Women's Health Community
Irregular Period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Irregular Period

I'm 20 years old and have been having my period since I was in 5th grade. It has still not regulated. There will be times where it is regular for a significant amount of time, and then it will just disappear for 3 months. It has now been 4 months since I've had mine. Should I be concerned? I have gotten birth control, but haven't started it yet because I was told to wait until after I got it to start talking it. Any idea what I should do?

I should note that I am not pregnant.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1772987_tn?1330058601
Extreme stress can cause irregular cycles. Not to be offensive, but are you overweight? Or an extreme athlete? Being to far one way or the other weight-wise can affect hormones and periods. You might want to see a obgyn about this if its not a weight thing. 10 years of irregular cycles is a long time. Pcos or thyroid problems could also be a possibility. Can you call the clinic where you got your rx for pills and ask what they think? Good luck!
Blank
I guess that would be a good thing to know.
Height: 5ft
Weight: 120
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Some of the common causes of irregular periods are such as hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, intake of certain medicines, pituitary gland disorder, thyroid hormones disorders, poly cystic ovarian syndrome etc. You should consult a gynaecologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
I suggest you to get yourself thoroughly examined from a gynecologist to diagnose the cause of irregular periods and start with the treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...