Irritation
OK here's my history: I have had sex with two people, both were virgins.  I started having sex with my boyfriend in November.  The second time we had sex I had awful swelling, itching and discharge for four days after.  We had used a condom.  I went to my gynecologist, and he said it was not an infection but probably a reaction to something or frictional.  It went away on its own.  About a month later, I experienced itching and discharge again, but not as badly.  I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and was treated.  Two months later I experienced the same symptoms, so my doctor recommended I treat myself for a yeast infection again, saying that it may take a while to kill the yeast.  About a month later I had the same symptoms so I treated myself for a yeast infection.  When I began to experience symptoms again, I went back to the gynecologist.  He said he believed it was frictional (I always had these "infections" after having sex).  He didn't treat me for anything, and it went away on its own.  Then I had symptoms again so I called back asking what to do, and he said that he had found some bacteria in the culture, and prescribed me medication for bacterial vaginosis.  I was fine for a long time, and recently I started to feel irritation again, so I decided to go back to my gynecologist.  I saw a different doctor because my doctor was not in, and she could not find evidence of yeast or bacteria, and it was probably from an irritant, such as soap.  Sorry for the long post, but does anyone have any ideas what this could be?
Sometimes I don't understand doctors.  You'd think they'd want to try other things when the same thing continually does not work.  I'm sorry I'm not of much help as I don't really know what it could be.  Maybe even try a different doctor's office?
See what I replied in your later post.