Aa
A
A
Close
Irregular Periods
Hi, I'm about to be 32 soon. For the past 3-4 months, I'm haaving irregular menstrual cycle (ie; it starts within 19-20 days of the date of the last cycle). However, i never had this problem before and had a very regular and problem-free periods. I'm having a 3-yr old child and have started taking calcium supplements recently.

Please advise if there is any severe (or mild) situation and what would be my next step to take care of it. My doc is currently out of station & will be available only from next month.

Thanks!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
There are numerous reasons for having irregular periods. . High level of stress, cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, chain smoking, dramatic changes in your life style may be some of the common causes of your irregular periods.

The cause of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks a ton for your suggestions...will definitely consult my gynecologist ASAP :-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
ashleyflowers joined this community
Welcome them!
11 hrs ago
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 Meegy 180 days!! Coincidenc... Comment
18 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Dec 10
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Top Women's Health Answerers
Women's Health Community Resources