Inverted Nipples?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Inverted Nipples?

I am not sure if I have flat or inverted nipples or not.  I have did the test of pinching the area around the nipple.  They say if it inverts and does not react then it is inverted.  When I do the pinch test, my nipples invert at first and then come out like a hard nipple. I cannot find anywhere, where it says what kind of nipple I have when it comes out and stays for a little while and then goes back in. It stays in most of the time when I am hot or just sitting there, but when cold or touch/rubbed they come out.  I have looked at  pictures of inverted nipples, and mine look kinda like other peoples inverted nipples, but most people say there's doesn't protrude, yet mine do. What kind of nipples do I have?
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem.  I think you and I have flat nipples.  Most true inverted nipples that I've heard of never protrude out even when stimulated.  When I do the finger test or get cold, they poke out but eventually poke back in when normal.  I've heard when you get pregnant, it helps to make the nipples stay out.  I'm trying to get pregnant right now so I'll tell you if that's true.  

If it is really bothersome, there is plastic surgery that can fix it.  Otherwise, I've come to terms with it.
Avatar n tn
hi.  i have one inverted nipple.  one regular one.  not fun.  breastfeeding is difficult with the inverted nipple.  they make nipple shields you can wear that help keep it out.  i just decided to pump my milk since i couldn't get my baby to latch on good.  hth.
my nipples were both normal until i breast fed my son when he was born now my left nipple  is inverted all the time  i am worried bacause i read someone where that one inverted nipple can be a sign of cancer in the inside of the nipple which u cant feel
I had the same symptoms so i went to the doctors. i was told that i had inverted nipples. that was when i found Pippetop. i tried it out and after 1 month, you can really see the results.
Hey,

I have the same thing! And i'm only 14! When I pinch the area around them they go in and moments later they come out again. And when they get cold they come out. I think it's called "Shy Nipple Syndrome" or something. As my breasts are still developing my doctor said they should grow normaly as I get older - but I have no clue weather that will happen...

Hope it's helped :)
h
hi
i am 17 year old.my both nipples are inverted but sometimes it comes out.there is no other problems.why is it so??please help.......
I have the same problem when im cold they go normal, then my left nipple looks inverted sometimes
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
46 mins ago
AnnieBrooke away July 25 afternoon to J... Comment
Des_a_rae commented on Saw the babies again ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals