Internal Vibrating/Buzzing in My Vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Internal Vibrating/Buzzing in My Vagina

I have been experiencing a buzzing or vibrating sensation for the past week in my vagina.  It feels as if I am sitting on a cell phone that is faintly vibrating.  The sensation feels as though it is internal and takes place from my vagina up into my cervix.  There is no regular time period in between when this sensation occurs.  Sometimes it takes place every 5 minutes, sometimes every 15 seconds or so.  It usually lasts for just a few seconds.  I am in my early 20's, so I am not approaching or going through menopause.  I also should be having my period any day now.  The sensations do not hurt, it just is concerning me because I have never experienced this before.  Has anyone ever had the same experience, or does anyone have any idea what could be causing these vibrating/buzzing sensations?
Viewing 1-200 comments:
This has never happened to me.  It might be a trapped nerve or something.  Sometimes i get it around my eye and it feels like its vibrating, thats the only thing i can think of :)
Oh my goodness, I just posted a very similar entry...I've been having the same problem, too! My buzzing is concentrated to the left side...I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one going through this. I hope someone answers our questions.
Oh, and I'm in my early 20s, too...I've had my period though, about a week ago.
it could just be your muscles contracting really fast i get that in various muscles in my body but never in my vagina
I had a vibrating sensation on my left side and ended up having a cyst there.  Maybe that was a coincidence, but at least it's something.  Good luck!
ive been having a buzzing sensation in my vagina, and like you said, it feels like i'm sitting on a cellphone on vibration. has anyone gone to the doc to find out what it is??
Has anyone followed up? If you have please post!! I have the same humming on the left side of my vagina. Started 2 days ago. When standing it comes and goes in 10-15 second intervals. Sitting in bed now and it's gone. I hear a lot of talk about nerves which makes sense - growth of cysts can put pressure on the nerves cant it? Help - please keep me posted. I will keep you all posted too.
it's not necessarily a cyst.
Anything can put pressure on a nerve, really.
Since it is happening in the vagina, my assumption would more than likely be just spasming muscles.
Vaginal muscles work like all others in the body.
With increase or decrease of exercise, they react.

What have you changed, personally, since, say a few days before this started originally?
muscle spasims
OMG!!  I thought I was a little nuts for even searching for hits on this subject, but thank god I am not alone.  Mine started a few days ago, however I don't feel it inside my vagina exactly, more like on the triangle of flesh on my pubic bone.  Has anyone who previously experienced this had it stop, or find out why it was happening?
I have had this buzzing in the same area for at least 10 years now.  It would only happen about 2-4 times a year.  I never researched it until now because for the last 2-3 days I have the buzzing all over my body.  I am getting my blood tested now and should know something in about 10 days.  I was deficient in B12 several years ago and began taking high does of it orally.  But some people can't absorb it via the stomach and I may need shots.  Have you ever had your B12 levels tested?  About 35% of people are deficient and don't know it.....

Another curious thing is I went off the pill a month ago after being on it for 15 years.....I'm 36 years old.  I just got my period 2 days ago - the first one without being on the pill.  So who knows.....I guess it could be a hormonal thing....we'll see!  

Good luck!
This symptom has been posted about many times. I use to have a buzzing sensation on my lower right side near the pubic region - it felt like a mobile phone buzzing. I had it for months until I started seeing a chiropractor 4 months ago to get spinal adjustments as my spine is out of alignment. I haven't had the buzzing sensation since. Quite a few people with this symptom have discovered that it is nerves caused by their spine being out of alignment or a spinal injury.
A lot of people don't even know their spine is out of alignment, which can cause other symptoms as well.
I can totally understand what you have been feeling. I started having the same buzzy feeling like a cell phone on vibrate in the public region and sometime over to the sides of my lower abdomen. I talked to my husband and he just started having these feelings too. I have a friend at work that admitted she has those recently too. What is up? Does the medical world have an answer to this? Do we use too many electronics in our lives?
How does this happen?
Gail
I have been having a buzzing, tingling, wired feeling all inside my body for several months...more noticable when resting. sometimes the hum lets up for a millisecond and then continues.....Would a blood test for my vitamin/min levels be appropriate. My Chriopracter doesn't seem to be concerned.
Thanks,Judy
I thought I was going mad and felt silly even googling "buzzing in my cervix" !  This started with me 4 days ago out of the blue. I actually thought my mobile phone was vibrating in my jeans at first. It feels like a buzzing or vibrating sensation in my cervix although it is hard to actually pinpoint where it is exactly.  It isnt painful, but distracting. It buzzes for around 3 seconds then stops for a few seconds, but there is a rhythm to it which is weird.  I am due my period any day and had put it down to that even though i have never had it before. I am 35 with two children, 10 and 5, and have an IUD in place. I think if it continues I will see my GP as my mum had her menopause at 38 and I'm now wondering if its connected.  Just thought I would leave my comment, we're not alone!
Jenny
I have had the same thing happening to me for the last couple of weeks!  I thought I would look it up today and sure enough there are others with the same problem, I'm 54 with older children. The only my husband and I could think of is from using a vibrator? I know it's very personal but if the other women her have used vibrators in the past that could be it?  That's my best guess.  That's what it feels like anyway. No answers on this yet?
This same thing just started today, with me. I looked it up on WebMD (but could only check "numbness or tingling") and it listed something called "Cauda Equina Syndrome," which is something potentially serious related to the spinal cord. Although that kinda makes sense since I'm also having super low back pain (and have been since my car accident in July), I feel a little relieved knowing I'm not alone, now. Still going to try to see a doctor this week cuz I've had muscle spasms at all other parts of my body going on for the past two months.
You gotta love the internet and all you wonderful people who post things of this nature!   Thank goodness I'm not going CRAZY!  My tingling is more in the pubic area as well.....Another thing to throw into the mix is that I've had a sinus issue since well before Christmas, I'm on my 3rd round of antibiotics, I've been taking guaifenasen prescription strength; perhaps I'm depleted of the B-12 for some reason - do not have the best eating habits :); and I have a very stiff neck to which I'm making an appt with a massage therapist to try and work-out....I'll be more mindful of any changes to this and report back if this "latest" to my aging body (44) ailments/symptoms subsides, or not...thankfully too, its not painful!
I've just developed the buzzing today started this morning in bed thought it was the vibration of my husband snoring.
But no it was myself Buzzing down below.
I had a hysterectomy last year and I am a bit anxious of anything buzzing down there.
I'm having them too! They started this morning. About every 3-15 seconds. They seem to be getting more noticeable as the day has gone on. I thought I was crazy! I'm making a doctors appointment tomorrow. I will keep in touch.
Mary
I have the same thing.  Mine is on the right side, and feels like it is a cell phone too!  I just started getting it 5 days ago and it comes and goes sitting or laying down.  It buzzes for about 3-5 seconds and then stops for a second or two and starts again!  Anyone get a diagnosis yet?
MBS
Mine just started yesterday. I am on the last day of my period and I actually got up looking for a cell phone under my couch! Lawd! I moved the couch twice and everything! hahahah...

So no doctor has posted anything about this?

My body has been reacting to stress lately. I am under a lot of stress and pressure so I'm attributing it to that. Thank you for your suggestions about muscle spasms and such, at least, I too am not crazy!!! ahahah...

Ten years though? Geez.... I thought it was gone last night. I went out and I could feel it while I was standing up, I just started cracking up laughing. Just think of it this way, we got it good! ;-)

-Wisdom.
I am just glad I am not crazy.  I actually reach for my cell phone (which I keep in my back pocket) about half the time this happens.  I know the "buzzing" is there and happens about every 30 seconds, but every now and then I am convinced it has to be my phone.  It feels like my pelvic floor muscles are vibrating or buzzng.  I hate this feeling.  I have not told anyone about it because I was not sure how to explain it.  I found this site and I can't stop crying.  I am glad I am not the only one, but now I am scared.  I really wish someone with some knowledge would post some sort of response.  I am not able to accept muscle spasm.  I think flexing the muscles would alter the sensation, but in my case flexing does nothing for the buzzing sensation.  Pinched nerve or nerve damage sounds more likely to me.  I am scared.  
yes, below abdomen, the triangle - a pulsating feeling like a pulse. had it lots but it's gone, praise the Lord! I have gained a lot of weight coincidentally - have u all?
Also histerectome in 1999. I am 61 though not young like many of u.
Ask the Dr on this site if u are worried.
Be encouraged - mine has gone.
I have had the same thing for about a month. I am healthy, 29, with one child (8 years). My husband thinks I am nuts. No onset time, no back pain, no reason I can think of. Please follow up with us if someone actually gets it to stop. It's annoying when it comes on while talking to a client at work. Too bad this doesn't happen while we are working on kid #2. I wouldn't mind then :)  lol  
Hello All I also have had this same sensations for the last 24 hours and have googled to find out if I could find any info, I thought I was going to get some pretty weird and wonderful answers ( like I was going mad!!) but I have found this link and it is very helpful reading so I thought I would post it hear and hopefuly it may answer some of your questions?
Good Luck

Sorry ladies I did add a link to my post above but it has been taken off..so if you type in the word "fasciculations" in the search engines it does give you the answer.
Hope this helps you all.
I started having this feeling about a week ago - right side of "traingle" area. 1st I thought I had my cell phone in my pocket on vibrate, but it's a less intense vibrating. Mine is regular, every few seconds, all day. I'm 45, still menstruate regularly, but now my period is 2 weeks late & I'm certain I'm not pregnant. It's like a regular electric current, so I think it might be nerve related. I was diagnosed w/ a slipped disc about 2yrs ago, but it only gave me problems w/ my left hip (maybe til now!). Some of you mentioned B deficiency, but I've actually been OD-ing lately on B vitamins w/ energy bars & drinks. Seems to affect all ages, all types. I'm going to my doctor this week to try to get some answers & will let you know what happens. Thanks for listening!
Ok well, I am a man and am experiencing exactly the same buzzing in my lower left side. I was worried it was my appendix until I read your comments: I slipped a disc and have had recurring problems with it for 8years but 3days ago started ODing on vitamins of which B12 is included. My buzzing started yesterday on the way to a client lunch and even though I had my blackberry and my mobile in my hand I was ferreting around in my suit lower pockets trying to find the source of the vibration. I am going to see a cranio sacral therapist tonight, will try to remember to report the results to you guys.
Hello, this has been happening to me as well.  It started out every once in a while and now it every few seconds. It will stop for a while and start again and go for a long time. I've been exercising more, have a hip spur that been aggravated by the new exercise and have been taking B6 and green tea for energy.  This is very annoying and I would love to find out what it is as well.
i have been experiencing this horrible reverberation type feeling almost monthly since i was 19 (i am 29 now).  it has gotten exponentially worse since its onset.  it literally causes my entire body to shudder.  i wrote a journal entry about this not to long ago.  i have read that it could be IC, focal dystonia, fasciculations, pelvic congestion syndrome, ovarian vasocongestion, etc.....  i am at a loss.  i cannot stand it.  it deprives me of sleep  and drives me up a wall.  its like having restless reproductive parts syndrome (instead of restless leg).LOL....  i have to wait 120 days before i can see a doctor (insurance issues).  i need help in getting this thing quieted and named!! help me ladies!!!!
could be pelvic floor weakness ?
sounds like it could be....  it is beyond strange! i had by obgyn check it out 6 months ago via transvaginal ultrasound and thankfully, she saw no pathology of the ovaries, etc.  soon, i will figure this out but the interim is certainly dragging ***! :)
I have the same thing. Im pretty sure it is just a pinched nerve and a chiropractic adjustment should do the trick. If the spine/neck etc is out of place, it will put pressure on the nerves and cause these sensations. Just like when a woman is pregnant and has this same vibrating sensation in the vagina, it is because the babes head or whatever body part, is putting pressure on the nerves.
I too have a buzzing/pinching in the lower left pelvic area that has been going on for a few months now.  I was diagnosed with UC (Ulcerative Colitis) 4 years ago and have been in remission with it for 3 years.  Since having this, I have had left sided pain due to gas or a bowel movements and have to take medicine every day.  Recently it seems to have gotten worse and I made an appointment with my gastro for Tuesday.  They will probably set me up for a colonoscopy cause I am supposed to have them once a year anyways.  Im not sure if its related or not but I want to find out.  I will try to post again once I find out.  
Has anyone ever gotten an answer to what this is? I have been having the same vaginal/pelvic vibrating sensation for several weeks now. It lasts a few seconds with a few seconds in between. Very regular and rhythmic and feels like a vibrating cell phone as many have stated. Did anyone see a doc about it?
The first time I felt the buzzing I actually thought I did have my cellphone on vibrate and was feeling for it. To my surprise it wasn't there. Mine was on my upper thigh near my groin, I thought it was my femoral artery, bizarre.
I posted this in "Undiagnosed Symptoms" forum and got a reply from Dr. Noopur. If interested, see this forum:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/594218
I still don't know what causing my twitching - I haven't gone to gyn yet about it, but maybe I'll mention to my GP when I go for my next visit in October.
I can't believe so many other people are having this!  I had starting feeling this vibrations in my pelvis today...just above my right leg.  So many people have said exactly what happened to me.  I was watering my grass and I actually checked to see if my cell phone was in my pocket!  I can only feel it internally and its can't be seen or felt from the the outside.  I started getting my heavy PMS symtoms (symptoms) today so I was thinking its related but I've never had it before so I decided to do a search and found this thread.  I have no health problems that I know of.
Has anyone had a diagnose made about this yet.  It is driving me crazy.  I have been having the tingly feelings for the past 6 months on and off.
Ok..I am a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner - and I too as well have been having this strange buzzing sensation in my lower abdomen today...and I gotta tell you- I don't really think medical science knows! I have been trying to research this - and I can't seem to find anything except a bunch of folks who have this and have no answer. Unfortunately- the Medical community can't even fix the common cold- so my best educated guess is that is of either one of a few things. Neurological or Muscular. I am going to just wait it out- and take some Ibuprofen tonight to see if it resolves..and if I find out anything- I will post it. So long all my vitals are stable and I'm not in any kind of pain- it's probably not anything to worry about.
I am a man in my late 40's and having the same buzzing sensations. It drives me crazy. Kind of like Chinese water torture. Anyone find out what this is?
Wow, I guess I am glad I have found these posts, but guess I am not so special after all, lol.  This is happening right now, it is in my pubic area but a few years ago it was lower and it did feel like a mobile phone, with very short intervals in between, like now.  I think it has to do with Orgone Energy and Wilheim Reich.  If any of you have researched this let me know.  I do not find the sensation uncomfortable or troubling in anyway.  I do think it might have to do with chakras and energy.  Very curious to have it happen to so many, perhaps ELF as well.
My friend told me today that her right breast has been vibrating and describes it like a vibrating cell phone.  Her description matches what you all are saying perfectly except for the location.  I googled "symptom breast vibrations" and found a breast cancer website where tons of women are experiencing this same sensation in the breasts (seemingly not related to breast cancer) and I thought you might want to know.  It might help realize that the symptom may not point to anything chiropractic.  She is going to the doctor next week.  It keeps her up at night.
Okay, I have it too.  For about a week now. The first day I thought I had swallowed a fly & it didn't die inside me.  I even waited for it to come out!  so I am REALLY glad I found these posts!  I am 49 & in menopause & headed to the gyno next week.  Hope they don't laugh at me!
Glad i'm not on my own !! just wish someone had an answer from the doctors. its very worrying !! i too have read about cancers and male vibrations in the penis can be penile cancer !! I urge all to go and seek advice !! i shall write again after seeing the doc tomorrow !! x
Hi Guys,

I have a similar feeling centering around my cervix and stemming up to my ovaries. It is interesting to note that around the same time that I began to experience it, I was diagnosed with HPV and its progression, CIN1. I didn't ask the doctor, but I actually think the two may be related. Has anyone else come back positive for CIN or HPV?
I see lots of people have the same symptoms and some say they have Dr. appts but never post what they find out if anything.
It's driving me crazy!
Please help.
I have been having these buzzing sensations down below for about 10 days now.  I couldn't imagine there were so many other folk suffering the same!!!  Mine feels just like a cell phone buzzing, and can last for anything up to two hours at a time, with several 'free' hours in between. Going to the loo seems to start it off quite frequently - I am totally baffled, and would just love to know what is causing it.
I also started having this symptoms just 2 days ago and its killing me. Not painful wise but its very annoying. It happens every 15 secs for a while before it stops and then it comes back again. Anyone knows yet??
Wow, I am shocked! I thought I was some weirdo experiencing this vibrating sensation!.... its SOOO annoying!... i am 26 and i've had it for a while..... it just comes and goes whenever. I can't believe how many women have the same thing! It makes me feel so calm finally!! I have no idea what causes it, i kinda worry but, if all you have the same thing, it cant be anything too serious i'm guessing . i had my yearly pap, exam, in september and everything was normal, so..... anyone let me know if they found out something else behind the reason....'

Hi everyone, I had the same problem, vibrating in my lower pelvic area. It started after I had done some stretching for my back and I think I trapped a nerve doing that. I subsequently had quite a sore spot in my lower back where I think the trapped nerve was, and that annoying vibrating sensation that came and went every few seconds when I was sitting down or lying in bed. I had trouble sleeping with it and it really started to freak me out.
I done some back exercises and the vibrating sensation got less over the days and finally stopped after something in my back finally cracked after I had a massage.
I think this is likely to be related to some sort of nerve problem. It wont do any harm to go and get your back checked and maybe get it fixed by a chiropractor. I have had back troubles for a long time even though I am only 26 years old so I have some experience in twisting and turning and exercises that help to crack it when it is out of alignement. If it hadnt went away like that I would have definitely went to get it sorted.
I also take a muscle relaxant now as my back is still quite sore, getting that from the doctor may be a good idea too, may it be nerve related or not.
This thread is helpful too:
My buzzing/humming started today and I too am feeling a bit crazy from not having a clue to what could be the cause for this feeling. Please help A.S.A.P
Hi all I have bee having the buzzing in my vagina for the past 2 weeks. it seems to happen at night it woke me. I thought my hubby placed his cell phone there for a joke. it made me jump I didn't just feel it I heard it also.  but I am undergoing hospital treatment at the moment  for a large cyst I had removed last year. they had to cut through the vaginal opening to get to it as it was on my urethral tube (ureathel divaticulum) so may be its all started to settle back know .I don't know. but after reading all your posts iv called my doc to ask her. I will let you all know what she says
Raney uk
Lack of vitamens have a lot to do with nerves and such. Check with your doctor before adding any vitamens or such to your diet, but potassium completly solved my problem. I had the internal vibrations for almost 2 years and it was driving me insane and since starting the potassium it has completley stopped. I have not had it at all with the potassium. Good luck to all!
Hi all.
well i did go to see my doctor and she has referred me for a mri scan it could possibly be my back so will get back to you as soon as i know. has anyone else had a mri for this? and what was the out come?
Raney uk
Hello everyone!  I am so glad to find this post.  I have been experiencing these feelings of movement and vibrations in my vagina for the past couple of months.  But, I also am experiencing it throughout my entire body especially my legs and feet as well.  I am curious to speak with any of you about this so please feel free to send me a personal message or leave a post here.  Let me give you a run down of occurrences so that you can see if any of it relates to you.  I have had a lower back(near tailbone) injury in 2000, 2001 took a bad fall and had brain concussion, have a mild broad based bulge at C6-C7 Cervical Spine, 3-4 bone spurs in back, Sed Rate was elevated by about 10 points last year but now shows normal, a fluctuating ANA, recently vitamin D deficient, white matter on MRI brain scans that appear to be nonspecific in nature.  My symptoms are EVERYTHING.  My question to any and all of you is have any of you had any kind of physical injury, bacterial type infection (especially in vagina) (I have had vaginal infection for 2 years that no one seems to know what it is), rash, and or low vitamin d?  If we can all list our symptoms and a brief synopsis of what our medical condition has been maybe we can come up with something.  I need to know if any of you have experienced this anywhere else in your bodies and then pose the question as stated above as to whether or not there has ever been a physical injury of some sort in your lifetime.  Please continue to post as I am very scared and looking for answers not only to the vibrations in my vagina but throughout my body.  Also, I may ad that along with the vibrations I have experienced very strong hard pulses throughout my body and a feeling like I am moving when I am not.  This is EXTREMELY SCARY!!!!!  I have had a lot of heart palpitations lately too.  If anyone has any insight or suggestions please personal message me or post on here.  Thank you so much and I  hope we can all find an answer soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am really wondering if a bacteria could be causing this.  I have had symptoms since 2003 but things really got worse for me 2 yrs ago when I acquired this vaginal infection from male partner.  If any of you know anything PLEASE POST.
I also wanted to mention that besides the vibrating in the vagina I also have had a strong pulse the same as what I have experienced throughout other parts of my body.  Has anyone experienced the pulse?????????????????????/
WOW I can't get over how many others are having this issue I thought I was crazy to tell anyone because it sounds so bizarre!  I am gonna wait a few more days and then call my doc and see what she has to say.  I will post anything new I find out.  
Okay, I am sooooo glad there are other women experiencing this.  I have had this buzzing intermitently for a few years now, but not until recently did I start taking it seriously.  Why hasn't anyone given us an answer yet?  I had surgery a year ago and was wondering if maybe something was left behind.  I am just glad I am not losing my mind (my girlfriend thinks I am).  Going to see doc on Tuesday.  I hope I get a serious answer and she doesn't laugh at me too.
I had been going crazy with this vibrating / buzzing and in my "privates" and was not looking forward to talking with my Dr. about this knowing he would think I was crazy. I took 1,000 MG yesterday and 500 so far today and so far have not has it happen one time in 24 hours. I was have it happen several times an hours up to 40 or 50 times. After reading lots of posts found nothing to suggest how to treat except L-Tyrosine and didn't even know what it was or where to find it. Go to any heathfood store and get some, try it and see for yourself if it works.
I can not believe how many women are experiencing this. It started for me about five days ago. I didn't know what to make of it. Its a very odd sensation however after reading the posts it does feel like I may have been sitting on my cell, my not that intense.
I dont know if there is any correlation but about two weeks ago I have IPL treatment. Intense pulsed light to get rid of sun damage .The procedure worked great however I got a fever blister a few days later. When I inquired about it I found out that the IPL stimulated the Herpes Simplex virus( which is what a fever/cold sore is) out of remission.
The virus is dormant in the base if the spinal cord. Its a nerve activated issue. Hummmmm I wonder if the IPL actually activated something to cause this vibration sensation.
Anyone have any treatment recommendations?
I am so thankful I "googled" this subject and found this forum.  I recently had gyn surgery, and then the buzzing started.  I thought I was surely nuts, and my gyn would think I was too...oh, and I'm an RN.  I spoke to 2 gyn surgeons today - neither had any idea what this was and seemed to never have heard of it before...  they are supposed to do a lit review and see if they can find anything.  I'll keep all posted.

This is maddening ... !!!!
What a relief to find all you fellow "buzzers"!  My buzzing started 5 days ago on my 43rd birthday and like many of you, is located primarily in the left pelvic area.  I find it interesting that it occurs in men too as I thought perhaps this was my biological clock literally going off!  (I have no children).  I have had radiation done but more recently - in the last year - lower back surgery for a bulging disk.  I see my surgeon today for a check-up and will mention to him and definitely post any findings.
I also have been experiencing vibrating sensation for a few weeks. Also thought it was cell phone. What really worries me is the pulses and heart palpitations. Thought I was just freaking out. Anyone with nausea while having these episodes? By the way not pregnant.
I do have cauda equina syndrome, and this can be a symptom, but cauda equina is pretty rare.
I thought it was part of my symptoms, but found out that it ended up being a reaction to diphenhydramine (benadryl), which is also in many night time sleep aids.  I knew that I had reactions to Benadryl from a previous encounter with a high dosage that I was given in the hospital, but I didn't know that it was the same active ingredient in Tylenol PM, which I'd been taking at night after returning home after surgery.
Unbelievable. I'm not alone. Was wondering how the hell I was going to explain this to the doc without sounding out of my mind. I will now go to him with a list of what I have read here and let you all know if we come up with anything. I don't think I can have a vit d defficency living in a very hot climate but I do have an old lower back injury which seems to be the case with some of you.
I started having this same symptom a few days ago.  It is thought to be a reaction to diphenhydramine.  Which is common in over the counter sleep aids specifically Tylenol PM.  I havent been sleeping well so I started taking "Sleep Melts" last week.  Then the vibration started, so I took some Tylenol PM to ignore them.  I will stop all that today and see if it helps.  
I thought that I was going made when I describe this weird sensation to girlfriends, and no-one seemed to know what I was talking about, I think maybe its a trapped nerve as I have lower back pain as well, so I am going to try the back man first then the docters. Its strange that seems to no answers to this.
Wow I started vibrating today and went online trying to find something on it but didnt know how to explain it. Its good to know other people are experiencing this. I thought it was my surroundings so when it would happen I would look everywhere to see if any electronics around could be causing it. But nothing. I really didnt think it was me so I went online to see if anyone else was having this happen to them.  And Im glad i found this website. After reading what everyone had to say I think it is a nerve because I am 7 months pregnant and the baby has been giving me back and pelvic pain. I have never had this before but it is the only thing I can think of. Thanks for everyone for posting your experiences. Jenn
You should look up white knuckle syndrome. Men get the similar pulsating and a feeling of vibrating from using power tools. It ruptures the blood vessels and damages the nerves. I would suggest that you may be using a vibrator too much and you have done the same kind of damage.
I have had the vibrating also the last couple of months on and off too. My husband thought I was crazy and so did I actually. I was happy to hear I was not alone. I have a lower back and neck problem and have been taking a new water pill which may have depleted potassium in my body as some have suggested and take a sleeping pill also almost every night. I will start potassium pills to see if that helps.
the same pulsating , vibrating feel down there. i never really paid much attention to it.  but during a transvaginal us they noticed a bulge in my right gonadal/ovarian artery.  she said that most of the time that can cause these type of feelings.  so i would get this checked out first .  she said it could be dangerous.  i am going to a vascular surgeon next week.
I just started feeling this about 2 weeks ago.. it feel like a spring that you keep coiling and uncoiling.. it happends with or without provocations: i can lay on my side and slap my hip and it will happend. I just had a gynecologist visit and papsmear done right before it happened.. weird....
I feel the same way now. I just feel a pulsating feeling as if I can feel my pulse. I also feel a vibrating/buzzing feeling but it is very faint. anyone knows what should be causing this
It is the craziest feeling ever. I feel like it is in my lower back/butt. It really does feel like my phone is on vibate and is goign off in my pocket. It is constantly happening all through out the day. I hear my stomach making weird noises also. Like someone is banging things around in there.
hello.. i wanted to share my experience too. I've ignored all this vibration coz it always happens when i'm at home.. but really annoyed by it when i was just in the meeting just know and the vibration couldn't stop! imagine that... so i googled it and couldn't find any reply.. but i read thru some of your post and wondered if its related to muscle like muscle craps.. so i try sitting up straight on my chair, do a little massage by myself at the back of my hips and and suddenly the vibration STOPS!! i hope u can try it, and post some reply if it WORKS..
I'm also a board-certified Nurse Practitioner. I've had the Mirena IUD for several years. The buzzing does not go away. For me, it's in the lower mid-pelvic region, right where the uterus is. It started after my IUD was placed, so naturally I reason that it is the cause. Can't say that I've ever felt it in an extremity or on a particular side. And yes, I agree, it is very much like a faintly vibrating cell phone. After the IUD was placed several years ago, I used to reach for my cell phone when I'd feel this buzzing. After a few hundred times, I realized the buzzing was in me, not on me. It hasn't hindered me in any way. I've just learned to live with it.
wow,  Im glad  Im not alone in this. I hope theres a cure for this because sometimes it does get anoying..
Thank God my BF that i was crazy.  
I to am having a vibrating feeling in my vagina. mainly in the traingle area.
Does any one have any answers? or follow ups from dr's appt.
Either no one is following up after they see their doctors/gynecologists, or someone is removing those posts.

I will make every effort myself to follow up again here if I get any answers - and if God forbid I don't get any answers, I will still follow up here and say so.

All I know is thank God I found this and that so many women have also experienced this so I don't feel so crazy. Thank God I don't have any pain but the distraction of this buzzing every few seconds is excruciatingly annoying.

From reading all your posts I will:

- make an appointment with a chiropractor (I haven't been in over a decade)
- get some potassium supplements

I am already waiting to get an appointment with a gynecologist so I will have them check for more serious things such as cysts (which could explain nerve pressure, and I have had cysts in the past - it is common for uterine cysts to come and go).

I am also buying some herbal nervines such as oat milky seed, fennel, skullcap, as well as raspberry leaf tea and Black Haw.

I am 39, have been healthy my entire life (other than colds/flus and the usual childhood ailments), have never used birth control pills other than a 2 month stint over 12 years ago, have never had major surgery, have never had an STD, have never had children. I am very physically active, drink 2-3 litres of water per day, eat a healthy diet and take a lot of vitamin supplements (within recommended dosages - including 3000mg of vitamin D3 during the winter).

I have recently undergone a prolonged period of stress by moving across country to a new position within my company, to a city where I know no one yet, which of course causes homesick stress. It also took me 2 months to prepare for the move which was very stressful. I have had a couple of yeast infections during that time which makes me wonder if that is causing the buzzing even though the yeast infections are gone - I've read that a suspected cause of vulvodynia is 'hypersensitivity to yeast infections', but typically the symptoms of vulvodynia involve pain. None of you hear are describing pain - just this infernal nerve buzzing.

I will do my best to report back. If I don't - it will be because I can't find this thread again, but I've bookmarked it and saved the URL, so I should be able to find it again.

Good luck everyone!
Cant wait to hear from Canadianlady 88!
Hi there, I just started having the same thing like a cell phone vibrating in my pelvis.  I had a hysterectomy about 8 months ago.
Any info would be great. Thanks...
I was glad to see other posts as well, as I am experiencing this odd 'buzz' as well.  I am 49 years old and have just finished menopause (very lucky, it was a very easy process for me).  I don't remember having this before except for one other period in my life.  I did, however, suffer a spinal injury about 7years ago and have a curve in my spine due to the fall.  I feel soooo much better now that I know I'm not losing it!  My husband 'cracks' my back all the time, which feels great and my back cracks quite often in certain yoga positions.  It has been a bit more stiff lately, but we were playing badminton once a week and are now on Christmas break, which fits in with the change in activity one person spoke about. All of your comments make a lot of sense and I am very thankful that you are all so forthcoming with explanations and ideas.  Thanks so much.  Cheers.  ♪
I had a possible autoimmune disease 1 year ago. They think that i had transverse myelitis. An MRI of my spine showed cervical disc spodylosis with bone spurs but also a large area of demyelination. They did an MRI of my brain that had some ? spots, thought I had MS, then did a spinal tap and found that I didn't have the banding to say that I had MS. Right before I had cervical fusion 6 months ago, I had a UTI and was treated with Cipro. A month ago, I developed urinary frequency and urgency and thought I had another UTI. They did a urinalysis and found I had a bunch of microscopic blood in my urine, but no infection. The urologist had me do a CT of the abdomen that was normal. A few weeks ago, I developed a funny buzzing feeling in my lower pelvis that came every few minutes. It wasn't painful but just very annoying. A week ago, I had a cystoscopy to make sure I didn't have any cysts or cancer in my bladder. This was also normal. They never found the source of the blood in my urine, but the buzzing feeling, bladder urgency and frequency went away almost immediately after I had the cysto. Weird!
Well I've made several visits to the chiropractor/acupuncturist (same person), and she heard my story and had a look at my body. She said my sacrum (tailbone area, I think) was very very out of alignment, and she said that the pelvic nerves are connected from there, so it made sense to her that I would be feeling sensation there, possibly as a result. But we don't know for sure if sacrum mis-alignment is the cause or not. At any rate, I've been for 4 chiro/acu treatments in the past three weeks, and the week following each one I've had some slight improvement in the buzzing. I've even had 4 full days of buzz free (4 days in three weeks, still, it's something). Other days the buzzing is 'quieter' - the volume is turned down a bit, but I can still hear it.

My most recent visit was 2 days ago, and she said "it's not holding yet" (the adjustments to the sacrum). I think some previous posts in this thread mentioned that it took some time, and several visits.

I'm going to keep going at any rate, it certainly doesn't seem to be hurting, and I am much less stressed out than I was 3 weeks ago. But on the days the buzzing turns up again, I get anxious again. I hope this heals itself eventually, I would hate to have to put up with this for the rest of my life.

Oh, and, I've found a cup of fennel tea before bedtime to be noticeably effective in 'turning down the buzz volume', so I highly recommend it. Cheap help, and comforting.
I'm a 37 yr old female and this cell phone type of vibration started for me yesterday.  I feel like it's in my cervix.

Oddly, I just went to the OBGYN yesterday for my yearly appointment.  She did hit my cervix while trying to do my pap smear.  Then the vibrations started later that night.  But I also had to shovel snow later that night too.

So I'm not sure if it's realted to the OBGYN appointment or the snow shoveling (based upon the comments folks have mentioned).  My back has been sore lately (from shoveling) and I do have a rruptured disc in my back.  But I go to the chiropractor every 2 weeks for the last 2 years and just went not even a week ago.

I know one thing, if this doesn't stop within a week, I'm going back to the Dr. on this one.  It drives me crazy!  The only blessing is that it's not constant.  It starts buzzing, lasts for 5 minutes or so and then can disappear for hours on end.  So wierd - glad to hear I was not the only one with the problem.

Oh, and I should mention I take a multivitamin regularly and supplement with an additional 1000 mg of Vitamin D.  So I don't think it's related to any sort of vitamin defficiency.
Thank God others have the same issue!! I just started having these vibrations Sunday the 17th!! I honestly felt like i was sitting on my cell phone when we were out to dinner with another couple and then it hit me that I left my phone in the car!! My two daughters and girlfriend have been making fun of me but I knew I wasn't crazy that I was really feeling something!! Please post whatever any of you find out and I will be sure to do the same. I am contacting my gynecologist for an appointment. I just had my yearly checkup and am scheduled to have my Mirena IUD replaced in Nov. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the vibration. It's just nice to know that other women out there are having the same issues. Thanks for all of your post!!!
wow - like so many of you , I am thrilled not to be going insane!!  This has happened to me for my last two periods - otherwise it is fine, but during my peiod I get the cervical "buzzing" for 3 seconds and then off for three seconds.  It is driving me crazy!  I would really like to know what it is.  I am 49 and thought maybe it was part of menopause seeing as that is what I am going through  - but I see lots of younger women  are experiencing it too.  really baffling.  But thankfully it seems I am not alone!

I, also, have these same sensations in the pubic region.  It started this afternoon on my right side towards the top of my pubic bone.  It is inside like a faint vibration.  I can not feel from the outside and when I place my hand on it, I can't feel it but then after a few seconds it begins again.  I have felt this a handful of times over a few years and thought I was crazy.  I probably won't go to the Dr. since no one except those of us who understand the feeling, have had any luck.  But I look forward to reading others feedback of information they have been able to find out.
I am so glad that I found this today.  Like practically everyone else, I feel as if my cell phone is in my panties.  I noticed it yesterday at work and it only lasted for seconds.  It occurred while after walking and then standing still.  Didn't quite think nothing of it until I awoke this morning and it was very noticeable.  My immediate thoughts were stress as I am currently under a lot and while trying to deal with the stress I started working out at the gym.  This week however, I tried out a intense cardio class that lasted 1 hour.  Lots of dance style motions and I did not have on the right shoes.  My feet hurt bad, but that went away in 1 day.  The second day is when I noticed the humming/vibration.  Trying not to freak-out I begin to research and ended up on this blog.  At this point, I feel a little more comfortable but not out of the woods because no one has indicated an absolute answer.  I had and have issues with the lower back but am not experiencing any symptoms or pain at this time.  I am trying to reach a friend who is  a nurse practictioner in neurology for some assistant.  
I've been having this vibration/humming symptom for about 1-2 weeks.  It started in the left groin, but now has moved to the vaginal area or labia (not sure which).  I too thought it was a weak cell phone vibration.

I had  pelvic surgery a year ago (left ovary and tube removed along with 4 fibroids removed) and think it may be a nerve or blood vessel being blocked by scar tissue. I also have a cyst on my right ovary and some continued mild pelvic pain.

I am 46, but not menopausal.   I know this because I had hormone levels drawn and I was told I am not even near menopause.  I did however have a sudden drop in libido about 6 months ago.  MD can't explain it because my estrogen level is sky high.  MDs don't seem to know much.  I also had Lupron just prior to my surgery a year ago which destroyed my libido.  It returned for several months and then suddenly bottomed out again.  MDs deny this is the cause.  Any way, I'm wondering if there is a relationship to the buzzing.

Why isn't anyone answering our concerns?
Hey everyone, I have the same thing happen. Please remember that during this time you're shedding your uterus lining, and your vaginal muscles contract to push it out. This means that you may experience feeling those muscles as they're contracting. It's a very strange time we go through every month, so we're bound to feel it. I'm not sure what it's called, but I hope someone asks their doctor so we can give it a proper name. I only feel it in the lower area near my labia, usually on my right.

http://*****************/question/index?qid=20080113214300AArUgSi
Just a reminder to those who may not have read the whole thread - see your chiropractor, that does seem to be the most frequently occurring commonality.

My buzzing has improved every week since seeing a chiropractor/acupuncturist, who said my sacrum was almost horizontal (it's supposed to be mostly vertical).

I'm not so much at a buzz anymore as a muscle tremor or flutter. I think it's connected to stress as well, and my body's rejecting my cross-country move 3 months ago and being homesick. I've talked to lots of people who have said it's very common for the body to react in some way after a big move, especially during the first year. Lord. As long as it stops eventually.
im am so happy that i am not the only one going through this weird cell phone buzzing thing!!! my boyfriend thinks im nuts. Mine only started 2 days ago, it is not painful just annoying and puzzling, any updates on the reason behind this.. I guess we are all "weird" together.
-jackie
Cellphone buzz is exactly the right way to describe it! For me, it happens everyday at least once... sometimes I can even bring it on myself when im anxious for nervous, allowing me to believe it is nerve related somehow. Sometimes even have these electric shock feelings like a rubber band snapping in the vulva area.

The themes Im seeing in common between us: chiropractic treatment, BCPs, urine retention, and possible cervical/ (dare I say) G-spot stimulation.

Perhaps we set it off (the buzzing) when we were "set-off" hehehe!!!

well girls i felt a vibration every 10-15 minute and i did got my period and lasted 4days usually it lasted 8 days and guess what girls i was prego!!!!!!!! so that vibration was cause i was prego can yu belive it i was so happy. So go check your selfs up!
I just discovered this site today out of my desperation to resolve my ongoing question.  I have, for about 8 months now, been feeling a humming/flowing sensation down BOTH sides of my groin area.  In fact it is right where both my femoral arteries are.  It does NOT hurt at all and there is no pain in either of my legs.  The sensation is like a buzzing/humming/narrow current (like a river) and it is SO evident to me that it distracts me especially when I am in the seated position.  The feeling is identical on both sides and I just want it to stop!  It feels weird, gross and I feel helpless.  I am afraid to go to my physician with this because I have had so many minor concerns lately that have turned out to be of the non-urgent nature.  OMG, I am only 45 years old.  What is going on with me?
i just started experiencing this and it is exactly like a cell phone vibrating just above my pubic bone.  mine is quite regular, happens about every 10-15 seconds for about 1-3 seconds.  I am 46, have 3 kids and have had a mirena for 2 years.  i have never used a vibrator or had an std.  because im one of those who keep my cell phone either in my back pocket or coat pocket, im really wondering if it is related to the phone.
I can't believe there are this many posts about this.  I, too, thought it was silly to even search for anything on it.  For this past week, I have been experiencing this buzzing or vibrating feeling in my vaginal area too!  I have also said it feels like I have a cell phone between my legs.  I am only 37.  I have been on zoloft and Meridia for about 2 1/2 months.  Also, because of feeling so much better on these meds, my husband and I have drastically increased our sexual activity.  I hope it's not related to this, as it has also drastically improved our marriage.  I have an appt. w/ my regular dr. on Monday morning.  I was really embarrassed to tell her about this, but now that I see it might be somewhat common, I'm definitely saying something.
I have this vibrating feeling to. it has been going on for a mth. Went to the gyn last Wednesday and she said I had alot of yeast and bacterial vaginosis, being treating for that now. This vibrating feeling come and goes now. but has not stopped.  It is driving me nuts..
I have gotten this vibrating feeling on external right or left side of vaginal area on and off for the past 20 years.  Almost every time it has started, it was after I spent many hours sitting (i.e., after long car rides, sitting playing cards at a casino all day, etc.).  When it starts I get it for anywhere from a few days at a time to several months at a time.  I truly believe that it is caused from a nerve pinch or nerve irritation in the lower back.  Even though the prolonged sitting triggers it for me, I often feel it less when I am sitting and more when I am standing.  There are a couple of things you can try, one of them being an anti-inflammatory medication such as Advil (check with your doctor for dosage) which can reduce any inflammation around the nerves.  Another thing that has helped me in the past when I had it for a few months with no relief (constant vibration night and day) is a muscle relaxant.  It was used to relax the muscles around the nerve it was putting pressure on.  But I only used the muscle relaxant when it lasted a while.  Usually I only take Advil and it goes away in a week or so.  I have it right  now, started 24 hours ago and I am taking the Advil in the hopes it goes away soon.  But as I said, I REALLY feel that the problem stems from a pinched or irritated nerve in the lower back or pelvic/hip area.  Maybe a chiro would help too?  I have never tried.
Well, all I can say is THANK GOD. Mine started a week ago after an almost ten hour marathon on the computer. It first was a fine off and on buzzing that occurred at random intervals... but in the last few days it also becomes more of a violent spasm. Not painful just very irritating. The pain is worse when I sit, recline in a recliner or lay down on my back. Standing and walking I can barely feel it. I have a lot of pain and muscle tension deep in my butt muscle that I've struggled with for years. This is my second episode. This happened once before about five years ago and lasted about a week. I'm hoping this will resolve soon.

I'm curious about what positions people find the most comfortable. Sitting at work is almost impossible right now.. and I wonder if I'm doing more damage sitting on it when it is vibrating. All ideas welcome. Hope to see the doctor tomorrow or the next day.
Great discovery ladies! I went off coffee for about a month and my spasm got a bit better gradually, but at the time I didn't know if it was just getting better on its own or because I went off coffee. So I started drinking coffee again (only 16oz. per day in the morning, not much at all), and within a week, I was having stronger spasms and more frequently again. So I went off coffee again three weeks ago. I just had the best week yet last week.

SO - I recommend reducing your caffeine intake - I don't think it's the cause but it certainly doesn't help.

Now I have one teabag of green tea in the morning and that seems to be fine. I had a chai latte from Starbucks a week ago and had a 'buzzier' evening, so maybe that has too much caffeine in it for me.

Something worth trying out anyway, if you need relief.

I'm also reading Dr. John Sarno's "The Mindbody Prescription", and I think I'm onto something here. I've suspected all along that this has been stress/psychologically-induced for me.
Two weeks later and no improvement on the vibration...I wish it was a caffiene problem for me, but I don't drink coffee or caffienated tea.  I have paid more attention to what makes it worse, and sitting definitely makes it worse.  Standing and walking is the best for me.  I still feel that it is a pinched nerve somewhere in my lower back or pelvic region.  Hope it feels better soon as it is driving me more than a bit crazy this time around.  The vibration also affects the interior side of my right leg down to my knee also, and a little bit in my buttock.  Does anyone else have any vibration in other part of their lower body other than in the pubic region?  I think I will try Advil for another week and then see doctor for some PT or muscle relaxant.
Last year I had the vibrating sensation for a few weeks in my right thigh.  It stopped for a while, then about 2 months ago, it started in my cervix.  I finally went to the chiropractor 3 days a week for 3 weeks and now am going once a week.  After 2 days of treatment with the chiropractor, I stopped feeling the vibrating and have not felt it since.  He said the vibrating was caused by a pinched nerve due to my sacrum being out of alignment.  Hope this helps.
What a relief to find this long list of people feeling the same weird sensation. It is just like my mobile buzzing at the centre of my body at about pubic level. I've been aware of it on and off for quite a few months. It's not painful at all, just annoying and persistent.

I've recently had a major DVT and was worried it was related to that, but as I have also had back problems, I now think from what has been said here that it's most likely that. I only notice it when I am sitting.

The comment about caffeine is interesting too though, as I don't normally drink any caffeine-containing drinks, but I'm getting the buzzing today, and I did take some paracetamol extra, which has caffeine in it. I'll test that out the next time.

I am so relieved to find that so many others have felt this, and been as disconcerted as I am.
Thank you so much for the chiro advice.  I have had this vibration for 5-6 weeks now.  I do want to see one, I am just a bit nervous about it as I am also afraid it may make it worse.  The vibraton has spread to my lower leg, foot, buttock, as well as the groin and pelvic area.  Since it has gotten worse and not better, and it is all day and night, not just intermittent.  For a short while, the vibration would disappear for 2-3 days and then return, but now it is 24/7!  Also, has anyone had the feeling of sexual arousal for no reason with this?  It is like being on the verge of orgasm with no relief, extremely uncomfortable and very unnerving, as it will happen for the entire day every week or so along with this issue, so far it has happened on 4 different days. I will need to consult my doctor before seeing the chiropractor to make sure it is safe for me to go.  
I too had this vibrating feeling in my vagina. I thought I was going crazy, my daughter told me I was crazy. But yesterday I went to my Dr. He knew right a way what it was. It's spasm's at the nerve ending there. He named about 10 things that could have brought it on. The 2 that I remember or stress & being over weight. I wish I could remember all of them. But you aren't going crazy. I feel better knowing it's nothing serious. I hope this helps all of you with this feeling.
I am a girls coach and am in an office of 6 other women. Two of us complain of this symptom and the rest look at us like we're insane.  I am going to try the chiropractic route and see if it eases the "cell phone" vibration that I feel in the left side of my pelvic region.  I will note that I also have been tested for polycystic ovarian syndrome within the past year and have no evidence of cysts.  I have had crazy periods since getting on birth control, but I never noticed the buzzing during that 7-8 months I was experiencing those issues.  

Also, I have had lower back pain and I have had an acute oblique myokymia (crazy twitching in the nerve behind my left eye-invisible from the outside) which seems to have subsided in recent months.  I only note these things in case they are connected, you know?

I'll also tell my coworker and we'll see if it helps to go to the chiro. I will post back. Wow, it's strange how we've both been under the impression that our symptom was just us being weird and turns out, we're among many....
I have this same problem.  I've had it before, but it has been continuing now for almost 2 days.  Driving me bananas.  I have a doctor appointment Monday, not for this, but I will ask.
Well I've been to Western doctors several times now - my GP, two gynecologists, and the answer I get from all of them is "there's nothing wrong with you, if you find the symptoms irritating, take Lyrica". Lyrica is for pain, I believe. I'm not experiencing pain.

It's frustrating that Western medicine still just wants to throw drugs at something, rather than get to the real cause of it. I'm thankful there's nothing seriously wrong, true, like cancer or who knows what, though.

The other good news is that my buzzing is very much better than when it started 6 months ago. I get long stretches of good days in a row now, where there's no fluttering at all, and on days where I do feel it, it's quite brief, just a few twitches and the rest of the day is good.

I do miss coffee though.
I have had this many times before. I have asked my doctor, and she said it's just from a nerve?????
I have other issues down there (I'm thinking maybe a cyst?), and am seeing a GYNO this Friday, so I will mention this to her and see what she has to say.....
I'm having the same symptions too!! And I an 61!!! Would like to know what it is..it's driving me crazy!!!
Ok, I feel so much better knowing I'm not th only one with this problem!  I think I was embarrased, because it feels like I am having an orgasm.
I have had severe low back, hip, and upper groin pain for almost a month.  Almost a month ago, I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy.  Because I am very overweight, they had me kneel down in front of the exam table, and then they tilted the table way up.
Well, 2 days after the exam, I started having terrible pain in my hips, low back, that eventually spread to my upper groin.  I was diagnosed with endrometriosis 15 years ago, and just had a vaginal ultrasound 2 months ago, which came back normal.  I have always had lots of low back pain, even much thinner.  However, I can't even go to the grocery store.  I am in the car a lot because my 20 year old son doesn't have his license (adhd and asperger's syndrome), and I know a lot of this is stress.  He had a psychotic break a year ago, and now has schizophrenia as a diagnosis.
I bought a massage pad for the car, which plugs into the cigarette lighter.  I take Meloxicam and Flexerall when the pain gets bad.  I am getting physical therapy, but that really flared it up 2 days ago.
Then, I get this!  Wierd, but nice to see that I am not alone.  On a good note, some of my libido seems to be increasing!  I am post manopausal, very overweight, and just came off a lot of medication for bipolar.  Just wanted to see if I have what they said I did.  I cry more easily, more often, but my hubby says that I am smarter!
Thanks for letting me ramble.  I may get an xray of my lower back, haven't asked for one yet.  I did have a bone density scan, which came back normal.
Thanks,
M.
You are probably being stocked.  This is happening to me too and the person or persons intends that it creates sexual excitement.  It's harrasement to say the least.  You are not crazy.  I was afraid to tell anynoe and glad I came across this.  It's being done by electronic sensory pulse devices.  Look it up- targeted individuals
OMG!  I have read quite a few of the posts here and even though no one has been able to definitively answer what the cause it is I am glad to see how common this condition is.  This vibrations does not cause me any pain what so ever and like most of you when I first started having this sensation I thought it was my cell phone.  I am going to email my doctor to see what she says and if they allow the post, I will let you all know what comes of it.
I've read a bunch of these posts, but not all, but wanted to say that in 2005 I developed a severe problem with internal vibrations, which included some in the pelvic area - and sometimes created almost arousal, although the head and body vibrations bothered me the most.  I spent 9 months or so seeking help, having tests.  I also developed severe insomnia with it, and the vibrations would happen every time I tried to fall asleep, as well as at other times. I often related it to the frequency of a refrigerator hum. I saw 2 neurologists, one specializing in sleep issues and a general  neurologist at the Univ of Washington.  He was the last doctor I saw for it.  He told me it was a condition they see about 4 times a year, which has no diagnostic name and no cure (and he said they had not seen anyone get better from it).  I had also worked with a homeopath or naturalist long distance who had me working with a magnet, some drops under my tongue, taking quick-dissolving magnesium and exposing myself to power plants for 20-minute sessions.  He did not charge me anything, and had apparently had the problem himself once.  I had been working many hours at a computer 7 days a week, editing transcription, and it seemed like the situation mimicked a "kundalini", a Yoga meditation thing, but I did not do any Yoga or meditating, and I found a site where some research had been done about "knowledge workers" who worked at the computer for many hours for months while at the same time having something moving in their peripheral vision... how they developed symptoms like this "kundalini" Yoga thing.  That seemed to make sense for me, as it fit me to a "T".  Eventually, though it became clear that I had developed a sensitivity to electricity or EMF.... wireless stuff, my laptop, etc.  I could not tolerate anything electrical touching me, like a heating pad or electric blanket.  I had trouble with fluorescent lights too.  

To make this long story short, I left my career...made lifestyle changes and am about 98% better.  My sleep still requires a little help from Tylenol PM, but that itself is a miracle and it has taken the last several years to get better from this.  I did have an ovarian cyst that was found and removed in 2006, and after that, I did not have the arousals from the vibrations in my pelvic area.  It is unclear if menopause played a part in this, as I did not have any laboratory evidence of menopause for months into the problem, but later in the year, I was tested again and declared postmenopausal.  Never had hot flashes, and had had a hysterectomy 25 years before, with one ovary left.

Sorry for the length.... I am able to use the computer now and handle flourescents, etc.  I have problems with electronic equipment at the head of my bed at night and am still slightly sensitive to electrical blankets and such when they are touching me.  I wonder if a lot of this sensitivity in people is because of the EMFs and all the wireless stuff going on around us?
Wondering after reading all these posts, if any of you use a laptop -- on your lap -- as I do? I will be putting mine back on the desk now. While my buzzing/vibrating does not necessarily happen while I have the computer on my lap -- I am wondering if it could be the cause? The chiropratic route sounds practical too. Age doesn't seem to be a factor as our ages range from 20s to 50s.Thanks fellow buzzers!
  I started noticing the vibrations while at work. At first I thought it was from my cell phone as many of you did. I would get up from the chair & noticed that the vibration was still there but not as noticeable as it was when I was sitting. The vibration would come & go. Once while sitting in a vets office on a bench the vibration was so strong, I thought it was due to some sort of machine the vet was using in another room. I could even hear a hum like the hum from a refrigerator .Then i realized it was me. I started to become concerned. I told my husband about it and some friends. But no one had experienced it. After a few months it went away.

I have a friend who had mercury poisoning, who was experiencing vibrations in her arms & legs. But not in her lower pelvic area.

I had been having hot flashes for some 10 years before this started happening. And about three months after the vibrations stopped I stopped having a period. It has been 5 months since I have had a period. I am not sure if the vibrations had anything to do with menopause or if it was some sort of poisoning like my friend had. However the experience has stuck in my mind and I am hopeful that someone can find an explanation for it.

i have had these same buzzing/vibrating feelings on and off for two weeks now,i have just come back from the doctors who gave me an internal(that was ok)he didnt know what it is,he said i may need to do some pelvic floor excersises
Did you ever get to the bottom of the problem? I have exactly the same thing as you describe and its driving me crazy been everywhere nothing helps

Many thanks
gergoingcrazy
I've been feeling this buzzing sensation just above and slightly to the left of the pubic triangle for the past several days, too, and felt pretty silly for doing a search. I didn't expect to find any answers.

From this forum, it seems this symptom is pretty common in women and it seems as if all the women who have posted are of childbearing age. Since no medical professionals have answered, we can assume they might not know what it is and that it most likely isn't serious or require medical treatment. Just for the record, I have never used a vibrator, I'm not pregnant, I'm 40 and just started experiencing this, I'm in perfect health, normal weight, and I have no STDs. Maybe we should just view this as one of those interesting and odd things the body sometimes does and not worry about it.

Before you let a doctor send you for an MRI, be aware that these procedures are extremely expensive and your insurance may not cover all of it. I know I have to pay over $700 for an MRI AFTER insurance. It may not be worth $700 or more to find out that they don't know what your "uterus buzzing" is and you may be back to square one.
Wow!  I'm so relieved to see others w/ the same symptoms.   I was almost too embarrased to research this issue.    Mine started one evening as I was trying to sleep about a month ago.   In addition to the "buzzing" feeling, I'm over-weight have low-back pain & hip pain on same side as the buzzing.   I'm post-menopause & 51 yrs old.    I'm inclined (after reading these posts) to believe this is related to nerve endings and think that weigh-loss, strengtening & perhaps stretching may help.   I'm going to try these things and repost.    
THANK GOD I AM NOT GOING OUT OF MY MIND ALONE! I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS VIBRATING SENSATION FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS OR SO. IT USUALLY HAPPENS E DAY OR TWO BEFORE MY PERIOD IS DUE. IT DOENST HURT OR ANYTHING IT IS JUST WIERD AND DISTRACTING. I TOLD MY HUSBAND ABOUT IT AND HE ASKED ME IF I / WE LEFT ANYTHING BEHIND, LOL TO ALL THAT GET IT. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS BEEN SEEN BY A DR AND HAVE BEEN TOLDD WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW ***@****
Reading all the posts I notice that it may occur when I used benadryl or Tylenol Pm Does anybody can also check if it increase when u take any pill with diphenhydramine? Thanks I will check it close on my particular case.
Hello i so have been having the same problem with buzzing like vibration for the last year which happens everyday about every 7 to 10 seconds.And i am 48 not in menopause nor premenopause and i have been having abnormal bleeding for the last year and have had cyst on both overies i am seeing a doctor for this and next week she doing a d&c and Exploratory surgery to figure what else is going on and start me on a new drug but cannot remenber the drug to help control the bleeding which has not started me on yet. And the drug has only been on the market for 6 months. But here it is i talked to her about the buzzing yesterday and her whole life she has not ever heard of this in college or in her career. She kind of looked at me with a dumb look and i said well that tells me you think i am crazy and she said no i do not think you are crazy but i feel this may just be something you may have to ask your family doctor or back doctor. Which i do have Scoliosis and Osteoarthritis and deteriorating disk. I also have s.l.e lupus and fibromyalgia and need two knee replacements. But ladys at least my doctor said she has never heard of this so at least i know it is not female related. Hope this helps some of your answers. I just hope when i see my back doctor oct 19, he does not look at me the same way. I will let you know!!!
What a nightmare! First experienced these sensations a few weeks ago when I was sitting down and thought there had been an earth tremor as my whole body seemed to vibrate. Now the buzzing can occur in different parts of my body, often in my fingers/feet or core of my body. My fear is that I have MS, this is a neurological auto-immune disease, but it is sooo difficult to diagnose that I have not bothered to yet. I have also experienced some weird sensations in my eyes which is consistent with MS. Has anyone else had eye problms or issues with balance?
I'm a woman, 39 and have had this sensation on and off maybe for a year or two - tried not to overthink it and thought it would just go away.  Lately it has increased in frequency and intensity and so I did what anyone would do . . . I googled it of course!   After reading through these posts, I'm leaning toward the computer theory.  Do all of you that have posted sit at a computer for at least a few hours a day?  I use a desktop computer but even still, I can feel electrical waves and vibrations coming from my equipment.  Also in the wireless age, who knows what effects this may have, day after day, on our bodies?  
It is a relief to know I am not crazy from what I have been experiencing for the last 2 wks.  I found it very difficult to describe, not to mention embarrassing..It was even embarrassing to search on the internet for it..but today, I found this..and I am relieved.
I am going to the chiropractor, as I have been experiencing back and spine problems, and hopefully this will make it Stop.
My opinion -- as others have suggested, low back issues at L3, L4 contribute to the innervation of the of the groin as do sacral nerves. That is one possibility. Number two, and even more likely is tightness or spasm of the psoas and illacus muscles. The femoral nerve and genito-femoral nerve can run through these muscle or be restricted by them. Sitting can contribute to their tighness as can cycling and running (psoas is a hip flexor. Having my low back adjusted by a chiropractor and the psoas and illiacus loosened up by my doc who was Active Release Technique certified (soft tissue manipulation) has been successful for me each time this occurs. Pain in the low back on standing from seated position is classic for psoas tightness
I too feel this wierd feeling of a cell phone vibrating on and off up to 50 times or more a day in my pubic area but it doesnt happen from i notice when im standing but when im sitting or laying down it happened and i noticed if im sitting down with my legs sitting indian style they go numb easy so im gonna head to my dr and see and i will be back with an answer for youns which ppl keep saying they will and dont!
What a shock to see so many with this same 'sensation". I just started having this yesterday, and, right away, I was sure it was a nerve issue. I have herniations, osteophytes, etc cervical, thoacic and lumbar and have had sharp pains at times shoot to my groin area and I was sure they were from lower back. So, I right away attributed this weird "electric current" to a nerve somewhere in my spine. One thing that led me to think it was a spinal nerve is that I only feel it when I am lying down or sitting, so I am guessing that there is positional pressure on a nerve.
I woke up this morning with the same slight vibration it has lasted all day it happens every 15 seconds I hope its nothing to worry about! But if anyone does know anything will help!
lol, i thought i was going crazy as well. i have had this sensation for about a week now and i just decided to look it up today. I didnt think i would find anything at all about it. it made me laugh to see so many people in the same situation. i have no idea what it is, ill see if it goes away in the next couple of days. if not ill have to go get it checked at the doctor.
I too have been experiencing this vibration/buzzing on the right side of vagina. Its not painful or anything besides annoying. I experience this buzz at 4 second intervals most of the time then it goes away or is less frequent. This is day 3 and I hope it is just a muscle spasms or nerve reaction. I definately hope its temporary and some sign of a serious problem. Like I said its more annoying than anything.
Hi all......I thought I had inadvertently swallowed a mobile phone!! :-) Good to know I'm not alone in the world. There is no duscussion on the subject in Italian .... It started suddenly yesterday and has never stopped (only brief, almost regular, intervals). It is a bit unnoying. I realized that none has any idea of what it might be.....If Italian doctor will solve the mystery, I'll follow up
Ciao
I am 32 have 2 children and my tubes are tied and about 2 weeks ago I had this vibrating sensation in my vagina. It doesn't matter what position I am in, it still happens...even as I type this. Mine happens every15-20 seconds and will last about 5-10 seconds. Every now and then I notice that it hasn't occured in a while, but eventually it comes back. It doesn't hurt, just very annoying and strange (never feeling this before). I too have always had lover back prob;ems, but never felt this before. I will contact my GYN and my Chiropracter, who also practices herbal medicine. I will post when I find out something. Good luck everyone.
For me, the buzzing was a problem with the psoas muscle. After an abdominal aortic ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, visit to the naturopathic doctor, visit to the MD, and bloodwork, my chiropracter honed in on the psoas muscle. When she first started working on it, it got a bit worse, and then she got it to stop! This was after 2 weeks of buzzing for most of the day. It had started some hours after a new exercise class. The buzzing would be on for 4 seconds, then off for 3 seconds. Very regular.

Good luck everyone!
Hi ladies, I hope you will read this follow up because I found a solution. My gyn diagnosed an inflamation (inflammation) to the neck of the womb (please, forgive my poor medical slang). The solution is very simple: vaginal showers bit warm water and bicarbonate (baking soda).  Just by the plastic shower at the chemist and do it once per day for ten days. After the first treatment the buzzing disappeared (and say that it had become so bad, constant and strong, to affect indirectly the entire body. Good luck to all. I'll keep in touch to read if it worked for you too. Ciao
Dont know if it has anything to do with it, but I had this same thing when I was pregnant!!! It did feel exactly like a cell phone in your pocket or something. Weird! I think it is do to a mix of hormones, alignment issues, and your nerves and veins contracting and swelling at different points in your cycle. It is truly a bizzare sensation though. Glad to know others are experiencing the same.= )
Add me to the list.  Strange frequent pulsations in the left hip area, feels just like a cell phone buzzing.  I have EMF protection on my cell phone and stopped having it near my body because I thought it was the problem, but it continues for about a week now. It is exhausting and I worried it might be Parkinson's or something horrible like that.  I may have Lyme disease and maybe a connection there?  I had been using a Robelex K1 vibration excercise machine allot before it started so maybe a "Trapped Nerve".  I will go to the Chiropractor and see if it helps.  I am 52 and menstruate regularly still. I did a SCIO session and it is still happening so nothing changed doing that. I am not pregnant because I just finished my period. Some alien download? Love finding this forum!!!
i am also very happy ;) to see i am not the only one with this very annoying spasm/vibration.  I am 17 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing the sensation for 2 days now and once before about 2 months ago, have never experienced this before pregnancy.  i have an appointment in 10 days so will for sure talk to my doctor about it and see if he has any answers; will keep you posted.
I also had this, a very strange sensation, I was at the time that I first had this, researching for myself about nutrient deficiencies. I had restles leg syndrome very bad also, I had it before the buzzing sensation actually. I found out that a deficiency in magnesium can be what brings on restless leg syndrome. So, I went and got magnesium in tablet supplement form, (magnesium chelate) I now use magnesium chloride (magnesium oil which is not actually an oil but is sea water with a very high content of magnesium) when I can afford it. Magnesium oil massaged into the skin is the most beneficial and bio-available form of magnesium.
   Soooo...I took it for a month and the restless leg syndrome got better and the buzzing went away. The restless leg syndrome went away completely after also starting to take nascent iodine and Krill oil!
   It's definitley mostly the magnesium though, I know because I was kind of taking a break from some of my supplements over the summer as I was eating tons of fresh food from my garden, but obviously not enough magnesium rich stuff, because I got the buzzing and the restless leg syndrome starting backup by the end of summer. It's gone again now that I have been taking magnesium and mineral drops.
   I would recommend 80% fresh fruit and vegetables diet, 6 to 10 glasses of water per day, nascent iodine and selenium, magnesium oil (or a tablet form of magnesium if the other is too expensive) Krill Oill (omega 3 fatty's), digestive enzymes, vitamin D3 (3,000 IU per day in winter switching to sun in the summer) and mineral drops (with all the trace elements and amino acids) It is all natural, not very expensive, takes a month or so to get results and is worth the effort. These things are most of the basic tools (along with exercise and rest of course) that our bodies ned to perform their jobs practically flawlessly! This regimine of supplements and diet really helped me with depression and feelings of doom that used to get a grip on me for no apparent reason. I feel pretty happy most of the time (and I'm flat *** broke, my husband and I are on employment insurance, the wolves are constantly at the door and on the phone and I can deal with it...: ) I hope this helps some! April
Hi there, If you decide to try any of the supplements that I mentioned, you should mention them to your Doctor when you see him, so far as I have seen all those things are very important to fetal developement, particularly iodine, and congratulations by the way!!!
   Strange thing that vibrating eh? I was so surprised when I saw the title of this thread "buzzing vagina" cause that's exactly what it felt like, a cell phone on vibrate LOL, take care, April
Unbelievable there are this many posts on here about this!  This started with me today.  I've had buzzing sensations in my chest in the past but this is a first.  Everybody at work looked at me like I was crazy, and we talk about everything.  I also have had lower and upper back pain with osteoarthritis and disc compression and have seen a chiropractor for several months.  I am also on my period.  It has to have something to do with inflammation and nerve compression.  It is steady and rythmic and has got to have something to do with blood flow and pressure being put on the nerves.  I have been taking alot of Advil since my back pain flared up bad about a month ago.  Since then I have been putting ice on my back and doing stretches on the floor to stretch out my back.  I haven't done them in the past few days because I was feeling much better but I will start this routine again and see if it maybe helps with this if it is caused from inflammation.  Another homeopathic remedy I have found for my back is called Traumeel.  It's a cream you can find at the healthfood store or online and it contains herbs such as echinacea, etc.  I am going to try putting this on my back again to see if maybe it helps with some of the inflammation my body is experiencing.  I may rub some on my lower stomach and see if that helps as well.  Hopefully this all will help with this other weird unexplainable sensation.  I find it so hard to believe that there aren't many gynecologists that have ever heard of this problem when all these people have experienced it.  
OMG...I cant even believe I found this website. I just googled this question and viola! Mine is doing it at this very moment as I type. Lol... So like Im kind of embarassed to go to the doc for it. I mean what do i say ..."Hey Doc, so i have vibration goin on in my vag, any ideas?" Right, I mean cant we just all work together to figure this thing out? Theres over 100 ppl with the same thing i have, its crazy!(its doin it again) My finacee says, "Oh, every girls dream, to have a built in vibrator", But its no not like that. Its not satisfying, or painful, just distracting. I'll be at work talkin to customers and then boom, there it goes again twitching...you know. So what is going on with us? I got off the shot about 3 months ago and still havnt had a period in 2 years, so i dunno...so clueless...but hey at least (its doin it again) im not the only one.
I've had these internal "cell-phone like vibrations" off and on for several years.  I'm 60 yrs old and have gradually progressing vaginal prolapse, uterus, bladder, and rectum. I think my vibrations may be related to this because they seemed to be more frequent right before my obgyn recently diagnosed me to have stage 2 prolapse.  I have also had an almost paralyzing pain 4 or 5 times over the past 3? years.  It lasts only a minute or two.  My women's health physical therapist (kegels) said prolapse can be painful.  My obgyn did an ultrasound of my ovaries area just to rule out possible causes, but nothing was found.
Hi, thanks to everyone for posting, I thought I was going mad too! My buzzing feels like it's on my pelvic bone/slightly inside my vagina. It only started today, I thought there was some machinery vibrating the floor underneath my chair!

I've started pilates recently as I have a desk job where I sit down all day, and I also have a slight hip impingement. I get a vague feeling I've stretched my back recently starting exercise, it hurts in between certain bits of my spine - shoulder blades and lower back sometimes too. If the buzzing persists I'll go to a GP and try post back here - but I get the impression people's posts regaring medical advice from GPs are being deleted?

For the record: I am 23, not overweight, OK diet (vegetarian but lazy!), on the pill, two days from my period, and a pap test four months ago which came back clear.

Good luck with the buzzing, everyone!
Ok im 18 and im having simular problems. i was just on my period but it was happening before. i dont what it is alli no is that im just scared i have no idea what to do at all or what it might be. the desciption of what im experiencing is perfect the vibration/buzzing in cervix kinda like a cell phone i thought i wasnt going to find anything but i did soo please someone help lol.!!!
I thought I was crazy too! I've had this sensation for many years, and did ask my doctor once about it. He said "You shouldn't be feeling that unless you put something up there"!! Ugh.. Now I know I'm not alone. I have a cyst the size of a tennis ball on my right ovary too right now, and I really feel the vibration now! So I'm thinking it is something to do with nerves too, putting pressure on nerves and makes them act crazy. And my doctor isn't doing anything about the cyst either, just going to get an ultrasound of it in 2 more moths..
I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia a week ago, severe nerve pain in the face and jaw, I finally got that pain under control and all of a sudden tonight I have this buzzing in my pelvic area.  Well thank goodness for this forum because I thought I was losing my mind.  I too thought my cell phone was in my pocket, when I realized it was on my desk I panicked a little bit.  I am going to ask the doctor about it, I am afraid she will t hink I have lost my mind.  At leas I know you all h ave lost yours as well so I am not alone! Ha.  I will post what she says.  I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow but it's of my head, maybe I should ask to get on of that area as well.  I am wondering if it's related to the nerve issue.
Thank God I am not alone......I'm 60...have major back problems... disk surgery in neck and suffer from bulging and herniated disks down spine. I have problems with my left hip for which I have inections. After neck surgery I experienced nerve flutters across the back of my neck and between my shoulders.....Now I am a buzzer ... it reminds me of a nipped nerve . I have had a hystorectomy 5yrs ago...i'm going with the nerve thing. Great site you have made me feel better already

Hi all you ladies, please try magnesium, the best would be transdermally [thru the skin].(go to ancientminerals.com). I took magnesium capsules when I first started and that helped quite a bit, when I used the Ancient Minerals magnesium chloride oil (you just rub it on your skin) that buzzing and vibrating went completely away. Magnesium deficiency can cause muscle spasms, muscle twitching, jerking and cramping. I did the research, it makes sense, the vagina is a muscle I believe! Try it, magnesium caps are cheap , $12 -15. for 60 caps or the magnesium oil, gel or  lotion on that site, it's a bit more expensive but goes along way! It might take a week or so while your body is getting sufficient in magnesium again before you get relief, or, if you are severely deficient you might notice instant improvement! I hope this helps some of you, keep us updated if you can, it would be nice to know what percentage of women are helped by this. Good luck and if you have time research all the health benefits of magnesium, it's really important to human health, April
I have been having the "buzzing" or "tembling" feeling in my right pelvic area for the past several days and I have to say it is really driving me crazy.  Mine also feels like a cell phone is trapped down there.  It happens every 30 seconds or so and lasts about 15 seconds.  It happens when I sit or stand and I can only get relief if I am laying flat on my back.  I think it is most likely a nerve thing, pinched nerve from the back, but it is interesting it is happening to so many people.  I am kind of nervous to go to my doctor and explain this to him.  Seems very embarrassing to say the least.  If you have an insight into this problem, please let me know.
I also have experienced these pulsation sensations pre and post hysterectomy.  I monitored what was going on before they started, how long it lasted, and as descriptive as possible.  In my case, I was evaluated for an abdominal aortic anurysm.  My blood pressure was very high and actually the sensations did occur right after a heartbeat, in a pulsing pattern.  Please be sure to rule this out if most are accepting that this is a nerve, chiro problem.  If the anurysm bursts, you bleed out.  Good luck fellow community members!
OMG Ive had the same thing for about 2 days now and it is driving me crazy. I sometimes think it is vericose inside the pelvic area because I also have the pulsations that vericose gives me in my thighs.. then the tingling feeling in my and around the area of my vagina is almost organismic and driving me absolutely crazy. I haven't had a sexual encounter for almost a year until recently and everything starts going through my mind.  I also have an IUD in place and next year is the 5 year mark but Im thinking IT IS COMING OUT very soon...
I have had a buzzing feeling in my private area for a few days now.  It started 36 hours after I had a tattoo in the middle of my lower back.  I'm seeing my Dr for a pelvic exam next week, and will mention this problem.
I'm assuming it is an aggravated nerve.
I KNOW WHY!!!     WE WERE ALL ABDUCTED BY ALIENS HAHA no seriously i am pregnant and due any day now and i am having this problem its nothing to worry about by the sounds of it its really common sense  its just contracted muscles or nerves and could be something wrong with your back and because i just started feeling this kind of thing i now know its just muscles and nerves,  there a little spooked i guess maybe some of you put on weight ? your body is getting used to the change or could be some of you need to relax your muscles or excercise anywho after reading all this i know thats what it is COMMON sense hope this helps you guys and if your really still freaked out  go to a medical doctor
I have had this same type buzzing, vibrating sensation going on for a week now. I am in my 40's and do not use a vibrator, nor have not had sex for a long time. I am not on the pill, have not been for 30-years now. No hysterrectomy, and No back pain, or weight issues. After reading all the other issues, I just can not get the answer to why in the heck this is happening. The only thing that makes sense in my situation, I would have to say is muscle spasms/ nerves. Other then that, I can not think of anything.  Glad to know that I am not the only one, and so glad that others post their concerns. Thanks.
Hello All,
I have been having the same buzzing feeling for the couple of months. Stumbled upon "kundalini syndrome" and "kundalini symptoms" on google.  Check for yourself to see it applies to you.
Omg !!! Thought I was going Crazy Googling this lol .....Obviously not alone !!! Ive had ths for the past  couple of weeks vibrating in the pubic area ....Thought I was going Crazy  ...Glad Im not alone but still no idea of what it is .....If I find out will post n let u all know Im 52 and have finished the menopause  ??
well like everyone else said i'm glad i'm not losing my mind with the pelvic buzzing....i do think it is a nerve but last week i had cramping in the same area and went into the walk-in, they checked urine for infection and pregnancy and nothing so she did a pelvic exam and also took a sample of fluid and looked under microscope and no infection, at that time no buzzing just cramping and was a week and half after period and do not ever get cramping after period, then like a day later no cramping just buzzing, even while i'm typing this lol, my husband just shook his head when i mentioned it last night at dinner, i have had muscle spasms before in other areas of the body but the buzzing is not the same thing, i think i will go in to chiro and get adjustment to see if it relives the buzzing, i dont take any vitamins like mentioned above, i am on a few script meds but never had this before so dont think it is from meds, i will follow up after i see chiro...just glad i'm not losing my mind just yet lol
Goodness!!  Well I too am so glad that I am not going mad.  The buzzing is extraordinary.  It started one morning a couple of days ago and cmes and goes.  I am 61, very well and all systems normal.  I did hurt my back after carrying a box of plates a couple of months ago and I wonder if that has something to do with it.  There is no pain at all, nothing unusual and nothing uncomfortable apart froom the buzzing - yes the phone buzz is a perfect comparison.

That's bizarre - I too have had exactly the same buzzing and "blips" in my uterus area. I've also noticed increased discharge and a really sore lower back .... suggestions anyone ?
holy jeez im so glad i decided 2 google "feeling like something inside my vagina is vibrating" bcuz its been driving me nuts 4 a cpl weeks now... i had myself convinced it was a tumor or something worse.. i am 28 had cervical cancer and a hysterectomy when i was 21.. i had 3 kids prior 2 that and since the hsy everything has been  good down there so 2 speak.  suddenly it feels like my phone is going off constantly in my pocket!  its so aggrevating and distracting.. its good 2 kno im not alone (or losing my mind) but i would really like an answer 2 this problem.. ne1 who has gone 2 a dr for this please post what u found out. thanx!
I had the buzzing vibrating in cervix area last year I was worried it was something bad.I had scans cameras all sorts of test and not one doctor,nurse or specia
Ist had heard of it or knew what it was.then I had my urine checked and I had a water infection,although I had no other symptoms to make me think I had one.I had a course of antibiotics for a water infection and the buzzing and vibrating stopped .I have not had it come back,it's been a year now.so I would advise you to try some antibiotics and hopefully it will help you.
take a bath.
If taking a bath doesn't work, I don't know. I read about it on another website and someone said it was some sort of sexually-related disease. I'm not quite sure if that's true, for I felt that and I'm only 12 years old.
God bless all of you.
I was so afraid to look this up thinking I might end up on a porn site for a vibrating vagina HA HA, but seriously, glad I'm not alone. I am six months pregnant and mine started about two weeks ago. (you can imagine my husbands reaction when I told him about my "buzzing vagina"!!!) Mine feels like it is more in my labia. I'm positive there is no infection or std's. I'm thinking it is hormones. I noticed a lot of people posted that they get it right before they are suposed to start their menstrual cycle. My husband is a nurse and can't really explain the buzzing but he did say that the body begins to prepare itself to have the baby, and the labia expand, and the hormones cause that to take place. Maybe it's the same with the menstrual cycle and the change in the hormones around that time. Either way, I hope it goes away after! it's driving me nuts, I'll let you know!!!
I have the same problem, it started about 5 days ago. Got tested yesterday and found out I have a slight Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).  Started taking antiobiotics last night, for 3 days. Hopefully that will take care of it. The pain and pressure I had down there has went down a bit, but the pulsating is still there.
thought i was crazy too for googling 'buzzing vagina'!  so relieved i didn't end up on a porn site and to know i am not alone!  i just started my period yesterday and then the buzzing started this afternoon.  have never experienced this before.  after reading the posts, i think it makes the most sense that it is related to a pinched nerve... although i don't have any pain, i just took a yoga class for the first time in months just a couple days ago so maybe that has something to do with it?  have already contacted my chiropractor because it is driving me crazy!  will post back with results.
Okay, after reading all this info online, l finally told my fiance, l thought it was in my head, l have so much wrong with me, thought omg, not another thing, thank god for the internet and knowing I'm not alone, wish there were real answers, though it does seem alot have back issues in common.
i know this is gonna sound weird bt i was married in april and soon after this problem started i thot maybe i had some infection but what worked for me was to drink lotsa water and TRUST ME it worked for me every time i feel the pulsating under there i would just drink water and within minutes it wud go away.hop this works for u too.goodluck.
This vibration kept me awake all night. On Saturday afternoon had a sample back massage (first one ever) at the mall and the buzzing started Sunday night. Connected? Not sure. I think it was since never had this sensation before. I am 67 and in good health. The sensation is constant and seems to be on right side of vagina. I thought it was my imagination and it kept me awake all night. There is no pain but annoying.
I was too embarrassed to actually ask anyone besides the internet and im glad im not the only one who has this vibration..in the vagina...it felt like buzzing..and would occur everytime i sit down.....Im 18 and have a normal period and im average weight....it worries me because my aunt is paralyzed from Transverse myelitis..and someone had mentioned in an earlier message that it could be Cauda Equina syndrome? which could lead to paralysis...im very worried but im sure its fine right? you all seem to have cures haha which is good im gonna try them!
I am very happy to read this. My buzzing started a few days ago and I was very concerned I thought it would just go away but I had a threee hour long class today and it kept coming back, and I kept looking for my phone! I have been noticing a lot of back pains so thank you everyone for the advice to go to a chiropractor. I will definately try that out!
I've experienced the same over the past two weeks, but only when I'm standing and walking fast.  At first, I thought it was indigestion (and, btw, the description of a sensation like a cell phone on vibrate is completely accurate), but it's happened repeatedly since I first noticed it, nearly every day when I'm rushing to the parking lot after work, or rushing downtown to meet friends at lunch.  I'm sure I have osteoarthritis, since it runs in the family and my hips have hurt sporadically for three or four years, my fingers have started to hurt at work, and my neck feels wonky when I wake up in the morning (I'm 48 and have recently begun a rough perimenopause).  I had a slight L3 injury when my kids were small that required four days of oral steroid therapy, but nothing dramatic since.  I'm tall, at an ideal weight, and "physically fit," but have also worn high heels my entire adult life  and have become markedly less active over the past few months.  No doc visit or diagnosis yet, but my gut tells me this is probably caused by nerve pressure from swollen discs.  Even with that sense, this is a creepy and extremely disturbing sensation.
I am so relieved to hear that I'm not alone! I have had this 'mobile phone' vibration feeling since I had a hysterectomy 21 years ago. I was 32 & it was only under the scar line. I would only have it now & again over all those years but about 5-6 months ago, it has been nearly every day. It is just like a mobile phone as it buzzes for a few seconds then off then on again.
What has disturbed me is that is now going into my vaginal area & is so much stronger than it used to be.
My doctor thought that it might be my bowel as I had Ulceritive Colitis. I also have bladder problems but I feel that it's more to do with a nerve being pressed on. It's so frustrating as I don't want this forever.
I am going back to my doctor this week & will ask to see a gynocologist. I will also mention it to my osteopath to see if any bone is out of line.
My husband says I am lucky to have this area buzzing but it's not nice & I want it gone!
I have had this feeling for about 4 wks now and it is driving my crazy!!! I also wake up in the night with electric buzzing in my legs. I don't want to ask my dr. about the vibrations in my pelvic area.
Has anyone found an answer to this question?
I started noticing the buzzing vibrations about five years ago.  A fellow I was dating said he'd noticed it years earlier but did not mention it until the last time we were intimate. He reported feeling the electrical impulses during orgasam and afterwards he placed his hand three feet from my vagina and exclaimed, " you're emitting an electrical current".  I was kinda wiped out, so i didn't pay much attention but over time the buzzing felt like things were moving around in there which freaked me out.  I've had one full term pregnacy and I know what that swooshing around in the cervix feels like.  At one point I was convinced that even though I was not sexually active some aspect of my reproductive organs were.  Oriental medicine calls in chi in an activated root chakra.  Chi being a universal life force.  As if that wasn't strange enough, when I'd have an internal conversation w/myself...like trying to decide something...my cervix would not only buzz, it would start to flutter as if to agree or disagree.  creepy, right?  But i got used to it and headed back to temple.  The symptoms are just like so many have said.  At night the vibrations start at my feet and then they rise up, now it happens every night.  One night it shook me awake w/all the vibrating and buzzing.  I pulled back the covers and i swear to you, a misty white ball of light zoomed from under my covers and disappered under my bed and I could feel it buzzing under my cushions.  I can not sleep on beds w/metal springs b/c the bed gets full of static electricity...further when I get up and i still feel the buzzing, when I look at my arms and around my head, there are residuals of light rays on my arms and legs.  I don't know what the heck it is but it exsists.
I've had paps and sonograms and nothings been detected.  I'll tell you this much it has me believing in immaculate conceptions.  Furthermore when the vibrations rise up my spine to the back of my head it makes me feel like my entire room is vibrating and my environment looks like I'm living in a sea of energetic waters.  It's truely an encounter of the third kind.
Ok, guys. I found this post about a month ago, when I started having the same buzzing/vibrating on the right side of my crotch/vaginal area. After 2 trips to the chiropractor, it stopped. He knew exactly what I was describing. I had a pinched nerve from a misalignment. It's happened again since, moving toward my lower tail bone. Same sensations you all describe. Usually starts after a round of great sex! Lol! The chiropractor cleared it up for me! Hope that helps!
It's been two days since my husband and I had an intimate sex..after two days, I'm starting to feel this crazy vibrations and buzzing inside my vagina..it's really weird feeling. Anyone who finds out what is it? If I still experience this for 1 week I would probably go to my OBGYN to find an answer..I will keep u all posted... Thanks for sharing your thoughts...Now I feel I'm not alone with this weirdness feeling...
Just wanted to post an update that since I moved back to my hometown almost a year ago now, and almost 2 years after my vibrating started, it has almost completely cleared up. The few times it did start up again for a week or two (in April and then in September), the only variable I can think of is that I forgot to take my daily 3 capsules of Benfotiamine special B complex vitamins. I hate the buzzing so much that I don't want to test this theory and miss taking them one day on purpose, but I remember last year when my buzzing was in general much more frequent, and I had a 40 day in a row respite when I didn't buzz at all. Then I ran out of my Benfotiamine then and missed a couple of days of taking them before I got some more, and I started buzzing again for a couple of weeks.

