Internal Vibrating/Buzzing in My Vagina
I have been experiencing a buzzing or vibrating sensation for the past week in my vagina.  It feels as if I am sitting on a cell phone that is faintly vibrating.  The sensation feels as though it is internal and takes place from my vagina up into my cervix.  There is no regular time period in between when this sensation occurs.  Sometimes it takes place every 5 minutes, sometimes every 15 seconds or so.  It usually lasts for just a few seconds.  I am in my early 20's, so I am not approaching or going through menopause.  I also should be having my period any day now.  The sensations do not hurt, it just is concerning me because I have never experienced this before.  Has anyone ever had the same experience, or does anyone have any idea what could be causing these vibrating/buzzing sensations?
Its funny a male should respond HOWEVER I think you are right on the money about a vein or artery swelling or being 'slightly' pinched or one vein swelling and pushing on another and causing it, and its good to know that the problem is not just applied to females.
I just searched this on google because it just started happening to me today, I thought I was crazy! Mine is right exactly in the middle, I just had a cystoscope done yesterday and found i had a uti, I was having the cystoscope due to interstitial cystitis I have been plagued with for the last 6 months. The uti finding was a surprise. Could these spasms be from the catheter into the urethra? So weird feeling. And is there anything to take OTC that will stop it?
I too have pelvic vibrating and have an IUD. i have found many people with IUD have same problem but no answers.  Gyno thinks im nuts
noticed this vibrating/buzzing almost a week, not consistent, but it's annoying if your laying to go to sleep, especially if you go to the bathroom constantly, for my bladder is weak; that and a lack of fluids may play part. it was weird when it started, and never had this sensation. i am taking magnesium,and am to fast to have blood work to find what my levels are? i do have my sciatica act up once in awhile, but i also seem as i am getting older my body just feels different, and i literally feel like there is something (sickly) wrong..i shall take notes to when it starts, how long, and how often..as well as how much water i am intaking, and if i moved my body the wrong way..since we all have felt this, it does not discriminate on age, so it could be simple muscle spasms? if it keeps up, am calling doc.,( for i am having other physically issues) w/ myself as well... good luck!
Hi I've been having the same thing happening to me over the last few week I have also just found out that I'm pregnant and was worried it might be something to do with my pregnancy but I never had it with my other pregnancys
Excuse me? I feel like you know a lot, so I feel the need to put a vibrator on my vagina, and when I put it on it feels great. But towards the end I get an intense thing, it feels good but I'm really confused on why I feel the need to do this. Please re-spond at chloe.***@****, and also could this cause pregnancy or what. And also there is NO MALE involved in this what so ever. Thanks!
I am so shocked so so many women have this problem , I have this buzzing , throbbing , twisting feeling , sometimes in my vagina area, sometimes left side of my groin , sometimes right,, mostly the right , I do get buzzing feeling down my right leg to the knee , sometimes slightly to my right ankle,, buzzing feeling all over my body,, electric light feeling down my spine as I try to sleep
Not that bad when standing ,, I dont feel as much ill, but its does cause anxiety to my mind , I feel like I cant concentrate to what people are saying sometimes as I am thinking please please go away, every morning I feel please let this have gone , but no I cant cry about it as I want to stay strong , been to a doctor , gyni and now need more tablets, what is this ,, why are so many women  getting the same problem ,,
My buzzing just started about 24-48 hours ago and I also looked around for my phone...

If I didn't find this link I would have chalked it up to the crazies!

Does anyone have theses items in common with me?
Breast Cancer?
Herceptin?
trial for Pertuzamab
acupuncture?
Radiation therapy?

Just curious if any of these could be the cause...
Same here dear,ovarian cyst was confirmed by my gynecologist and I feel strange sensation
I had a vibration in my inner thigh/ pelvic area in the crease where the thigh and pelvic bone meet. It started last Friday afternoon. It was driving me crazy. My doctor says this was a magnesium deficiency and to take mag citrate 200-400 ml twice a day. She also called in generic flexeril 5mg on Monday. By Tuesday afternoon the vibration was gone.  Hope this helps !!!
i am having this vibrations frm last 3 weeks every time sleeping,sitting,working,having shower.... infact i had sex to get rid off this but no help ... why this is happening?
I have the same thing.  Just started today and already driving me crazy.  Do you have any new ideas yet

***@****
I have the buzzing vibration in my vagina too
He said that what we are feeling is the surge of blood running through our bodies. He said it's like feeling/hearing your heart beat. He says it's nothing serious however he didn't sound like he believed what I was saying either.

