Irregular Menstrual Cycle After Ovary Removal
I had my left ovary removed in March 2012 and have since had irregular periods. I am 40 years old and typically one month, it would be fine, starting at the 4 week mark and then the next month, it would be 5+ weeks before I would get it. It would just contunue to alternate like that month to month. This time, I am going on 7 weeks without having my cycle. I am not pregnant and just wondering if this is a normal thing after an ovary removal, or if it is something that I should consult my OB/GYN about. Thank you
The cause of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.