Don't think it would hurt to try the Benfotiamine for you buzzers, at any rate :)
Whoo thank the good lord its not just me then. Mines on the inner area of the outer mons like a brrrrrrrrrrr then it wills top for a few secs then brrrrrrr like a tick feeling but more constant it seesm to go in bed or almost had oit for 3 days now Id say its more constant than First day. Im postmeno for 15 years have sever Vaginal Atrophy uses Vagifem to make life bearable with out it Dont want to go there again but glad to know its not just me xxx
Ok have the solution ladies,and the few men who also had this irritating buzz,would be great if it was actually pleasurable but its down right annoying. I did a load of research even asked my doctor who wrote it off as everything else she writes of to, hormonal changes, what a crock, I went to my osteopath and emabarrassed I asked about it, he said yes no worries its coming from your lower back dont worry I will sort it, and after only 1 treatment the buzz faded by more then half after 2nd treatment it stopped.
I asked what is it? he said basically instead of me getting signals like "ouch my back hurts " or siatica the trap area sends this buzz feeling,can get them anywhere on the body and is similar to a twitching eye.
So, forget specialist and worries go a good osteopath and tell him and I am 100% sure it will be corrected. I am also told some go to chiropractors for same result
just an added comment, if you have been diagnosed with any nerve damage or disorder and on some type of medications under no circumstances stop those, but you can still go see an osteopath it wont hurt and pharmacutial prescription treatment, also some ladies added they used VitB etc, they are always good for us ladies. Hope my info will help many of you get rid of the BUZZZZ tc
This buzzing sensation just started happening to me too, on and off, 2 nights ago.  I'm an RN and I was at work, kept reaching in my pocket because I thought my phone was vibrating!  Just on the left side.  Since no one has come up with an answer, I will speculate.  I think it is an arterial spasm (femoral artery).  Don't think it is a pinched nerve, and don't think it is muscular.  I have no idea what would cause it though, and plan on asking a Dr.!  So annoying though.  Happens standing, sitting, laying down.  (I don't have an IUD but am on birth control fyi)
I think from what I remember my osteopath said it was from me stepping off 2 steps with some shopping in my hands and this in turn through the pelvis out of whack,or lifting something heavy or even pushing furniture whilst vaccumming.anyway it is exactly like your describing an annoying buzz that dont matter if ur sitting laying down or standing, sometimes its almost like in time with pulse which I thought an artery problem also. But as I previously said 1 treatment and 50% better 2 treatments it was gone, its actually been on and off again since i was stooped over washing my huge dog on Monday so time to go back the osteo. tc good luck, hope ur dr is into alternate healing and u are not put throufgh a string of uneccessary testing
I've had this the last couple of days. I am 35 weeks pregnant and I believe it's the baby's head putting pressure on cervical nerves.
I found the best answer here and she was right I did what she did and it stopped. My symptoms were like hers and out of all of the things I heard, no one came back from the doctor with any solutions on these posts. Kudos Kora!

http://korabodymakeover.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-is-buzzing-about.html
I have experienced this annoying buzzing as well starting in my groin area and then in other parts of my body. Have not wanted to ask anyone about it as I have felt like I was maybe nuts or something, but last night I happened to say something to my husband about it as it was in my left breast area. To my surprise he said oh ya I have experienced it as well... thought it was my cell phone vibrating, but nope not it. So here I am,  read all of your comments hoping to get some Idea of where to start with this. Now as I was reading there were a couple of Ideas, one was "fasciculations" and the other was "kundalini syndrome" sure as hell not kundalini, fasciculations sounded a little more reasonable.....kind of goes in the direction that we might be deficient of magnesium. Which for myself may be a possibility since I haven't been able to take magnesium for several years without it giving me a headache, and made my jaw stiffen up. ya I know sounds wacky huh. But since I got a machine that makes Kangen water which is an alkaline water I have been able to take magnesium supplements without the headaches or the stiff jaw and I so sleep better....so I am wondering if my body was getting very acidic (which is what the alkaline water fights) and so I couldn't take the magnesium. So therefore I have had multiple symptoms of a deficiency of magnesium one being insomnia, and also the wierd vibrations from either muscle or nerves or a combination. ....So I am going to hit the magnesium supplements and of course in combo with whatever else helps you to absorb it and I shall see what happens....And of course I will report back to you people to let you know if it works. Oh and I have also worried about it being parisites. Just a thought, but how the heck or who the heck will help ya with that???
I paid close attention to my frequent "buzzing/vibrations". I was able to pin point it down. It happens when I turn my neck a certain way and I'd say I feel it at the bottom of my spine. It's felt from front to back mostly around my butt tho.

I will be visiting a doc tomorrow, worried about possible spinal cord damage.
oh my gosh. i just started having this buzzing sensation a couple of days ago. it totally feels like a cell phone. i thought i was crazy too and so did my husband. so glad to hear i am not alone. from what i am reading here i think i will try a chiropractor and see if i can get some relief. it is so annoying,. i only notice it when i am sitting and laying down. i have been having trouble falling asleep the last few nights because of it.  i am 36. so glad to have found you fellow buzzers!!!!
I just started experiencing this last night, I sat on my bed and decided I was going to play some games on my laptop before going to sleep when I felt this vibrating feeling! I got up thinking I was sitting on my phone, it felt so weird that I started searching my bed for a phone, even thought someone was messing with me but the next day at work while I’m on the computer chair it happens AGAIN!! So now I’m like freaking out, no insurance so I’m just trying to search the web and get some answers that way.... If anyone knows where this comes from and why, it would be very helpful!!

Thanks!!
Everyone posting things like "Oh I'm not the only one with this, I feel so much better!", you all are crazy! I know it can be reassuring to know you are not alone, but that is no reason not to do anything about it, it could still be a very serious issue. Even the rarest diseases still have hundreds of sufferers in the world, but they shouldn't just stop treatment because "It can't be anything too serious if this many have it too".

Millions have cancer, but it's certainly very serious. In short, you really shouldn't listen to anywhere here. Any one symptom could have dozens of causes, and just because it wasn't serious for someone doesn't mean it couldn't be life threatening to you.

Go seek proper medical attention instead of trying to get comfort in numbers!
Yes, most assuredly seeking proper medical attention should be the first and always the best course of action.

If you read all the posts here (and many of us have), you may find that a lot of us have sought lots of regular and specialist medical attention, and have been told either "you're just stressed out" or "take this drug" or "there's nothing wrong with you". So yes, definitely seek medical attention first to rule out something serious like cancer or who knows what. But once they've ruled that out (for which I'm grateful), they have nothing left to tell you, and no relief to offer (short of taking Lyrica - and just Google THAT scary med sometime! and I didn't have nerve *pain*, so why would I want to take a drug for nerve pain, with all kinds of scary side effects to boot?).

I saw many doctors a couple of years ago and none of them had ever heard of this. I talked to a pharmacist and he said "so many women have this problem. It's really common." I realize the medical profession obviously doesn't have the answer or cure for so many things, but that they seem to be unaware of it when it apparently is somewhat frequent, was surprising to me. Some are starting to know about vulvodynia, but even then said the description does not fit what we here have experienced, since there is no pain.
I started having the "vibrations" in my pelvic area a few days ago. I wasn't sure what was going on or why this was happening. Lastnight, after intercourse, it started again. I realized that it also started after intercourse the other night as well. I wasn't having any pain until this morning and it feels like someone or something is pulling on the right side of my stomach. I'm not sure if its my ovaries or what it is. I am going to my gyn the 5th of december so I will mention this to her. I read most of the posts and didn't see any where this happened after intercourse. Also, I have had many LEEPS and Biopsies on my cervix due to cervical cancer, but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the vibrations. It's been almost a year now since my last biopsy.
Viewing 1-200 comments: