Irregular Periods

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Irregular Periods

Hi, I'm about to be 32 soon. For the past 3-4 months, I'm haaving irregular menstrual cycle (ie; it starts within 19-20 days of the date of the last cycle). However, i never had this problem before and had a very regular and problem-free periods. I'm having a 3-yr old child and have started taking calcium supplements recently.

Please advise if there is any severe (or mild) situation and what would be my next step to take care of it. My doc is currently out of station & will be available only from next month.

Thanks!
There are numerous reasons for having irregular periods. . High level of stress, cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, chain smoking, dramatic changes in your life style may be some of the common causes of your irregular periods.

The cause of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks a ton for your suggestions...will definitely consult my gynecologist ASAP :-)
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Avatar n tn
How old were you when you had your ...
Sep 25 by Hadleigh_bell
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
Sep 25
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals