Is it Pregnancy? There's movement, but 3 negative test results...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have been thinking that I might be pregnant for about a month now.  My period is very irregular, but I started feeling something move inside me.  I have one child already so I know what it feels like and that is what I'm feeling now on a daily basis.
I have taken three pregnancy tests though and they all came out negative.  I have gained weight, though that may also be because I hadn't gotten my period in a while...  My mother even asked me if I was pregnant because of my belly.  What else could it be?
I get that too but it is only gas but it really does feel like the beginning movement in preg. if you were preg and feeling movement it would deffinatly show up on a hpt by now but if you are really concernedthe call your doc and get blood tests done. good luck
I made an appointment to get an ultrasound next week to know for sure because some of those movements are too crazy to be gas.  I read that having too much bacteria in the urine can give a false negative result....
I think babies don't start moving until around 16 weeks...at one month they are way too small to feel any movement...i think i read somewhere that they are only the size of an apple seed @ 1 month...If you are indeed pregnant, it is too early to be feeling movement...Maybe its the butterflies?? good luck..
If you are only a month or two along then it's way too early for you to feel the baby. You won't feel the baby till after the first trimester. Average is 19-23 weeks along. And you wouldn't be showing this early either. Is there anyway that maybe you may be farther along than a month? (if you are pregnant)
I have had gas before that feels just like a baby moving and I know that I'm not pregnant. It was unreal cause it felt exactly the same!
It is possible that I may be futher along because I haven't had my period in a while.  When i was pregnant with my son I felt him move at fourteen weeks.

I have been feeling that movement every day now for about three weeks now and some movements are pretty strong.  During dinner tonight it felt like there was something in there doing sommersaults.  I don't know... I'm confused....

Has anyone ever had a false negative later in pregnancy?
First, ditto to what the other ladies have said, too early for movement, too late to not show a positive on a test. No, too much bacteria would not cause a false negative, unless you are peeing on the handle of the test or leaving it sealed in the foil, you should be getting an accurate result if you are that late.

I would get into the doctor and figure out why your period is MIA as it doesn't sound like you are pg just yet.

BTW, I have been pg 8 times, had three boys and can tell you i have had uterine spasms that could have passed for fetal movement, but was not pg.

Andrea
ok well im only 15 years old and with my last bf we never used condoms and he never pulled out... i dont know y but he just wouldnt for nething! now i have had my period for 2 months but i havent this month plus i have taken a preg test and it said negative but then i have gained 2 pounds and i am havin all kinds of symptoms, such as; nausea,peeing a lot, tender breasts, tired all the time, stomach/back pains, etc. i really dont know what to do nemore! can neone help me? i really am in desperate need of some advice. i do go to the doc tuesday to get an ultrasound to see y im havin stomach pains so we'll see from there. i'll keep yall posted too!! well thanks a lot for listening to what i have to say!!
trust me i wanted to!! he wouldnt for nothin he says he cant get off that way and that it dont even feel as good!! i was like but baby we need to, im tooo young for this!! he didnt care tho! and im supposed to go to plan parent hood but havent had time and stuff!
Why didn't you use a condom you know you can get pregnant at anytime.  Maybe you should go to planned parent hood it is free and you don't need a parent try it, it might help you.
Im 32, had my tubes tied 8 years ago.. and I feel like im preganant!!! can I ask for a blood test and an ultra sound! i have all the same symptoms, but im still having a monthly. its very uncomfortable and hectic it wakes me up in the middle of the night i can feel it in my back and my ribs! and Im scared of it all!
They say that's too early to feel movement, but you know your body. I felt movement at 11 weeks. I know it was my baby kicking b/c it felt nothing like i've felt b4 (not gas). My baby was born in Sept 2009 and since then I too have taken 4 hpt's and one bld test and all have come out neg, but I still feel movement and pressure in the uterus. We tried for 8 mons to get preg, not it may be a possibilty that i may be preg again after only 3 mons after giving birth. Good luck 2 u!
Try being 23 weeks preg and taking over 10 home preg test and TWO blood tests at the doctor and still getting neg results. So, don't be fooled, it can happen and happens far more than people realize. Not only did it happen to me, but it happened to a friend who was 19 weeks until a pos result showed up.
im in the same situation. i was beginning to feel that i've gone crazy! Everyone is telling me that its not normal..
So my story is that i was supposed to get my period on march 15 (im ALWAYS regular)...when i did not get my period i began to worry (since i already have a 18 month old and i am a student, my husband and i cannot afford to right now)...i took 2 hpts and 1 blood test all negative...i went to my doc because my body is telling me otherwise...he said he doubts that i am pregnant but to wait! so i did....the day i went to see him i got my "period"...but very light! never been that way for me..im always heavy!
but i ignored this because everyone tells me ur cycle tends to shift here and there so i ignored it once again. its been a week now that i have started to feel early fetal movement. i CAN tell that's what it is!! i am very sure thats what it is because i've had a baby and i know what it feels like...my mom thinks i am crazy! i think everyone does not realize that this happens to women more than we realize..
Everyone is telling me u watch TLC too much but i refuse to believe that its all in my head...it's my body and it's telling me something i can just feel it...i think tonight i'll go to the ER and myself checked as my GYNi does not want to listen to me until i test positive and that could be too late for me!
does anyone have any suggestions?
I am getting an ultrasound done today because for the last few weeks I have felt movement(like and actual baby kicking) in my stomach. I will happen ever now and then and the thing that really made me want to check it out was when it was moving and I could see it. Well any way, I called the Dr. and he said that I watch to much T.V. and that I don't know my body(not exact words, but I got the hint).  He also said that I must have an alien inside me.  WTF?? That kinda makes me upset. Any way it feels weird sleeping on my stomach. I have gained a little weight but I have been walking(a lot) and not eating much at all.  Surely after having 3 kids(2 which are twins) I should know my body and what "gas" is and stuff like that. I just don't know though. I have taken test and they are negative and I still have periods and still taking my birth control pills(which I think is making me still have the periods and making the test negative) IDK though, I am not a Dr. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone that thinks they're pregnant all you would have to do is ask for an internal exam if all blood tests and pregnancy tests have came up negative & if you would be more than 6 weeks pregnant. If your DR. will even do one. This is not a pap this is just an internal exam. They can tell by touching your uterus to see if the membranes are intact & by the size of the uterus. Most generally if a pregnancy test is negative it means your Not pregnant. Pregnancy tests, whether done at home or blood work done at your Doctor's office, aren't accurate until at the very earliest when you're due to start your period. After you've missed your period, is even better. Before you're due to start, the HCG levels aren't usually high enough to test accurately (though in some women they might be). Back to what I was saying. A Dr. can tell if you're pregnant by an internal exam if your more than 6 weeks along. Which is cheaper than an ultrasound because you would be more than likely paying full price out of your pocket for the ultrasound. Doctors and Obgyn's DO NOT order ultrasounds unless it is medically necessary because it is costly and if you don't have insurance you will have to pay it all right away. If it gets ran through it will probably come back that it was NOT medically necessary and they won't pay for it so be prepared for a bill. Whenever you go to the Dr they will give you a urine analysis or a blood test and that will be submitted to the insurance company. If there is no record of this then the insurance company won't pay for just any random ultrasound because you think you may be pregnant. The test has to be positive before the insurance will pay for it or it's not medically necessary. So about all you can do is ask for an internal exam. For the woman confused160 you would definately know if you were pregnant by now and so would a DR. the HCG  would have shown up by now and a DR. would be able to feel your uterus so if you still have negative results go back to the DR. and ask for an internal exam NOT a pap but an internal exam. A pap is to check for cancer that's not gonna tell you nothing about pregnancy.
i have the same problem but i have been getting my peirod, but they have been comeing earlyer and earlyer.i have a almost 3 yearold and a 16 month old so i remember what it feels like. but ive taken like 5 tests in the past 3 months all negitive.i feel movment everyday and its not gas,also have gained weight and feel tired all day long,my nips have been a lil sore off and on and when i feel the movement its more in my ribs. i dont want to be one of those i was preg. and dident know, i have really hard labor and had to beg them to give me a c section after like 38 hours becouse my son was to big to come out.i do not want to do anything on my own! good luck ladys : )
I totally relate! Absolutely go ask you Dr for a blood test.
That is EXACTLY what has been happening to me.  My period is 3 months late, and even though I normally have irregular cycles, I have never gone this long between periods except for when I was pregnant or nursing.  The weird thing is, before I thought I was pregnant, my periods were strangely regular, and then they just stopped.  I have felt pregnant for months, with sore breasts, no period, morning sickness, fatigue, heartburn, oilier face and hair, and I have been feeling way more emotional, but have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and they are all negative.

Then the day after my last HPT, I was just talking to my husband when all of a sudden I felt a baby kicking and squirming around inside me.  It totally freaked me out because it was so unexpected.  I put my husband's hand on my belly and he could feel something moving as well.  I have been feeling more and more movement every day.  The feeling is usually very high up, like just under my ribs.  I know it's not a phantom pregnancy because I wasn't trying to get pregnant or wanting to get pregnant, and right before I felt the movement the first time, I didn't think I was pregnant anymore because of the negative test results.

I called my doctor and we did a blood pregnancy test but it was also negative.  The nurse told me it was probably just gas, but I am 26 years old and I have been pregnant 3 times and have 2 kids, and this is NOT gas.  I am scheduled for an ultrasound in a few days, but I have no insurance, so I will have to pay for everything out of pocket.  I am afraid that if I just go for an internal exam, they might still tell me I am not pregnant, when I really am.  At least with an ultrasound, they will be able to see inside me so i can know what's really going on.  I have a hard time believing I am not pregnant whenever I feel the movement, but when I haven't felt it for a few hours I start to doubt.  I don't know what else the movement could be, but everything else I've been experiencing could be from an ovarian cyst possibly.
I am having similar pregnancy symptoms and wondered what the results of your sonogram and test were?

Reported Report SpamAbuseDuplicatemomof2boys777  
Mar 22, 2012 .To: afawn.That is EXACTLY what has been happening to me.  My period is 3 months late, and even though I normally have irregular cycles, I have never gone this long between periods except for when I was pregnant or nursing.  The weird thing is, before I thought I was pregnant, my periods were strangely regular, and then they just stopped.  I have felt pregnant for months, with sore breasts, no period, morning sickness, fatigue, heartburn, oilier face and hair, and I have been feeling way more emotional, but have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and they are all negative.

I called my doctor and we did a blood pregnancy test but it was also negative.  The nurse told me it was probably just gas, but I am 26 years old and I have been pregnant 3 times and have 2 kids, and this is NOT gas.  I am scheduled for an ultrasound in a few days, but I have no insurance, so I will have to pay for everything out of pocket.  I am afraid that if I just go for an internal exam, they might still tell me I am not pregnant, when I really am.  At least with an ultrasound, they will be able to see inside me so i can know what's really going on.  I have a hard time believing I am not pregnant whenever I feel the movement, but when I haven't felt it for a few hours I start to doubt.  I don't know what else the movement could be, but everything else I've been experiencing could be from an ovarian cyst possibly. .
I have a paraguard IUD that is hormone free and causes you to continue have you period. And i had it for the first 5 months after i got then i noticed one day i noticed when i whipped it was a little pink, i thought i was about to start but i never did. I took a test and it was negative. The next month around the time i was supposed to start i felt a little crampy and time went by no period took a test and negative now its time to start and no sign of a period and i still have a negative test. I'm tired all the time, breast are tender, and i have two kids already and i think i just felt movement. Not sure what to do or what this means. Does anybody else?
I've been going though pregnancy symptoms aswell. All the same symptoms I felt in my first pregnancy. I took 2 at home pregnancy test  and one at the docs, all negative. So I made a appointment so I can fin
d out what the freak is going on with my body, I even told the lady i feel movements, she didn't look at me like i was crazy which was nice. She told me that if ur period does come but u didn't have cramps that its a sign of pregnancy. She also said the movements im feeling could be my body trying to have cramps for my period. I guess that sounds butter then anyone saying " it's all in ur head". Even when they did not do any kinds of exams on u. I don't think its ever a waste of anyone's time to go get checked and ask all the questions about what ur going through and feeling, to me its way more crazy to not do a thing about what ur feeling" like going to the docs that get paid sooooooooo much money to help and find out what's wrong with people's body's". I got a blood test today and i won't get the results for about a week or so. That just seems way toooo long. I asked the lady who took my blood if anyone has had negative urine test but later found out they were exactly pregnant, she Said "yes all the time", thats why they do blood work by just making a apptmt. Which was great for me. So if u feel pregnancy symptoms but ur getting negative results, try ur first urine in the morning, and get a blood test. And way not make a ultrasound apptmt. I Am I don't care what other people think or say. I know my body, and having already had gone through pregnancy I know the symptoms as well as the feeling of the whole thing. I know the difference between gas and a baby moving.

I hope by reading my story that u will make a docs apptmt. Ask ur questions. And put ur mind at ease...
I'll come back to write my answers of the blood test.. Good luck to all, and for the people that don't believe any thing, u know those, " ITS ALL IN UR HEAD", kind of people, what are u even doing on this site.      U don't know about other people's body even if ur some kind of a doc, without all the exams that needs to be done to get through the bottom of what's wrong, u dont have the " REAL ANSWERS".