Hope this helps. No he didn't give a solution and Yes I still have the problem.
Another update: I had a blood test for other things (thyroid, iron, etc.) in December, and my Vitamin B levels showed to be higher than normal. This didn't surprise me since I take 3 caps of the Benfotiamine B complex every day. I had been buzz-free for more than a year so I thought it might be time to reduce the amount of the Benfotiamine B supplements. So I reduced it down to 2 capsules a day instead of three. Within 2 weeks, my buzzing returned. Not as acute or strong as when the problem first started (4.5 years ago now), but definitely noticeable and extremely annoying. I went back up to the 3 capsules a day, and it took about 3 weeks for the fluttering to go away again. So I guess I would be stuck with that dang buzzing for life maybe, if not for the vit. B supplement. At least I have my 'cure'.

Benfotiamine is also known as vitamin B1 - like riboflavin is B2, niacin is B3 etc. I get "AOR Advanced B Complex" from cureself ******* if anyone is interested.
My buzzing just started this morning but its tapering off later at night, i was scared to death to think it could a herpes but its wasnt a painful tingling just a pulsating buzz like if you cut your circulation off on the left side of my vagina lip.

Im trying my best not to run screaming to the doc....hopefully its just a pinched nerve in my back somewhere.

Glad Im not the only one this is happening too....started to think i was crazy
Omg!! I am normal,, lol I've been having the same vibration down below, my partner n friends think I'm made n laugh at me:-( I do suffer with lower back pain so maybe it's a nerve or something. So pleased I'm not the only only humming from my noo noo!! ;-))
I am having the same problem **** is annoying I made an appointment with my OBGYN because I'm also experiencing pelvic pain during intercourse and I'm certain I have another cyst, but never have I had this annoyance of vibration, sounds crazy and retarded but yeah any suggestions on how to bring up the conversation to the Doctor .. Yes doctor I think my virgina swallowed a cell phone and it was set on vibrate take the **** out please thank u .. LOL  
I have had it about 2 months now to
Anyone heard of sounds resonating in the vaginal area? Can you shed some light? If someone comes by to speak to me unannounced or if the telephone rings, car horn blows, doorbell rings, accidentally kicking my foot on something causes the motion or action to register directly to my vagina. It is quite bothersome and no has heard of such.
Had this constant buzzing vibrating in my vag for two solid weeks now, Im exhausted, it doesn't stop. Had lower back pain with it too. Terrified its permanent for life/ Permanent nerve damage . Life doesn't seem worth it if I'm like this day in day out. Im only 25 and I feel like its all over.
I thought I was loosing my mind and this just started a couple of days ago. I was thinking that either I was sitting on my cell phone or my cell phone is near by. After I have used the bath room that is when I feel it. I have to have a partial spinal fusion done, I have sciatica nerve issues along with diverticulitis I had fibroids in the past and after i had my daughter in 07 the year after that I had the fibroid immobilization doctor found two more at a regular check up so now I got the partial hysterectomy she took my uterus, and my cervix which left me with two ovaries. The following year I had my left ovary taken I had a cyst of both but my left side was bigger than the right side and it decided to fuse it'self onto my bowl and other places for I developed adhesion a band of scars that was causing problem now i have one ovary and they saved that one and now i'm going through per-menapause at the age of 45 with two girls one grown one in elem school so if you find out any thing in your research so I won't go to the doctor as if I had something to drink before being seen lol thank you  
Yall were great ! I thought it was strange when I first got "it" few days ago.  It wasn't hurting me, but I get them often when I'm relaxed.  It made me wonder if that was normal or not so I decided to google it up by asking, "why is my ***** buzzing ? Viola ! There yall here !!! Thank you all and I feel so much better !!! THANKS again !!!!!!!!!!  :)
I am 48 years old and have been having a vibrating feeling in my vagina for the past 2 weeks, can anyone help me with this. what is it, it is very annoying.

thanks
this post is from 2011 - what happened? Someone I know is having this issue. I have been told it's a demon enitity  - just saying ... I'm not telling her that. ( she was into the occult - fortune telllers, tarot cards, wicca ) - things like that.
Per my above post- out of the 200 people posting - I'm interested to see if there is a correlation with this & occult practices. How many of you have been to a fortune teller, tarot card reader etc? Some type of wicca celebration or meeting? If a lot of you have been, my pastor may be right. I hope not. I just want to help her & all test are normal. She also has vibrating at other places. 90% in her VJ. Any one  else?
Well when this first happened to me I freaked out asked my Dr. And was told its nothing more then your va jay jay falling asleep....lol...nothing really any different that your leg or something falling asleep, idk. I've never had a back surgery or anything so idk maybe it's nothing to worry about, that's what I was told anyway, good luck to you all
This is a really old post originally left in 2007!  good luck
I think so. Its just a muscle thing. But I want to add. In my experience it was just one episode yesterday right after going to pee but I am having my period and notice that after the buzz I started bleeding a lot with big clots. I guess the weight of my fibroids (that I know i have many) can be blame and the contraction itself make at least one let go. I feel lighter now :) …it feels like some natural way of my body to heal.
Thanks everybody for sharing
I have had this internal vagina buzzing for the last 3 weeks, am scared its going to be permanent. its horrible and is ruining my life. i keep thinking what if it never goes away
Hello.  This post is very old having been posted in 2007.  Please start your own posts by hitting "ask a question" above. Thank you
Hello I.m a 59 year old nurse and I have had all kinds of patients and I don"t understand this. I have had this for about three years now on and off. It feels like someone placed and electric tooth brush inside of your vagina. I've seen excellent doctors who attribute it to everything from menopause to my back. I don:t believe this is your own physiological state, I feel we have been targeted for biological torture. You may have said something or done something to someone in power did not like. This started in my legs, then shocks in my chest to my vagina. It is designed to drain you physically and psychologically. I also heard a voice at work and I am not crazy. If we contact our  congressmen and women they may be able to stop this. This iis not your body this is controlled from an outside source, It does listen to you, Lets pray someone in power can stop this.
Hi there.  You've tacked your post onto an older thread.  The original poster is no longer on the forum.  You can start your own question to get more responses by hitting the green "post a question" at the top of this page.

I'm sorry you are having this difficulty and discomfort.  Sounds upsetting and I can understand your frustration.  Have you spoken to your doctor about this?  Have you had a recent pelvic exam and talked to your ob/gyn about this as well?  
Yes I have had several GYNE exams and medications and this buzzing persists just.
Do they offer any explanation for it at all?  Just to cover all of your basis, have you seen a psychiatrist?  Just to make sure nothing is going on there that could be addressed so you can be comfortable again.  
I am 46 years old and have been feeling the vibrating sensation on pelvic region also, I went to my doctor today and she said my cervix was pretty hard she made me an appointment for two weeks from today to get my blood work done, she also found a painful lump on my right breast and I will be getting a mammogram, also the right side of my face goes numb, is anyone else feeling this or knows what is causing this
This is the 2nd time I've had this happen in about 2 years.  When doing the google search to see if I was crazy (I imagined getting routed to Porn sites), I was relieved to find all of your comments.  And I laughed out at the sense of humor so many of you displayed.  I know it isn't a laughing matter, but among life's many twists and turns, this one is pretty funny.  No particular back problems here. I'll try the magnesium and see if that makes any difference.
Just thought I'd share my story.  This miserable and disturbing situation, started about a week ago for me.  I don't know if it will be good for everyone but I got relief from that vibrating buzzing feeling that was making me so uncomfortable having/doing Reflexology.  Good luck ladies.

It's most likely you've contracted an STD. Have you heard of the saying "you'r burning"?
Wow, you are a clueless idiot. It is NOT an STD. Keep your ignorant uninformed opinions off of here.
I just want it to stop so I can go to sleep!
Mine started two weeks ago after sex with hubby. It is present faintly during day but tonight it has not stopped for close to 2 hours. I have lower back pain and a possible uti, take magnesium and exercise regularly , one child now 12 from natural birth. Have read vitamin B deficiency could be cause too. I am so shocked to find so many others. I too was putting off googling vibration near vagina!, lol.
I found this too, not perticually helpful but interesting that the doctor said she has many women who have this! http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videos/a-vibrating-vagina
I'm so glad I'm not the only one doing this mine is also on my lower left side.
Reading all the comments
I know I'm not alone
I thought I was going
Crazy  
I am having the same problem never had that buzzing feeling before last week when I went for a transvaginal ultrasound and had a trainee do it.  It was my first time so wasn't sure what to expect but after a while she seemed to be taking way to long in my eyes when I asked her how long again she'd  say just a lil bit.  It seemed like she didn't know what she was doing when I started getting restless she went for the seasoned tech who came in and went back in with the probe to retake all the pics again after that this buzzing feeling started I felt like a nerve or nerves were damaged this was at the Melrose Wakefield Hospital in Melrose MA.
I'm 19 years old and this has been happening to me for 2-3 months. Not painful just annoying. It is internal (feels like it's inside my vagina) and I can't stand it! It usually only happens when I'm sitting down or laying down in bed. I'm not sexually active ( or ever have been) or use vibrators but I am on birth control (depo). I think this could have something to do with my back, I was hit by a car when I was 11 ( fractured hip) and in high school I think I tested positive for scoliosis once. I can say this happens almost everyday for short intervals at a time. Doesn't last very long but I don't want this to get worse. Overall I am very healthy no health issues, I am at the perfect weight for my height. I have no clue why this is happening to me.

Side note: about a year or two ago something similar happened with my eyelid. Random tingling/twitching which lasted for a few weeks and never came back.

I don't know if I am stressed but I am in college.
are you still having this problem?  mine started about a week ago and i cant stand it!  
I have been experiencing the exact same thing for many years. I never mentioned it to my MD because I figured he'd think I'm a nut. For the past four days it has been constant, with the "buzzing" lasting about one second and occurring every 15 seconds. It does not hurt, just puzzling!
;m just glad Im not the only one..I have 6 kids but Im done and havent had any for 3 yrs..this buZzing just started out of no where! I thought I was going crazy and thought I was sitting on my cell phone that was vibrating! Just the weirdest thing! Such a weird sensation..I thought maybe it was a sign of pre Menopause? Im 38, almost 39?
51, no kids, menopaused over ten years ago, just started feeling the faint vibrating down below...I am heading back to hot yoga class...I think we are sitting too much!!  I also will take my vitamins after reading 250 answers!
Did it help?
I don't have an answer but I have the same problem. But I am confused after reading all of these post. Has anyone ever gotten a true diagnosis or explanation to what the cause or what it actually is?  
Phew...thought I had a worm in my colon !  So happy to know that I am not alone.  I go to yoga twice a week, take vitamins, and am healthy.  I have a cyst on my right ovary and wonder if this has something to do with this strange vibration.  Could be a nerve that has been irritated.  Going to try the increase of magnesium and ask my OBG, who is excellent, when I see her next...stay tuned !
Wow I to thought I was going crazy which I don't have far to go to get there. Today my daughter came to see me she was sitting beside me and asked do you hear that noise mom? I said what noise she said it sounds like a cell phone buzzing I said you can hear that? I told her no I can't hear it but I feel it she said what do you mean and I explained it to her for the past three days it's been doing that down in lady town and I thought I was the only female that has ever experienced this I have been very confused and concerned I wished it would just stop as fast as it started. I don't like it at all....
You really saved my sanity. I will try the remedy mentioned. Thanks
So I don't hear anything, but I feel the buzzing/vibrating. glad I am not alone
I just felt it 3 days ago. Its like my vagina is having chills. But when i put pressure on my legs to it it goes away. What is the remedy for this? I had sex 2 days ago and i got a uti on the next day, im also feel bloated, so weird that it all happened. Can somebody tell me what is it?
I dont have time to read all the posts here, (but have read over 30 of them) but i have had what started out as a UTI in 2-3-16 and because i am low tolerant to medication and food, i get strong side affects from all the meds and food if i eat too much of one thing, or too much water (more then a cup per day) hurts my belly badly becuz of abuse with meth when i was 21 (now 56)(even herbs/vitamins) and the UTI just gets stronger and my vagina vibrates like mad, and so far has not been cured. Soooo to remedy the vibrations cuz i can not kill the stupid thing, i tried Dmannose and it, along with Azo takes the vibrations and other weird sensations away for a time and when the Dmannose wears off the vibrations come back and i take another one and after 20 mins the vibrations are gone. Becuz i am low tolerant, 1/2 of a 750 mg capsule last me 24 hrs before the vibes come back! Thank God/Yh, I at least get some relief for a day/night and only have the vibes for a short time for it works again, but i dont want to be on this drug for ever-and my foot is killing me!!! I can not promise this will work for all of you, but it sure sounds like what i have been dealing with now (and cant kill) for 16 long months. I know it is E. coli cuz that is the only thing Dmannose helps/heals, it makes the E. coli stop sticking to our bodies so when we pee, we flush it out, but becuz of trying so many different meds, the ecoli is now in my left foot/mostly under toe area (it fled from the meds i took and took up house there) and it hurts badly to bend my toes, i can literally feel the ecoli in there and have NO way to get it out!!! :(  I found a drug/chemical, not sure exactly what it is. I know its a powder called 'imidazolium oligomers' that if you search it, will find that it KILLS e. coli in 30 seconds, SO my plea is, if anyone of you finds a place or know where i can get this product, PLEASE let me know so i can kill this monster inside me. I will keep you all in my prayers for relief and please let me know who this product (Dmannose) helps, so i know i am not the only one it helps! And if I find the 'imidazolium oligomers' I will certainly let you know!  And please have a blessed one!!!
I can't answered