Irritation with period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Irritation with period

I finally started my period after being 1 week and 2 days late which i believe was do to stress. I had a yeast infection and it is starting to clear up. But it seems there is a red irritation around my vagina. What could cause this irritation??
The yeast infection is probably the cause of your irritation. Does the irritated area itch or burn?
yes it is still a little itchy but it seemed the infection was clearing up apprently it is still going.
That's what it sound like. Another thing...you might know this but you can pass it to your partner during sex! So he should be treated as well or you are in for a long-term issue with this. And trust me, it's no fun. Did you know that men can give them to women? Lots of men get them with no symptoms!