You can feel baby movements as early as two months, which is 8 weeks. Thats what I was told ,today by a doctor. Get a blood test, ask for a ultrasound. And ask the qeustions you want. Good luck....
Has anyone have any answers. Im going through the same thing. It would be so nice to read results about all these symptoms.
So ANyone on here saying they felt they had baby movements but test came out neg.How are you today?Were you pregnant?Im having those same feelings.Lady who came back w my results looked at me like i was crazy!I have Implenon a plastic rod that is inserted in my arm.So im going crazy thinking i may be because i have been drinking alot lately and i dont know what kind of effect this birth control will have if i am pregnant.I will be going to my doctors office 7*11*12 so ill be back to tell you how it went.my fingers are crossed that im not i have a 3yr old girl and a 1year old (who turns 2 on the 13th)So i cant imagine having another one right now.
I need some help. I came on my period june 3, 2012 then I came on July 7, 2012. My last period I bleed for five days off and on.I am cramping and still feel bloated but I felt somethngmove like three to four times.what coukd that be.
I'm on depo and I'm not sure about my period but I am having certain symptoms like my stomach hurting and the pain feels like it's moving around In my stomach .my breast are super tender and I have a lil puge I'm not sure if I'm pregnant but my sis told my mama she thought I was and every since then it seems like my boobs been sore I.
Really? because I'm worried and I am trying to get something straight to see a doctor but nothing is working out for me. you really think its gas? because I have been getting a sharp stabbing feeling down in my left ovary and a kicking feeling in my lower abs and a feeling like when the baby rolls over and puts its butt up against your belly in my upper ab and i gained weight been walking trying to lose it i lose maybe 3 pounds and then it's right back on. my daughter laid her head on my belly while watching tv and she felt it and asked what was that?
Did you find out what was going on with you? Were you pregnant?
I have had a false negative with my second child. I knew I was pregnant just by the way it felt but the home test and even the doctors said that I was not pregnant. I did not find out I was pregnant until 22 weeks when I finally had an ultrasound and yes I was still on my period until that 5th month. My thing is if you really want to get pregnant your mind can make your mind can make your body believe that you are pregnant and not, but if you are not trying to get pregnant like me but just knew your body and that something is not right then get an ultrasound. Because test can give false negatives sometimes like it did me and yes including in the doctors' office.
I am having movement as well and seeing it too but my test said it was negitive my man even seen it and felt it what should i do where should i go
What she's saying is that she's farther alongnot just one or two months.  I just recently had a uti.
I've been getting negatives on pregnancy tests and feeling sommersaults and quite forceful kicks.
Took a blood test and it came back negative.  I'm on a few meds though.
what it mean when ur doctor tells u there is alot of movement in the ovary area .
There are females that dont ever get a positive test and some do get them later in pregnancy so do some research before you go acting like you know everything.
Iv also been having these kicks,at some pint I was even convinced that I'm preg so I bought a preg test and it was negative my bf and I had unprotected sex in jan but I was still on the pill its april now could I be preg?
Negative pregnancy test about 99.9 percent if not 100 percent of the time means no pregnancy especially at the point that someone thinks they are feeling 'kicks'.  Instead, I'd say it is a GI issue to do with the intestines.  

If you had the unprotected sex in Jan, you'd get a positive pregnancy test by now dear.  No, not pregnant.  good luck
whenyou eventually went to the dr were you with child?
I feel the same but I had my period but it was light in not heavy like all way n I have a 3 year old baby girl but my boyfriend we don't  were condom put he pull out every time
I have two children already so I know what being pregnant feels like. I haven't had my period in 2 months and 14 days. The first month I had slight spotting on and off for 2 weeks. Like pink to light brown in color. Now this would be my third child so I've been told my symptoms would show faster than my other 2 did. And fetal movement an we'll. last night I could have sworn I felt a small summersault in my belly by the bottom of my ribs. I have a 27 month old and my other will be 1 next month. I also feel small aches in my uterus. Idk but I think IM pregnant but y tests are neg.. Making a doc appointment Monday. Any opinions
It is extremely rare, less than 1 percent of women that get a false negative but hey, you could be one of those women.  Go see your doctor.  I had two kids and would say that 10 weeks is pretty early to have any fetal movement you can feel.  A baby is still really tiny at that stage of development.  I felt my second child earlier but it was more because I realized what I was feeling.  At first, it is those little flutters that I didn't realize is the baby so that it wasn't until pretty far along in my first pregnancy, I knew it was the baby.  I knew earlier in the second pregnancy but most likely because I knew what to look for.  I think the only symptom I had sooner was that I showed earlier.  My muscles were shredded and yes, I poofed out right away with baby number 2 showing by the end of the first trimester.  But that was it in terms of anything being different or earlier.  

Anyway, yes.  A doctor is the best one to confirm if you are pregnant. good luck
we'll just did one more test and finally got a positive result. appointment is made for Friday :)
Well congratulations!  You have your hands full.  I had two kids that were 15 months apart and those years were a blur.  You'll be a tired mama but you can do it.  good luck to you!
hey ive been feeling the same thing but i took a pregnancy test and it said negative but i feel the movements getting stronger and stronger everyday help please