is?  It is not painful just freaking aggravating ans annoying.  Like I have an electrical current down there???
That's because no one really knows JeanineMarie. And we're all having similar symptoms but that doesn't mean they're caused by the same thing.

Seeing medical professionals to rule out cancer or other diseases, STD's etc. is the first thing one should do to make sure it's nothing serious. Have bloodwork done to see how your vitamin/mineral/hormone levels are (such as thyroid etc.). Cover the important things with your doctor.

I saw multiple doctors and specialists when I had this 3 years ago (in fact I think yesterday was the three year anniversary of when it started), and they could find nothing wrong with me physically. So that gave me some peace of mind. I carefully monitored my diet, cut out caffeine, make sure to say alkaline, but ultimately I just had to let it run its course. I've been buzz/flutter free for most of the last 2 years.
I googled this feeling i was experiencing a week ago & have now got a urinary tract infection which i haven't had in at least 4 years. A few days before my period i had the throbbing/tingling sensation, then as soon as it finished i got that terrible burning feeling when going to the toilet. Just thought i'd share.
Hi all, I have this buzzing but behind the pubic bone, so like uterus or bladder. I am post menopausal, have no back or ovary or anything problems to go along with this. I thought it may be a PARASITE! But as I get a little restless leg syndrome too, I am going to try the magnesium and the water too. Thanks sooo much!
Apparently this sensation and the other symptoms associated with it are different for all of us.  How frustrating!!  I would love to find a definite answer, but that just doesn't seem possible.  I guess I will have to wait for it to go away, get worse, or who knows what.
hi ive had the same syptoms (symptoms) as u.
i thought great ive got cervix cancer or something but i went out last nite with my husband and wore medium high heels and walked heaps. dont normally wear heels.i also have a bad back.still work and all but it hurts constantly and go to chiro as much as possible... pinched nerve maybe?.
hi i started only a few days ago when the buzzing feeling actually woke me up! i thought i'd left my cell phone in bed somehow. i soon experienced more of the buzzing (in the pelvic area) when i was sitiing at competor and started to get really worried about it. after reading all your symptems and many others i had not realised this was a known feeling from others, i thought i was alone. i will mention to my doctor next time i go. thx for listening.
I had this first when I was pregnant 17+ years ago. The ob/gyn just looked at me sort of crazy and disregarded it.  It eventually went away.  I had it happen a few times over the years and it always goes away on it's own.  This time I've had if for weeks and it becoming SO annoying.  Left side of my labia.  It comes and goes in waves.  Every so many minutes......I feel this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that lasts like 5-15 seconds and then subsides.  This is so crazy that so many women feel this and NO ONE knows what is happening to us and we just get dismissed!  
I was a bit nervous to Google 'buzzing in vaginal area' -lol, but to my relief I saw that people are describing EXACTLY the same sensation. Its very faint and slightly annoying and YES it does fell like a vibrating cell phone. I'm 42 with no medical issues I know about. I did get a mirror to see if there were any changes in the 'nether' region I could see nothing but 'maybe' the side with the buzzing is 'slightly' swollen but maybe not. Anyone had an conclusive medical opinions mine started a week ago
Its funny a male should respond HOWEVER I think you are right on the money about a vein or artery swelling or being 'slightly' pinched or one vein swelling and pushing on another and causing it, and its good to know that the problem is not just applied to females.
I just searched this on google because it just started happening to me today, I thought I was crazy! Mine is right exactly in the middle, I just had a cystoscope done yesterday and found i had a uti, I was having the cystoscope due to interstitial cystitis I have been plagued with for the last 6 months. The uti finding was a surprise. Could these spasms be from the catheter into the urethra? So weird feeling. And is there anything to take OTC that will stop it?
I too have pelvic vibrating and have an IUD. i have found many people with IUD have same problem but no answers.  Gyno thinks im nuts
noticed this vibrating/buzzing almost a week, not consistent, but it's annoying if your laying to go to sleep, especially if you go to the bathroom constantly, for my bladder is weak; that and a lack of fluids may play part. it was weird when it started, and never had this sensation. i am taking magnesium,and am to fast to have blood work to find what my levels are? i do have my sciatica act up once in awhile, but i also seem as i am getting older my body just feels different, and i literally feel like there is something (sickly) wrong..i shall take notes to when it starts, how long, and how often..as well as how much water i am intaking, and if i moved my body the wrong way..since we all have felt this, it does not discriminate on age, so it could be simple muscle spasms? if it keeps up, am calling doc.,( for i am having other physically issues) w/ myself as well... good luck!
Hi I've been having the same thing happening to me over the last few week I have also just found out that I'm pregnant and was worried it might be something to do with my pregnancy but I never had it with my other pregnancys
Excuse me? I feel like you know a lot, so I feel the need to put a vibrator on my vagina, and when I put it on it feels great. But towards the end I get an intense thing, it feels good but I'm really confused on why I feel the need to do this. Please re-spond at chloe.***@****, and also could this cause pregnancy or what. And also there is NO MALE involved in this what so ever. Thanks!
I am so shocked so so many women have this problem , I have this buzzing , throbbing , twisting feeling , sometimes in my vagina area, sometimes left side of my groin , sometimes right,, mostly the right , I do get buzzing feeling down my right leg to the knee , sometimes slightly to my right ankle,, buzzing feeling all over my body,, electric light feeling down my spine as I try to sleep
Not that bad when standing ,, I dont feel as much ill, but its does cause anxiety to my mind , I feel like I cant concentrate to what people are saying sometimes as I am thinking please please go away, every morning I feel please let this have gone , but no I cant cry about it as I want to stay strong , been to a doctor , gyni and now need more tablets, what is this ,, why are so many women  getting the same problem ,,
My buzzing just started about 24-48 hours ago and I also looked around for my phone...

If I didn't find this link I would have chalked it up to the crazies!

Does anyone have theses items in common with me?
Breast Cancer?
Herceptin?
trial for Pertuzamab
acupuncture?
Radiation therapy?

Just curious if any of these could be the cause...
Same here dear,ovarian cyst was confirmed by my gynecologist and I feel strange sensation
I had a vibration in my inner thigh/ pelvic area in the crease where the thigh and pelvic bone meet. It started last Friday afternoon. It was driving me crazy. My doctor says this was a magnesium deficiency and to take mag citrate 200-400 ml twice a day. She also called in generic flexeril 5mg on Monday. By Tuesday afternoon the vibration was gone.  Hope this helps !!!
i am having this vibrations frm last 3 weeks every time sleeping,sitting,working,having shower.... infact i had sex to get rid off this but no help ... why this is happening?
I have the same thing.  Just started today and already driving me crazy.  Do you have any new ideas yet

***@****
I have the buzzing vibration in my vagina too
Viewing 201-271 comments: